Sheet 9

Damned Star

 

Sheet 9

 

“Yes. Yes...”

 

“Minah… Mr. Jang wants to talk to you.” Hyekyo stated handing me her phone as she covered the mouth piece.

 

“Tell him I fell asleep or something.” I refused. I couldn’t think straight… Yoochun’s safety got me troubled.

“Alright.” My friend followed. Seconds later she hung up.

 

I faced her and questioned, “Why did he call anyway?”

“He was wondering if we could go back already because our temporary replacements weren’t doing so well.” She explained.

“What did you say?”

 

Hyekyo sat beside me on my bed, “I told him we can’t come home since we have round-trip tickets and besides we did not arrange this whole trip ourselves. We can’t go home just like that. He should just bear with them for two more days.” She narrated.

 

Instead of a reply I just soughed. Hyekyo drew closer and gave me a side-hug, “I am sure Yoochun can take care of himself so don’t worry too much Minah.” She comforted.

 

“I know, but the rain hasn’t stopped since he got out. I just couldn’t help but be concerned.” I solemnly answered.

 

 In the middle of our conversation my mom entered our room. “The police said they think they know where Yoochun headed off to and they’re going there now.” She reported.

 

I immediately stood up, “Could I come with?”

“Alright, but please careful Minah.” Umma allowed, “Hurry up before they leave.” She added.

 

I nodded and hurried down the lobby. I rushed to two police men, who were about to hop in their vehicles and requested if I could tag along. They were kind enough to permit me and let me ride in one of their cars. An ambulance also trailed behind us.

 

Water kept pouring harder flooding the cemented roads. The skies were darker than usual influencing the once cheerful vibe in to a grave atmosphere. The police had a challenging time driving because they had poor visibility of the path we were taking. How could we see him at this condition?

 

We were just driving around for half an hour now, but still no sign of the star. I do wish he is at some place safe, because I just can’t help myself to imagine ugly scenes happening to him. Minutes later the car had an abrupt stop.

 

“What’s going on?” I asked as soon as I was able to get my composure back.

 

“Our chief ordered us to stop the car.” One of the officers explained.

 

Before I could say a word, someone knocked on the window where I was seated. I opened it slightly, “What happened?” I queried.

 

“Ma’am we saw an abandoned bicycle a few feet away. The rescue team is already investigating the area.” The woman uttered.

 

“May I come see it?” I requested.

 

“I’ll you there ma’am.” She agreed opening the door for me. She took me under her large umbrella and led me to the place where the bike was located.

 

The umbrella though was no use since the rain just got stronger. I got wet eventually.

When we arrived at the location, my heart felt heavy… I guess what I was thinking came true, something bad did happen to him.

“He’s probably somewhere down this slope…” she informed.

“What do you mean by that?” I questioned as my heart began thumping loud.

 

“He might have slid off his bike and rolled down there.” The police woman clarified. I wasn’t able to respond and just stared at the abandoned bicycle.

 

I am sorry for putting you in this situation Yoochun. I do hope you’re okay. I won’t forgive myself if you are badly harmed. Please, be safe. Water formed in my eyes and I began shedding tears.

 

“We found him!” one of the rescuers blurted. The other members came down with their equipment’s the second they heard the man.

 

The burden I felt earlier was lifted but I wasn’t fully relieved. My heart pounded more and endless tears rolled down my cheeks. Yoochun I am so sorry.

 

The rescue team carefully went up the muddy slope with the star’s unconscious body resting on the sled. I wanted to come closer but the police officer stopped me.

               

My eyes simply traced him as he was brought to the vehicle and was cared for. I wonder how long he was out cold.

 

I forced myself to stop from crying any further. I have to be strong… He’s going to be alright. I am sure.

 

The officer led me to the ambulance and I entered. I sat near the star and just stared at his pale face.

 

“Excuse me ma’am but he was holding onto this when we found him.” One rescue team member interrupted as he handed me a bundled handkerchief.

 

I did not hesitate to take it and open it up. My lips involuntarily formed a shy smile the second I saw my necklace. I glanced back at Yoochun and beamed at him even though I know he won’t witness it.

 

Thank you Yoochun.you risked your life just to find this for me. I don’t know how I could repay your kindness. This unexpected kindness from you. I do have a favor to ask,please stay alive, so when I am able to figure out how to pay you back, you’d still see it. Please.


 ~•~•~•~•~

 

“Hello, I am Doctor Lee, I am updating about Mr. Park Yoochun…” the respectful doctor addressed me as I was sitting at a bench near Yoochun’s room.

 

I suddenly stood up and bowed my head at him, “He is not in a bad condition right?” I wondered, very nervous of what he is about to say.

 

He calmly narrated, “Well, not quite. He did not acquire any major concussion, although he is experiencing a high fever and he did get minor bruises in both his arms and his left cheek, which have been treated. We are still monitoring him and have given him antibiotics.”

 

I bowed my head again, “Thank you.” as relief graced down upon me.

“Welcome and excuse me I need to check up on my other patients.” He bowed as well and hurriedly left.

 

I carefully made my way to the star’s room and slightly slid the door open. I peeked inside and laid eyes on a sleeping Yoochun. I can no longer control my emotions so my tears began crawling down my face.

“Minah, why are you crying?” I heeded a serene voice from behind.

 

I spun around and saw my mom accompanied by my best friend Hyekyo.

“Umma.” I was surprised.

 

“Why are you crying isn’t Yoochun okay already?” she continued as she wiped my tears with her handkerchief.

 

“I just feel so guilty mom, this would’ve have happened if I was not that careless.” I confessed.

 

“Don’t think about it too much Minah. Everything that happened was simply an accident. We did not expect these things to occur.” My friend comforted.

 

“Let’s just pray for his wellbeing.” My mom advised and I gave her a meek nod.

“Oh yeah I almost forgot, I brought Yoochun’s cellphone. He actually left it in his room. We were able to get it since the hotel allowed us to have an access to his place.” Hyekyo stated as she gave me the damned star’s phone.

 

“We should call his family and tell them he’s in the hospital don’t you think?” my mom suggested.

“Deh.” I agreed.

I was about to call his younger brother when Hyekyo prevented me from doing so.

“If we tell his family, wouldn’t that only worry them?” she questioned.

“They have the right to know Hyekyo.” I answered.

“Yes, and we should apologize for this unfortunate event.” My mother added.

“Alright… go ahead.”

I took in a deep breath and pressed the ‘call’ button.

 

The whole conversation was about 10 minutes. I had to explain everything in detail and of course ask for forgiveness to Yoohwan and their parents. Fortunately they were very understanding and accepted my apology. I promised to take good care of the damned star and thanked them for being considerate, and then it ended there.

 

Afterwards, I told Umma and Hyekyo to go back to the hotel and I will look after Yoochun over the night. We said our good-byes and I went inside his room. Yoochun was still sound asleep when I got in. I quietly crept beside his bed to see him up close.

 

“Yoochun, I can’t thank you enough for finding my necklace for me… and I am truly sorry for putting you in this kind of situation.” I stated all to myself as I held his hand, “Sorry.”

 

~•~•~•~•~

 

“Hello?”

I heeded a very cold but soothing voice.

 

“Miss?” the voice kept speaking to me.

 

I gradually opened my eyes and saw a lovely angel staring down at me. All I could see was him… wait, am I in heaven? Tha-that can’t be, am I dreaming then?

 

“Hello.” The breath-taking being repeated his first statement which enlivened me.

 

I instantly sat up the couch and found three other people, their attention focused towards me.

 

“Who are you guys?” I questioned my vision still a bit of a blur.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo~ we are Yoochun’s friends.” The tallest one out of them introduced his companions on their behalf.

 

That’s the only time my sight cleared up and dawned to me that I was still at the hospital.

Kind of ashamed of my clueless reaction, I sheepishly bowed my head acknowledging them.  

 

“Yoohwan contacted me and told me what happened. Coincidentally we were also here at Jeju having our vacation and decided to drop by.” The second tallest out of them explained.

 

“Really? That’s good. By the way my name is Lee Minah, I am uh…” I had to pause because I had no idea how to introduce myself to them.

 

“Are you his new girl?” one of them who possessed a high-pitched voice assumed.

I raised my hands up and shook it frantically, “No, no. I am not his ‘girl’ I’m his neighbor.” I clarified.

 

“Oh so you guys went on a vacation together.” the man who had the fairest skin out of all of them, and the same guy who woke me, alleged.

 

“Well, yes, he came along with me, my mother and my best friend here.” I elaborated.

“Ah.” They all stated in unison.

 

I shot them a smile and chuckled softly to release the tension I was experiencing.

 

“Oh, where are our manners?” the second tallest, who had light bronze-like complexion continued the conversation, “I’m Jung Yunho.”

“I’m Kim Junsu.” The high-pitched man, with a silhouette similar to that of a woman’s, came after.

 

“My name is Shim Changmin, the youngest.” The tallest being, came third, and confidently emphasized the word ‘youngest’.   That is very shocking though, I mean he’s like a six-footer and he’s the maknae? Oh, he has good genes.

 

Talking about good genes, the one who looks like some Greek god introduced himself, “I am Kim Jaejoong.”

 

I am smitten by his features. He looks just so perfect. The ‘god’ soon noticed me dreamily staring at him and laughed. The urge of protecting what’s left of my dignity was further prevented by my loud grumbling tummy. I awkwardly gaped away from the four of them. Lee Minah, why be so less lady-like now?

 

“Ms. Lee Minah, why don’t you get some breakfast and we will look after Yoochun while you’re gone.” Yunho threw me an attractive smirk subsequently his concerned statement.

 

“Yes, you should get some breakfast.” Junsu quickly agreed while the other two just bobbed their heads.

“Thank you.” I bowed and immediately hopped off the couch with nothing else to say.

 

When I reached the door I looked back at the damned star and gestured another bow towards his handsome friends. I spun around and clumsily slid it open. These men are making me nervous. Whew.

    

I bought myself a ham, egg and cheese sandwich at the hospital’s cafeteria along with can of cold coffee, not much of a breakfast, but I wasn’t in the mood to consume a lot as of this moment. I decided to eat outside at the small park located at the back part of the establishment, where other patients dwelled at.

 

I seriously needed the fresh ‘Jeju’ air to clear my mind.   `

  

After finishing my food and delighted myself with the beautiful view, I went back up to Yoochun’s room. I was nearing the door when I heard loud bursts of laughter. I am guessing he’s awake?

 

I cautiously opened it afraid to bother them however as I was only halfway through they halted and all turned to me. I was startled by their stares, stopping me from further entering the place.

 

“Minah.” The damned star lifelessly voiced out my name. He steadily raised his right hand and gestured for me to come closer, and so I did.

 

“Hey guys, could you leave the both of us for a moment?” Yoochun requested, looking at each one of his friends.

“Sure.” Yunho sneered.

 

“Have fun hyung.” Changmin added patting the sick friend on his shoulder. They all looked at me once more before finally dispersing out of our sight.

 

“So they’re your friends? How did you all meet?” I questioned starting the conversation.

“I met them backstage in one of those charity concerts.” He answered his voice still lenient.

 

“They are singers too? How come I never heard of them?” I wondered, grabbing a stool at a corner and seating myself beside him. I am slightly embarrassed that I am not acquainted with those stunning lads.

 

Then I heeded Yoochun’s mild chuckle, “I was kidding.” he had a long pause then pursued with his statement, “I met those dudes at one of the clubs here in Jeju during my first trip.”

 

“Oh… How are you feeling?” I raised another question, trying to change the subject since I was more interested about his well-being.

 

“I feel better now. Still a little dizzy though.” He responded.

 

“Ah you’re wearing the necklace again.” Yoochun suddenly mentioned before I could say anything else.

 

“Yeah. I am.” I uttered shortly.

Even if he seemed so pale, his mini beam brightened up his face in an instant.

 

“Yoochun… I am sorry.”

“For what?” confusion filled his visage.

“I am truly sorry for putting you through this. If I was not so careless you would not end up here at the hospital.” I blurted with a serious tone.

 

“Why are you saying that? I was willing to go find it for you anyway. It was somehow my payment for saving my life back at the rooftop.” The star stated.

 

“But you got hurt.” I murmured.

 

“You don’t know how much I am grateful for meeting you Minah. If it weren’t for you, I would have been in extreme depression my whole life or I might have successfully killed myself. Even if you hardly knew me, you still did your best to help.” he acknowledged as he carefully reached for my hand.

 

“My sincerest thank you, Lee Minah.” He ended.

 

His sugar coated words touched my remorseful heart, which led me to shed joyful tears. I am deeply appreciated by Park Yoochun. I guess Project Yoochun would be soon over. It’s like Yoochun is all grown up.

 

I smiled at him as I wiped my face and said, “You are very much welcome, Park Yoochun.”

 

The-no longer-damned star squinted his eyes, “Wait, weren’t you wearing the same clothes yesterday?” he noticed.

 

I scanned myself, “Uh, yeah. I was supposed to go back to the hotel to change but then I decided to stay here instead.” I clarified as I scratched my head.

 

“That’s disgusting.” He replied accompanied by a comical expression. I burst into laughter the second I saw his face. I was shocked someone like him is capable of doing such a look.

 

“See doesn’t it feel nice to laugh?” he said.

“Yes it does.” I approved.

 

“After all I have been through just to get your necklace... I don’t want to see you sob even if those are tears of joy, it is still crying to me. I want to see you smile.”

 

The statement he released plus the amusing reaction earlier did make my lips form into a huge grin.

“That’s better.” Yoochun sneered.

 

What is this feeling? I have butterflies in my stomach and my face is heating up. Add to that Goosebumps and shivers. My eyes can’t glance one second away from him too as if they were enamored by this pale but good-looking star. Is it possible that I… No Minah, whatever you are thinking stop it. I kept mentally wrestling with my thoughts when Yoochun began talking again.

 

“Are you sick?” he queried.

“Huh?” puzzled was I.

“You suddenly turned red.” The star joked.

“N-no I am not sick.” I disagreed instantly gazing away from him.

 

“It’s alright, girls really can’t resist me.” He scoffed.

“Yeah right!” I glared back at him.

 

Yoochun began chuckling out loud but he had to stop, “Ow that hurts.” He stated caressing his wound on his left cheek.

“Good for you.” I mocked.

“Hey, why don’t you go back to the hotel? Enjoy the rest of your vacation.” He suggested, changing the subject.

“I have to take care of you.” I refused.

 

“You’re on vacation, so don’t mind me. Plus you have been looking after me all this time, when you weren’t really obliged to do so. Just go and have a great time here at Jeju.”

 

“No one else would look after you.” I reasoned involuntarily pouting my lips.

“Those four guys can take care of me, so don’t worry about it.” He insisted.

Failing to think of another reason I gave up, “Alright. Get well soon.”

 

The star smiled and waited for me to leave. I twirled around and made my way out, but I had to go back, I forgot to give his phone back. He might need it.

 

“Before I go, here’s your phone back.” I handed him the gadget.

Out of curiosity I just had to ask, “I was wondering is that your ex-girlfriend on your wallpaper?”

Yoochun nodded and took the rectangular thing off my grip, “Yes.” He stated shortly seeming like he doesn't want to talk about it.

 

“Come closer.” Yoochun invited.

“What for?” I wondered.

“Let’s take a picture together.”

“I don’t think that is necessary.” I rejected his offer.

“What are you saying? Aren’t we friends?” he got disappointed.

 

Friends? Are we friends?

 

“Come on. Don’t make this hard for me.”

 

I stared at his waiting face and slowly drew near him.

 

“Closer.” He ordered and I followed.

 

“Ready? 1, 2, 3!” and he clicked the capture button.

 

“One more.”

 

I just obeyed and smiled genuinely in front of the phone’s camera lens.

 

“There.” He stated as he browsed through the digital photos.

 

I stood straight up and waited for him to initiate once again my departure.

 

“Look, it’s all better now.” Yoochun showed me his phone as his hands slightly shook. He replaced the old one with our picture.

 

“But why?” I wondered.

 

“I am officially going to start moving on. Seeing your face will constantly remind me that.” The star answered.

 

“Really…” was all I could utter. Don’t get me wrong I was happy to hear that. Seriously.

My tongue unexpectedly got tied up and I could not say anything else. My heart began fluttering again.

Aish, snap out of it Minah!

“You should go, while it’s still early.” He ended, sending me off.

I beamed at him, “Okay. Bye.”

“See you.”

 

~•~•~•~•~

 

Author's Note:

 Teehee, pretty short update compared to my recent posts, sorry about that. So I know it all became dramatic with the rain scene, sorry I just had to do it. DBSK peeps are just normal people here alrighty? Basically Yoochun is just a solo artist. Please comment! I would love to hear from you. Subsrcibe if your a new reader. <3 

I would also like to promote myself... XD So I have been doing covers for a while now... dance covers to be exact and yeah just putting one here >.< support me! Haha, anyway here it is! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kRzPf8joOg

Please if you have time watch it! =))