005

Kidnapper = Lover

 

Chapter 5:
       Waiting

 

 

Yejin POV

As the pain in my head fully subsided, I was wondering to myself what that flashback was. I.... was in a bedroom that look all too familiar, a kitchen that looked all too familiar... but that man? Who was he? His face was blurred but his voice still remained in my head. It too was familiar, but I couldn't make out who it was. My stomach growled, distracting me from my thoughts. I then remembered the food that was in front of me. my lips, I started eating the food. It was amazing no doubt, and in no time, I finished the meal. 

After eating, I cleared the table and cleaned the dishes so Lay wouldn't have to do them when he gets home. I don't know why I'm doing this for him, but I guess it was because he let me stay here, so I had to repay him somehow. 

After cleaning... I didn't know what to do now. I didn't want to go back to my room because there was nothing to do there. Sighing, I walked to the living room which was right across from the kitchen. Luckily there was no door since it would be a pest to keep having to open and close a door. Walking straight to the couch, I the TV. What immediately popped up was netflix. Smiling happily to myself, I a random movie. As it was playing, I got bored just sitting there watching. I decided to go exploring for some popcorn. 

Going back into the kitchen, I searched around for a pantry. It wasn't that hard to find, but I was just hoping it was the right one. I opened it and luckily, it was where all the food was. I searched up and down the pantry and found the popcorn, hidden behind a box. Smiling to myself, I popped the popcorn into the microwave and waited for it to be done. Once it was done, I tried to find a bowl to put the popcorn in.

I pondered on which drawer or cabinent to open. Choosing one randomly, I opened up a cabinent and to my surprise, that was there all the bowls where. Well, lucky me? I got a bowl and dumped the popcorn into, going back to the couch to watch the movie.

After a few hours, the popcorn was completely gone and Lay still hasn't came back yet. I don't know why, but I keep glancing at the door to see if Lay would magically appear through the door. I couldn't even keep my attention on the movie because I keep looking at the door. It was now midnight and there was no sign of Lay. Why am I concerning myself over that man? I shouldnt...

Movie after movie, I just kept watching and looking at the door. But then, my thoughts went back to what happened before dinner. That flashback... 1) what reason did I have that flashback for? 2) who was that man and why was his face blurred to me? Just thinking about what happened and just pondering... I didn't know how much time passed. It was currently 2 in the morning and again, no signs of Lay. My eyes started to get heavy so I layed my head down on a pillow while continuing watching a random movie.

Lay POV

I threw my shoes off when I entered my apartment. I was surprised when I saw the lights on. Maybe Yejin didn't turn off the lights after she ate... did she eat already? Going straight to the kitchen, I saw nothing on the kitchen table. They were already washed and cleaned and put away. Tilting my head, I turned off the kitchen light. Walking back to my room, I went to take off my jacket when I saw a figure laying on the couch with the TV on. Curious, I walked to the living room and turned off the TV. I turned around and saw Yejin fast asleep on the couch.

Knealing down to Yejin's level, I stared at her face. I sighed and moved her hair out of her face. Setting my hand on her cheek, I carressed her cheek with my thumb. I picked her up in my arms and I carried her to her own room. Setting her down on her bed, I watched her sleep for a little bit before leaving to go back to my room.

Yejin POV

The sun shone in my face and I woke up groaning. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I was about to get up when I noticed something soft under me. I looked around my surroundings but I was confused as to why I was in my bedroom. I distinctly remember I was on the couch last time... how did I end up here.

"Could it be..." Lay? Brought me here? I shook my head and got off my bed, getting ready for the day.

I opened my door slightly and peeked my head through. There was no sign of him. Stepping out of my room completely, I thought that he wasn't here anymore but I was wrong. Right when I stepped out of my room, the room across from mine opened and it belonged to the one and only: Lay.

We made eye contact with each other. What really surprised me was when he showed... a smile. He smiled at me. Was I imagining this? Lay locked the door behind him and went straight to the kitchen. A little dumbfounded by this situation, I followed him.

