010

Kidnapper = Lover

 

Chapter 10:
             The Accident

 

 

Yejin POV

I froze in my spot. There was nothing to talk about. Right? Why would they want to talk about me and Yixing? I shuffled in my seat rather uncomfortablly.

"What do you want to know?"  I asked nervously. Luhan only smirked.

"You call him Yixing now right? That means you guys are pretty close," he stated. I flushed at his sudden accusation. I looked down, shaking my head.

"That's not true... so I call him by his real name. That doesn't mean anything," I denied. We aren't that close. I have to admit that we did get closer over the past week but that was it. Nothing really happened between us. But why did I start blushing? Is it because it's hot in the house? Yeah, that must be it.

"Whatever you say. But just to let you know, Yixing only lets people call him by his real name if they are close to him. Looks like you are close to him if he lets you call him Yixing," Luhan continued on. But I only ignored him as I went to open the door to the balcony. It was getting way too hot in here. When I went to sit back down on the couch, I started to fan myself.

"Yah, can we ask you a question?" Tao spoke up. I looked towards him and nodded slightly. He smirked to the rest of the guys and went back to facing me.

"Do you like Yixing Ge?" I coughed on my own spit at his question. Me? Like him? That's not possible! There is no feeling between him and I. Me. Him. Like? No. There is no way. My brain was telling my no, I dont like him. But my heart was telling me something else. I just don't know what it was. It was beating so fast and my body started reacting to my beating heart. I started to get really hot and my cheeks were warming up again. I tried taking deep breaths to slow down my heart, but I feel like its just going to get faster.

"I-I don't l-like him," I stuttered. Really?! Stuttering?! Aish, how embarrassing! There is really no need to stutter yet, why  did I do that? The guys in the room started snickering.

"Ok, just wondering," Tao then leaned back into his seat and started conversing with Minseok. That was it? They weren't going to pester me more? They really believed what I said? Thank god... wait. They should believe what I said cause its the truth! Why was I relieved when they didn't continue to question me?

"Here is your popcorn TAO!" Yixing came back with several bowls in his hands, handing one of the bowls to Tao. Tao smiled and gladly took the bowl. Yixing handed out popcorn to everyone and then sat down next to me, putting the last bowl of popcorn on his lap. I pouted.

"You didn't give me one?" I asked. Everyone else got popcorn except me? Tsk.. I want popcorn. Seeing that Yixing didn't even pay attention to me, I focused my attention on the TV where Kris was already playing the movie. Not long after I said my statement, I felt something touch the side of my leg. I looked down and saw the last bowl of popcorn inbetween me and Yixing.

"I got this for both of us," Yixing leaned down and whispered in my ear. My face heated up by the sudden closeness and I just thanked him quietly while eating the food shyly. Now I can't focus on the film anymore!! Throughout the movie, I kept taking glances at Yixing every now and then. For the 12th time that night, I glanced at him again. I felt a hot breath reach my ear, giving me the chills.

"You know, you're making this a little too obvious," Luhan whispered. Once again, my cheeks turned rosy and I punch him in the arm. He flinched back, holding the part where I hit him. I knew he was faking it, but I guess he just wanted to me humurous for once. As the film continued to roll on, I kept thinking to myself: Was it really that obvious? Then does that mean I do like him? Aish, Yejin what have you gotten yourself into...

The movie had just finished and the boys were just abuot to leave. Yixing said his good-byes and headed off to take a shower after this long day. While he went to take a shower, I headed to the door with them to send them off. All 5 of them turned to me and gave me cheeky smiles. I had a feeling I knew what they were going to say, but I didn't dare think about that possibility.

"What?" I asked them, trying to act oblivious to the situation.

"We saw you," Jongdae joked and started making fun of me. I turned away from them.

"I don't know what you are talking about,"

"Don't even deny it! I bet Yixing noticed you looking at him," Minseok tagged along on the train. I flushed in embarrassment! Did he really catch me looking at him!!? Wouldn't he have said something to me if he caught me? But he didn't really look at me while  I was looking at him so there was no way he could have caught me... right?

"Noo!! Did he really catch me in the act? Please tell me you are joking! Oh my goodness, this is embarrassing! What do I do now?!" I started to panic. I grabbed a handful of my hair and clutched it in my fists while pacing around in front of Yixing's friends. They all started to laugh at my act, but this was no funny matter! This is seriously business... well for me anyway.

"Yejin, calm down. He was just joking. Never take this kid seriously," Yifan reassured. But now I can't help but think about IF he was also looking at me!

"Well we're gonna go, have fun!" Luhan said loudly, all the boys exited the apartment, leaving me alone. I closed the door behind them and slowly went back to the living room. The bowls were still there, either still on the couch or on the floor. Picking them up and putting them in the sink, I went back to my room after still long day. As I was entering my room, the door to the bathroom opened and hot steam entered my face. The steam started to fade away and my eyes literally jumped out of its sockets.

Yixing was had just gotten out of the shower... with only a white towel wrapped around his waist. He hadn't completely dried off his body so there was water droplets dripping down his body, along with strands of hair sticking to his face. My eyes widened and I ran to my room, screaming. I slammed my door shut and leaned my back against the door.

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

My heart was racing at the sight. Ok, calm down. Breath in. Breath out. I only saw his upper part. It's like looking at him with his shirt off. It's not like I saw him ... oh boy, what if he was ?! No! Stop thinking about it, Yejin! My hands instantly went to my cheeks.  They were burning up. I couldn't possibly be blushing right? 

Standing straight up, I ran to my full body mirror to check out my face. There was no doubt that I was blushing. I couldn't deny it. The dark pink shade was too obvious not to notice. A knock was heard and I jumped in shock. The door was about to open and I knew what I had to do. I ran to the door, slamming it closed again, before Yixing could open it.

"Yejin, are you okay?" he asked, still trying to open the door, but I was still trying to close it. This became like a tug-of-war between us.

"Yah, open the door!" he said, using more force this time. Not letting him see my flushed face, I used even more force and shut the door completely. As soon as I heard that 'click' of the door, I immediately locked it and dived into my bed. Yixing could only bang on the door, demanding that I open the door but I wouldn't listen to him. I am not going to risk him seeing me BLUSHING!

"Yejin, can you at least tell me why you screamed? I need to know if you are ok!" he yelled through the door. I had hid my face under a bunch of blankets, and when I heard what he said, I peeked through a tiny hole through the blankets. But this only made me blush even harder.

"I'm fine!" I yelled through the thick blankets. I'm not even sure if Yixing could hear me because my voice was muffled.

"Are you sure?" So he did hear me.

"Yepp, I'm fine!" I reassured him.

"Then why did you scream?" he asked. Aish, why can't you save me from embarrassment  just leave already! I need to come up with an excuse quick... 

"I... thought I saw a spider!" I quickly made up. 

"Really?" he responded and that was the last thing I heard from him. I sighed in relief and flopped down on my bed. I don't want to experience that kind of situation ever again.

"Ah! Yejin I found it! It's already dead, you can come out now!" Yixing sounded proud of himself. Was there really a spider out there? Looks like luck is on my side today. I was about to go back outside when I remembered my rosy cheeks. Looking back into the mirror, I was making sure that it was okay for Yixing to see me like this. It was no good though. My red was still visible. There is no way he's going to see this. Now to make up another excuse. 

"Uhm, I'm actually going to sleep now. I'm really tired. But thanks for killing that spider! Good night!" I came closer to the door to tell him that. I then turned off my lights and climbed into my bed. I wasn't tired yet, but it was just a way to end the day.

"Yejin?" he called but I didn't answer him. I looked below my door to see his shadow leaving my door. Finally, he left. That was so stressful.

