009

Kidnapper = Lover

 

Chapter 9:
                Heart Beat
 

 

Yejin POV

The rest of the movie was watched in peace. There were a few laughs here and there and I started to get really comfortable. A few tears fell once in a while along with a few jumps of fear but other than that, the movie was very enjoyable. Right when the credits showed up, my eye lids were getting heavy. It's been a long day and now I needed some rest. I yawned and Yixing happened to notice it. He grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.

"You should probably go to sleep now," Yixing suggested. Without a response, I got up and walked soulessly to my room. Yixing has also got up and followed closely behind me. I opened my door and then turned to face Yixing.

"Thanks for today Yixing," I smiled. He gave a breif nod and we both left into our own chambers. I sighed and plopped on my bed. Today was very... active. Drained all my energy from me! As I lay like a starfish on my bed, I closed my eyes to get some rest. But then a familiar surge of pain entered my head.

 

"Oppa, I thought you went out with friends.." I asked, as I let him in the door. He had shopping bags in his hands. I tried to get a peak of what was in there but the bags were shut closed. I pouted and followed him to the kitchen where he put the bags down.

"Yah, you never answered my question," I told him, not liking his attitude right now. Still ignoring my question, he opened one of the bags and placed it upside down, spilling the contents in it. I looked at all the different clothes that were scattered on the counter and then gave a questioning stare at him. He cleared his throat and stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking in a different direction.

"You said you wanted to wear couple outfits... so I spent the whole day picking out them. Sorry for lying to you, I wanted to keep it a secret," he scratched the back of his head, not knowing if that was the best decision. I smiled and picked up some of the clothes. This was touching. I was only joking around but he really took this seriously. I couldn't stop smiling. He really took his time to pick all these clothes out.

"Oppa, you know we could have went shopping together. You didn't have to go out all by yourself," I told him.

"Ah, I didn't really think of that. Well you said that we didn't look like a couple so... like I said, it was a surprise! Can't I do that for my girlfriend?" he questioned and he pulled me in for a hug. I smiled and shook my head.

"I never said you couldn't..."

"Ok, lets try these on!" he urged and rushed me to the bathroom with one of the bags.

We changed into our matching outfits, one by one. With each outfit worn, we would look in our large mirror and take pictures together. Everytime we take pictures together, I love printing them out and putting them all over my room. My room is actually a mess! With pictures everywhere and his stuff in my room... it may be a mess but its always been like this.

"Ah, oppa... I'll be right back," I told him and I raced to my room. I opened my drawer next to my bed and took out the small baggie I had. Racing back to him, I gave him the bag.

"What's this?" he asked, eye looked innocent as he took the bag from my hands.

"I was going to give it to you later as a birthday present but I felt like now is the best time," I told him, blushing. I started to get nervous when he took the present out. He lay the present out on his hand and he just eyed it. I panicked.

"I'm sorry if you don't like it! I had no idea what to get you so I bought you that, cause I thought it would look good! But if you dont like it, I could always return it and-" I started rambling on but I was silenced by his lips on mine. When he pulled away he gave me a genuine smile.

"I love it, thank you. I'll wear it every single day!" he exclaimed.

"Everyday?" I asked bewildered.

"Of course! This beanie is now precious to me since you picked it out and gave it to me. I'll never get rid of it."

 

I jolted awake, the sun rays shining in my eyes. I sat up on my bed and felt something wet on the side of my face. Touching my cheek, I realized I was crying. Was I crying in my sleep? Oh, my dream... that guy's face was blurry again. I sighed. Why do I keep having these types of dreams... or flashbacks or... whatever they are?!

A wonderful scent filled my noise and I smelled the air. I inhaled deeply and smelled the delectable scent. My stomach growled and it was time for breakfast. I left my room and the smell got stronger. Closing my eyes, I let my nose lead the way.

When I opened my eyes again, I was in the kitchen. Yixing was already here, cooking over the stove. So it was him who was making that delicious smell... well of course, he's the only other one in this house. I sat down by the island and watched him cook breakfast. It doesn't look like Yixing knows I'm here, so I'll just wait patiently for now.

Yixing was now turned around putting his food on a plate. When he looked up, he finally spotted me, making him jump in surprise. He placed a hand over his heart and along wore a im-about-to-die face. I chuckled at him while he was getting his posture back.

"Yah, Yejin! You scared me! How come you don't make a sound when coming in?" Yixing pouted like a little kid.

"Sorry, I just would have guessed that you would know when a presense was in the room or not," I joked, sticking my tongue out.

"Ha, funny! Here, eat," he pushed the plate towards me: it was a pancake! I my lips and picked up the chopsticks that Yixing had set out for me. I only took one bite of the pancake and it was pure heaven! I had stopped chewing and looked off into the distance with lust in my eyes.

"Wae... is it good?" Yixing asked, worried that it would taste good. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Good? This is freaking delicious! How come everything you good is so good..." I pouted. Whenever I make something, it always smells good, it always looks good... but it never tastes good. Why is that? Why do I have such bad luck?

"Yah, not everything I cook tastes good. I can't bake, that's for sure," Yixing stated and also started digging in to the pancake. I smiled to myself. I'm not a good cook, but I can sure bake! It's been a while since I've baked but baking is just for me.

Throughout breakfast, it wasn't like every day. It wasn't awkward where no one was saying anything. It wasn't a situation where one would say something to the other but would only get a word word answer as a response. It wasn't anything like that. This time... it was more relaxing. We laughed here and there. He made jokes that were really lame but it was funny at the same time. This atmosphere was something I enjoy and it doesn't matter who I'm with. Whether it be a stranger or someone I'm really close to, I always like a light, fluffy atmosphere. An atmosphere similar to seem like we were good friends for years. I like it.

"I can clean the dishes," I offered and took the plate but Yixing took it back.

"No I can clean them," and it was like a tug-n-war.

"No. I can do them since you already cooked," I pulled the plate towards me.

"But this is my house. If I say I want to dfo them then I will do them," the plate went back to him.

"I am technically the guest in this house. So it's the least I can do."

"Technically you live here."

"Oh so this is also my house?" 

"Yes, but I'm the owner so I'm going to do them."

"I'm just trying to be nice and do them! Why are you so against it?"  I questioned but this stumped him. He had no answer. I smirked and fully took the plate into my own hands.

"Now that you don't have any more objectives, I am going to do the dishes," I announced and the water. Yixing could only watch me now. He leaned against the island and watched me. I cleaned the plate and took the pots and other utensils he used from the stove and also washed them.

"I'm going to put on a movie, so hurry up before it starts playing," Yixing said and left to put on a random movie. I hummed in response, continuing my job.

I had just finished and I washed my hands on a towel that was by the sink. I pushed my hair out of my face and was about to go to the living room when I stopped in my tracks. Should I make popcorn? It couldn't hurt. So I went to the pantry like last night and put popcorn into the microwave. This time I cooked butter popcorn. I could also smell the popcorn scent before it even started to all pop. Once it was done, I took it out and put the contents of it in a large bowl, just like last night. I brought the bowl to the living room and I was surprised to see that Yixing had paused the movie. 

"I thought you were going to watch the movie without me," I said and sat down beside him, the bowl in my lap.

" I decided to be nice and wait for you," Yixing gave me a cheesy smile. I laughed and turned my attention to the TV while his attention was on the popcorn. He took a few into his mouth and gave me a weird look.

"What?" I asked, also putting the popcorn into my mouth.

"This is butter,"

"Yeah, what's wrong with butter? I just thought since we had kettle yesterday, we could have butter this time," I told him and looked at him with innocent eyes. Was this a bad idea? To cook butter popcorn?

"There's nothing wrong with it, but I prefer we eat kettle because it's better for you,"

"Oh, I never knew you were so big on health," I joked.

"Well, now you know more about me. There really isn't anything wrong with butter, but kettle is better," he told me. I nodded my head and leaned back in my seat.

"So what are we watching today?" I asked, taking a handful of popcorn into my hands.

"Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters," Yixing responded. I raised my brows in curiousity. Never seen this movie before, sounds interesting. I paid close attention when every action scene came on. For some reason, I love watching action parts in the movie although I don't like to watch action movies... sounds weird right? Fight scenes once in a while is ok, but watching action in every scene in the movie... is doesn't really suit my taste. I don't know, I'm weird when it comes to thinks I like. I jumped back when a witch suddenly appeared on scene. It scared the out of me! I heard Yixing laughing beside me. Turning to face him, I gave him my death glare.