I sat down at the island and watched him from behind. He was getting out pots and pans, different ingrediants from the pantry and put on an apron. I chuckled to myself when I saw the design. There was a small animal on the front and the apron was yellow. It was cute... something I didn't expect Lay to wear. I watched as he was preparing breakfast.

Watching him felt.... normal. Come to think of it, why was I watching him? Turning away to distract myself, I looked across the room, out the window. It was a gorgeous view... I could stare at it all day! Looking back to Lay who was cooking, I slipped out of my seat and walked to the back door.

I opened the door and stepped outside, right onto the patio. The warm breeze welcomed me and the soft light of the sun shone bright in my eyes. Unconsiously, I smiled.  It was great to be outside again. I found my way going to the railing and rested my hands there. To be honest, I was envious... envious of Lay. He gets to see this view every. single. day. With the house I'm living in now, that's impossible to see. I closed my eyes and breathed in the clean air, smiling. Why is it that I feel so free when I'm out here?

"Yejin?" I jumped when I heard my name being called. I turned my head around and saw Lay leaning against the door. He had his hands in his stuffed in his pockets and his brown eyes kept staring at me. He had no expression at all.

"Food's done." he simply said. He stood there for a second longer and then left to kitchen. I took a few steps forward and looked back to gaze at the view once more.

"I'll come back..." I muttered before closing the door behind me and going to the kitchen.

 

We sat at the island, Lay sitting across from me. He wasn't really sitting but standing as he ate. I could only sit there as there was an awkward silence surrounding us. I fiddled with my fingers and looked anywhere expect Lay. Lay cleared his throat and picked up his chopsticks.

"Go ahead and eat," his voice could be heard loud and clear. I nodded and also picked up my chopsticks. Lay was the first to stuff food in his mouth. After a few moments of me just sitting there, I too started to eat. As we were eating, silence still suffocated the air. Only the tapping of the chopsticks to the bowls could be heard. There were a few awkward coughs here and there, only making this situation worse. I never really ate anything beside rice that was in my bowl. I wasn't comfortable enough to eat like how I usually do.

I caught Lay looking at me and my immediate reaction was to look down and eat most rice. I took more rice on my chopsticks but then another substance landed on top of my rice. I looked at it and then at Lay. 

"You should eat more, not just rice. It's not healthy," he stated. It was most like a playful scolding but I couldn't be sure. I bowed my head and ate the meat that was on my rice. I chewed slowly and my eyes became slightly bigger. This was.... amazing. Gulping down the food, I reached over and took more pieces of meat into my bowl. I smiled to myself since it tasted to so good!

I placed my bowl down and set my chopsticks down on my bowl. my lips, I savored the flavor for just a bit more. I never expected Lay to cook like this. It was simply amazing. 

"Was it good?" Lay asked as he started to put the dished in the sink. When I saw that he was turning the facet on, I ran up to him and put my hand on top of his.

"I'll do this..." I insisted. We both looked down, my hand on top of his. Noticing my actions, my cheeks turned a shade of red and quickly, I removed my hand from his. I cleared my throat and pushed him aside.

"I'll do the dishes," I told him and started washing the dishes and putting them in the dish washer. I could feel Lay's eyes on me, making me a little uncomfortable.

"You don't have to ya know, I can do it," Lay tried to take a plate from my hands but I swiftly moved my hands away from him.

"No, I'll do them. It's my thank you for cooking a delicious meal." I said and went back to doing dishes.

"You thought my cooking was delicious?" he asked. I paused and realized what I had just said. Aish... did I really say that? Trying to act like it was nothing, I continued to the dishes.

"Yes, it was very good. So as thanks, I am doing the dishes," I replied nonchalantly.

"But what if I want to do the dishes?" Lay challenged. I turned to him and looked him straight in the eye.

"Look, I'm trying to be nice here and do the dishes. Why can't you just accept it and go do something else?" I asked, a little frustrated. He smirked.

"I just wanted to see you like this. It's... entertaining." His smirk then turned into a smile... a mesmorizing smile. Lay reached over to the sink and lifted up a spoon, bringing it under right where the water was running. The water sprayed everywhere and eventually got on me and my face. Lay held in his laughter by covering his mouth with his hand. I could only glare at him.

"YAH! You got water all over me!" I yelled, looking down at my now wet shirt. I pouted and tried drying my shirt by waving it around, getting the air to dry it. I could hear Lay just laughing out loud. Again, I just glared at him.

"Mianhae! It was an accident! I didn't know it would do that!" Lay said inbetween laughs, gasping for air. I continued to pout. I now had a few choices. I could either 1) go put on a new shirt and continue dishes 2) continue dishes and hope that the shirt will dry by the time I get done or 3) beat the hell out of Lay for getting me wet in the first place... I think I'll choose #3.

"Yah!" I yelled for the last time, but Lay couldn't hear me due to his laughter. I scrunched my noise up and filled my hands up with water, throwing it at him. Like what I expected, he stopped laughing. Now it was my turn to laugh! I started to laugh out loud now that Lay was wet. He cold only glare back at me. Getting revenge, he also cupped his hands together and gathered up water, throwing it back at me.

"Hey! What was that for?" I half screamed, half asked. Now my shirt was soaking wet, along with my hair.

"For slashing water on me!" Lay argued.

"Not fair! I got you back for slashing water on my first!"

"Well I got revenge on you for getting revenge on me!" And as our heated arguement moved on, our faces were getting closer together, our glares getting even more deadlier. There was a spark in his eyes and I knew he was planning something. When I thought really quick of what it could be, I stopped glaring at him and widened my eyes.

"Don't you even dare..."

"Try me," and with that, we both got bowls and cups full of water and started throwing it at each other. My screams could be hear, along with Lay's laughter, and they filled the whole apartment. When both of us went to the facet to get more water, I used the hose to spray water at his face. He seemed completely surprised and he covered his face in defense.

"Yah! No fair!" Lay screamed. I could barely hear him over my laughing. I stopped spraying the hose and used my hands to spray water at his face. This was less effective because now, Lay was running over to me, also using the facet to spray water at MY face. This went on for a while until both of us were completely soaked from head to toe.

We were breathing in and out kind of heavily because of the little fight we just had.

"You should go take a shower," Lay suggested. I shook my head and went back to the sink.

"I still need to do the dishes," I insisted. Lay came up to me, stopping my hands.

"Go take a shower, I can handle this," he said softly, surprising me. Then again, I shouldn't really be surprised by his actions since he surprised me so many times today.

"Are you sure?" I asked, just making sure he wouldn't change his mind. He only nodded his head and began to do the dishes.

"I'm positive. This is my house and I should do the dishes."

"But you already cooke-"

"I said I got it. Now go and take a shower before you get sick," Lay pestered.

"But it's warm out." I argued.

"Do you still want to argue?" Lay questioned.

"Arraso, arraso. I'm going" I said before I turned to leave to my room.

As I was getting my clothes, I noticed something... i didn't have a lot of extra clothes. Getting whatever was there, I went into the bathroom and took a shower.

Lay POV

After I finished doing the dished, I leaned against the counter and sighed. I missed days like this... where we were carefree and had fun. Why can't it be like the old times? I wondered over to the bathroom door and leaned my ear against. I was just curious if she actually listened to me and looks like she did. The water running could be clearly heard. After checking up on her, I wondered over to the balcony, letting the air hit my face, my hair flipping up against the wind. The breeze was nice and so was the weather.

Although the weather was nice, there was something that wasn't nice at all... and that was my heart. There was so much pain and agony building up inside. I don't know if I can take it anymore. But I'll endure it.... just for her.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the longer update and the long wait! I wanted to finish up to 10 chapters so I don't have to worry about updating every week because of school and stuff... well i hope you are starting to like the story :)