The New Seohyun

Fated 2: It takes a Man and a Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It's another busy working day for Jung Seohyun, since she's been promoted as the Vice President in Marketing, her life rotates in her job and their company. She's now looking at the design her sister send her this morning while drinking her coffee. Krystal is also working now in their company, she is good in designing shoes and Seohyun feels proud of her. Like her, Krystal also started as a regular employee in their company and after her one year of working, she became an assistant head in the design committee.

 

"Good morning!!!'' Luhan greeted her with a smile on his lips. She looked at him and she replied his smile. "Why are you so serious in early morning?" he joked and sat on one of her chairs while looking at her intently. Over the years, Luhan and Seohyun became so close, they both achieved their dream together and luckily, they also achieved their success at the same time. Luhan now can joke to her naturally and they are very comfortable with each other.

 

"Because you didn't knock on my door." she mocked and rested her back at her chair. "I did." he countered and laughed. "It's just that you are so busy in your own world that you didn't even notice my loud knock." he stated.

 

"Whatever!" she spats. "So what brings you here Mr. Xi?" she continuously mock him and Luhan just shook his head while laughing. "Yah!!! Don't laugh." she yelled.

 

"Aisssh Seohyun, stop being so serious. You taught me to enjoy life and what are you doing? Hey! your life is not only focused here in your room." he lectured her. Seohyun only rolled her eyes and she sighed when she saw Luhan's serious face. "Okay stop lecturing me Appa. Chorong unnie really influenced you alot." she mocked.

 

"And your mocking style really improved." he sarcastically commented. "Stop restraining yourself Seohyun." he added with concern. "You're not the old Seohyun I knew." Luhan stated.

 

"You know that..." Seohyun starts to defend herself but Luhan immediately cut her. "I know, but it's already two years Seo. You should move on."

 

"I already moved on." she countered. "Yeah right!" Luhan rolled his eyes this time and shook his head in disappointment. Suddenly, someone knock on her door and it revealed Sooyoung who is smiling widely.

 

"Good morning!" she greeted happily and sits on the opposite chair where Luhan sits. "Am I disturbing something?" she asked when Luhan and Seohyun is just looking at her, Luhan is smiling while Seohyun is frowning.

 

"Ani, it's just that your friend here is still as stubborn as ever." Luhan explained and Sooyoung immediately get it. "By the way, I need to go now so I will leave  you two here. And Seo, appa and uncle called for an urgent meeting later this afternoon, that's why I came here." he smiles sheepishly and leave the two girls.

 

''So..." Sooyoung started. "You will go with us tonight right?" she asked. Eversince Seohyun became workaholic, she rarely joins Sooyoung and Yuri's night out. At first, they understand her but as time passed by, they became hopeless about it. "Come on, Yoona will be going tonight. Like finally the four of us can be together again. Please Seo." Sooyoung begged.

 

"Okay. You don't need to beg Sooyoungie." she laughs. "I'm sorry if I didn't join you in the past. I will try my best to join you girls as much as I can." she promised.

 

"really?" she asked excitedly "Omo, it's about time Seohyun-ah. We will meet boys and have fun." she happily stated. Seohyun only nods at her with a small smile. "Come on Seo, you should meet boys now, you're not getting any younger. You should think about your future." she lectured. "Yoona is married, soon Yuri will also be married, Luhan is already engaged so now it's only the two of us who is single so we need to find our match now."

 

"I know... but should we look for it? I mean, shouldn't we wait for it?" she asks. "Oh my goodness Seo, it's already 2013, girls should also be looking now. These days if you didn't go and find your love, you will be single forever. Look at you, you're beautiful, smart, and y. You shouldn't be spending your entire time here in your office." she lectured once again.

 

"Says the one who is single." she mocked. "Hey hey hey, we're different okay? I enjoy flings and I'm happy being single. It's just that I didn't meet my match yet. Atleast I'm looking while you are not. Stop dwelling on the past Seo, forget that Jongin and have a happy life." she boldly uttered. Seohyun froze after hearing Jongin's name, it's been two years  but she can't help but to feel that way everytime his name is mentioned.

 

"I moved on okay?" she spats and started fixing the papers infront of her. "Aisssh! Stop pretending okay?" Sooyoung sighed. "It's his fault anyway, and more importantly it's his lost. His insecurities are..."

 

"Stop." Seohyun groaned. "Let's not talk about it okay? Like you say, it's all in the past." she stated and Sooyoung nods.

 

"Okay, but you've got to promise me to stop limiting your social life, if you meet him outside then just be normal. If you really moved on, then it's supposed to be nothing." she challenged her.

 

"Okay okay. Are you happy?" Sooyoung grinned at her and stood up. "Okay ma'am, I need to get back in my office now." she  leave Seohyun's office with a winning smile.

 

Seohyun sighed heavily after Sooyoung went out. "She's right, it should be okay now." she mumbled even if she knows that up until now, she's still not okay with it. Jongin still affects her, she's being strong but she's afraid of going out because she worries that  if she meets him out with a girl, she didn't know if she will be okay with it.

 

For two years, she's guarding her heart. She's being strong and brave with her family and friends and even to herself but the truth is, she didn't know if she can still be the new Seohyun if she meets Jongin face to face.

 

 

-----

 

 

"Oh my God, Seohyun-ah!!!" Yuri screamed in delight and stood up to hug her. She returned the hug and smile widely, she misses her friends alot too. "It's been what? three.. four months? Oh my God, I really miss you." she hug her again.

 

"I missed you too Yul, but can you please release me? I can't breathe." she uttered and everyone laughed. "Oh! I'm sorry!" Yuri exclaimed and Seohyun chuckled. "It's okay." she smiled and sits. They are now in one private bar where Sooyoung likes to hang out, this place is not like a normal bar, loud music will only be heard when midnight strikes so they all can catch up and talk peacefully.

 

"Hey!" Minho greeted her as he came out from the bathroom. "It's good to see you again Seo. You look good." he praised her and she smiles. "Aigoo Minho-ah, Yul is getting jealous." she joked. Minho laughed and waved his hand. "She's not." he laughed. "Anyways, I will go now. So ladies, enjoy the night." he announced.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter