Burnt Dinner.

Unspoken Words

AN: This author's note is gonna be a bit long so I apologise for that first. IDEK if you guys even read this tbh..but anyways, as usual, I AM SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATE. T^T I've been held up a lot...studie matters, camp, and I've had to help baby sit my nephews (I have a fear of children btw, so that's been driving me insane) //sigh

ANYWAY, I know some of you have asked if it was possible for me to write in Jiyong's POV. I saw all of your comments even if I didn't reply to all...like I said I've been akdhakfkaj lately. I'm sorry. T^T I usually reply to everything. >.< And to be honest, I tried to write this whole chapter in Jiyong's POV, I really did to think in Jiyong's POV but it ended up being kinda dark for some reason...idk, it was weird for me since I planned this in Seunghyun's view mostly...So I just decided to make it in Seunghyun's view because this is supposed to be fluff, not a depressing story.  Orz

BUT I do have a bit of Ji's POV. Before the page break is all Seunghyun and after it is Jiyong's. Tell me if I should switch POV more of just get back to Seunghyun's if it's weird for you guys >.< Maybe I can get used to writing in Jiyong's POV after this without being dark. 

PHEWWW, that was long. O.O Anyway, ENJOY~! 


 

I let Jiyong get himself together in the bathroom while I made some instant hot chocolate I found in his cupboards. It was still chilly in New York, even with the winter months rolling away into spring, and hot coco was always comforting. I sat patiently on his couch, adding the occasional marshmallow to my own steaming mug but leaving his alone. He probably liked his coco like he enjoyed his coffee – nothing added whatsoever.

The couch cushion beside me was taken by a pale body and I handed Jiyong his mug of molten chocolate. He took it gratefully and I watched as he curled his body around the ceramic as if it would warm his entire being. I sipped slowly at mine, careful not to burn my tongue, and offered him the small bag of marshmallows. He half smiled and let me pour a few into his hand, dropping them in his mug.

Are you feeling better?

A lot better, actually. I've got you and hot chocolate now.

I smiled in reply and pecked his cheek, leaving behind a small chocolate mark that I wiped away with the black sleeve of the hoodie he gave me.

You're still wearing that.

I like the way it smells. Like you.

I lifted the sleeve up to his nose and let him sniff it, chuckling when he made a face.

Do I always smell like that?

Delicious? Yes, you do.

He graced me with a smile, bigger than the one he'd given me before, and let me kiss him briefly. Though it was short, I sighed at the feeling of his lips on top of mine, and as much as I wanted to stay there forever and kiss him until my lips cramped up, I needed to figure out what had really been bothering him. I pulled away with a small sigh and took a good look at him.

There were still some tear tracks left on his face and his cheeks were red, which may have been the product of crying, washing his face, then drinking hot liquids. His flush made the blue in his eyes stand out and the almost navy blue tints in his hair. Before I became too busy staring at him, I took my phone out.

What happened earlier that made you so upset? I've never seen you like that before…

It was nothing important.

Everything about you is important to me.

It seems stupid now.

Please tell me?

It really is nothing. I was just thinking about...

About?

About how I'd never get to dance with you…or hear you call my name. I think I was trying to make myself hear something. 

I'm sorry baby. 

Don't be sorry. What you did made me feel a lot better.

Did something happened to make you think this all of a sudden?

I noticed that he took some time staring at his phone screen before answering.

Sometimes I have those days when all I can think about is being different from everyone else and I was at my breaking point.

I just nodded, not wanting to push it on any further. If it was something he'd want to tell me, he would. I trusted Jiyong. I linked our fingers together and kissed the back of his hand, trying to keep pity out of my eyes. Jiyong was so strong sometimes, I forgot he was a year younger than me. He had a lot of knowledge for someone who hadn't even turned thirty yet, more than most adults. A lot of people could learn a thing or two from him.

Jiyong and I fell into a routine of some sort after that day. It was actually more like a flow than a routine, because we rarely did the same thing every day. It just felt like, even though we'd made it official weeks before, we were a real couple. We spent a lot of time together, and it was always enjoyable.

Every day was different. Sometimes we were at my house or his apartment, maybe the bar if we wanted free drinks. More often than not, as the days got warmer, we found ourselves in the park, strolling down the same path we walked on during our first date with our hands clasped tightly together. He'd even let me take him out shopping if I was extra sweet that day, though he only ever wore what I bought him when it was just the two of us. I was waiting for it to be really hot so I could convince him to go to the pool with me, if only to see what he looked like shirtless and in person.

It was rather strange, we got closer to being a couple for five months, yet I'd never even seen him shirtless before. Not in person, at least. For some reason, neither one of us had let it get that far yet. Sure, we had steamy makeout sessions that involved tongues and fingernails but we always kept all of our clothes on. I didn't think that was because we were uncomfortable with each other, it just hadn't come up yet. And I wanted to, believe me, I wanted to, but I was waiting for him to make the first move. I simply wanted to do it right with him.

There were still certain things I had yet to ask Jiyong about yet. For example, whether or not he could talk. Or if Youngbae did something else to him that I should know about. Whenever those questions popped into my head, we were having so much fun that I felt like it would ruin everything if I randomly asked him, "Hey, so can you talk or are you like, a mute?" or "So, I was wondering if Youngbae happened to molest you, care to elaborate?" I kept them with me and they remained on the top of my list of things to ask him about but there was never a right time to ask him. I was still waiting.

My sign language was coming along better than I originally thought it would. There was something about the hands-on way Ms. Laura taught that stuck with me permanently. It's like she'd show me a new sign one time and I immediately knew it forever. When I mentioned it to her, she said the biggest contributing factor was more than likely my relationship with Jiyong. She said I was so determined to be able to hold a conversation with him without the help of a cell phone that everything I learned was engraved somewhere in my brain.

I wasn't fluent in it, I was far from fluent, but I was farther along than most people in that class and tended to help some of them when they were confused. I showed up to every single class, even the ones on Sunday, though it got harder and harder to keep it from Jiyong. Whether it was when I didn't answer a text or had to cancel a date, I still felt awful about lying to him. He would get suspicious at times, though I couldn't really blame him for it.

I wanted so badly to be able to talk to him in sign language, just one conversation. It hurt sometimes to see sadness snuff out the usual happy flame in his eyes when we'd have to use our phones and ruin a good moment or something. My heart was ing aching at the sight of that and I was already in the middle of planning what I was going to do when I surprised him. I knew what I was going to say… I mean sign, but I didn't know what the setting would be or what day it was going to be, or really anything besides the fact that it was going to be perfect.

We practically lived with each other, as there was hardly ever a night in which we weren't sleeping in the same bed, curled up in each other's arms with one of us wearing a borrowed t-shirt or pair of sweatpants. Jiyong had a drawer in my dresser reserved just for him, and a bottle of his piney soap in my bathroom. We'd yet to exchange keys or toothbrushes, but we were getting there.

Seungri was still on my case all the time about whether or not I was boning Jiyong and my answer was always a somewhat proud but somewhat disappointed "No." He'd grin or make some snarky comment and go back to his business while a mildly sulked for all of a few seconds about my dry spell.

___________

Jiyong was on his third consecutive night staying over at my apartment (still no key or toothbrush), and we were blatantly cuddling on my couch when Jiyong randomly kissed me in a sneak-attack fashion. I was stunned for a moment and the kiss was so short that I barely had time to kiss back, though it still left me momentarily breathless. The pale beauty just giggled and settled back into his comfortable position against my body.

I blinked and let the minutes tick by for a while, trying to figure out if he was having a moment of realization and just needed to kiss me, or he needed to reassure himself that he was a good kisser, or…? I was really confused, and in hindsight I guess I didn't really need to be- Jiyong was filled with endless riddles and none of them I needed to be worried about. But the sneaky kiss threw me off and I was just sitting there like a derp, my mouth slightly open.

Probably fifteen minutes passed and the show we were watching was almost over, about to go to a commercial, so I grinned to myself and chastely kissed his lips for maybe two seconds before pulling away just as quickly. I saw him blink rapidly a few times in the corner of my eye but didn't do anything else. He didn't react immediately and I thought he wouldn't at all when he kissed me again, longer and with the tiniest hint of tongue.

We got into games like that a whole lot; kissing games, staring games, piggyback riding games, and so on. This one was a bit different, somehow more heated than what we usually did. The kisses were getting longer and the intervals between them shorter so in no time at all we were horizontal and making out, hot and sloppy and wet.

After almost five months of cold showers and making out with the iest man on the planet, I knew how to keep myself contained around Jiyong, but I was admittedly getting more and more by the second. I was trying my damnedest to hold back the raging hard on that was threatening to make an appearance through my jeans, and I actually had to pull away from his magic mouth to kiss a blazing line down his jaw and to his throat, stopping to on the sensitive spot behind his left ear.

Ten soft fingers were gliding down my back and I unconsciously stifled my low moan, knowing that if I got too into it, I wouldn't be able to control myself. I tried to think of saggy grandmother s, old man dong, anything that was disgustingly uny, but it wasn't working. Just the touch of the skin of his neck on my lips was enough to get me heated, though Jiyong sure as hell wasn't complaining.

I looked down from where I was kissing the crook of Jiyong's neck (also leaving a lovely hickey) and saw that his shirt had ridden up so the trail of fine, black hair that ran down from his bellybutton to the waistband of his jeans was showing. I followed it with my eyes but stopped myself before I got past the button on his jeans; I wasn't going to ogle his through his pants. That would make him uncomfortable. I just went back to kissing his neck, smiling when I saw the mark I was leaving behind.

Jiyong gently tugged at my hair and I moved back up to kiss his lips instead of his neck, the way we both preferred. We went on kissing like that for a little while longer, sweeter and with less tongue. I calmed down a bit, or maybe too much, because I had to keep forcing myself not to yawn and kill the moment, which made my jaw do this strange thing that made my ears wiggle and Jiyong kept giving me a look.

No, no, no! I thought. I wasn't allowed to be tired, it was too damn early. I wanted a shirt off and hair pulled and moans and groans and less clothing. And some ing romance. I didn't have any like, elaborate plan or something, but I wanted it and Jiyong wanted it and it wasn't fair that my body was betraying me and being tired.

I was so busy thinking about being tired that I forgot to force myself to hold in my yawn and I let it slip out. Jiyong gave me an equally sleepy smile and I was glad that I wasn't the only one who was totally exhausted, but also mildly miffed that I wouldn't kiss him again until the next day. At least we hadn't gotten any farther and then had to stop, because it would've been awful to finally get his shirt off and then be too tired to do anything after that.

Jiyong gave me a small, close-mouthed kiss that either lasted five minutes or five seconds –my sense of the passing of time was completely thrown off when I kissed Jiyong for too long –and got up to brush his teeth using the spare toothbrush I had, though it was basically his. I changed into something more comfortable to wear to bed instead of the skinny jeans and tank top I had on, then decided to maybe sneak another heated kiss in before going to sleep.

With a slightly devious smile, I tried to creep into the bathroom but Jiyong was already on his way out and I basically ended up opening the door for him. He smiled, probably thinking I was being chivalrous rather than sneaky, and I sluggishly sunk into bed beside him, trying to come up with a way to surprise Jiyong with my sign language abilities before passing out completely.

___________

"Seungri!" I exclaimed, running into the bar the next day and skidding to a stop in front of him. I had said a hasty goodbye to Jiyong on my way out the door that morning after he'd asked me where I'd been on Tuesday, and I left a bit earlier for work, making up some lame excuse I'm sure. "I need your help!"

"No," Seungri said without missing a beat. "I will not have a with you and Jiyong."

"What?"

"What?"

We stared each other down for maybe too long, and then I shook away the strange moment to get to my point. "You know fluent sign language right?"

"Yeah, and…?" He was aimlessly flipping through a magazine I couldn't see the cover of and seemed much more interested in it than what I was saying.

"Will you tell me if I'm doing it right?"

"Seunghyun, you don't know sign language," he said, bored. "And I'm not going to teach you."

"Seungri, ing listen, I do know it, or a little of it." I shook my head, exasperated. "Look, could you just help me… Please?"

His eyes lazily slid up to mine, releasing their hold on his seemingly interesting magazine. "When did you find the time to learn sign language?" he asked, sounding bored but the smallest bit interesting.

"You're forgetting that the world exists before noon, Seungri." His focus was back on his magazine after he heard my half-assed reply and I was close to just backhanding him in order to get his full attention. This was important.

"Well, how much do you know already? Besides the alphabet." Seungri's voice was hitting the wood of the bar and the glossy paper of whatever he was reading, but I knew it was directed towards me.

I didn't answer right away, pausing to think for a moment. "Probably enough to have a conversation with someone."

"Show me, then," Seungri suggested. "I'll tell you how much you screw up." He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I sighed.

'I hate you,' I signed with a look of disdain on my face.

'Keep going,' was all he signed back, not bothering to tell me if I messed something up or not.

Having gone over everything I knew I was going to say to him beforehand, I had no problem repeating it all to Seungri himself. 'I hate you but I love your brother. I love him more than I have ever loved anyone before.'

Seungri's hand flew up in a 'stop right there' kind of way. He shook his head and my heart clenched when I feared I'd done something wrong, like said pants instead of love or something. "I hate you but I pants your brother." The look on Seungri's face wasn't telling me that I'd mis-signed something though; it seemed more like he was completely revolted.

"I do not want to know about all that sappy love bull," he said, assuring me indirectly that I'd signed everything correctly. "Sign something else."

'What are you reading?' I signed instead. I'd definitely wanted to keep going on about Jiyong, though I was somewhat proud of myself for knowing what I was asking him. It was a small accomplishment for me.

'Cosmopolitan.' His answer came with a sly grin, one that he always used to suggest something inappropriate.

I squinted at him. 'I don't think I want to know why you are reading that.'

With a shrug, he signed, 'It has good tips for the bedroom.'

'I really hate you.'

"That was actually really good," Seungri finally vocalized, sounding oddly surprised. "Where did you learn to sign?"

"There's a bi-weekly class down at the community center, the one on Main Street," I explained. "I go there every Tuesday and Thursday."

"How long have you been going there?"

"Uh." I paused, thinking. "I don't really know; I few months."

"You're doing pretty well… A lot better than I was doing after a few months. And I was taught by a professional…" His voice trailed off and I figured our conversation was over when he spoke again. "So… you're doing all of this… for Jiyong?"

My eyebrows drew together, slightly confused. "Yeah… who else would I be doing this for?"

He shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't know, I'm just saying that it's… kind of like… sweet, or something." His eyes glued themselves back to his Cosmo, though he continued speaking. "I mean… you're learning an entire language just to be with Jiyong; no one's really done that before. Not in that way."

"Is this your ed up way of saying you approve of me as his boyfriend?" I asked, my grin obvious in my voice.

The golden boy snapped his gaze back to me, eyes slightly narrowed. "What? No. I was just saying-"

"That I'm a sweet boyfriend," I finished for him.

"That's not what I said. Don't flatter yourself."

"Hiding your feelings will get you nowhere, Seungri!" I sang as I walked away from him. "Don't be afraid to show your true colors!"

 

▒▒▒▒▒▒

 

As I was reading a book on the history of the Soviet Union, my phone vibrated, notifying me of a new text. I reached over lazily for it and slid the unlock button, smiling as I realised it was a text from Seunghyun.

Your farts smell good

?

You have y feet.

Seunghyun, what the .

Sorry darling. I was bored xD

You're lucky I love you.

Yes, I am :) I have a question.

I probably have an answer.

Will you go out with me?

I thought I already was…?

I meant that literally. Let's go for a walk and get some coffee or something.

Okay, when do you want to go?

In about an hour. I'll pick you up?

Sure.

Yay :D I'll see you in an hour. Love you.

Love you too.

I laughed, shaking my head as I set my phone back on the table and continued to read my book, not able to concentrate fully as my mind was filled with thoughts of seeing Seunghyun in an hour. He did not even tell me what we were going to do.

As the hour almost pass, I stood up and got ready and decided to wait for him outside of my building. Not long after I saw his car drove up. I stood up as he stopped the car and got out of it. I walked over to him with arms wide open, unable to wait any longer to be in his warm embrace, he lifter me up a little and spun me around once, I could suppress the giggle that escaped me. He made me turn into such a kid. 

As we got into the car and drove off to his place, I noticed a plastic bag full of stufff dumped unceremoniously in it, I raised an eyebrow at him. I mentally smacked myself for expecting an answer from him, he was driving, of course he couldn't answer. I sighed and played with my phone until we reached his place. As I was about to open the car door, Seunghyun was already darting out to open it for me, I chuckled at his behaviour. He took my hand and took the bag from me as he walked me up to his apartment. As soon as we entered I was attacked by Charlie, I adored the dog just as much as I do the owner. As I played with Charlie Seunghyun took up the task of putting away the things he bought earlier.

After a while, I ended up in the kitchen helping him cook dinner despite his insistant reluctance to let me. I knew that he rarely cooked so I'm doing this not only to help him, but myself. A man has got to have a good dinner! As I was preparing the sauce for the chicken, Seunghyun had managed to cause trouble and managed to get a lot of it on my shirt, I smiled and shook my head at him. And he had the guts to tell me not to help out in the kitchen.

As I was cleaning up the little mess, Seunghyun walked over to the fridge and wrote on the mini whiteboard that was stuck on it.

I can throw that in the washing machine for you.

I was about to decline when he simply walked over and pulled my shirt off of me. I stood stunned for a while but shrugged it off and thanked my habit of always wearing an undershirt as I finished cleaning up before walking back to the living room to get my hoodie. We both decided to cuddle on the couch while we wait for the chicken to cook further in the over. I pulled my sweater closer, feeling slightly cold. Seunghyun spologised as he notices this and went to mess with the thermostat a little.

After about half an hour, the room temperature had risen noticably. It was warm enough that as we were kissing, I had to remove my hoodie to be more comfortable from both the heat of the room and the warmth radiating from our bodies. As we were kissing I noticed a smell that wasn't there before. I furrowed my eyebrows and quickly grabbed my phone.

Do you smell that?

Seunghyun too furrowed his eyebrows and we stared at each other for a couple of seconds before realising where the smell was coming from, and not a second later the fire alarm in Seunghyun's kitche went off. 

___________

The firefighters had came by and everyone was now infront of Seunghyun's apartment wondering what happened. From the look on Seunghyun's face he seemed to be very annoyed both from the firefighter's constant nagging at him and his neighbour's inquiries and questioning looks. After a while, Seunghyun walked away from them and headed to my direction. He held his hand out, pulling me p from sitting on the floor and headed back into the apartment after everyone was shooed back to theirs.

Was there an actual fire? I could see Seunghyun sigh softly. 

No, just a whole lot of smoke from overcooked dinner.

Is that because I was...distracting you?

I believe it was just my own incompetence.

So that's why it was so hot...

Not exacly...my heater was turned up pretty high...

Oh, so it's fixed now?

It was never broken.

Okay, now I'm lost.

He sighed again, tapping at his phone screen a few time but deleting it, he did it over a few times, trying to figure out what to explain as I wait patiently. 

I just turned it up.

Why?

Well...

Seunghyun.

You just had your hoodie on all the time and then a tank top inderneath your shirt and I thought that if I turned the heat up just a little bit maybe you'd take something off..I don't know..ugh..this is weird...

So you're saying you wanted me to take of my clothes?

I was trying to say it in a way that wasn't so creepy...but yeah.

I sighed softly and stood up from where I was sitting on the couch. I stood in front of him, hands on my hips and gave him a perplexed look that. I smirked a little and cocked an eyebrow as him as I pulled off my white tank top and tossed it on the couch next to him. 

 

 

AN: I know this is slightly longer than what I usually write. I've been away for so long so I felt like I owe at least this to you. I'm sorry. T^T Comment and tell me that you're still following this story please. D:

I also apologise for any mistakes/typos. It's 4:30 am and I don't have the energy to double check right now. >.<