"Why are you laughing?" I questioned, challenging him a little.

"Your reaction was so cute!" he laughed. In all honestly, my reaction was supposed to be mad, but the complete opposite happened. I blushed. Cute? He called me cute... When I keep thinking about, my cheeks started to get hotter and I turned around so my face wasn't facing him anymore. That was so embarrassing! Why am I blushing? Blushing is not supposed to happen! I have a boyfriend... remember Kai. Remember... My mood now became depressed. When will I see Kai again? My Kim Jongin?

"Hey... you ok?" Yixing bumped shoulders with me and gave me a concerned look. I nodded shyly and gave him a weak smile. Why, out of all times, did I have to think about Kai at this moment? I should actually be mad at him! He left me and never came to get me. No, this is making me even more upset. Stop thinking about it Yejin! Leaning back on the couch again, I tried paying attention to the movie, but it wasn't working anymore. Kai kept running in my mind; his face, his actions, his expressions, everything we did together.. it's all coming back. Aish...

"Yejin? Yejin!" Yixing started shaking me. I snapped out of it and looked at the male in front of me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Are you ok? I've been calling you for a while and you never responded. What are you thinking about?" he asked, pure concern filled his chocolate brown eyes.

"Sorry, I'm fine. I was just spacing out..." I told him, giving him another weak smile. It didn't look like he believed me but he never said anything so the coast is clear.

"Is the movie over already? Let's watch another one!" I insisted. I need to get Kai out of my head and watching a movie or doing something else is a great distraction. And so, another movie was put on. This time, it was more relaxing. The atmosphere was better but most importantly, our relationship got better. During the whole movie, Yixing was poking my sides, making me smile and laugh. When I look over at him, he pretends to be watching the movie, but I knew he wasn't. I try to hold in my laughter but somehow Yixing always knows how to make my crack.

"Do you want to play cards?" he asked and I couldn't possibly say no. We sat on the floor and Yixing took out the deck of cards from the table near the couch. For a few hours we just played different card games. It was a fun time... and a hurtful time. We played Slap Jack and when I slapped my hand down first, Yixing came right after, slapping my hand instead of the cards. Now you can see a huge red mark all over the top of my hand.

"I'm getting hungry..." I said. I looked at the clock and it surprised me by how much time had passed. It was almost time for dinner. If we don't move now, the food won't be prepared in time.

"Me too... you can watch TV while I prepare the food," he suggested.

"I can help cook," I told him but Yixing just declined my offer.

"That's ok. Like you said earlier, you're not a good cook. Don't want to risk my chances of dying," he joked.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny" I stuck out my tongue.

While Yixing was getting the food ready, I took a quick shower and went to the balcony. The fresh air hit me and I instangly went to the railing. Leaning against it, I just looked out in the distance. How can Yixing have such a nice place. I wonder what he does to earn all this. This is such a nice apartment and a nice view. Is his parents rich? Does he secretly have a highly paid job that I don't know about? I looked below me, watching the traffic that passes by. It wasn't long when Yixing called me back in to eat.

As we were eating, the doorbell rang. Yixing got up first to get the door but the door had already opened on its own and in came his friends. I smiled when I saw Luhan and Xiumin. Immediately, I waved and walked over to them. Xiumin had crushed me in a bear hug while Luhan had also joined in on the hug.

"What are you guys doing here?" Yixing asked, a fork in his mouth.

"We just wanted to stop by or... they wanted to stop by," Yifan explained, pointing to the two friends who were hugging me.

"WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Xiumin shouted and hugged me even tighter.

"It's only been a day! Now get off her!" Yixing made his way over and ripped Luhan and Minseok off of me.

"Do you have more food?" Tao asked, looking around the kitchen. Yixing sighed and put his hands on his hips.

"There's more food in the pot, go ahead and eat you guys," Yixing said, and right away, every single person went to the kitchen to get some food, while making a big commotion. I giggled.

"Are they always like this?" I asked.

"Sadly, yes. This is what I have to deal with... and now we both have to deal with them together," Yixing shook his head in disapproval and slung his arm over my shoulders while slouching down.

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

Yixing shook his head, let go and went over to the guys where they were making a mess.

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

I placed one hand over my chest and felt my heart beat. It was beating so fast. Why am I like this? What is happening? Both my hands went to my cheeks and they were burning. How come I actually liked when he did that?

"Yejin! What are you doing? Come and eat," Yixing yelled for me.

"Oh? Oh..." startled, I went back to the dining table and began to eat again, this time I had my head down the whole time. The whole table was rowdy and noise filled the whole apartment. Me and Yixing never had this kind of atmosphere before when we eat. This is a nice change once in a while. And for the first time... I saw Yixing smile. Sure I saw him smile every now and then, but this smile was different. His other smiles were small, sincere and caring. This one though... it was genuine. It was big. It was full of emotions. It was the first time his dimples came out deeply. 

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

Why is my heart doing this again?! I was only thinking about this smile... AISH YEJIN STOP IT! I continued to look down and shake my head side to side.

"Yejin what are you doing?" a voice called out. I looked up and saw everyone who stopped what they were doing and stared at me. Feeling pressure from all the stares, I felt like they were judging me, which I mean, who wouldn't? With what I was doing now, I would probably judge myself right now. I flushed in embarrassment and coughed awkwardly.

"Sorry, I was just... uhm..." I was stuttering... Stuttering! There was no excuse that could pop out.

"What are you guys doing here anyway?" I asked, changing the subject. Luckily, then let me being weird pass and move on to the new subject.

"Why? We can't visit?" Kris raised a brow. I shook my head voilently.

"No! It was just... a surprise," I told them honestly, scratching the back of my head.

"Well now that you guys are here, do you want to watch a movie?" Yixing suggested. No one opposed but the only thing I could do was look at Yixing with big eyes. The rest of the boys went to set of the TV, while me and Yixing were left. Yixing was already cleaning up the table and I decided to help him. Picking up some plates, I walked over to Yixing, who was putting the left overs in a container to save for later. I helped Yixing pack away the food and Yixing went straight to putting the dishes away.

"I can do the dishes since you did them earlier," Yixing said. I didn't really have a choice since he was already doing them. I leaned against the island and watched him from behind. For some reason, it was a little entertaining, looking at him from behind.

"Do you always watch movies?" I asked him out of the blue.

"What do you mean?" he asked, talking behind him.

"Well, we just watched a few movies today and yesterday. Now you want to watch another one? Don't you eyes hurt from looking at the screen too long?"

"Not really... it's kind of a habit,"

"Staring at the TV is a habit? You should get out of that habit. It's not good for you," I told him, playing with my finger in my lap.

"You should be the one talking..." I barely heard Yixing say, but I caught it.

"What did you say?" I asked. I just wanted to make sure I was hearing correctly. It was possible I has some problem hearing, but just to make sure so I don't assume things too quickly... like I usually do.

"Huh? Nothing..." Yixing denied as he was finishing up the last of the dishes. Once he was done, we went to the living room together. I got a little excited that people were over and I skipped to sit on the couch. Yixing appeared seconds later, ready to sit down when Tao just had to stop him.

"Gege... where's the popcorn?" he asked innocently. Yixing only sighed and went back to the kitchen without a word. I looked at Tao and he only shook his head.

"We are watching a movie and he doesn't even bother making popcorn... tsk, tsk, tsk," the others agreed with him. I tilted my head a little. Was this a routine that they always did? Someone has to make popcorn if they watch a movie? While we waited for Yixing to return, I sat by Luhan and Kris and we just sat there in silence. There were a few glances between the guys, but there were no words spoken. I broke the ice, clearing my throat.

"Soo... You guys wanna talk about something?" I asked them.

"Something? Like what?" Luhan asked.

"Anything... It's really quiet," I confessed, not really thinking anything about it. Luhan smirked and made eye contact with the remaining guys in the living room.

"Anything?" Hesitantly, I nodded my head, not knowing where this was headed.

"Let's talk about you and Yixing."

 

 

A/N: I feel like a crappy author! I feel like I don't update you guys enough :( My apologizes... I really hope things start to speed off soon. Sorry if the beginning is slow but I promise things will get more dramatic :) Stay tuned!