The New Job

Music Box

 

The two who were left talked about things while walking.

 

          “Chae Rin-ah, where are we going?”

          “We’re going to the president.”

          “President? Why?”

          “You said you wanted a job, right?”

          “I do. But how can a president of an agency like this give me a job?”

          “Just follow me.”

 

          And she did the things she was instructed to do.

 

          “Annyeong Hashminika, President.” Said CL and bowed formally. Hye Jin bowed formally too because she knows how scary that person is. CL always talks about how she was always frightened of him though she still said that he is a kind person.

          “Is she the one?”

          “Yes.”

          “What are you talking about?” whispered Hye Jin to CL trying not to be heard by the President.

          “You are Cha Hye Jin, right?” said the President while examining her.

          “Ahhh. Yes sir!” She sat down properly.

          “I’m Hyang Hyun Suk. Maybe Chae Rin told you about me. I’m the president of YG Entertainment and I want you to be our photographer.”

          “What? Did I hear you right? You want me to be your photographer?” said Hye Jin who was a bit startled.

          “Yes. You see, we have photographers from different sectors like the media. But all of them have their designated places and they can’t be contacted anytime. We still have to ask for an appointment for them so I’ve decided to hire a private YG photographer for the company. So that, if we have urgent need we don’t have to ask for appointments anymore.” said the president with firmness in his words.

          “And you are asking me to be the one? But I haven’t submitted anything yet. Am I really qualified?”

          “Chae Rin helped me with that already. She gave me your personal information and gave samples of your pictures.”

          “I got the photos from your blog and printed them. I gave them to him.” said Chae Rin with a big smile on her face.

          “So now, you’re hired. Take it or leave it?”

          “Of course. I should take it!” said Hye Jin looking so happy. She looked at both with a very thankful face. She wanted to have a real job in Korea but she never knew that she will get it before even passing a resume or application form.

          “That’s good. I like people who thinks fast.” said the President who looks so eager.

          “When should I start? And should I go here everyday?”

          “You can start today. All you have to do first is to know everyone around YG Entertainment especially our artist. You will also go here everyday and we will tell you which artist will you be assigned.”

          “I see. I’m so glad to work with you, sir!” said Hye Jin who was bursting in excitement.

          “Okay. Okay. So come on, I’ll introduce you to everyone during our meeting.”

 

          The president of the agency called a meeting for the announcement of upcoming activities of the different artist. The three of them came in the conference room. The room isn’t yet packed but 2NE1 was there already. Chae Rin immediately introduced her best friend to the members. All of them seems to like Hye Jin especially Park Bom who was fond of her because she said she looks just like her when she was younger. The Big Bang members came next. Of course, Taeyang was there. Hye Jin noticed him arrived but the other didn’t notice her.

 

          “Chae Rin-ah, who is that boy?” whispered Hye Jin to CL pointing to Taeyang.

          “Oh! You little girl! You’re really forgetful. Don’t you remember them? They’re Big Bang. And he is Dong Young Bae aka Taeyang.” Hye Jin suddenly remembered the memories from the past. Actually, she intended to forget everything in Korea when her parents separated.

          “What? He is that guy whose voice was like an angel?”

          “Yeah.”

          “How can an angel be a like that?” said Hye Jin with a soft voice and a sound of disappointment.

          “Let’s start the meeting now.”