Living Nightmare

Accompanying Sorrow
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona's POV

"That's exactly it. I'm not the person you knew. Things happen and people change. It's a part of life. The Yuri you knew died a long time ago. As much as I hate to in admit it, but she did! No one could've saved her; not you, not Jessi, not my parents, absolutely no one!"

What did she mean? Save her from what? Her words kept ringing through my head. I looked to the left and there Yuri sat. She was as still as a midnight's sky. I stared at her hoping to somehow understand her words and every meaning behind it. Sadly not a single answer came to mind, only questions.  

"Can you stop staring at me. It's a bit creepy..." Yuri shifted around.

"How'd you know I was staring?"  

"It may be dark but I had a feeling." She chuckled.

"Yul. What-"

"No." She cut me off before I can even begin to ask my series of questions.

"No? You don’t even know what I'm going to say?"

"Whatever it is, I'm not in the mood to talk."

"..." Is she serious? I sat there not knowing what to say. I haven’t seen the girl since I was 8 and she's not in the mood to talk? Best friends or not she's begining to piss me off.

"Listen. You've got a lot of explaining to do. Yul."

"As do you Yoong. Shouldn't  you be stalking Jessi or something. How did you get all caught up with Seungri? By the way how is she?"

"I don't know..." I pulled my knees towards my chest and hugged them. Just as I was about to forget about her Yul brings up her name.

"You don't know? That's hard to believe. You practically followed the girl around like a lost puppy."

"I said I don't know!" I felt her jerk back when I yelled.

"Alright relax. Sensitive topic for you?"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled. It's just... complicated."

"How complicated?"

"You don't even know the half of it."

 Flashback - One Year Ago

Loud music, drunken banter, and cars zooming was all I ever heard nowadays. After leaving my friends for good I've discovered a new life waiting for me. A life filled with nothing but alcohol to drown the pain away, drugs to get me through the day, and to keep me distracted. It became an addiction. At first I questioned why I gave up on looking for Jessi. But then I questioned why I hadn't given up sooner. I couldn’t help her just as I couldn’t help my best friend. I'm tired of losing those close to me. I'm tired of nothing ever going my way. I'm just tired of it all. What's the point in my existence? I only cause pain to those around me. My so called life is nothing more than a living nightmare that I can never wake up from.

Everyday, from dawn until dusk, I wandered the streets lost in thought. Once night hits I go to bars or nightclubs looking for company. I'd either go home with a guy or a girl trying to occupy myself until the morning rises only to leave them before their eyes flutter. If I didn't have any luck in finding someone, I'd drink the night away or get faded. It was a continuous pattern but I didn't give a damn. Wake up. Get lost. Get wasted. Repeat. That's how I lived. Days went by without a notice. I didn't bother keeping the day of the week or the hour of the day. Why worry about time when you’re already dead on the inside? Sooner or later your body would catch up and before you know it you’re buried beneath the surface.

Like normally, I went to a local club for my evening pleasures. For hours I sat at the bar drinking my sorrows away when I felt a tap on my shoulders. I turned around to see a guy with a smug smile.

"Hey babe. Are you here alone?" As disgusted as I was, going home with him was a better option than to be stuck alone with my own thoughts at home.

"Sadly yes." I continued sipping. He sat down beside me and ordered a drink for himself.

"Where are my manners. My name is Seungri." He stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Yoona." I said ignoring his gesture.

He seemed a bit shocked but continued talking to me. Our conversation was filled with nothing exciting, just simple small talk.

Please log in to read the full chapter