Fruit cake

From Tokyo, with love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

From Tokyo with Love
Chapter 27: Fruit cake

 

~Ryo~

Time really flies that fast, eh? Last time, I’ve been tapping my pen endlessly on my table, during our exams, because I’m having hard time answering them. For the last week of our class, I think I’m becoming and acting like Ellie: who just sits at the classroom and not listening to the teacher.

Actually, Ellie is a smart one, I’m not praising her because I like her, and it’s just my observation. She didn’t listen to our professors, yet she can pass all the exams or any other written tests. Oh, and the week before that, uhm...

** Flash back **

“I have something to tell you.” They look at each other’s eyes.

“Hmm. What is it?”

“I’m a ---”

“Ooh! Ryo! I remember, I have something to tell you too.”

“What?”

“Since you’re not going back to Japan, do you want to spend your Christmas break on our house?”

“Speaking of house, I thought you’re going home now?”

“No, I change my mind. I’ll just go there on after our exam. So...”

“So?”

“Do you want to come with me or not?”

“Yeah, sure. I’ll come. I want to meet your family too.”

“Nice. Okay, so what are you trying to say a while ago?”

“Oh... that... I forgot... Never mind...”

“You’re turning senile.” She laughed.

“I guess I am.”

** End of flashback **

The truth is I didn’t forget what I’m trying to say. Maybe this is not the right moment to tell it. Should I say it’s MISSION FLOP? 100% sure it is. NOW, I’m standing in front of their table, with a bowl of viand on both of my hands.

“Ryo honey, are you okay?” I blinked my eyes several times. I look on my right and her mother is looking at me curiously.

“Yes... uhm... mo--- aun---” I don’t know what to call her.

“Oh.” She giggled and smiled. “Just call me mom... Cause you’re going to be my baby’s future husband.” She winked. I felt embarrassed.

“And just call me, Dad.” Her dad suddenly came out of nowhere. But it feels good cause I feel like, I’m welcomed to their family. They really even threat me, as their own son.

“Pa...” Ellie whined.

What! Aren’t I really going to be your future husband?

“What? Mikee told me that.”

“Oh... that noisy cousin of mine. Where is he, by the way?”

“He said, he’s going to his friends’ house.” I answered.

“What? It’s already 9 in the evening! Noche Buena is almost coming!” she shrieked.

“Your cousin isn’t a kid anymore; he knows that you’re constantly waiting for him, before we eat Noche Buena.” Aun---, I mean mom said. I just nodded.

“Yeah, but we planned that we’re going to drink.”

“Okay. Just don’t get yourself too drunk. Your husband might be turn off to you.” Her mom warned with a smile.

Ma’am, even though she would do the most outrageous thing in the world, I would be nauseated at her.

I laughed.

“Ryo, why are you laughing?”

“Nandemonai.” I smiled at her while she gave me her trademark look: blankly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we eat, Ellie immediately gets the Vodka. I think that’s her f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter