007

Kidnapper = Lover

 

Chapter 7:
           Surprise
 
 

Yejin POV

For the past few days, Lay hasn't been that bad. He wasn't as bad as I thought he was going to be. Living here... now its not so bad. I probably won't get used to it, but its not bad I have to admit. I was still uncomfortable about the fact that he was my kidnapper, but like I can do anything about it. I just would have wished that I lived in a separate apartment from him. So I can have my own room with my own bathroom, my own living room, my own kitchen, my own night view... somwhere where I can be more free! I don't want to be scolded again for looking at something that wasn't mine. It's not my fault that I'm really curious! There's no harm in getting to know your surroundings.

I was also pretty upset that I didn't have spare clothes. I could ask Lay permission to go shopping, but then again, there is 100% chance that he'll say no. Ottokhae, I can't just wear the same thing everyday. I need more clothes. Once again, I wore the same outfit I wear almost everyday: a pair on black shorts and a white over sized shirt that hung over one shoulder. I headed out of my room and joined Lay in the living room. He was watching his program and he was watching intently. As he saw me, he lifted an eyebrow.

"Didn't you wear that the other day?" Lay asked. My cheeks flushed red and I cursed myself inside my head. So I guess he did notice... what am I going to do now? I didn't say anything and kept my head now, sitting on the couch. Lay's eyes never left me and his gaze made my skin crawl. Please stop looking at me! I lifted my eyes up to see if he was still looking but immediately looked back down again... he was still looking.

After what felt like an eternity, he finally stopped staring at me and his attention was now back on the TV. I silently let out a sigh of relief and I could feel my heart beating rapidly through my clothes. Why was he even looking at me like that? I set that thought aside for now and watched the episode that happened to be on.

When I was finally into the drama, I couldn't take me eyes off it. I'm always focused in what I do... and with dramas or movies or books, I can get really into them. I don't know why, but I just do. If there is a sad scene, there is no doubt that I will always cry. Right now, I was on the verge of crying. The female lead just got amnesia and now she can't remember the man lead. How sad! I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from crying. I know these story lines are so cliche, but... its what everyone goes after and they. are. so. good! Kai always makes fun of my when I cry! Kai... My heart aches just thinking his name. I miss him so much. I wonder when I'll ever be able to see him again...

Lay got up during the most dramatic part of the drama and left. I scowled at him cause he was missing one of the best parts! How can you just get up and leave during the middle of a drama... how?! Tch, crazy. When he was going back to his spot, on the way there, he had closed his phone and stuffed it in his pockets. So he was on the phone...

It was kind of... awkward. No one was talking and only the sound from the TV could be heard. I wanted to yell and scream at the male lead for being such an idiot but I don't think this atmosphere is the right time. Aish, I really wanted to scream!! I looked over at Lay and he had an expressionless face. I just don't understand him. I jumped in surprise when the doorbell rang. Lay was the first to get up and open the door. Since he got the door, I can now focus back on my drama. 

I could hear multiple voices and my attention moved away from the episode, to the guests who were here. 5 handsome men... I mean really handsome men entered the apartment. They all had straight faces on as they followed Lay to the living room. Staring at them wide-eyed, I recognized them. They were there when I first met Lay... when he kidnapped me. Just thinking about that I started to staighten my posture and began to feel uncomfortable. Why are they here?

"Why did you call us Lay?" the tallest of them asked. Lay looked at me as he responded.

"I need you to look after her," he proposed.

"EH?" I gasped, a little too loudly, causing each one of the guys to look at me. I avoided their stares and looked somewhere else... more at Lay.

"Wae?" the one with the chubbier cheeks asked. He looked so innocent...

"I need to go do something and I need you guys to make sure she doesn't escape, got it?" Lay explained. I scoffed. Really, he called them over here so I won't get away? He should have thought of something more clever... is he going to call them here everytime he needs to do something? Pretty dumb idea...

"How long are you going to be gone?" another guy asked.

"About 2-3 hours...." he responded, pondering to himself. I gawked at him. 3 freaking hours? I'm dead... I'm going to be dead the time he comes back!

"I won't be gone that long! Make sure she doesn't leave your sight!" He told the boys. He then turned to me with softer eyes.

"I'll be back soon, so just... behave until I get back," Lay softly said and left, not saying anything else. I was left on the couch, speechless. What does he think I am?! A 5 year old girl? I know when and when not to behave, he doesn't need to tell me this. I frowned. Great, now I have to be in a room with 5 total strangers, moreover, who helped kidnap me! I turned to face them and they made themselves comfortable in the apartment. Some went to get snacks in the kitchen, some went outside on the balcony, and some just stayed in the living room with me. This was so awkward. The 2 people who stayed in the living room were sitting on the floor and their attention was on the television. I cleared my throat in clear the tension that surrounded me and tried to get comfy on the couch again, but it was hard. I can't be comfortable when there are people I don't know are in the same area as I was.

2 of the boys came back from the kitchen with tons of snacks in hand. They also sat on the floor next to the 2 other guys and the last guy came and sat on the floor. All of them had their eyes fixed on the screen, eating the snacks. I puffed out my cheeks. I wanted to eat some of that...

When the drama had finally finished, one the guys, the taller one, turned off the TV and turned around so that he was facing me. My eyes widened and I looked down. Soon all the 5 handsome men had their eyes on me. I kept looking down so that I wasn't looking at any of them.

"Yejin-" someone started but got poked by the guy beside him. The one who poked him gave him a look. I lifted a brow and just looked at them weird. How did he know my name? The taller one cleared his throat and gave me a smile, something that gave me a surprise. Someone as scary as him can actually smile? I should stop judging everybody as how they look.

"I think we should introduce ourselves. My name is Kris, but you can call me Yifan," Kris introduced himself. Yifan?

"Yifan?" I said his name. What kind of name was Yifan? 

"Yea Yifan. I'm Chinese" he explained and it all made sense now.

"Hi, I'm Luhan," the guy on Kris' right introduced himself. He had a babish look but when he smiled, the corner of his eyes get wrinkled and he looked pretty cute. Luhan? He must be Chinese too.

"Names Tao!" a guy just yelled out. He leaned foward and had a wide smile on his face. I just smiled awkwardly back and the introductions continued.

"I'm Chen, but call me Jongdae," one said.

"I'm Xiumin! But I also go by Minseok," another baby faced guy introduced himself.

"So now that we said our introductions, you should go." Yifan suggested. I nodded my head and bowed 90 degrees.

"Annyeongahaseyo, Yejin-imnida." I politely said. They all chuckled, making me frown.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked rather coldly.

"Mian! We didn't mean to make you mad, we were just... laughing cause you're so polite with us. Just treat us like how you would treat your friends," Jongdae said. Friends? Will they even count as friends? 

After introductions, it turned really awkward... like really awkward. So awkward that the air was suffocating me! I fiddled with my fingers and tried thinking about other things. I looked up once in a while only to see them all looking at me like I was supposed to do something.

"Why are you looking at me?" I finally got the courage to ask.

"You are the host of the house, entertain us," Luhan said with a smile.

"I'm not really the host..." I don't even live here!

"You kinda are! Entertain us!" Tao insisted. If they insist, I guess I have to entertain them. But how? I don't know my way around this house and I'm not allowed to look through this house... so this is pretty pointless. Unless I look through his stuff now and get yelled at for it later... but I don't want to get scolded again. Aish, ottokhae?

"Uhm... well..." I didn't know where to start. Should we play a game? I don't know where he puts the games. I don't even know if he has any games. Looking for the games would be embarassing in front of the guests. What exactly can I do to entertain them?!

"How about we play a game," Yifan clapped his hands and waited for a response. Everyone nodded in agreement and my heart started to race. What if they ask me where the games are? How am I supposed to answer them? I was secretly hoping they wouldn't ask me, but I highly doubt they wouldn't.

Minseok got up and went to the cabinet below the TV. What was he doing? He got something out and what do you know... it was a board game. He took out 2 board games and I sighed in relief. It looks like they've been here multiple times before... so they know where everything is. That explains why they knew where the snacks were when I didnt't.

"Alright... what do you want to play first?" Minseok asked the group and everyone was arguing to either play King Wang Jjang or Balloon Pop. Personally, I didn't care what we played, but seeing these boys fight over which one to play was really entertaining for me. The sight just made me smile. It makes me wish I had friends like these...

"OK! How about we play King Wang Jjang," Minseok made a decision. Some cheered while some groaned in annoyance.

"Why don't we just play Balloon Pop after this game?" I suggested.

"I think we should go with Yejin's idea!" Jongdae raised his hand and said loudly, practically screaming.

"Why are you on her side?" Tao lifted a hand, pretending to karate chop his neck.

"Because I want to play Balloon Pop!" Jongdae stood up for himself, and Tao eventually did karate chop his neck. I giggled to myself and just enjoyed myself watching them play.

"Yah, why aren't you playing?" Luhan asked, looking up at me with those huge, deer eyes.

"Oh, I'm, uh... I just wanted to watch." I told him. Luhan gave me a disapproving look and stood up, taking my arm and dragging me down on the floor next to him.

"Guys, lets start over. Yejin's going to play." Luhan said aloud, making sure everyone got the memo. As soon as he said that, everyone stopped putting the swords in the pirate and dumped it so they can start over.

"Here, you start" Luhan handed me a sword to stick in the pirate. I blinked blindlessly and just stabbed the pirate with my red sword. As nothing happened, the rest of the guys sighed in relief and the game continued. I don't get it... was it supposed to do something? When everyone else got their turn, it was suddenly my turn again. I took a random sword and stabbed in once again carelessly. 

Jumping up in surprise and slight fear, the pirate shot out of its barrel and everyone tried to grab it, except me. I screamed and tried to make out what was happening.

"Yejin lost! Let's play again!" Tao screamed in excitment. I... lost? 

"I don't get it..." I aimlessly said.

"Have you not played this before?" Minseok asked and I shook my head.

"The point of the game is, you put these swords, anyone, and stick them in these small slits on the side... like this," Minseok demonstrated and stuck a sword in. Ok, makes sense so far.

"But, when you stick one in and the pirate shoots up, someone has to catch that and the person who made the pirate shoot up is the loser... which is you," Minseok pointed out.

"Aish..." That ... I don't want to lose! Now I see why everyone was so tensed during the game. It sure is... an attention grabber.

"Since Yejin lost.. I say she gets," Jongdae started and took his fingers and flicked the air. I widened my eyes and immediately covered my forehead. They are NOT going to flick my forehead!

"Andwae!" I told them firmly and pouted a bit.

"C'mon Yejin! One flick!" Jongdae pestered and kept flicking the air. I furiously shook my head, still covering my forehead.

"Andwae! You guys are going to hit hard!" I complained, whining like a little baby.

"It's only one flick! Here... Luhan you do it, you're the weakest" Tao told Luhan. Luhan didn't seem offended but only smirked and got his fingers ready. Ok, here's my death...

"Really, Luhan is the weakest out of all of us," Kris comforted me... at least tried to. I gulped and slowly uncovered my forehead. My heart was racing since I was so nervous and my palms got sweaty. I turned towards Luhan and closed my eyes. Luhan was slowly getting closer to my head and the suspense was killing me! Waiting for the pain, he finally flicked me and I flew back, rubbing my forehead. And they said he was the weakest...

"Mianhae Yejin-ah!" Luhan and the rest laughed at my reaction. He bent over and started rubbing the spot that was no red. Aish.. I'll get my revenge.

"Yah, let's play again!" I told them determined, cracking my knuckles in the process. Everyone smirked and we played another round of King Wang Jjang.

 

"Assa!" I screamed. This time, I was finally the one who didn't lose! Every game... every. single. game. I lost in. My forehead is now red and sensitive. But this time! Oh, this time... it was me who didn't lose! It was Luhan! I kicked my legs in victory and I got my fingers ready.

"Yah! That's not fair!" Luhan pouted and complained, trying to get his way out of this.

"Sorry, Lu-ge thats the rules!" Xiumin cheered, along with the rest of the guys.

"Hey, can I hit Luhan?" I asked them, really wishing that they would say yes.

"Go ahead..." Kris stated, leaning back until his back hit the sofa. I could hear Luhan groan and I chuckled in success. I turned to him and right when I was about to whack him in the head, Jongdae stopped me.

"Ah, wae~!" I complained. This was finally my chance to get my revenge and they stop me! 

"Let Minseok hyung do this," Chen suggested with a smirk. Luhan's eyes widened and you could see cold sweat running down his face. He gulped and put a shaky hand up.

"Hey guys, lets not go that far," he said, laughing nervously.

"Why should I let Minseok do it?" I asked, curiousity getting to me. There has to be something going on for Luhan to be acting like that.

"Minseok here, is the toughest here," Tao put a hand on Minseok's shoulder and gave a proud yet envious smile.

"He can break Luhan's forehead like that!" a snap could be heard from his fingers. I smirked and looked over at Luhan who was as pale as a ghost.

"Ok call..." I agreed and I swear, Luhan could faint right there and then.

"H-aha... Here just hit me already!" Luhan lifted up his bangs to show his milky, white forehead. Xiumin looked hesitant at first but eventually ended up hitting Luhan harshly due to his friend's words. A clear noise could be heard from Luhan's forehead and he landed on the floor, clutching onto his head. I laughed till my throat hurt and actually felt really bad so I also held onto his head, rubbing the spot where Xiumin had hit him.

"Wah~ I didn't know Xiumin could hit that hard," I stated, still rubbing Luhan's forehead.

"Can we play a different game PLEASE!" Luhan was practically begging. After a round of laughter from the remaining guys, we did move onto the other game which was Balloon Pop. Honestly, this one was just as nerve wracking as the other game. Why do they like these type of games?!

"Ah, hajima! It's going to pop!" I yelled, covering my eyes so I wouldn't hear the popping noise. This was really scary, the balloon was deformed into a weird shape as more and more spikes were pushing into it. I could feel my heart beating faster by the second when Yifan was putting a spike in. Just as I was preparing my heart for the worst, the balloon popped, scaring everyone in the room.

For another 30 minutes or so, we continued calling the games and truth be told, I was getting comfortable with them. They weren't anything like how I thought they would be: mean, scary, rough, vulger... need I go on? Yes, they were intimidating, but they actually aren't that bad. I think I've smiled the most today than I ever had in the past time I was here with Lay. I just... don't know why Lay acts so differently than his friends. Whenever I'm around them, they treat me like they've known me forever. Is that just there way of getting friendly?

As we were still playing and laughing, the door unlocking could be heard and in came Lay himself. Immediately, all laughing stopped. He took his shoes off and carried in multiple bags of different sizes. He set them down by the couch and looked down at us, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"What are you guys doing?" Lay asked, his expression not saying anything. The mood all of a sudden dropped. I pouted as I let the others explain to him.

"Ah ge, we just played a game!" Tao exclaimed, smiling till his eyes turned into cresents. Lay narrowed his eyes at us but didn't say anymore.

"And we were just leaving," Kris suddenly announced, making both me and Luhan pout. I didn't want them to leave so soon. I just beginning to have fun.... to enjoy their company. Kris got everyone up and they soon left the house after having a few words with Lay.

"Bye Yejin! See you soon!" Miseok yelled and waved before stepping out the door. I smiled widely and waved back.

"Bye Minseok!" I yelled back. Lay gave me a strange look and I felt like I had did something wrong.

"What?" I asked him, getting uncomfortable under his stare.

"Did you just call him by his real name?" Lay asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't  I call him by his real name?" I asked back and he didn't seem to have a response. He again, only stared at me, this time his stare looked... sad? I brushed it off and I turned away from him. This atmosphere got really awkward really fast. Lay cleared his throat and picked up the bags that were sitting by the couch. I slightly looked at the bags he was carrying and felt jealous. He went out shopping and bought all he want! I bet he bought things he didn't even need... unlike me where I need more variety of clothing!

Lay turned his head away from me and raised his hands so that the bags were in front of me. I looked at him weird and didn't take them. Lay rolled his eyes and lifted the bags up for me to take. I hesitated at first but then took it. Does he want me to carry them to his room? Stupid...

"These are yours." 

 

 

A/N: Sorry again for the long wait >< So much homework and projects are being piled at me right now, please forgive me :( but i hope you liked this chapter!