Sheet 6

Damned Star

 

Sheet 6

 

 

“Yobosaeyo? (Hello)” Yoochun’s voice trembled.

 

Project Yoochun has been going well. Today I forced him, wait slash the word forced. I suggested that he should call his family, he refused at first but I was able to convince him anyway. Now I am crossing my fingers that things will go the way I planned it.

 

“Ah, Umma (Mom).” His voice sounded so surprised.

 

I bit my lips scared of what will happen next.

 

“Uh, deh, gwenchanh-ayo. (Yes, I am fine)” he stated his lips forming a discrete smile.

 

He really looked happier as soon as he heard his mom’s voice. He also laughed a few times during the whole conversation. I just sat on his piano’s stool, watching him from time to time. Although I did want them to have privacy so about ten minutes later I left his unit and went back home.

 

I watched random television shows to pass up time. There were a few reruns of old shows every week and I saw Yoochun, as a guest on a variety show. He was way jollier and he makes a fool out of himself at times but he doesn’t feel bad about it. He also showcases his piano and singing skills to his fellow idols and to the viewers. I pitied him for a second, he wasted his life. Seeing that gave me more courage to carry on with my ideas. You can do this Lee Minah! I can do this!

 

I suddenly heeded an excited knock on my door. I sprung up and opened it and saw a very bright Yoochun. Wow, that was… I can’t even describe it.

 

“Lee Minah, kamsahamnida! (Thank you)” he exclaimed as he grabbed me and gave me a tight hug. A ve—ery tight hug.

 

I could barely reply a ‘welcome’ because he is constricting me too much. When he let go, I had to catch my breath discretely and then afterwards I shot him a sincere smirk.

 

“You know what, because you made me so happy, I am going to treat you ice cream or something.” he voiced, while a big beam was still pasted on his cheerful visage.

 

Park Yoochun instantly took out his wallet and found out it was empty, add those imaginary flies coming out of it.

 

“Aish. I need to go to an ATM.” He glanced at me and pursued, “Just wait a second I will get my card.”

 

I am dumbfounded. His actions were just overwhelming I could not even react properly. Although when he hugged me, I honestly had good shivers down my spine. 

 

“Come on let’s get going.” He uttered as he grabbed my hand and led the way.

 

It was late in the evening. The streets and sidewalks are mostly empty now, only the cold wind filled the lonely atmosphere. Yoochun did not bother putting on anything to disguise himself to the world because no one goes out at this hour or maybe he was too occupied by his giddy feelings to even bother.

 

As we were striding along the red pavement Yoochun could not stop smiling. I wonder what they have talked about. He was acting like a child, who was given his most favorite candy. Anyway, we visited the nearest ATM.

 

I leaned on a wall near the machine and waited for the damned star to withdraw his money. Minutes later he signaled to me that he was done and we continued walking. For a very happy Yoochun he seemed kinda quiet.

 

We dropped by the convenient store and he bought two ice cream sandwiches. The both of us sat on the sidewalk as we ate our cold treat.

 

“Thank you for the ice cream.” I blurted out as I was halfway done.

“No need to thank me. It’s just my payment for having helped me this far.” He seriously stated but still wearing a grin.

 

Yes, I know, how the heck was he able to do that? Well his tone sounded serious but his face just could not hide the happiness deep within him. That’s how I analyze it.

 

Anyhow, I am so glad he’s finally realizing that he should choose to be happy instead of being miserable. Being negative about the world would get him nowhere. I am a proud individual here. I was able to stop the Park Yoochun from doing suicide and he is smiling now, such a huge turn, from all the loneliness to all this joy.

 

“I owe you big time.” He stated.

 

~•~•~•~•~

 

“Good-bye baby, good-bye, Dwidoraseo geudaero apeuro gamyeon dwae. Amureon maldo (maldo) haji malgo (malgo)…” Yoochun sang as he mimicked the dance of miss A’s Good-bye Baby.

 

Hyekyo and I decided to go to a noraebang (karaoke) place since we had nothing to do this weekend and Big Bang recently had a comeback, so V.I.P,’s flocked the music store trying to get a copy of their ‘Alive album. The lines seemed endless. It was just horrible… So many fan girls, and only the two of us, we hardly had the energy to accommodate all of them, but the good thing is, we survived.

 

Yoochun on the other hand forced us to let him come with. He was the one who paid for everything actually. However, he hogged the microphone most of the time. We girls, only had sang a few songs, but we were just trying to understand him. I guess he can thoroughly release his stress or happiness through noreabang. Well, that is what I and my best friend do.

 

While we sang together, the star sat quietly and drowned himself with bottles of Soju. He cheered for us at some point but he was just too busy getting drunk. Of course as a result we had to carry the tipsy Yoochun all the way home.

 

We gradually strode the flight of stairs as we assisted the heavy Yoochun. It took us a while but eventually we got to his apartment. I fished out his house key in his pocket and opened the locked door while the damned star still leaned on both of us for support. Hyekyo and I dragged him towards his couch and lay him there. We instantly held our shoulders and nursed it.

 

“We shouldn’t have brought him if we only knew he was just going to get himself drunk.” Hyekyo complained.

 

“Tsk. I thought he was just there to have some fun with singing and stuff, not drinking.” I sighed.

 

“Oh, well.” Hyekyo continued, “I better get going. See you Minah.” She stated giving me a short embrace.

 

She waved at me and made her way out of the unit. I turned my attention back at Yoochun who was peacefully resting. I noticed how his room got extra dirtier, so I volunteered to clean up a bit. Half an hour later I was able to at least tidy up his room, him still asleep. I did some stretches and then strode towards the door, however a hand held my arm and stopped me.

 

I glanced back and saw the still tipsy Yoochun. He lightly slammed me against a wall, his hand resting near my face and his other hand on his waist. The star just shot me a blank stare.

 

“What?” I questioned as my heart thumped so loud.    

“I never noticed how beautiful your eyes are…” he mentioned not taking his eyes off me one second.

I gulped, “W-what?” I stuttered.

“Your eyes… they shine like a thousand suns…” he added.

“Uh, thank you.” I uttered hesitantly as I was slowly gazing away from him.

 

What is happening to this guy?

 

Then out of the blue I heeded Yoochun’s soft chuckle. When I looked at him it got louder.

 

“Why are you laughing?” I wondered.

 

Miraculously Yoochun got all better. He kept glancing back at me as he filled the room with his laughter.

He bit his lips, “You should have seen your face. You were so red!” he made fun of me.

 

All I could give him was an offended expression.

“Oh, that was priceless.” He stated wiping the small tears that formed on his eyes.

 

“How? Y-you were drunk.” I muttered.

“No I wasn’t. I just messed with the both of you.” He confessed still laughing in between his words.

“I should really venture into acting.” He encouraged himself.

 

I frowned, “That’s not funny.”

“For you it ain’t but for me it is!” he still carried on.       

I grabbed the duster on his counter top and threw it at him. I hit his chest and he violently reacted, “Ouch!”

 

“Serves you right.” I stated and hurriedly left.

 

I ran to our unit and slammed the door shut. I placed my hand on my chest. Oh, dear… I think my heart is about to explode. He caught me off guard and even if the whole thing was just a joke, that feeling I experienced was… was… real. Though he had Soju breath and blood-shot eyes, his charm was just so strong that my heart could not help but flutter. Aish, Park Yoochun, you are one crazy guy!

 

~•~•~•~•~

 

“I’m still sleepy…” I yawned as I took a sip of my instant, lukewarm white, yes, white, coffee.

 

I slowly paced down the hallway with my coffee tumbler on my right hand and my other hand inside my coat’s pocket. A few steps more and I will pass Yoochun’s unit, as I neared I heeded the cranky door knob turn. Like a gust of wind a hand popped out and snatched my tumbler from me.

 

“Hey!!!” I reacted but the door suddenly closed, “My coffee!” I cried weakly banging it.

 

The door flew wide open and the star handed me the tumbler, which was empty. My coffee! My sweet, sweet, coffee! I felt like I died a little inside.

 

My brows met and my arms crossed, “Why did you drink all of my coffee?” I questioned.

“I ran out of coffee beans and I peeked out the hall way because I smelled the aroma of coffee. You had a tumbler on your hand, and so I tried hiding and well, took it.” He explained wiping the leftover coffee around his lips.

 

“That was kinda expensive! You could buy two regular sachets of coffee with one sachet of that white coffee.” I sobbed. I still not accepted the fact my coffee is now swimming in Yoochun’s stomach.

 

“It is instant coffee you know.” He scoffed.

“It was the only ‘luxury’ I could afford.” I reasoned.

“You poor thing.” The damned star rudely stated.

 

I threw at him dagger-looks and then walked away. I placed the empty tumbler inside my bag and went down the stairs.

 

The moment I came out, I vacuumed in all the fresh air I could get to calm my boiling blood. Hey, I know I might seem like I am over reacting but no one, I repeat, no one messes with my coffee. Mess with me but not my coffee. I sighed and then continued walking. Footsteps sounded behind me.

 

“Yah, Minah! Jamkkan man-yo!(Wait)” he shouted.

I did not dare look back and hastened my steps so he couldn’t catch up, but unfortunately he did.

 

“Where are you heading?” he asked like nothing happened.

“To the grocery they're having a big sale.” I replied. I was not finished releasing my anger.

 

“Where is your mom?” he asked.

“She got too tired of cleaning yesterday so I told her to stay home.” I answered in an abrupt manner.

“I’ll come with.” He invited himself.

 

I did not respond and concentrated on my walking.

“Hey, cheer up. It was just coffee.” The star uttered as he fixed his sunglasses.

 

I gave him the cold shoulder all the way to the grocery slash department store. By that time I already forgave him for his sin. Let me rephrase that, it seems too heavy. By that time my anger went away.

 

Early birds were already lined up at the entrance with carts alongside them. We also took big push carts and fell in line with the others.

 

“Do you really wait like this even before opening?” he got curious.

“Well, yes. You really need to be extra early if you want to get the good stuffs.” I explained.

 

He just simply nodded.

 

The star suddenly clicked his tongue and left me all of a sudden. He came up to about three teenage girls before us and talked to each one of them. They all had one reaction, a cute but sly giggle with a bit of head bobbing. The next thing I knew they all gave way and I went ahead of them in line. Yoochun waited for me at the spot where the last girl was and beamed at me with a matching gesture of his hand signaling'Come over here!'.

 

“What did you do?” I queried.

“I got you ahead in line… at least.” He pursued, “No need to thank me.” He arrogantly stated.

 

I was in the verge of ‘scolding’ him, but I was surprisingly happy we cut in line, sort of. I should be feeling bad but I am smiling at him right now. Weird.

 

Anyway I changed the subject, “So here is a list of things we need to grab the moment we get in.” I brought out my drafted list and showed it to him. Shockingly, he was paying close attention.

 

I told him that we need to split in order to get more things quickly and efficiently. Oh yes, these things should be well planned out.

 

“You can also drop by their clothes section; the items there are on sale too. That’s the place where I get all my outfits.” I told him.

 

“Oh, so that explains the cheap look.” He insulted.

 

“Yah!” I lightly punched his arm.

“I am just being honest here. Is that a crime?” he said.

 

Aish. When will he ever stop teasing me?

 

“The Hwandong grocery mart and department store will open in a minute.” The establishment announced via PA system.

 

We both halted and put on our game faces. It is time.

“Be really fast okay Yoochun?”

“Whatever.”

 

The establishment initiated a countdown, “…three… two… one… Go!”

 

The automatic sliding double glass doors opened and the shoppers all rushed in.

 

It was like tomorrow is the end of the world. These frequent shoppers acted like animals in getting the things they wanted. I on the other hand just went for what we really needed. I fetched juice bottles, a few boxes of instant tea, packs of instant ramen, nori and pickles for kimbap, a few gallons of purified water, to name some. Minutes of shopping has passed and I got all the things on my list so I proceeded to our meeting place and found Yoochun there waiting impatiently.

 

“What took you so long?” he uttered.

“What do you mean? How long have you been waiting?” I wondered.

“About ten minutes.” He answered.

 

“That’s not too long.” I stated.

Yoochun shut his mouth and began pushing his heavy cart to the cashier and I followed.

 

~•~•~•~•~

 

“Whoo! That was tiring!” Yoochun yelled as he stretched his arms sideward while grocery bags hanged on his hands.

 

I on the other hand carried the two small sacks of rice on my back and a few small bags on my hands. Why didn’t Yoochun carry it? His back was too frail to even carry at least one sack. I have been doing this a lot so I guess I am more immune to the pain. But still if he had a gentleman inside of him then he could at least carry the other sack, right?

 

On our way home I noticed Yoochun trying to search for something in the bags. He soon extended his arm and to my surprise he was holding a newly bought headband.

 

“Here, have this. Please always wear this so you won’t look like a messed up little girl with that unruly hair of yours.” He thoughtfully said.

 

I beamed at him, “How am I supposed to take that my hands are full remember?” I reminded him, and wait, "My hair is not unruly okay?"

 

“Oh.” was all he could say. Instead of bringing it back he tried with all his might to place it inside my bag. He had a difficult time though. He was holding tons of grocery bags.

 

Again I noticed him rummaging. He took out a small container of banana milk and struggled to place a straw. After that mini challenge he drank his way to happiness.

 

“Hey I want some of that too.” I cried out.

 

The damned star just looked at me and then carried on.

Sigh. I want banana milk too.

 

“Noona! (a term used by men to address to an older woman)” I heeded someone shout a few feet in front of us.

I was greeted by a familiar silhouette. As I came closer, I finally recognized the person calling me, or I think it was me…

 

The pretty boy has small eyes, fair skin, a fresh smile, and a youthful vibe. He came running towards us with a big SLR camera on hand.

 

“Noona…” he said, panting heavily.

“Oh, Sungjae, long time no see.” I stated, not sure about what I should feel.

 

Yook Sungjae and I went to the same high school together, even though we were born the same year, he still calls me ‘noona’ since my birth month is earlier than his.

 

He is famous with girls. Hands down, almost every girl wanted to have a date with him. The school heartthrob, or whatever you want to call it. Cliché as it might sound but he just captures the hearts of every girl. 

 

He shot me a charming smirk, “Noona, after a while I have finally bumped into you again.” He gladly uttered.

“Me too.” I just went along.

 

“Dangsin-eun yeojeonhi ​​aleumdabseubnida. (You are still beautiful)” he complimented.

My lips formed a plastered grin, “Sungjae you still know how to make a girl smile.”

 

Sungjae noticed the dazed Yoochun, “Who is the guy in sunglasses?” he wondered.

“Oh this is my friend…” I had a mini heart attack thinking of another name and fortunately the star answered for me.

“Minho. My name is Minho.” He introduced himself still arrogantly finishing his banana milk.

 

“Nice to meet you. I am Yook Sungjae, Minah noona’s… friend.” He bowed his head however as expected he ignored him. Sungjae was a bit confused but still had a plastered beam.

 

“So what’s with the camera?” I questioned.

“Oh, I am an intern at an internationally acclaimed magazine. I am an amateur photographer there.” He shared.

“Wow.” I was impressed.

 

“How about you noona?” he asked.

“Well… I, uhm.” I am pretty ashamed to tell him my job. Well we had no money for college alright?

 

“She’s a saleslady at a music store.” Yoochun a.k.a Minho revealed.

I glared at him and then looked back at Sungjae, “He is right.” I agreed without enthusiasm.

 

The pretty boy flashed a more polite smile and then saw the two sacks of rice I was carrying, “Ah, noona want me to help you with that?” he offered.

 

Before I could agree Yoochun, who just finished drinking his banana milk, stopped me, “I’ll take care of it.” acting all manly in front of my old friend.

 

I dropped the two sacks and the small grocery bags. The confident Yoochun then exchanges his bags with me. I tried to balance the weight of the bags. Sungjae stepped closer still offering his hand but I refused. He did help Yoochun placing those sacks of rice on his back and those small bags too.

 

I saw his face turn red and I just had to laugh. The two men then focused their attention to me. I halted, “Oh, sorry. Don’t mind me I just remembered something funny.” I excused.

 

When ‘Minho’ was settled, Sungjae bid good-bye. However before he left he asked my cell phone number and I openly gave it to him. Then we finally parted ways.

 

My eyes were drawn back to the damned star who is struggling to carry the whole thing. I put on an evil smirk and moved along. If he did not act so tough he would have remained carrying these bags on my hands.

 

We gradually made our way home. I carried the bags up first and then helped the star carry the sacks up our unit. My mom could not tolerate the exhausted Yoochun, so she invited him over to rest for a while. She gave him water and treats to eat. She even asked if he wanted to eat lunch with us. Oh, mom… you just can’t resist this man’s good looks huh?

 

~•~•~•~•~

 

“Good morning.” A random but kind passerby greeted me as I brought out the trash and I politely responded to him. I dragged myself towards this alley beside the apartment where the dumpster was. Upon entering I held my breath and carefully opened the metal bin and hastily threw in the black garbage bags. I ran out of the alley as fast as I could to grasp uncontaminated air-without garbage fumes-and knocked into a stranger. I excused myself for not seeing him there and made my way up the stoop, although this man stopped me.

 

“Pardon me miss but is there a Park Yoochun living in this apartment house?”

 

~•~•~•~•~

 

Author's Note:

 

Hello! I have finally updated 2 times in a month! Success to me! Anyway I knew Yoochun is a fan of miss A so I thought of placing their song there. Hope you like this chapter, it is pretty long and I wrote this in just a day! Although I will not be doing this again because my eyes got too strained, I have thick eyeglasses already, although it doesn't seem obvious, I don't want the lens to thicken further. 

Oh, and new characters! The suspense. XD Yook Sungjae is my new bias as of the moment. Such a cutie <3

I will proof read once I get the time! Thank you for reading! Comments are loved! <3 Peace out! :D

Cliffhanger!!! *killed*