 


 

Like any other morning, I woke up to... nothing? I didn't smell delicious food being cooked. It was quiet in the house... too quiet. I got up and the first thing I did was stretch and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After doing that, I left my comfortable room and automatically went to the kitchen. Passing the living room, Yixing was already sitting at the island, a bowl of cereal in front of him. I sat down beside him and watched him eat.

"What?" he looked up while chewing.

"No huge breakfast today?" I asked, joking around. I waited for Yixing to swallow his food to answer.

"We can't eat like that everyday. Change it up a bit," he simply answered. I nodded and went to get a bowl for myself.

"Do you have anything else besides that kind of cereal?" I asked while looking around the pantry for different types of cereals.

"There's another one in there... somewhere," he was unsure of that last part. I blew a raspberry. Well like that helps me. I did see a red box though. It didn't look like something I've seen before so I decided to give it a try. I poured the colorful, circle cereal into my bowl and milk right after that. I sat back down next to Yixing and stared at what was in my bowl. It smelled good; just like fruit kind of.

"You're going to eat that?" he asked rather shocked. I blinked in surprise.

"Mhmm, I am, why?" I asked. Giving me another quick look, he only looked away, shrugging his shoulders.

"No reason," Shrugging off his weird behavior, I took a spoonful of cereal into my mouth.

 

"Oppa, did you buy my favorite cereal?" I asked, looking through the multiple grocergy bags that were there. I didn't even bother putting all the other items away. I just needed to find my cereal! Without this cereal, I don't know what else I would eat in the mornings.

"It should be in there Yejin!" he yelled, getting even more groceries into the kitchen. 

"I don't see it..." I pouted. Looking through every bag again, my eyes lit up as I saw that familiar red box. I immediately took it out of the bag and grabbed a bowl. Pouring the milk and cereal into the bowl, I started to eat right there.

"Really Yejin?" he came in, carrying several bags in each arm. I smiled sheepishly at him and slowly turned around in my spinning chair.

"At least help put stuff away while you're eating," he advised while putting the groceries away.

"Mianhae..." I apologized and also started putting different items away. 

"You know, you probably could have finished half of this by now if you weren't looking for your cereal," he joked, putting the vegetables in the fridge.

"I doubt it! But you know how much I love Foot Loops!" I argued. He couldn't help but smile, not saying a word back. As he was finishing up the last of the groceries, I sat back in my chair and let the fruity taste explode in my mouth. Oh, how I love the taste of Foot Loops. I will never forget this taste. Ever.

 

I held onto my head. This time, my head didn't hurt as much as it used to in the beginning. It's slowly getting softer but it always hurts. The taste of the cereal felt foreign but so familiar at the same time.

"Are you okay?" Yixing asked with concern. But I didn't answer him. I waited till my headache started to fade away.

"Does it taste that good that you're speechless?" he joked and chuckled a bit, but I still didn't answer him. I could see Yixing frown through the corner of my eye.

"Hey, are you really okay?" concern and worry filled his voice. He tried to comfort me by putting a hand on my shoulder, but once he did that action, my headache went away. Just like that.

"I'm fine.. just a sudden headache," I told him, continuing to eat my cereal like nothing happened.

"Headache? Do you need medicine?" he asked, getting up suddenly to get medicine.

"No, I'm fine! No need for medicine. It's gone now, so it's all good," I reassured him, stoppipng Yixing by holding onto his arm. He looked at me for a second more before nodding his head once and sitting back down. It was a quiet breakfast, some words were exchanged here and there but it was a comfortable quiet breakfast. After breakfast, Yixing would do the dishes. And for lunch, I would do dishes. Dinner.. well, we would still argue on who's going to do dishes then.

Everyday was like a routine. Same thing happened almost every single day. I would wake up, smell breakfast cooking. Get ready and then eat breakfast. Yixing would do dishes while I set up a movie to watch. I know now how to work everything on the TV.

