The Past

Fated 2: It takes a Man and a Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"What??? you saw her last night?" Chanyeol asked loudly. "Daebak! Finally after two years you saw her again." he added, still amused at Kai's story. "Yah it's not two years." Suho countered and immediately bit his lips when Kai glared at him.

 

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked. "It's nothing, grandpa Suho is always disoriented." Kai quickly chided and Chanyeol laughs hysterically. Kai went back to his office and rest his head on his table, he sighed and opens his drawer. He pulled out a picture frame with Seohyun's picture that he still keeps until now. He stared at it as he sighed, "What happened to us?" he mumbles.

 

 

-----

 

 

Kai is working at his dream company, he's been one of the best and most promising employee when he started until Zhang Yixing came. He believe that Yixing stole his position as the VP and he is blocking all his efforts.

 

Seohyun's career is running smoothly, their company became the number one in terms of fashion and apparels. She became popular as her designs were always sold out. His insecurities started to pile up, he knows he shouldn't feel that way, but he can't help it. He lost a major car deal and his promotion was given to someone else.  He feels like Seohyun is on the top while he is still in the middle of success, and as a guy, insecurities cannot be helped.

 

He hide it to himself all along, when they meet he is always the jolly and supportive boyfriend that he is. He didn't want to trouble her with his problems as he know that she is super busy in her work that they rarely meets. He would visit her sometimes in the office and he always ended up waiting for a long time and being jealous. He is jealous that Luhan is with her every single day, he knows that they are only friends but he can't stop himself.

 

Due to work, Seohyun went to Japan for three months, she needs to finalize everything for their expansion there. Coincidentally, that was also the time when Yixing was promoted and not him,and he lose another car deal to add that misery. He didn't tell it to Seohyun who always tell him the good improvements of their business in Japan whenever they talk.

 

But the most sad thing that happen is at Seohyun's second month of stay in Japan, Kai's mother died. He was so heartbroken that he calls and begs Seohyun to go back, he needs her that time. He desperately needs Seohyun's support.

 

Seohyun cried and cried in Japan for she can't do anything, she can't go back in the middle of her work. Kai's cries haunts her and she begs her father to make her come back to Seoul even just for a few days, her father just advice her to continue for one more week and he will fix everything so that she can come back and assures her that they will support Kai and they will do everything to help him.

 

Kai was at his worst state, he didn't want anyone's support and he always stays at his mom's burial. He didn't want to eat nor sleep, he just stays there like a corpse that is guarding his mom's casket. Taeyeon worries about her brother's health alot that she asked for help, Seohyun's family steps up and helps Kai. Jaesuk even yelled at him to knock his senses saying his mother wouldn't be happy seeing him like that and he needs to be strong for his noona and Seohyun. He started to eat and sleep a little but he didn't talk that often, he only wants Seohyun's support at that moment.

 

He was the one who saw her umma lying on a floor when he goes home, he was the one who brought her to the hospital, he was the one who sees his umma being revived by the doctors in the emergency room, he was the one who saw everything and the one who received the bad news first.

 

Then at his mother's funeral, Nana came. She is Kai's ex, the first girlfriend he had. They are not that serious before but he was a little hurt when Nana left him. Taeyeon and his umma also knows her, so she came to the funeral to pay respect. She saw Kai sitting there alone so she approach him and hold his hand.

 

Kai was so emotional that day, when Nana held his hand, he cried hard and she comforted him all throughout the day. That night, Kai went home late with Nana, they stayed in the cemetery for a long time, he didn't know what happened but they kissed, his tears were falling as they kiss when they bid goodbye. When they parted, he saw Seohyun standing infront of them with tears in her eyes. She walked out but Kai chase her and he kept on saying sorry.

 

Seohyun was hurt, she is crying nonstop while Kai is chasing her, when he held her arms she budged but Kai held it firmly. "Let me go!" she cried.

 

"It's not what you think, I didn't know what happened but believe me, I only love you." Kai cried too, he tried to hug her but she pushes him away. "Let me go!!!" she barked. "I don't want to hear your lies." she roared and push him hard. Luckily for her, one taxi passed by and she rides it fastly and Kai kept on chasing the taxi until his legs gives up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter