014

Kidnapper = Lover
Chapter 14:
       Secret

***DOUBLE UPDATE

 

Yejin's POV

Stupid Yixing. I didn't do anything to make him mad! I just opened the door, my goodness. He should just be thankful that I got his package for him. Throughout the whole car ride, I was just in a bad mood, leaning against Luhan this time. Gosh, he just makes me so mad sometimes.

"Oppa, how much further?" I asked no one in particular.

"Mhmm," Luhan hummed, I could feel the vibration from under me. "In about 10 minutes. We don't live that far away from Lay." Luhan said. I scowled. I did not want to speak of him right now. But that does remind me...

"Why do you guys live separately? Why does Yixing have an apartment all to himself?" I asked, not really thinking about the question. It just came out. There was silence and no one seemed willingly to answer my question.

"Yah, answer me!" I whined, a frown obvious on my face.

"I guess he just wanted to be independent. He had a lot of money growing up so I'm guessing he wanted to put that money to use." Luhan answered me again.

"He must have alot of money if he bought a house like that... I bet he got that money from his parents..." Luhan chuckled a bit.

"No. None from his parents. He earned that money by himself. He worked several jobs at a time. I remember when he used to work 5 jobs at once," Luhan, again, chuckled at the thought. "He crazily worked his off just so he can have money for him and his girlfriend in the future. He was so stupid though. Even if he was working 5 jobs, even if he was tired, even if he couldn't physically move by himself, he would always make time for his girlfriend." I examined Luhan's facial expressions. He looked like he was in a daze, thinking about the old times. He looked like... he was in love.

"Luhan?" I called out his name and he hummed in response.

"Were you jealous of Lay?" I asked. It might have sounded like I was making fun of hium, but it was a serious question. Luhan laughed bitterly and looked down.

"You could say that," he confessed.

"Why?" Luhan could only shrug his shoulders. He knew, but he just didn't want to tell.

"Were you in love with his girlfriend?" I couldn't help but ask. Luhan didn't respond for a while. Pouting, I knew he wasn't going to answer me. He has a right to, it's none of my business anyway. Why was I so curious anyway?

"Don't tell Lay, but I was. I still am." Luhan confessed. I finally looked up at Luhan, shocked and he tried looking away, shrugging it off like it was nothing but the obvious pink shade on his cheek tells something else.

"You still are? Then why don't you get with her? Besides, isn't she Lay's ex anyway? Now is your chance," I tried encouraging him.

"It's... complicated right now."

"Ayy," I said and laid back down on his shoulder. "How come Yixing never told me this? I'm pretty sure he said he never had a relationship before, was he lying to me?" I pouted.

"Not exactly."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Whatever you want it to mean," I scoffed. Boys and their confusing answers. They never get to the point.

"We are here," Kris announced, pulling up into the driveway. Unlike Yixing's apartment, the guys lived in an actual house. It was a small house with plants surrounding a pebble step way. There were stairs leading to the front door and a few trees and plants decorated the place to looks neater and prettier. One by one, all 6 of us got out and went into the house. Once inside the house, the first thing that could be seen was the kitchen. Left of the kitchen was the living room and there were stairs leading to the bedrooms. While some of the boys went their own way, I took this opportunity to look more around the house. The house seemed clean mostly, a few thing laying here and there but over all, a decent looking house for 5 men. You would expect things to be a little dirtier. While looking around, I went down a hallway and  found the bathroom. It was easy to find since there was a sign up on the door that said 'bathroom'. It was cute actually.

"Hey Yejin, we prepared a bedroom for you." Jongdae found me and led me to my room. As we went up the stairs and passed the bedrooms, I noticed that each person had their own room. In front of their door was also a sign to distinguish who dorms in what room. Chen and I reached the end of the hallway and the last door was mine. On my door, there was a sign but it was blank. I pouted.

"Why isn't there anything on my door?" I asked Chen.

"We were about to do something to your door, but you should just design it how you want it." I nodded my head and he left me alone to settle in. I opened the door to my room and it was nothing like my other one back in Yixing's apartment. It was a medium sized room with a queen sized bed to the left and a night stand next to it. A plain room, but it looked cozy. Since there wasn't a lot of decorations, it was easier to make this room my own. The color on the wall was the perfect color; a yellow-tanish color. 

There was a calendar alreayd hanging and a pen hung beside it. Above the bed were 3 white platforms glued to the wall and laying on it were stacked books, a flower plant, dried erase markers in a cup, aling with regular markers and... empty frames. Again with the empty photo frames. Noticing the markers, I smiled to myself. Taking the markers from the cup and taking my empty sign, I started to decorate the sign to hang on my door.

I put my name in the middle, using different colors and fonts. Around my name, I drew random things, sayings, anything that would make my sign cute. Satisfied with my creation, I hung it on my door and examined it proudly. 

"Looking good!" I turned around to see Tao leaning against the wall.

"Thanks. I'm so good," I praised myself. Tao scoffed.

"Whatever. What is this area here?" he pointed to a bunch of white space on the outside of my creation. "You should have filled it up."

"It's called a boarder, Tao. It looks neat." I defended my artwork. Tao shook his head and went into my room, taking a marker in hand. "What are you doing?" I questioned him.

"I'm going to sign my name," Tao answered and right when he was about to touch my sign, I yanked his hands away.

"Tao don't! It's my sign! I worked so hard on it. I don't need you to ruin it!" I pouted, holding his arm.

"Trust me, it'll look better," and he tried writing on it again.

"Seriously Tao! You're just saying that. Don't trick me,"

"I'm not, I swear. Let everyone else sign it. It'll look cool!" I pouted. I couldn't even stop him from doing what he wants so I let him be. He eventually took my sign and ran downstairs. By the etime I followed him and got to where he was, all the guys were already surrounding my sign. I tried looking over their shoulder, but everyone was just too damn tall! I can't even look over their body...

"Are you guys done yet?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Give us a second," Luhan responded, shooing me away from them. I tapped my fingers on my arm, just waiting for them.

"Are you guys done yet??" I asked again, with no patience in my voice.

"Why are you so impatient?" Xiumin asked, clearly focused on writing.

"Just because..." of what happened  earlier... still caused me to be in a bad mood.

"Done! Jajjang!" Chen shouted and shoved the sign in my face. The only thing my eyes focused on was the colorful letterings around my name.

Tao: Don't be upset Yejin! We will always be here for you even when you think we're not! Fighting~!

Kris: Don't frown or cry too much. Wouldn't want wrinkles on that beautiful face *wink* Have strength, we are always here

Chen: I was thinking about chenning you but.. not now! Even when you are down, I will use my chenning skills to put that frown upside down

Xiumin: Hwaiting! Boys can be suc a pain in the a... ! Don't worry, we can eat our problems away. Let me knows cause we have tons of ice cream in the fridge

Luhan: Everything that we do and say is for you, to protect you, don't forget that. Don't ever forget that! I'm always here, just know that... 사랑해 ^^

I gave a soft smile, but the frowned.

"Why is there more space here?" I pointed to a blob fo white area. The boys just looked at each other.

"For someone else to write on." Luhan said cautiously, making sure not to say his name. I nodded but smiled once again. It was nice to know that they are looking out for me even if they don't have to. I put the sign on my door and it was 90% complete.

"Should we go do something?" Tao suggest. "Because I need to go shopping."

"AH!" I clapped my hands together loudly, making everyone jump and look at me. Shopping! Clothes! Don't have any...

"Let's go shopping!" I agreed with Tao excitedly. Again, the boys looked at each other. I frowned, knowing what they are thinking.

"Please! Just this once! Yixing isn't here to object and I don't have any spare clothes." I folded my hands together and pouted at them with pleading eyes.

"... I don't know, I don't think it's a good idea.." Luhan started.

"Luhan~" I pouted extra hard for him. His eyes were wavering all over the place, trying to decide what to do.

"Hyung!" Luhan grabbed Xiumin's arm. "Say something."

"I think it'll be fun." Xiumin said, gaining everyone's attention. I smiled widely and hugged Xiumin by his neck.

"This is why you are my favorite oppa," I said and laughed afterwards.

"Xiumin..." Kris gave Xiumin a warning look, but he only rolled his eyes.

"I know what I'm doing, Kris.  Besides, I think Yejin would like to buy something for Lay's birthday." Xiumin winked at me. Yixing's birthday! I almost forgot!

"Yes! We have to go shopping now! This is probably the only time I'll be able to go out and get him something." And that probably convinced everyone. In no time, we were already on our way to the mall.

 


 

"I don't know what to get him!" I yelled in frustration and grabbed a fist ful of hair. It honestly can't be that hard to get him something, but it really is.

"Just get him anything. I'm sure he'll appreciate anything you give him anyway." Luhan just suggested.

"I want it to be special though. It can't just be anything," I said determined.

"Then what are you thinking?"

"I don't know! My mind is completely blank now," I confessed. We've been walking through the different stores for hours now and nothing just pops out. This is not good.

"What did you guys give him?" I asked, looking through their bags.

"I got him underwear." Xiumin lifted his present up in the air. I looked at him in disgust.

"Why? That's weird..." I told him.

"No! He needs underwear! All of his have holes in them and he needs new ones, whether he likes it or not."

"I got him socks." Kris announced.

"Socks?" Why are they so unoriginal?

"His socks all have holes in them too.." Aiya Lay...

"I got him some colonge," Luhan lifted his bag up. "Now he can smell good and manly all the time. Man, I should have bought some for myself."

"I got him fake glasses," Chen took the glasses out of his bag and put them on, showing off some moves and poses.

"Mine is the best our of all of theirs!" Tao said wtih confidence. This made everyone scoff. Not really anticipating what he has, Tao opened his bad and pilled out the contents.

"Really Tao? You got him clothes?" Chen snickered.

"Aren't they pretty? I should have gotten a pair for myself..." Tao pouted. "Isn't mine the best? I'm the only one who got him clothes. What kind of friends are you guys? All of that is so cheap and easy to buy. You should at least be creative like me and spend some extra money on him."

"Whatever! I got him underwear!"

"And I got him socks!" Xiumin and Kris aruged.

"Yeah, but no one can see those. And I got him a set! Whose is better now?"

"Not yours! Lay already has a bunch of clothes, he doesn't need anymore." Luhan jumped in. In no time, an arguement broke out. I rolled my eyes and turned my back towards them, walking away slowly. I do not know them... While they are too busy arguing, I went on ahead and looked around some more. Aish... why isn't anything popping out to me? Why is this so difficult?

"Where do you think you are going?" Luhan jumped on me, wrapping an arm over my shoulder. I covered my heart with both hands.

"My god, Luhan! You scared me!" I exclaimed, and hit him in the chest.

"That was the point," he chuckled. "You know, you're probably not going to find anything at this rate. Go inside and see if they have anything. You're basically window shopping now."

"That's so much worse! And what if I don't find anything in there? It's just a waste of time," I reasoned.

"It's a waste of time doing this! You never know, you could find something. But we'll never know unless we find out!" And he took my shoulders and pushed me in a random store.

"What about the others?" I asked, looking behind me.

"Forget them! Let's have some fun!"

 


 

"I  thought we were buying stuff for Yixing?" I asked, crossing my arms across my chest while looking at Luhan who was trying on clothes.

"Well we couldn't find anything. And besides, we are already here, might as well buy some things for ourselves." Luhan responded, while looking at himself in the mirror switching between 2 different shirts. Both pretty stylish.

"But I haven't found anything yet! We should do this after you help me buy something," I pouted.

"Fine." Luhan put the 2 shirts back and went through the rack of clothing. Grabbing a shirt at random and a pair of jeans, he set them in my hands. I looked down then back up at him with questioning eyes.

"Done! Birthday present complete!" Luhan fake cheered. I could only glare at him.

"Not funny. I'm serious," Luhan hieved a sigh and put the clothes back.

"Yejin, I know you care for Yixing a lot but... this is your time to be outside. Yet you are wasting precious time trying to find stuff for him. Don't you want to gave fun for a change? You're outside, in the open, where there's people and food and stores and fun... you need to let loose only for once when you have the chance." Luhan lectured me. He was right. I should spend this time to have fun! This will be my only chance to be free. I need to enjoy it while I can. But maybe I should think about Yixing first then myself. I would be such a bad girlfriend if I didn't get him anything for his birthday...

"You know what? Don't even think about it. You are going to have fun today, and I will not take 'no' for an answer." Luhan then grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the store.

"Wait, Luhan..."

"What did I say? 'No' is not an option." With Luhan this determined, there is no way I'll be able to break free.

"Yah, where are we going?"

"We are going to eat."

Not far from the store, there was a cafe. Luhan wanted to eat a small snack since we were going to eat dinner later. When we entered the cafe, Luhan was still holding onto my wrist, making it look like he was holding my hand. A waitress seated us at a table and took our order.

"Let's just share something since we'll eat dinner later anyway," I suggested, looking at the menu.

"Okay. We'll just have 4 cinnimon balls," Luhan ordered. The waitress jotted down the order and took the menus out of our hands.

"You ordered 4 cinnimon balls?" I raised a brow towards him.

"Hey, I would have ordered more since they are pretty small." He defended himself. Not long after placing the order, our food was already present at the table.

"That was fast," my eyes widened.

"We didn't order much." Luhan chuckled at my reaction. "Try them." and he handed my a cinnimon ball. I looked like a donut with cinnimon sprinkled on top. Actually, it was exactly that. My mouth exploded with flavor with one bite. It was warm and soft to bite into and inside there was a sweet filling - almost like icing inside.

"Is it good?" Luhan asked, seeing my shocked expression. I didn't respond and ate my other share. "I'm guessing that's a 'yes'?" he laughed and ate his 2 cinnimon balls. I was disappointed that they were gone so fast.

"I want more..." I complained. What a shame, I could just eat cinnimon balls for dinner. But that's not healthy!

"You can have more after dinner. We'll come back," he promised.

"We better! Ahh, those were so good." I patted my tummy on content. We got up, ready to go when the waitress appeared in front of us again, but this time arrived with a cake.

"Uhm, we didn't order this," Luhan pointed at the cake, confused.

"Everyone actually ordered this to give to you two," the waitress confirmed. Both Luhan and I looked around the cafe and saw many old folks and some young folks give smiles and thumbs up. We bowed to everyone is respect and thanks for giving us the cake.

"Thank you," Luhan also bowed to the waitress. ",but we are actually leaving now. Do you think you could put that in a box for us?" he asked politely. The waitress nodded and went then retured with the boxed cake. Thanking everyone again, we started for the door.

"Young man!" an elderly woman called out. Luhan stopped, which also made me stop, and looked back.

"Just because one hand is stuff doesn't mean the other one should be dangling like that," and she winked which made Luhan blush but he didn't know what she meant.

"Excuse me?" he was so confused.

"She's telling you to hold her hand!" a younger couple joined in. I laughed and shyly looked at Luhan who was blushing.

"No you're not a couple." I raised my hands.

"Ayy, don't deny it! It's okay, no need to be shy," the older man sitting across from the lady earlier said.

"I'm sorry, but you guys are mistaken. She already has a boyfriend," Luhan tried explaining too but everyone in the cafe was denying. Since we can't do anything in his situation, Luhan took my hand in his and lifted both his hands up.

"Okay, we are a couple! Thank you for the cake!" Luhan thanked everyone once again and we left the crazy cafe.

 

"Where were you guys?!" Tao screamed once he found us.

"Eating." Luhan simply said, and Tao pouted. Guess he wanted to tag along too.

"It's getting pretty dark, we should head back," Kris announced, and I also pouted. We can't go home yet! I still haven't found anything for Yixing yet. It's all Luhan's fault... If we didn't go out to eat, then I probably would have found something. But that was fun, I have to admit. What am I going to do though?

"Kris~" I held onto his arm, going back to the car. He hummed in response. "We can't leave yet."

"Why? Isn't everyone done shopping?" Kris asked, and I shook my head. Kris sighed.

"You haven't found anything Yixing yet?" and again, I shook my head. "It's getting late though, and the stores are closing soon. You don't have anymore time to look around."

"What am I going to do," I complained. No one asnwered, making my lose hope. Well, I could always make him something hand made... tch, that's no good, but at least it was nothing.

"Are you that upset about not getting him something?" Chen asked me and I nodded my head. The guys looked at each other with pitying looks.

"What do we do?" everyone whispered to one another. After some talking, they came to a decision.

"Yejin, we did some thinking and we think..." Kris started off but was still hesitant on saying this.

"We'll get Lay out so you can go buy something for him." Tao finished off his sentence. I stood still for a moment. I don't know why, but it took a while to process what they said. Lay. Out. Buy. For him? Oh?

"Really?" I asked, not believing them for some odd reason. All of them just nodded their head in determination. "How are you going to do that?" 

"Usually we go on a mini vacation with him for his birthday. We can do that this year too and you can have time to go out to buy him something." Ayy, this is such a flawed plan.

"That won't work. If all of you go then how will he go too? He doesn't trust me to be by myself."

"We'll figure something out." Chen promised.

"Yejin?" someone called me. I turned around, along with everyone else. The guys had frozen faces and some had their mouths wide open. Me, on the other hand, just blinked at the guy. Why did he look so familiar?

 

 

A/N: Double update! Sorrrrrry once again with the lacking updates. School is in the way and since its junior year, its the hardest to please don't leave this story! im trying deal with school while thinking of this story! I have an F in one class so I really have eto focus and get that grade up :(

 

I also want to 'rant' on about something. I'm sure many of you, or all of you, have heard about the tragic accident involving LADIES CODE. I will not go into detail of what happened but sadly, 2 beautiful, talented members have unfortunately passed away. Many people are sad and even depressed of this news but what makes me mad are people on the stupid internet bashing this group or saying idiotic things like 'oh im glad it wasn't my oppa' or 'im glad they died. they weren't popular anyway'. Really? Did you really have to say that? They were somebody's idol. They were somebody's bias. They were special to someone else. They were a sister, cousin, family member, daughter, niece, friend, and possibly a lover. I look down upon those who said similar things. This is a time of mourning yet all you can do is sit on a computer and bash. Don't you have anything better to do? Just think like this, what if it was your bias who passed away and they died? Huh? And people were saying that they were glad that they died? Not a laughing matter. It really isn't. It hurts. And to think people are like this... disgusts me.

Please excuse my rant. Keep Ladies Code in your prayers and deep condolences to the family members. It was very unfortunate that this had to happen.

#PrayForLadiesCode

#RIPEunb

#RIPRise

Everyone, please be careful on the roads and wear a seatbelt~!