After movies we would go out on the balcony and talk, watch the cars pass by and sometimes play a game while we are at it. Then time would quickly pass by and its lunch. I do dishes after lunch and then we play games or we just go to our own rooms. Then dinner comes along and that's when the fight comes along.

Oh, no. It's not an acual fight. Playful fighting to see who does dishes! Then after dinner, another movie would be played. Since Yixing has so many movies, might as well make use of our time and watch them while we can... while I can. I'm sure Yixing has watched every single CD in there.

So our everyday routine never gets old. I'm so used to it already that I don't want to change it up. There are times when it is different from time to time, which does make it interesting so it doesn't get boring. Yixing's friends also come over once in a while.  This routine has been going on for a while... maybe a few weeks? A month? I can't keep track since I don't have a calender. I would look on my phone for the date but seeing that I don't have my phone anymore, that was impossible at the moment.

I woke up this morning, finding breakfast already on the table. I expected to see Yixing at the table, waiting there for me, but he wasn't there. I scratched my head and saw that he only prepared breakfast for one person. Did he already eat?

"Yixing?" I called him. There was no answer and so I started to get curious. I walked around the apartment, calling out for Yixing.

"Yixing?!" I called him again, this time louder, my voice filling the whole apartment. He wasn't here. No answer could be heard.

"Where did he go?" I questioned myself, going back to the dining table. I sat down and started eating by myself. As I was eating, the door to the apartment opened. Startled, I started at the person coming in. It just happened to be Yixing. He had a small bad in his hands when he entered.

"Yah, where were you?" I asked as I was still eating. He didn't answer me until he had reached the table.

"I had something to do," he replied, setting the bag next to me. Again... such a vague answer. I eyed the bad and wondered what was inside. It was probably something Yixing needs. I didn't pay any mind to the bad and finished my meal.

"Did you eat yet? Or did you eat before you left?" I asked, washing my dishes.

"I are already..." he said and went to stand by me. He was watvhing me do the dishes. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye and stopped what I was doing.

"Why are you looking at me? Go away," I told him. returning to my dishes but he didn't seem to move. It looked like he didn't want to move.

"Ah, wae?!" I finally asked as he was still staring at me, not even saying a word. Only had that expressionless face on. He then lifted the bag that he had brought in. Was he carrying that the whole time? I only eyed him wierdly before he had to roll his eyes and placed the bag in my hands.

"For you," he said and walked away. I followed his figure as he left the kitchen. I then looked down at the bag and smiled without me knowing. He bought me something? Thank god I was done with the dishes. I went to the side and opened the bag. I gaped when I saw the small box in the bag. Did he really get me this? I put the box inside the bag and went to find Yixing. He wasn't in the living room and he wasn't on the balcony. He must be in his room. 

I knocked on his door and waited for him to open up. After a few seconds passed, he had finally opened the door. He only had his head out though. I lifted the bag in front of his face.

"What?" he asked, looking completely confused

"Take it back," I simply told him. I expected him to take the bag away but he just stood there, head sticking out of the door.

"It's yours,"

"I don't want it,"

"You need it,"

"I don't need it,"

"I bought it for you,"

"I never told you to buy this for me,"

"Well I need you to have it, whether you like it or not," I pouted. Why does he always have to do this! Keep on arguing with me. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that he got this for me. But this was just too much to take. I already have one well... HAD one. There really was no need to buy me this.

"Why,"

"Why, what?" he asked back.

"Why did you buy me a phone?" Yixing paused.

"I need to keep in contact with you in case I'm out," he explained.

"What if I just run away?" I questioned him.

"You won't. Plus I have a built in GPS in there, so I know where you are at all times. Once you leave this apartment, then I will get a signal of where you are," he smirked. This only made me annoyed. He really needs to do this? Not spending another breath on him, I walked across the hall and closed the door to my room. He is really set on making me not leave this place. God, so annoying. Looks like I can't do anything about it though. But then again, I'm glad he bought this. It was getting boring around this place anyway. I opened the phone box and checked out my new phone. It was a smartphone. Ouch, that's pretty expensive. He was willing to pay all that money just for me? Where is he getting all this money from anyway?

