012

Kidnapper = Lover
Chapter 12:     
        My Yejin

 

 

Yejin POV

Ow, that was hot! A yelp escaped my lips, which caused Yixing to panic. He ran over to me and examined my fingers.

"God Yejin, you should be more careful!" Yixing scolded me again, taking me to the bathroom. He made me sit on top of the counter while he rinsed my hands under cold water.

"Sorry," I muttered, whincing in pain once in a while. At first, the pain was unbearable but not it was soothing with the cold water. How could I have been so clumsy!?

"Why didn't you wear the gloves?" Yixing asked, looking down at my hands.

"I wasn't thinking," I responded. Yixing gave a laugh.

"Yeah, I can tell," he joked, making the atmosphere a bit lighter.

"Be careful next time. I don't want you to get hurt," Yixing said shyly, his bangs covered his eyes.

"I will. I swear!" I told him. Yixing stopped the water.

"Good, now I'll be back. Stay here," and he left to go get medicine. I sat on the counter, waiting for him. Yixing is so sweet. How come he never showed this side earlier? Caring for my burn...

 

"Umma! Are the cookies done?" I asked, jumping up to see the pan of cookies come out of the oven.

"Mhm!" my mom replied and set the pan on the stove to cool down. I reached to grab one by my mom stopped me from taking one.

"You can't have them now, sweetie. We have to wait till they cool down," she informed me. I pouted.

"When can I eat them?" I asked.

"When they are not hot anymore,"

"How long will that take?"

"A while,"

"What am I going to do? I want to eat them!" I crossed my arms over my chest, pouting.

"Why don't you go find your oppa and play until they cool down," my mom told me. At the mention of oppa, I smiled instantly and ran off to find him. I ran to my room but he wasn't there. I ran to the living room, he wasnt there either. Where could he be? I walked around and searched for oppa until I heard a flush and a door opened.

"Yejin guess what? I just went to the bathroom all by myself," Oppa announced proudly.

"Woah~ I wish I could do that!" I stared at him amazed.

"You can soon! My mommy helped me,"

"Hey, you want to know a secret?" I asked him. Oppa's eyes widened and nodded. I told him to come closer and I whispered in his ear.

"The cookies are done," I told him. He gasped and got excited.

"Where are they?" he asked, looking around with enthusiasm.

"Over here!" I grabbed his arm and dragged him to the kitchen. The smell of cookies filled the air. The sweet aroma filled our noses, causing our mouth to water.

"Wah~ they smell so good," oppa closed his eyes and took a big whiff.

"I know..." I also closed my eyes to take in the smell. I got closer to the pan, taking a bigger intake of the cookies. Closer and closer, the smell was even more delicious.

"Yejin-ah," oppa pulled me back.

"Don't get too close. You might burn yourself" he warned, giving me a stern look but to me, it was still cute.

"Arraso oppa," I listened to him and went back to smelling the cookies, this time from a saer distance. I still wanted to smell them. I didn't want to the smell to disappear so I got closer and closer until...

"AH!" I yelled, tears b my eyes almost immediately.

"Pabo! Didn't I tell you not to get too close?!" oppa scolded me, but I kept crying. My upper lip had touched the hot pan, the pain hurt so much.

"Aish, follow me," oppa took my hand and dragged me off to somewhere. I didn't know where he was taking me since my eyes were closed. And even if I opened my eyes, my tears would always block my viewing. We suddenly stopped and I couldn't feel oppas touch anymore. I could only cry and touch my upper lip.

"Here..." he removed my hands and placed something cold on my burn. It was a wet cloth. My crying died down by tears still silently fell. When my vision was cleared, the first thing I saw was oppas smile.

"There, all better now!" he smiled wider, so that his eyes weren't there anymore. His smiling face made me stop crying and start laughing. He then started t make silly faces, making me laugh even more, forgetting about the pain on my lip.

"Don't cry anymore," oppa said with a silly face and wiped the remaining tears off my face. I nodded and also wiped my tears away and sniffled.

"Yejin! What happened?!" umma came running in the bathroom wildly.

"Yejin burned her lip on the pain," oppa explained.

"Aigoo Yejin-ah. You should be more careful next time," umma said.

"Neh umma..."

"Thank you for taking care of Yejin, sweetheart," umma said to oppa, ruffling his hair a bit. Oppa gave a big, proud smile.

"You're welcome! I'll always protect my Yejin."

 

I jolted up. I was still in the bathroom, but I was dazed a bit. That memory was so sweet. It really warmed my heart. I can't believe I could remember all the way back to when I was little. Who was that boy? He said 'My Yejin'... maybe we were close when we were kids.

"Yejin, you okay?" Yixing asked as he came back in the bathroom with the medicine in hand.

"What?" I asked, confused on why he said that.

"You looked spaced out there..." he said, pulling up a chair to sit in front of me.

"Oh no I was just... flashback," I replied. Yixing nodded and was focused on putting the medicine on my fingers.

"What kind of flashback did you have?" he asked, not done with what he was doing, putting the medicine cap back on.

"It was when I was little. I burned my lip on a pan when I was smelling cookies," I laughed at how silly I was back then. I laughed, but Yixing froze.

"And there was this boy, he was so cute," I smiled widely, remembering that boy that was with me.

"Cute?" Yixing smirked.

"Mhm, although I couldn't really see his face. It was all blurry," I pouted at the thought. I wished I could have seen his face...

"Thats too bad... did you have any feelings for this boy?" he asked, looking too curious. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I dont know. I mean, we were kids so maybe," Yixing didn't look too pleased by my answer.

"But..." I continued, causing Yixing to pay close attention.

"He did say 'My Yejin'... I thought it was cute. So who knows, maybe we were young lovers," I blushed. Young lovers, I can't believe I just said that.

"We should go eat now," I jumped off the counter and walked to the kitchen, dragging Yixing along with me. When I got to the kitchen, everything was in place and cooked. I looked at Yixing and then back to the table. He did this already? Yixing smiled and put both his hands on my shoudlers.

"Looks good doesn't it," he said into my ear. I nodded, letting my mouth water. He continued to hold onto my shoulders and led me to my seat. He pulled my chair out and even slid it back in for me. I didn't know Yixing was this... gentleman like.

"Well... go ahead. Take the first bite," Yixing urged. I looked around my plate. What should I eat first? Although everything on my plate looked delicious, the steak mostly caught my eye, so thats what I ate first. I cut the steak into a bite size piece and stuck it in my mouth. The flavour exploded in my mouth and my eyes widened in delight.

"This. is. delicious!" I exclaimed, my eyes twinkling.

"I'm glad you like it," Yixing smiled in response and with that, we both dug in.

In no time, the food was all finished. Thanks to all the talking and joking around we did, time passed like that. There wasn't a single moment where it was awkward. After dinner, we cleaned up the dishes. I wanted to wash the dishes but like always, Yixing would always beat me to it. And since I burned my fingers earlier, he definitely won't let me do the dishes so I watched him from behind.

"Oppa, I'm going to take a shower first." I told him. Yixing hummed in response and I left the kitchen and into the bathroom.

 

"Yixing?" I called out his name. I came out of the bathroom, in my sweats and my hair still wet. I had a towel around my neck while I dryed my hair with it. Yixing was no longer in the kitchen and he wasn't anywhere in the house. Is he on the balcony? Following my instincts, I moved to the balcony door and looked out. He wasn't here either...

"Yejin!" I heard his voice, but I couldn't see him. I looked up when I heard my name being called again. When I saw Yixing, I laughed in disbelief. He was on the roof, waving for me to get on there with him.

"Hurry!" Yixing urged. I rolled my eyes at him and climbed the ladder which was next to the door. How come I never saw that before? My knees started to get wobbly with every step. I was never a big fan of heights.

"Don't worry, I got you," Yixing held out a hand. I took it and he pulled me up.

"Woah~" I looked out into the distance. Thje city lights were beautiful. the night sky was lit up with the busy traffic of the city. It was amazingly beautiful. Now this is a sight that I could see for an eternity.

"Like the scene?" Yixing asked. No words came out since there were no words needed. I only nodded, staring out into the distance.

"You know whats even better? Look up," Looking up... was even more stunning than I ever imagined. Millions of stars twinkled in the dark night.

"How is this possible? It's so beautiful. And you get to see this every night?" I asked him, fantasized.

"Basically. Now you get to see them too" Yixing smiled softly.

"You're kidding me! This is like a dream!" I yelled and swirled around, just like how I would when I was a little kid. I twirled a few more times and layed down on the roof. I beathed out, admiring the stars in front of me. Yixing laughed to himself and layed down next to me. It was quiet after that. There really were no words to be exchanged. Sometimes being quiet is necessary to take in the beauty of things.

"Hey Yixing?"

"Yeah?"

"Now that we are... dating, can we go on dates?" I was embarrassed to say 'dating'.

"We are on a date silly" He chuckled.

"Like on a real date!" I flipped over to my stomach, propping my elbows up.

"Where we can go outside and have fun," Yixing's face went blank. Oops... wrong time? After a few moments of him not answering, I gave up. I rolled back on my back and looked back at the stars.

