008

Kidnapper = Lover

 

Chapter 8:
          Yixing

 

 

Yejin POV

"Eh?" i asked and looked at him bewildered.

"I said those are yours, go try them on," Try them on?  I looked inside the multiple bags and saw clothing piled up in all the bags. He bought all those... just for me?

"Realy?!" I exclaimed, almost squealing. He nodded his head slowly and I raced to the bathroom to try on the first outfit I laid my hands on. After trying on most of the clothing there for, who knows how long, I found the cutest outfit out of the whole stack. Smiling to myself, I quickly jumped into the comfortable clothing and examined myself in the mirror.

Not bad, just my style! Who knew Lay had an eye for fashion, this is something that I would actually wear outside. It was a grey sweatshirt with a yellow duck in the front, along with black shorts and knee high socks. It was a cute, dorky look that I absolutely loved!! Satisfied on how I look, I exited the bathroom, the bags slung around my arm, and walked over to Lay who happened to be leaning against the wall next to the bathroom.

His hands were stuffed in his pockets and I noticed something right away... his clothes: a grey sweatshirt, black skinny jeans... I looked from my outfit and then back at his. We were basically wearing the same outfit execpt I had a yellow duck on my shirt and he has a green one. Well this is weird... must have been a coincidence.

"How do I look?" I asked Lay when we met eye contact. His eyes widened slightly and his cheeks turned a light shade of pink, barely noticable. Lay cleared his throat and looked anywhere besides me.

"Why did you pick that outfit to wear?" he asked me. Instead of telling me I look nice, he asked why. Really? Well why did you answer my question with another question?! Slightly disappointed thats all he said, I tried not to show it and looked down at my picked outfit. I see nothing wrong with it.

"I thought it was cute so I wore it. Wae, is there a problem with me wearing this?" I questioned. Looking away like always, Lay denied my statement

"I never said there was a problem, I just asked..." like he was embarrassed of what he said, quickly took the bags out of my hands before I could say a word out of my mouth.

"Yah..." I was abuot to yell at him for being so rude and taking my things, but that wasnt the case. He only took my bags to put them in my room for me. So... gentleman-like. Thank god I didn't yell at him. I should be more careful of my actions from now on. Lay doesn't seem like such a bad guy...

"What took you so long to change in there?" Lay asked after setting the shopping bags down beside my bed.

"What do you mean? I was only looking at the clothes," I defended myself.

"For an hour?"

"What?! No, I didn't take that long, you're exaggerating..." I told him, and sat down on my bed. My energy is being drained from my body already. Man, its been a long day.

"No I'm not, you were in there for an hour. I came back at 8 and its 9:10 right now," Lay stated. Twisting my body around so I can see the clock, my eyes widened when I actually saw the time. He was right... I was in there for an hour. Turning back around slowly, I gave him an apologetic look.

"Did... I really take that long?" Lay nodded his head.

"S-Sorry..." I apologized. It didn't even feel like 1 hour in there! I must have been looking at myself too long... aish.

As Lay was about to leave the room, I stopped him by blurting out the stupidest thing ever on the entire universe...

"We are wearing couple outfits!" Aish!! I want to slap myself in the face for not thinking before speaking. Now hes gonna think I'm weird. Lay stopped in his tracks and looked down at what he was wearing and then looked at me. He smirked and look back up to meet eye contact.

"Looks like we are," he admits it... he admitted it! I blushed, not meaning to blush. Why can't I just disappear into mid air right now? I bent down to cover my face in my lap. Not looking up any time soon, I could hear Lay chuckling at me. Sighing, I turned around to put my new clothes away when I found out that I didn't have any hangers... just great.

"Do you need hangers?" Lay asked, getting closer to me. I nodded my head and decided to put away the pants first. After a minute of putting away the pants, Lay came back and dumped something on my bed. I spun around and found my bed full of hangers.

"Oh..." I looked back up at Lay and he started putting the shirts in the hangers and started to hang them up beside me. I was debating on whether or not to stop him, but it would probably be best not to disturb him, so I let him do whatever. This is his house after all. After several moments of silence, Lay decided to break it.

"So.. you guys played games without me?" Lay started off with a question, making my drip with cold sweat. Is this going to be like an interrogation?! Is he going to ask me where I found those games? But I didn't even find them! Oh no, hes going to yell at me for looking at things again! I was preparing myself for the worst, but it never came. Instead, I got something else.

"Did you have fun?" he asked, catching my off guard. I turned my head to look at him and blinked. He wasn't going to yell at me? He wasn't going to scold me or question me? What is this?!

"Eh? Oh... yea, I have fun..." was that the right thing to say? My heart was beating rapidly because I never really know what to say when I'm talking to him.

"I see... so you played games and had fun..." Lay stopped hanging clothes and stared at the ground. Here it comes... the yelling and fighting again. Let's just get this over with! I closed my eyes and Lay turned so that his body was facing me, hands on his hips.

"... without me?" eh? Was that it? I opened my eyes and made eye contact with him on accident. I immediately looked down again and began folding and putting away my pants. I did't say anything, since I might upset him. But if I don't say anything, then hes going to yell at me for not responding to him. Ottokhae!

"I'll take your silence as a yes..." I heard Lay sigh. He grabbed me by the wrist, which surprised me, and I followed him out of my room.

"Yah!" I wanted to get my hand out of his grasp but his grip was just a little bit too tight for me. We entered the living room and we both were seated on the floor where the games still lay. Lay started setting up the first game: King Wang JJang. I looked at Lay curiously as he was putting the first sword in.

"Ok, your turn," he then looked at me with wide eyes and waited for me to take my turn. After a few blinks here and there, I picked up a sword and stuck it in the barrel. As I did so, I tilted my head in confusion. Something doesn't feel right about this atmosphere. Was it because of him? How he's acting differently? Or maybe it was because I'm just awkward? I couldn't tell.

As time passed on, we kept playing, but it was so different from when I was playing with his friends. I sighed since this really wasn't as fun as I hoped. In fact, it was just boring! There was no talking involved, no actions... nothing! Bored, I picked up a sword and put it in a random slot that was open. The pirate jumped up and my heart literally dropped on the floor. I was no prepared for that to happen! All of a sudden, I heard laughing being heard. I looked at Lay and he was holding his stomach, laughing really hard, his mouth wide open.

"You lost!" he laughed out... barely laughed out. I could only stare at the sight in front of me. Was this really happening? Was Lay... really laughing right in front of me? This is a sight that I might only see once in a life time. After Lay was laughing for a while, I cracked a smile. Although this was a new sight for me, I liked seeing it and I hope to see it more often.

"Now, come here," Lay motioned for me to get closer as he was preparing for the punishment. My eyes automatically got wider and adrenaline was pumping in my blood. Not this again!

"Andwae!" I yelled while I covered my forehead.

"It's the punishment!" he stated and he started moving forward. Not willing to take the pain anymore, I stood up and tried to avoid him. Unfortunately, Lay also got up and started following me.

"No go away!" I yelled and ran away from him.

"Yejin!" Lay yelled back and began to chase after me. I screamed and continued to run away from him. I ran circles in the living room, went into the kitchen and around the dining room, anywhere so Lay wouldn't catch me. Eventually, I was caught in his arms and the punishment was upon me! Lay had caught me by my waist and pulled me towards him so my back hit his chest. I tried covering my forehead but Lay already uncovered them and hit me lightly. Lightly? All that running for my punishment to be hit lightly?! Lay chuckled and let go, going back to the living room.

"That was so not fair!" I complained and sat back down in the living room floor.

"It was fair!" Lay argued.

"No it wasn't! You should have told me you were going to hit lightly..." I pouted.

"That was entirely your fault. You just had to run around the place," Lay casually said, leaning back resting his body weight on his hands.

"Let's play again!" I felt confident in myself. This time, Lay is going to lose and I can rub it in his face!

"Ok, but you are still going to lose," he poked fun at me.

"We'll see about that."

 

And for hours, we played the same thing over and over again. It was like a competition between us. Whenever he would win, I would want to play again just to beat him. And whenever I would win, he would want to beat me. It was a continuous cycle. The atmosphere was now lightened and it was just like when his friends were over but... this was better. I had more fun with Lay than I did them his friends. I don't know why it was it just... was I guess.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Lay suddenly asked. I was a little surprised when he asked me. I turned to face the clock. It was already midnight. Was it really a good idea to watch a movie now?

"Which movie?" I asked. If it's a good movie I'll watch it, or if its a movie I haven't seen before, I'll watch it. Maybe if its an ok movie, I'll watch it... so either way, there is a good chance that I will watch it.

"Hmm... well what do you want to watch?"

"Do you have Spirited Away?" I asked after a while of thinking. Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies! I love that movie so much, brings back memories... Lay smiled and got up. I followed his movements and he went to the cabinent next to the TV and opened it up. My jaw dropped. Inside were rows upon rows of different movies. I slowly stood up and walked over to where Lay was.

"This... is where you keep all your movies?" I asked, my jaw still dropped. Lay gave a brief nod and looked for the movie.

"Do you think you can make popcorn while I looked for the movie?" Lay asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah.. I can do that," and I made my way to the kitchen. When I found the pantry, I was in search for the popcorn. I skimmed through the rows until I found the popcorn. There was box with different types of popcorn in it and now the decision was to pick which one I should make. The decision was now between butter and kettle.

"Hey Lay!" I shouted from behind my shoulder, looking at the two different popcorns.

"Yeah?" he yelled back, setting up the movie.

"Which popcorn do you like better?!" I asked.

"Kettle!" was his response. I smiled. Kettle it is then! Thank god he picked kettle cause its my favorite! I gladly made the popcorn and put it in a large bowl. When I came back to the living room, the movie was just starting. I quickly sat down next to Lay and put the bowl inbetween us.

As the movie was still playing, I started to feel thirsty from the popcorn. I looked to the side and Lay was focused on the film. Should I bother him? He looked so into it.... nah, i should bother him. So I ignored the feeling of being thirsty.

The movie continued on and I was continuely eating the popcorn, but I began to feel even thirstier! This was not good. Again, I looked at Lay and he was still focused onto the screen.

"Did you want something?" Lay suddenly asked. I jumped, shocked since he wasn't even looking at me. His gaze was still fixed on the screen. I cleared my throat silently.

"Do you have any drinks?" I asked, kind of embrrassed that he caught me.

"Drinks are the fridge, feel free to get them anytime," Lay said, and now he was looking at me with soft eyes. I nodded my head and smiled. I got up quickly, trying to disurb Lay and got my drink. I only decided to get water, since I thought it wouldn't be as messy if I got something else.

"Thanks Lay," I said sitting back down and my attention back on the movie.

"Yixing..." he said. I faced him while sipping on my water.

"What did you say?"

"Yixing... call me Yixing" he said, turning his head so that we made eye contact.

"Yixing? Why all of a sudden..."

"You call Minseok by his real name while you call me by 'Lay'. I want you to call me by my real name too," he said. I was shocked by his proposal. Call him by his real name?! It can't hurt right?

"From now on, call me Yixing,"

"Ok... Yixing."

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the lame update... the story is getting there I can tell you that! But I'm afraid that the story will be shorter than my other ones so... :D Please look forward to my other updates