I opened the phone and started playing around with it. I immediately went to my contacts and found that Yixing had already put his number in there, along with all his friend's numbers. That was all. I can't put anyone else's number in there because they were all in my old phone and plus I can't memorize phone numbers anyway.

The doorbell rang and my immedate reaction was to get it. I opened my door and coincidentally, Yixing had opened his at the same exact time. We made eye contact but looked away as soon as that happened. I didn't want to deal with him right now. Somehow, what he had said got on my nerves. Yixing left first to get the door and I just followed him to sit on the couch in the living room. No surprise, it was his friends at the door. They filled the living room with their loud voices and crazy laughs. This just made my mood lighten. It was good to have some friends again, to see more people instead of being isolated in here.

"Yejin! I heard you got a phone!" Tao announced excitedly. All their attention was on me now.

"Oh... yeah I did," I told them shyly. They all grabbed their phones and were all speaking at once. I heard words such as 'number', 'now', 'my', 'message me!'. It was a lot to consume and I didn't know who I should listen to first.

"Guys, one at a time! You're scaring her," Yixing butted in and put a arm around my shoulder, separating me from the rest of the guys. Like my body gaurd.

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

Oh no... there it is again. Please make it go away! I haven't felt like this is a long time, it's so foreign now. I kind of moved away from Yixing so I wasn't physically touching but was still pretty close to him. 

After spending some time with his friends... which I guess were now my friends, Yixing went to his room to do something. I was left alone with my 5 new friends in the living room. There was silence for a while. I bit my lower lip debating on whether or not I should ask them a favor.

"Do you have something to say?" Jongdae spoke up. I looked shocked and looked in his direction.

"Excuse me?"

"You're biting your lip. It looks like you have something to say," he pointed out. Dang... he found out? Might as well not keep it a secret anymore.

"You're a good observer. But I just wanted to ask something..." I said that last part shyly, my voice getting quieter by each word.

"What is it?" Luhan leaned forward, excited that I wanted to ask a question.

"Well you know that Yixing has done a lot for me, I just wanted to show my gratitude... but I don't know how to do that. Do you guys have an suggestions?" I asked, fiddling with my fingers. This was embarrassing for some reason.

"Yixing likes cakes right?" they started to brainstorm and apparently they all agreed on me making a cake for him. It was a good idea since I could bake. But when should I do it? I wanted it to be a surprise...

"I know you guys might not trust me, but do you think you guys could get Yixing out of the house while I make the cake?" I suggested. I wouldn't be surprised if they denied my offer. 

"Of course!! You have a phone now. It's all good, we can do this," Yifan said, looking proud. I smiled and wrapped my arm around his neck.

"Thank you so much!" I thanked him and each and every one of them.

"But I need the ingrediants to make the cake... I'm sorry, but do you guys think you can go buy them for me. You know, since I can't leave the house,"

"Sure, just give us the list and we'll go get them for you tomorrow,"

"Tomorrow? You guys are coming again tomorrow?" I asked.

"Duh? We'll come over basically everyday, so expect us!" Tao winked which made me cringe on the inside. Well that was weird. Since they told me to write down a list, I ran to my room really quick to find a notebook that was on my desk. Going back to the living room where the boys were, I wrote down what I needed to make the cake. I had just finished writing and gave it to them when Yixing came back to sight.

"What did I miss?" he asked, sitting back down.

"Nothing... we'll we're going to leave, see you soon," Minseok announced, which was mostly directed to me.

 

The following day, they had brought my ingrediants and I couldn't express how happy I was. Later that day, they dragged Yixing out of the apartment to go do... something. They wouldn't tell me what.

"I'll call you ever now and then, so you better pick up or else I'm coming home immediately," Yixing warned. I nodded my head in understanding.

"I know I know. I'll have my phone on my always. But what if I'm taking a shower?" I questioned.

"Then you better call me after you take a shower, unless I'm still coming back,"

"Fine..."

"And you better not leave. If you do, I swear..."

"I got it! I'm not leaving."

"I'm serious Yejin," Yixing stared me in the eyes, the most serious expression that I had ever seen. I gulped and nodded. After some time of persuading Yixing to leave, they finally left and it was time to make the cake.

I got out all the ingrediants on the table along with the instuments I needed to make the cake with, such as the bowl, rubber spacula, icing spatula and the spinner stand to decorate the cake. I smiled and got to work. 

I had just made the batter for the cake and put it on the oven so it can cook. Now I just had to make the icing, which is going to be hard since I'm making it from scratch. I put ice water in a large bowl and mixed the icing in a smaller bowl, mixing the bowl with icing in the large bowl. The icing was really watery and it was taking forever for the icing to become thick and fluffy. My arm was hurting and aching since it was taking forever! 

I paniced when I heard a click of the apartment door could be heard. I wanted to hide and hide all my stuff, but there was just too much to handle with such little time. Aish, I thought they were going to stall Yixing for me?! What are they doing? Yixing came into the kitchen and stopped. He caught sight of me making the icing and smirked. I smiled shyly and waved to him slowly.

"Hi..." I said awkwardly. Great... this was supposed to be a surprise but I guess it wont be anymore.

"What are you doing?" he asked, with an amused smirk. He walked over to the island where I was making the icing. I pouted and stopped stirring the still liquidly icing.

"I'm trying to make a cake, but the icing is hard to make," I told him, still pouting.

"Why are you making a cake?" he asked, sitting in a chair, leaning forward and resting his body weight on his elbows. Should I tell him? There's not point in lying right?

"I... wanted to bake you something since you did so much for me and I felt bad," I confessed. A soft smile replaced that smirk on his face. Without a word, Yixing lightly pushed me out of the way and started mixing the icing instead.

"Yah, what are doing?" I asked, trying to take the spatula out of his hands but he kept on insisting that he do it. So it was both of us making the cake when it was supossed to be only me. Well, I guess it worked out for the better. 

The cake finished baking and the icing was done. Now all we had to do was decorate the cake. I but the cake on the spinner stand and took a bunch of icing and put it on. As I was spreading the icing all over the cake, I felt something land of my cheek. I turned towards Yixing and he was chuckling to himself. I raised a brow in confusion. Then I felt my cheek and he had put icing on me. I smirked. Two can play at this game. As Yixing was laughing by himself, I had convered my finger in icing and wiped in on his nose. Yixing stopped laughing immediately. This time it was my turn to laugh.

"Yah!" he yelled and pouted.  He then took the icing off his cheek with his finger and tasted it.

"Hmm, delicious!" he smiled, showing his dimples.

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

I turned away from him. Why is this happening again? And it's getting louder and faster. I just need to calm down. When I turned back aroud again, more icing was smeared against my face.

"Gotcha ya," Yixing bragged and stuck his tongue out. Okay, this is war! We both grabbed some icing and tried getting it on each other: on our faces, shoulders, even hair! Even though getting the white fluffy stuff in the hair was going a little too far.

"We should stop! We need this for the cake!" I scolded him, while laughing.

"Ok, ok!" he gave up and he started getting to work. He was spreading the icing on the cake and he looked really focused on what the was doing. He almost looked mesmerizing. No. He was mesmerizing. The way his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. The way his lips jutted out a bit. The way his intense eyes looked. The way he was moving the plastic bag around the cake to make beautiful designs. The way that he is... he captivated me by just being him.

My eyes traveled from his eyes and other features to his lips. Those lips that pouted in concentration. Those lips that were always a redish color. Those lips that he always bit. Those lips that I never saw up close. I needed to get a closer look at his lips. Without me noticing, I started to lean forward bit by bit until my lips were met with the corner of his.

 

 

A/N: Shoot me! So a super long chapter to make up for my y updates!!