The LunchBox

Music Box

 

She was blank. She froze at that moment. He was also shocked for what he did. He saw her blushed that made him be embarrassed. He stood up and turned around.

 

          “It’s already late. We need to go home now.” He said.

          Both were awkward in the car. The boy was embarrassed while the girl was still shocked. They’ve arrived to Hye Jin’s house in an instant. Taeyang followed her through her doorstep.

 

          “Hmmm…. Sorry for the randomness a while ago…” he reluctantly told her.

          “Ah… It’s fine.”

 

          He turned around and started walking towards his car but he stopped once he heard Hye Jin yell.

 

          “Oppa, komawo ~ Goodnight.”

 

          Then she quickly went inside. Taeyang just smiled and went home too.

 

          The next morning, Hye Jin was assigned to do an outdoor shoot with Big Bang. She was already acting like there wasn’t anything that happened last night.

 

          They came up to the site and it was a very relaxing place. A picnic ground with trees all over. The shoot was all about spring so they have to do it on outdoors but it’s a private place so there’s only the staff and artist there.

 

          She politely bowed to everyone and to Jiyong as well. She greeted him nicely as if nothing happened. She’s still hurt but she’s trying to forget everything last night. She saw Taeyang and he gave her a radiant eye smile as always.

 

          After taking some pictures, the staff decided to take a lunch break. They set up a tent there and ate together but Hye Jin was taking her time alone. She didn’t join them. Taeyang wondered what happened to her so he decided to find her and bring food. He found her sitting on a shade of a big tree far from the staff.

 

          “Here you are! Why are you slacking off again?”

          “Ahh… no, I’m not slacking off. I… just want my time alone.”

          “Are you still hurt from last night?”

          “No. it’s just…”

          “It’s just?”

 

          Taeyang noticed that she was hiding something behind her.

 

          “Hey, what’s that?” he asked trying to get it.

          “Yah, it’s nothing.”

 

          He finally snagged the thing she was hiding. It was actually a lunch box. She did it last night for Taeyang as her way of saying thank you since he carried her and brought her to a nice place.

 

          “Oh, It’s a lunchbox, is it for Jiyong?”

          “No… It’s for you.” She shyly said and looked down. Taeyang couldn’t believe it.

          “I made it last night as my thanks to you.”

 

          Taeyang remembered that it was near midnight when they arrived at their house and their photo shoot was too early so if she cooked for him, she will just have few hours of sleep.

 

          “I know you’ve eaten already so… just ignore it…”she said frowning a little bit.

          “Why? Don’t you have any confident in this one? And who said I’m full? I’m not used to eating small food so I’m gonna finish this all up.” He said but he’s really full. In fact, he can’t seem to digest the food anymore.

 

He opened the lunch box and it was very hand made. The rice is topped with beans forming a sun which Hye Jin used to describe Taeyang because it means sun in Korea. She cooked omelet eggs and sausages as well as kimchi as a side dish. Taeyang was so overjoyed to see this, he looked at Hye Jin and gave her his most sparkling smile. Hye Jin’s ears turned red as she felt happy and embarrassed at the same time. Taeyang ate everything, he ate fast as if it could be taken away by someone else until he choked.

 

“Ehem.. Ehem…” holding his neck.

“Yah! Why are you eating too fast?” as she gave him a bottle of water.

 

He’s finally been relieved.

 

“This is too precious. This is my first time to receive a lunch box and I don’t want anybody to eat it besides me. I don’t want to let anyone steal it away so I’m eating all of it before anyone sees it.”

 

 

 

 Hye Jin was happy seeing him finish it all. Taeyang never wants to put aside Hye Jin’s effort and deep inside him, he was happy. He was very happy.