The Scandal

Music Box

           The next morning, Hye Jin and Taeyang went to the office together but as soon as they came, the president called Taeyang for an urgent meeting. The president looked so much stressed out when he called him. Hye Jin suddenly became anxious not knowing why.

 

          The meeting consisted of the Big Bang members only and the president. The members were already there when he came. They were all looking worried.

 

          “What happened guys? Is there something wrong?” he asked.

 

          They didn’t answer him and the president heaved a deep sigh. He started to talk.

 

          “We have a problem, Young Bae.” All of them looked at him. They were weird. It’s different. He looked at the president seriously. He knew something wrong is going on.

          “There’s a scandal about you and Hye Jin.”

          “What?” he was so stunned.

          “Yes. There was a VIP who saw you at the restaurant yesterday. She gave your pictures to the press and told them what happened. The press kept calling us asking for permission to interview you. We tried to control things and hold them up but they kept on insisting. All we just came up was to hold on to the pictures so that they won’t be released. I’m so sorry…”

 

          Silence covered them for a while…

 

          “I’m sorry hyung and guys; I gave you a hard time again.” He said feeling so worried for his agency and for the members.

          “No, it’s okay. It’s your first time to love so we really support you but Hye Jin should be more careful this time.”

          He heaved a sigh.

 

          Meanwhile, Hye Jin was too bored to wait for Taeyang inside the agency. Since she has no schedules, she went out for a while to buy something for them to eat. It was ordinary for Hye Jin to go in and out of the agency. There will always be fans outside the gate. It was very usual to Hye Jin. She went to a café to buy some coffee. She didn’t notice that a group of girls were following her. By that time, Hye Jin was on her way back. She was walking lively as always with the coffee she was bringing.

 

          “Unni, annyeong!” a girl approached her suddenly.

          “Oh, annyeong! Why?” she asked.

          “We just want to talk to you.” Another girl said to her.

          “Huh?” and then they pulled her into the small street; they formed a circle and surrounded her. There were no other people there except the girls and Hye Jin.

 

          “Unni, are you a VIP?”

          “You’re just a photographer at YG, right?”

          “She doesn’t look so pretty.”

          “What did he saw in her?”

 

          The girls kept talking to each other while still surrounding her. Hye Jin doesn’t understand what’s happening so she just stood up there keeping an eye on them. She’s strong so she knows how to defend herself. Then a girl who looks like their leader started.

 

          “Yah! Are you really Taeyang’s girlfriend?” She was shocked. She knew it now, they are fans and this was the thing she doesn’t want to happen. She doesn’t want to be hated by these people so precious to her boyfriend though that in time, she’ll still need to face everything.

 

          Meanwhile, Taeyang’s meeting ended. He tried to find Hye Jin to warn her and asked her to stay home for the moment. He can’t see her so he started calling her phone but no one was answering. The guard saw him and said that Hye Jin went out. Taeyang felt uneasy, he knows that it’ll be dangerous for Hye Jin if fans recognize her. He went out to find her.

 

          “Girls, unni’s a busy lady. Sorry, I can’t talk to you.” Hye Jin tried to walk away from them but suddenly one girl pushed her so bad that made her hit the wall. She was hurt.

          “I saw you yesterday on the restaurant. You are his girl, right?” She didn’t answer. One girl started pulling her hair. She was hurt so she pushed her.

          “Yah! I’m not doing anything to you! Why are you doing this to me?”

          “You’re not suited for Taeyang! Do you even see yourself in the mirror? You are just an ordinary girl, but Taeyang-oppa’s more than that! We can’t accept this relationship.” she was dazed. They are true that she’s not really on his level. One of them hit her then the other started pulling her hair. It was like a 6 vs. 1 match. She can’t fight. She was lost with their words against her. She started to cry. Her phone rang. It was Taeyang. She can’t answer, the hits they were giving her becomes more painful by the moment.

          “Please stop!” she said.

          “Stop? If you promise to get away from Taeyang oppa then we’ll stop.”

          Hye Jin didn’t want to answer. She wanted to call for help but nothing came out of . They continued hitting her. When a man suddenly appeared and block every hit they were giving Hye Jin. They didn’t recognized him at first because he embraced her and they could only see his back but they were dazed to finally know the man in front of them. They stopped. They were shocked find Taeyang in front of their very eyes.

          “T….t…taeyang-oppa?” He let go of Hye Jin and looked at them.

          “You can go now. Please leave us alone.” He said with his eyes so mad. The fans ran as fast as they can. He saw her hiding in his back, crying and trembling because of pain.

          “Hye Jin-ah.” He said with a weak voice. He hugged her. She cried in his arms. She was badly hurt, not only her body but her heart as well. He embraced her so tight and continuously whispered to her ear, “Mianhae, Hye Jin-ah.”