Bitter flavored cherry

From Tokyo, with love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

From Tokyo with Love
Chapter 25: Bitter flavored cherry

 

Couple of days later...

Ryo wasn’t feeling good. Ellie forbid him to go to school. He wasn’t comfortable that Ellie would just go to their school alone. So he asked Anna to fetch her at their condo. As a loving and good friend, Anna fetched her at Ryo’s place.

“We’ll go now.” Ellie said, pulling Anna hands to stand up. They walked together, while Ryo just following them.

“Bye. Take care. Don’t go anywhere after your class.”

“Okay. You’re acting like my father.” Ryo stared at her. “I’m just kidding” She laughed and went closer to Ryo, and hugged him.

“I’m sick, you might catch my illness.” He said. She just giggled and waved her hands goodbye to him. They started to walk along the hallway.

“I even love your colds.” She said and the two girls just giggled. Ellie looped her arms around Anna.

“What did he do on your birthday?” Anna asked.

“You won’t believe it! It’s the best! SUPERB! Sweet. A night to remember. He arranged the roof top, with lots of balloons, music, table and chair of two; he even gave me bouquet of red roses.” She sighed. “Even though, it’s quite common, still it’s unique for me.”

“Sounds like you guys have fun.”

“Totally . Oh, Anna, by the way, thank you for the gift. I haven’t eaten it yet.”

“I hope you enjoy my BIG present to you.”

“Of course, I do. I LOVE YOUR GIFT: THE BIG PLASTIC BAG OF SKITTLES. I don’t want Ryo to see it, because I’m afraid he would eat all the yellow ones.”

They chuckled.

“You’re way too selfish.”

“Even though I like him, I still like my yellow skittles too!” she stuck out her tongue. The girls laughed in sync.

---

He heard his door bashing aloud. He opened the door and Ellie immediately touched his forehead.

“What do you feel?”

“I feel better now...” then he leaned forward and hugged her, “...cause you’re already here.”

She just smiled and hugged him back. As they released each other, he held her hands and led her in. Ryo sat on the couch, and covered his self with a blanket. Ellie sat on the floor.

“Have you eaten already?”

“No, I was waiting for you.”

“Pff. You don’t have to. What if I didn’t come home early, then that means you’re not going to eat?”

Ryo pouts and nodded.

“Don’t do that again, okay?”

“Hai.”

She stood up and went straight to his kitchen to fix their late lunch. He then cleared his coffee table.

---

“I’m so full. I’m so full. I’m so full.” Ellie kept on saying.

“Do you want some desserts?” he asked, as he cleaned the table. He went to the sink to place their plates.

“No. I’m so full that I can’t breathe.”

“Because you eat too much.”

“I can’t help it. I got hungry from sitting there and doing nothing.”

“Yeah, right.” He said rolling his eyes; he sat on the couch again, looking at Ellie.

“Oh, I remember. I have something for you.”

“What’s that? Another gift?” He smiled widely like a kid.

“Yeah.” She pulled her bag near her and plucked out an almost-as-thick-paper rim on her bag.

“Whoa! What’s that?”

“This is your reviewer, I compiled it for you. All of your subjects are here, because final exams are almost here, two weeks from now. Yes! And I’m so excited!!”

“Because break is almost near AGAIN?”

“Yup. Aren’t you excited?”

“Not as much as excited as you.”

“I see. You’re going back to Japan?”

“Maybe. I don’t know.” He shrugged and she didn’t answer. Suddenly her phone rang. She hurriedly get her phone from her bag.

“Who could this might be?” She said as she looks on her phone. “It’s an unregistered number.”

“Then don’t answer it, might be one of your stalkers.”

“Pss...” She giggled and continue, “stalker my .”

She pressed the answer button. “Hello? Who’s this?”

“It’s me Mikee.” said by the person on the other line.

“Mikee?! What?! Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter