006

Kidnapper = Lover
 
Chapter 6:
        Changed
 
 
Yejin POV

I walked out of the bathroom and set my dirty clothes in the bin beside my bed. After I did that, I walked out and went to the kitchen to see if he was still there. He wasn't. Tilting my head, I wondered around, wondering where he could be. For some reason, my feet led me to the balcony and sure enough, he was there. 

Lay was leaning against the railing, his eyes closed, the wind softly blowing in his face. He looked so... peaceful. A different side I could have expected from him. This is weird. When I first met him, he was so cold, so cruel. Now? Now he's playful and childish. Did I judge him too quickly? But he kidnapped me, I have the right to judge him.

Shaking my head and getting rid of these thoughts, I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. Lay jumped and looked at me shocked. Surprised by his actions, I was a little stunned but recovered almost immediately. I cleared my throat.

"I'm done now, so go take a shower." I told him, almost like demanding him to. Which is strange, I talk as if I do it all the time with him... Lay didn't take long to reply.

"Wo zhidao le!" he replied in some other language that I was definitely not used to. I lifted my eyebrow with a questioning stare.

"Wha-What did you just say?" I asked, still surprised that he was speaking another language.

"Do you not know what that means?" he asked, like he expected me to know. I shook my head. How was I supposed know a freaking different language?!  I never studied anything but English, but I'm still pretty bad with English.

"Wo. Zhi. Dao. Le. It means, 'I know' in Mandarin." Lay explained before leaving me alone on the balcony.

"Wo zhidao le..." I repeated the word. It rang inside me head and I imprited that saying deep in my mind.

As Lay was taking a shower, I stood outside for a while longer before going back inside where it was slightly colder. I sat on the couch, waiting for Lay to finish. I sighed and my head just started to move on its own. My eyes looked around the room and they wondered over to the photo frames on the shelves ontop of the TV. I got up and wondered over to them. 

I frowned when the I saw the frames. They were empty. Each photo frame was empty. The more I looked at the photos around the room, they more I got suspicious. Why were these photo frames empty? Moving towards the hallway, I saw that there were tiny holes in the wall. I touched them for some unknown reason, and my chest started to tighten. What was this weird feeling I'm having. I stepped foward, but that was a mistake.

A sharp pain entered my foot and I bit my lower lip, trying not to make any noise.

"Aish..." I bent down and picked up what I stepped on. I examined it and it was a nail. A small nail. It was almost the same size as the... I looked back at the wall and brought the nail up to see if it fit. And it did. There must have been pictures hung up here. But why were they taken down? I moved futher along the hallway, my hand carressing the wall as I walked. The most I looked, the more I saw that there were many small holes in the wall. He must have had a lot of pictures up.

There was something that caught my eye, and it was another photo frame. I walked a little quicker to it and took it off its nail. I guess Lay forgot to take this one down. But like the others, the photo frame was empty.

"What are you doing?"  a voice appeared out of nowhere. I jumped in the state of shock and clenched my heart in reflex. Lay had just gotten out of his room with only a white beater on and a pair of black skinny jeans. I couldn't help but look at his shoulders, down to his chest... and his tones biceps... I gulped and awkwardly turned a different direction.

"Nothing." I repsonded as naturally as possible. Lay frowned upon seeing what was in my hands. Like a lightning bolt, he snatched the frame out of my hands. I jumped back by his actions and only looked at him wide eyed.

"Why was this in your hands?" Lay asked, lifting up the photo frame, his eyes blazing with fury. He was scolding me like some little child who had broken a vase. But I am no little child, and I don't see the reason why he has to yell at me! I put my arms around my chest and defended myself.

"I was only looking at it! And if that frame doesn't have a picture in it, why hang it up?" I reasoned, but this only made Lay become slightly angrier.

"Didn't I tell you not to look through things that are not yours?!" he raised his voice at me. This only got on MY nerves and I yelled back.

"It was just on the wall! Can I not look on the wall?!" I yelled.

"No you can't! This frame is still mine, its still part of my property!"

"But there was nothing in it!! Why are you yelling at me for something useless!? I didn't see anything!" I continued to defend myself. I was breathing heavily, due to all the yelling that just occured. Lay finally started to relax, and his eyes softly got softer. Instead of saying sorry, instead of apologizing to me for something I didn't do wrong, he decided to not say anything, and walk past me like nothing happened. I scoffed and looked at the back of his head. 

Lay got comfy on the couch and the TV. I could only look at him with disbelief. Did he really just ignore the fact that he yelled at me for nothing? Scoffing to myself once more, I decided to also sit on the couch, crossing my arms across my chest now in a bad mood. I was staring at the Television when that sudden pain began to surge through my head. I clenched my head in pain, trying not to make it obvious, but it was an obvious fail.

 

 

"Really? Why can't you just listen to me for once?!" I yelled, ruffling my hair in frustration.

"What do you want me to do?! I didn't do anything wrong!" he yelled back, clearly frustrated as me. I could only groan in annoyance and glare at him.

"What do you mean you did nothing wrong? Fine... then tell me who this is?" I showed held up a picture. He squinted his eyes and only frowned.

"Yejin... this was one of my past girlfriends. This photo was 7 years old, can't you see how young I look?" he questioned. My eyes widened a bit, not really believing what he said but I looked at the photo again anyway. He was right... this was an old photo. Was I just jealous? I felt guilty the instant I scolded him for nothing. I looked at him with apologetic eyes and opened my mouth to say something but he had already stormed off. I exited our room, my shoulders deflating. 

He was sitting on the couch, remote in hand and eyes staring straight ahead to the TV. I felt so guilty... I puffed my cheeks out and shuffled towards him. I say down next to him and stole glances at him once in a while. His eyebrows were furrowed together, like he was deadly concentrating on watching the show, when I know he really wasn't. I poked his arm to get his attention, but he ignored me. Pouting, I poked his arm multiple times until I got his attention.

"What."  he responded to my poking, but he didn't look at me and his tone was dull and unlively. I stuck my lower lip out and hung onto his arm.

"Mianhae oppa... I shouldn't have yelled at you." I apologized from the bottom of my heart. But he continued to pretend he didn't hear me.

"Oppa, I said I was sorry," I moved his arm around, but I didn't get any reaction for him. Aish... I knew I shouldn't have assumed things so quickly! Getting teary eyed, I got up from my seat and started back to my room. I was never really good in these kind of situations. I feel so bad that I was about to cry. My first step to my room and I was stopped by a hand. I turned my head and he pulled my down so that I now sat on his lap. I was surprised at first, but then relaxed when his hands wrapped around my waist and his chin rested on my shoulder.

"Next time, comfront me first, talk to me instead of going straight to the yelling... I don't want to fight like that again," he accepted my apology and kissed me on the neck.

"Arra! Mianhae.. I don't know what I was thinking,"

"It's ok... just don't let it happen next time uh?"

 

The pain vanished from my head and I felt completely normal. I took deep breaths and finally relaxed.

"Yejin! Are you okay?! Can you hear me?!" I looked up to see Lay really close to my face, his hands cupping my face. I was mesmorized by his concerned, brown orbs. I opened my mouth to respond, but nothing really came out. All I could do was nod my head, indicating that I was ok. Lay breathed out a sigh of relief and backed away.

"Yah, don't do that! You gave me a heart attack," Lay put one hand over his heart.

"You got me so worried..." he continued on. I blinked. He was... worried about me?

 

 

A/N: Oh my goodness! sorry for the long wait! i just need to get back into the writing mood and im still working this story out, but now! update. i hope you enjoyed it :)