Tick Tock

Accompanying Sorrow
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona's POV

"Yuri..." Tears swam down my cheeks leaving me blinded. I looked down as I felt her wipe them away.

"Shh Yoong uljima... you know I don't like it when you cry..." She tried to pull me into a hug but I pushed her away. She glanced at me with a confused look.

"Yoong wae.."

"What...How-- where have you been all these years?"

"...I-"

Suddenly the door busted open and the hallway light exploded into the room, blinding the two of us. I looked up and this ape like person stood in front of the threshold. He, along with another guy—though not as intimidating, infact quite minuscule looking— intruded the room and yanked Yuri up.

"Come on. Boss wants to talk to you." Said the shrip-like fella; oddly enough, his voice was deep and did not match his appearance whatsoever.

Yul looked at me with sad, desperate eyes. "Yoong I'll talk to you lat-"

"Hurry it up will ya? The boss isn't a patient man." The men dragged Yul out and locked the door back up. Now all that's left was the misty darkness and the howling wind creeping in from the cracks on the wall. I sat down and leaned my back against the cold wall.

"This is going to be a long night..."

I closed my eyes, trying to escape this prison of a life. Sometimes I wish this was all a dream; and that oneday I would wake up and see Jessica, Key, and Yuri. We would play how we used to; hanging out by the cliff, exploring the nearby woods, going on picnics in the park, just living life. I guess it's safe to say I miss how things used to be.

Flashback

"Come on Yul!" I tried dragging Yuri to the swings with me but this kid was too busy messing with a caterpillar, poking it with a twig.

"Is this little guy sleeping?" She kept poking the creature until it flipped over.

"I think you just killed it..." I knelt down and examined the bug.

"Yea, you murdered it."

"I did not! It wasn't moving from very start." She pouted and just stared at the deceased.

"Whatever. You're a caterpillar killer." I got up and skipped towards the swings.

"I am not!" Yuri followed behind, dragging her feet with every step.

I sat on a swing and Yul sat beside me.

"You know, I didn't kill it..."

"Denial is always the first stage."

"I wouldn't harm a fly."

"Yea but this wasn't a fly."

"But I-"

"Just admit it."

"Admit what?"

"You poked the thing to death. You know, it could've had a family and you just violated its life with a twig. How would you like it if some giant came and poked you with a stick."

"Sooyoung alr

Please log in to read the full chapter