Thankful

Fated 2: It takes a Man and a Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Seohyun-ahhh!!!" Sooyoung hopped in Seohyun's office with a big smile. "It's lunch time already. Can we eat?" she asked in a pleasing tone and the latter nodded.

 

"But can we please just eat here? Let's just ask Suji to call in a restaurant for delivery. You can chose what food you want." Seohyun requested as she still stays in her seat.

 

"That's fine with me. I'll go and ask Suji. Wait for me." Sooyoung happily agreed and went out. Few minutes later, she came back with a smile. "I ordered japanese foods, is it okay with you?" 

 

"That's fine." she replied lazily. Sooyoung squinted her eyes to the younger girl who is groggily sitting in her chair trying to read some papers infront of her. 

 

"Are you okay? You look like you're having a hangover or something." she said as she sat on the chair infront of Seohyun's table. "Did you drink last night after meeting with Kai? Oh wait, so how's your meeting with him? What happened? Omo I should go here early in the morning but I'm busy since Luhan told me to supervise everything before Krystal left for convention. So tell me what happened." she bombarded her questions which makes the latter to frown.

 

"Oh please Soo, stop with that questions. My head still hurts." she whined and Sooyoung continued to pry. "Tell me what happened first. You know I will not stop until I get what I want." 

 

"Our meeting yesterday was fine. We just talked and discussed some things. That's all." she replied lazily as Sooyoung continues to scrutinize her through looking. "I didn't drink because of him, if that's what you think." she stated. "Last night, I accompanied Yoong to the bar..." 

 

"Wait you two went to a bar? Why you two didn't invite me and Yul? YAH!" Sooyoung cutted her off. "Yah let me finish!" Seohyun yelled and Sooyoung nodded.

 

"She is suspecting that Donghae is having an affair so she went to the club where he usually goes according to Donghae's friend. She asked me to accompany her on my way to meet Kai." she paused. "Turns out, Donghae is working his off to make the lady agreed to sign their contract. He is doing everything the girl ask him cause it is a big deal in their company, but Yoong didn't know it so she suspected her husband." 

 

"Omo. I imagine Yoong shouting at a bar like how some wife goes there to fight with their husband." she shiver at the thought. "How are they?" 

 

"I think they are fine. Good thing the lady explained everything and she is actually happy at Yoona's appearance. She agreed to sign the contract and the lovers went out to talk since Yoong is still dumbfounded." Seohyun explained and Sooyoung laughed out loud.

 

"Oh geez I should be there too. I wanna see Yoong's face." she continues to laugh.

 

"Aisssh it's better if you are there. They forgot me as Donghae drag Yoona outside to talk and they went home immediately. Of course he wouldn't want any more scene there. So I am left alone." she sighed.

 

"So you drink alone?" Sooyoung asked. "You should have called me or Yul to join you." she shook her head in disappointment.

 

"You think I would drink all by myself? You know me Soo." she replied sarcastically. As Sooyoung is about to speak, she cutted her off. "One guy approached me to join them but I refused, he keeps on asking me that I got irritated and he told me that he will let me off if I drink just one shot. I agreed as I really want to go home." she explained.

 

"But... that's dangerous." Sooyoung looked at her in horror. "It also happened to a friend of mine and she ends up waking up in an unknown room. All her important things were lost and worst of all, she woke up . She got and the police told her that it's a crime that is being done by men in the bar. They will lure the girl and make her drink, not knowing that they are putting some pills in her drink to make her half unconscious all throughtout the night." she explained and Seohyun looked at her with wide eyes. "Are you okay Seohyun?" she looks at her intently.

 

"I'm fine... Someone help me last night" she sighed and look down. "Who?" Sooyoung asked. "Kai." she murmurred but Sooyoung heard it clearly.

 

"Kai??? Kim Jongin? He's there?" she shockingly asked and Seohyun nodded. "How is he there last night? I mean... did he follow you?" 

 

"Ani, it's just a mere coinceidence that he's also there. I think he saw us in the bar when Yoona made a scene." she answered. "He's with a date." 

 

"Waitttt... you saw him there?" Seohyun nodded. "When we are looking at Donghae, I saw him." she replied with a low voice. "It's not like I'm looking at him okay? I tell you, it's purely coincidence that we are both there." 

 

"Oh yah! don't be too defensive. I'm not suspecting you." Sooyoung laughed and Seohyun frowned. "But good thing he is there, he saved you." Sooyoung said after calming herself from laughing.

 

"Saved?" Seohyun inquired.

 

"Of course he saved you. If not for him maybe that guys did something to you. You said you only had one shot but you look like you drunk yourself to sleep last night." Sooyoung told her in a matter of fact tone as Seohyun is realizing everything. "You should thank him." she suggested as Seohyun is thinking deeply. 

 

"Why would I?" she yelled. Her pride is still there even after realizing everything. "He helped you for goodness' sake. I still hate him but what he did is good and he deserve a little 'thank you' from you. Geez, why are you reacting like that?" Sooyoung complained. Soon their foods were delivered and they started to eat.

 

"Do... you think I really should thank him?" Seohyun suddenly asked while not looking at Sooyoung. "Of course. He saved you. A simple 'thank you ' would do." she answered while chewing her her favorite maki.

 

 

 

-----

 

 

"Will you go home now?" Luhan asked as he peek at Seohyun's door. He smiled after seeing her fixing her bags and herself. "Wow, it's a miracle you will not go home late. It's only 5pm Seohyun-ah." Luhan remarked as he enters the room. 

 

"I have something to do." she replied as she picks up her lipgloss and apply it on her pink lips. "A date?" Luhan . "No. I'm meeting an old friend... And you Mr. Xi, are you going home?" she playfully mocked him as he chorted.

 

"Ms. workaholic Seo, I will go home immediately because your dear friend in China will be mad if I'm late at our Skype date." he replied cheekily. 

 

"That's good then. Say hi for me to Chorong umma, arasso?" Luhan nodded at her as he stood up. "I'll be leaving then. See you on Monday." he bids goodbye as the door opens loudly and a girl is standing happily infront of them.

 

"Seohyun-ahhhhh!" the girl ran to her friend and hug her tight. "Oh gawd, I missed you." she hug her again as Seohyun could o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter