004

Kidnapper = Lover

 

Chapter 4:
               Ground Rules

 

 

~~~~~ POV

"Umm, excuse me?" I asked shocked. Ground rules? You got to be kidding me...

"Yes ground rules... do you have a problem with that?" Lay asked, lifting a brow up in curiousity.

"In fact, I do!" I straightened my back, a stern expression plastered on my face.

"Well you shouldn't. Should I remind you that this is my house, which means my rules." Lay argued back, which made a lot of sense.

"Yeah, but-"

"Rule #1: Do not look through things that are not yours. That includes looking through drawers and basically everywhere" Lay set the first rule, cutting me off.

"What if I have to look for something?" I asked.

"What do you need to look for? You should keep personal items in your room, it shouldn't be out here, got that? Any more questions?" I shook my head and let him continue.

"Rule #2: Don't EVER go in my room, under any circumstances. There should be no reason for you to enter my room. You can go anywhere in his house, but my room... that's a no-no. Any questions?"

"In fact, I do,"

"What is it?" 

"Why am I not allowed to go in your room? Are you hiding-"

"Rule #3: You can NEVER leave this house. The only place you will be able to go outside is the patio," Lay cut me off again, obviously trying to avoid my question. Lay had his arms crossed and he looked at me, as if to ask if I had any other questions. I shook my head no. There was no way he was going to answer me, so I wasn't going to try. But I was pissed that I had these rules to follow, its not like I could do something horrible to his place.

"Good, other than that, you are free to go anywhere you please in this house," Lay said. I rolled my eyes and got up to leave to my room.

"This is stupid," I mumbled as I passed him. I walked into my room, slamming my door in the process. Sitting on my bed, I crossed my arms and pouted. This wasn't fair at all. I didn't like this one bit. I positioned myself on my bed, laying flat on my back and groaned into my pillow.

For hours maybe, I just layed in that position staring up at the ceiling. I sighed and looked to my left. There was a desk beside my bed and a clock was ontop. The clock read 6:20.

I've been in here for a while... Getting up from my bed with unexpected energy, I walked around my new room. Somehow, this room was a lot cozier than my other room back home. Why was that? Now that I think about it, my other room was more foreign to me.

As I walked around, taking in the sight before me, there was a knock at my door. I froze and only looked at it.

"Yejin! Dinner's ready!" Lay's voice could be heard from the other side. I only stood in my spot and didn't come close to the door. Lay knocked on the door again.

"Yah, Yejin! Did you hear me?! Dinner's ready! Come out!" Lay began to knock harder but I ignored him. I was hungry, but I was still mad about what happened earlier. Truly, I shouldn't be that mad when they are only rules, but he is basically taking all my freedom away from me. I scowled at the door and proceeded to look around my room. Soon the banging of my door stopped and it was completely silent. I looked at the door and wondered if he was still there or he had given up. I didn't want to check so I sat down on my bed, playing with the hem of my shirt.

Honestly, I was hungry and my belly could be heard from time to time. But my ego got the best of me, and I stayed in my room. After 30 minutes, I heard banging on my door again which gave me a fright.

"Yejin! Are you still not coming out?!" Lay asked, but I didn't respond. I didn't want to talk to him. I heard sighing and footsteps leaving. He must have left.

It was almost 10:00 and I couldn't take it anymore! I slowly and quietly opened my door. Before I fully stepped out of my room, I peeked my head out and looked to see if anyone was there... there wasn't. There was no sign of Lay. Finally stepping out of my safe room, I entered into the kitchen and I was surprised on what was there.

There, on the glass island, was a full meal prepared. I walked towards it and all the food was neatly wrapped in saran wrap. There with the food was a note. I picked it up and unfolded it, reading the contents.

Yejin,

I covered the food for you so when you do come out of your room, it will be warm and enjoyable. I left to go do something so I'll be home late

Enjoy your meal

-Lay

I blinked. He wrote me a note? A sudden pain surged through my head. I dropped the note and clunched my head in pain.

 

I stayed in my room, mad at him for late to our date. I heard the knocking of the door and the door creaking open. I faced away, not wanting to see him at the moment.

"Yejin-ah," he called out. I puffed out my cheeks and continued to look away, not talking to him.

"Mianhae Yejin-ah, I didn't mean to be late! I ran over there as fast as I could... are you still mad at me?" he asked, bringing out his puppy dog eyes. I tried to resist not looking at him, but it didn't work. I eventually did look at him, and he had a guilty look on his face. I knew it wasn't his fault that he was late, but at least he should have told me that he was going to be late! I pouted once again and looked away.

"I'll make it up to you! I'll make you your favorite dinner, mhmm?" My favorite dinner? I was going to give in, but I didn't want to be too easy. I kept looking away and I could hear him sigh.

"Arraso..." I heard the door close and I finally looked at his direction. He had left me in my room. I wonder if he is going to make me my favorite dinner like he promised... probably not. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I smelled something wonderful! Because my stomach was growling, I got up and went to the kitchen immediately. There was my favorite meal, prepared neatly on the table. I smiled and looked around to see he was there... but he was no where in sight. Pouting, I sat down, getting ready to eat when I saw a note there. I picked it up curiously and read it.

To my lovely Yejin,

I'm really sorry Yejin-ah. I really didn't mean to be late, but I hope this dinner will make up for me being late. If you hadn't noticed, I'm not here right now. I thought you needed some time alone, so I'm out with the boys. I don't know when you'll stop being mad at me, so I'll be out for a while. Don't wait up and go to sleep, ok? I love you.

Love~

Suddenly, the pain went away, leaving me breathless. I breathed heavily while slowly releasing my hands from my head. 

"What was that?"

 

 

A/N: Finally! A new update! I hope this was good and please leave feedback~
And again, if you didn't read the foreward and the last 3 chapters, I advice you do since I re-wrote them to make them better :)