"No... at least not yet anyway," he responded. My eyes lit up. I turned back aroud and gave a wide smile.

"Really?" I asked, getting overly excited. Yixing was hesitant, but noded slowly. Instantly, my arms wrapped around his neck, and I hugged him tightly.

"Thank you! I'm so excited! We can go shopping and buy groceries together. Oh! And we can go to the park and eat out... AH! I can't wait!" I blabbed on and on, thinking about all the thins we could do together. Yixing only stared at me with an amused expression.

"Ok, ok. We can do all that! Soon... lets just enjoy right now," Yixing pulled me towards him, making me rest my head on his chest. I blushed at the contact and it was hard to hide my flushed cheeks. Yixing only closed his eyes and leaned his head on top of mine.

"O-Oppa?" I called him after a while. There was no response. I called him again but again, there was no response. I looked up at Yixing only to find myself chuckling at him. He was softly snoring na dhis breathing was slow and steady. I silently laughed. I've never seen his sleeping face before. I could really get used to this. A strong wind passed over us which caused chills to run up my shine. It's getting colder as the night passes, which is started to turn out bad since Yixing is here sleeping. I don't think I can carry him inside by myself... What do I do? I carefully unwrapped his arms from around my waist and went inside to get a few blankets and pillows. I slowly lifted Yixing's head and place a pillow under him and covered him in a blanket... several blankets just in case it got really cold out. Laying back down next to him, I covered myself in a couple of blankets, getting comfy. I hoped my back doesn't get messed up tonight.

 

A bright light hit my face. I moved my position and snuggled closer into something. I groaned since I couldn't get rid of the light that was shining in my eyes.

"Yejin..." a familiar voice whispered in my ear. I was too tired to respond to him.

"Yeeeeeeejin..." he poked my side but I still didn't want to be bothered at the moment. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned the other direction.

"Yejin wake up..." he said again, but this time louder.

"YEJIN WAKE UP!" another voice screamed, which caused me to jump. My eyes shot open from the voice and my heart was racing. I looked under me. Yixing was fast asleep. Then who...

"Yejin!" someone hugged me from behind.

"Tao-ah. You are going to choke her like that!" Luhan said and tried ripping him off of me but he had a tight grip.

"Tao, you really are choking," I told him, tapping Tao lightly on the arm. He had really tightened his grip when talking to Luhan.

"Oops, sorry. My bad," Tao said sheepishly.

"That's ok. How did you guys get it?" I asked. A jingling could be heard. I looked behind Luhan and Tao to see Yifan holding up a spare key.

"Right... Did you guys want something to eat? I can go..." as I happened to look at Kris again, in his other hand, he was carrying a carry out bad.

"Oh..." they are really prepared.

"Let's go eat!" Minseok came out of nowhere and linked arms with me, pulling me inside.

"Wait. What about Yixing?" I asked, looking behind me, seeing Yixing sill sleeping. How is he still sleeping through all of this.

"Leave him. He'll wake up when its time" Jongdae replied to me. What else could I do besides them lead me everywhere? I guess they are used to Yixing being like this. Kris put the food on the table while Luhan was getting some plates and utensils for everyone.

"What are we eating?" I asked curiously, looking over their shoulder.

"Chinese food!" Jongdae cheered, opening up the boxes. I only looked at them.

"Chinese food? Really? For breakfast?" Now it was their turn to look at me.

"Breakfast? Yejin, it's already noon," Luhan pointed out. My eyes popped out of my sockets. Noon?! I've been sleeping that long? I turned to the clock to make sure they weren't lying to me, but there i was. It reads noon. Oh my god... how could I sleep that long?

"Gosh Yejin. Were you that comfortable with Yixing last night?" Jongdae joked. Instantly, my cheeks reddened. I laid my head down on the table to hide from them while they were all laughing

"Ok, not funny guys" Yixing walked up to us, rubbing his left eye. He turned to me in his half awake state and gave me a smile

"Morning" he greeted. I blushed once again. Can you please stop making me blush?!

"Morning..." I shyly greeted him back

"Uh... no! It's the afternoon!" Jongdae corrected us

"Oh shut up dinosaur," Yixing lightly smacked him. Being Jongdae, he was a little over dramatic. He cupped his cheek and gasped... loudly.

"KRIS~! Yixing smacked me!" Jongdae complained and pouted like a 3 year old. Kris stopped what he was doing and put his hands on his hips, shaking his head in the process.

"Lay, we talked about this" Kris sounded like he gave up on life.

"I didn't even smack him that hard!" Yixing defended himself.

"Yeah he did! He smacked me like this," Jongdae turned to Tao, who happened to be right beside him, and smacked him as hard as he could in the arm. Tao's face scrunched up in pain, holding the side of his arm.

"Yah, KIM JONGDAE!" Tao shouted, furious. Jongdae, on the other hand, was on the floor laughing. I also laughed along but I covered my mouth to hide it.

"Would you two stop it?! I want to eat" Xiumin exploded, along with his stomach. His stomach growled, filling all of our ears. More laughter erupted and everything settled down. We all started eating but it was Xiumin who was gobbling everything down.

30 minutes passed and every single piece of food was demolished, all thanks to the help of Kim Minseok.

"Yo Yixing! Trash is full!" Chen hollered from the trash can.

You know how to do it! Go take it out!" Yixing had told him.

"But... it stinks!" he complained.

"Aiya..." Yixing sighed and went to take out the trash. Once the door closed, indicating that Yixing had left, a hand pulled me over to the couch, making me sit. Kris, Luhan, Tao, and Xiumin stood in front of me with hands crossed against their chest.

"I'm going to get down to the point since we don't have a lot of time. Are you and Yixing..."

"...DATING?!" Xiumin yelled, interrupting Kris. Xiumin lifted an eyebrow and tried to act tough. I wanted to laugh at them so bad. Are they trying to be overly protective right now? Cute... I decided to play alond. I crossed my arms across my chest.

"What if I am?" I challenged.

"Answer the question!" Tao stomped his foot on the ground like a small child.

"Theres a possibility! What are you guys going to do if I am?"

"I'll beat him... how could he not get permission from me first?" Xiumin asked in disbelief. I raised my brow.

"Why does he need permission from you?" I asked.

"Yeah why you? It should be me!" Chen stepped in.

"No, no, no. You guys have it all wrong! He should be getting permission from ME!" Luhan also stepped in, raising his hands to his chest.

"Are you guys kidding me? If anybody, he should ask permission from ME! I won't let anyone date Yejin until they get my permission. The one and only... Wu Yifan" Kris had also in. Are they all crazy?

"Guys! Too bad, we are dating!" I interrupted their mini fight. I looked to Tao to see if he had anything to say. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"ZHANG YIXING!" they all yelled at the top of their lungs and stomped towards the door.

"Will you guys shut up already?!" Tao had finally had enough. Everyone paused and turned towards Tao who just looked plain annoyed.

"Yah, why are you telling us to shut up? I thought you would be the one to blow up" Luhan pointed out. Tao shrugged again.

"As long as I can still be with Yejin then I'm okay," Tao hooked arms with me, laying his head down on my shoulder. A bright smile appeared on his face

"Aiya Tao..." I patted his head.

"And Lay ge would date her anyway, even without your permission like last time-"

"HEY Tao shut up. You talk too much!" Minseok plopped down on the couch, covering Tao's mouth.

"Last time? I want to know," I said. I think Yixing metioned that he never had a girlfriend before...

"Oh nothing. He's just blabbering on on his fantasy," Yifan said, sitting next to the couh, punching Tao in the stomach.

"Yejin, did you know Yixing's birthday is coming up?" Chen changed the subject. Eh? He never mentioned anything about a birthday. Especially his birthday.

"I-I didn't know that," I replied, quietly. They gasped.

"You guys are together and you don't even know his birthday?!" Chen, once again, over exaggerated.

"We haven't been together that long..."

"Well when did you guys get together?" Pause.

"Last night,"

"Last night?!" They said in disbelief all in unison. Just on time, Yixing opened the door, taking his shoes off. All at once, Tao,  Chen, Xiumin, Luhan and Kris bolted across the room and to Yixing. They were talking simultaneously about the same topic, but at different timing.

"Woah one at a time!" Yixing held his hands up.

"Xiumin, go," he pointed at Minseok first.

"You are dating Yejin?!" Xiumin went off. Yixing looked surprised and looked my way. I gave him a shy smile, laughing awkwardly.

"Yes.."

"Don't you think you should have gotten permission from me to date Yejin first?" Kris pointed to himself.

"Or me?" Luhan pointed to himself too.

"No not him, me!" Chen cut off Luhan.

"What the hell guys!" Yixing was so confused.

"You guys are not her brother so why are you being like this?" Yixing questioned, making his way to me. He say down beside me.

"Doesn't matter! She's our Yejin! So you have to ask permission from all of us," Xiumin crossed his arms.

"Your Yejin? She's my Yejin!" he put a protective arm around me, hugging my tight.

"My... Yejin?"

 

 

 

A/N: Soo, I'm thinking of just putting their stage names in here. It sounds weird to me now and it's easier to type :) sorry for the late update! I've been having writer's block!! Hopefully I can figure out this story soon