iii

Black Paradise

 

R/N: I wanted to try writing in different perspectives so you could get a bit more information about what’s going on from each character’s point of view but I don’t know how much longer I can write in the third person narrative. It’s so difficult! T_T 

Byunghun's girlfriend!

And things pick up soon I promise! Enjoy the chapter, and comments are always appreciated~ ^^

(Chanhee POV)

Lee Byunghun. The name rang in his head as the trio walked to the vendor, only a ten minute walk from Changhyun’s house. Chanhee wasn’t as uncomfortable with this situation as Byunghun seemed to be. He supposed that Byunghun thought he was being subtle—the younger boy clearly disliked Chanhee’s presence. He had even go so far as walking behind him and Changhyun to avoid being in the middle.

It would have bothered Chanhee, if not for the little tid bit of information that he was able to pick up from their previous time together. The way the younger had held onto Chanhee’s hand for a moment too long, and looked right into Chanhee’s eyes. The way Byunghun defensively jerked his hand away and blushed. The way Byunghun had stared at Chanhee’s lips when he was hovering over the younger back at the house on the couch. Interest was there. He smirked to himself. He felt accomplished, for some reason.

When Byunghun cursed, Chanhee’s head snapped upwards again. He saw a black haired girl on the far end of the path they were walking on, accompanied by a shorter girl with brown hair. They were both stunningly beautiful, but that didn’t really matter to him.

“Byunghun!” He saw the black haired girl call, as she ran towards him. As she approached them, he saw her eyesmile as she ran into Byunghun’s arms. The brown haired girl just laughed, bowing politely to Changhyun and then to him, before giving a friendly wave to Byunghun.

Chanhee looked back to see the black haired girl’s arms wrapped around the younger boy’s neck, her head resting on his shoulders. He had his arms around her waist, but seemed as if he was purposely trying to distance them. Chanhee couldn’t help but notice how…unpleased the pink haired male looked.

And, he felt a twang of something—jealousy?—overcome him for a brief few minutes. He saw what he saw—Byunghun was attracted to him. But if that was the case…why was he hugging the other girl like they were together?

Hah. Like it matters. I don’t care, I’m straight he’s straight there’s nothing more to it. She’s beautiful. You’re not jealous, Lee Chanhee. Why should you be? You haven’t even known Byunghun for more than an hour!

“Oh, Chanhee-hyung! This is Miyoung noona,” Changhyun gestured to the black haired girl who was still clinging onto Byunghun, “and this is Taeyeon noona!” Changhyun jabbed his thumb to the brown haired girl standing to his right.

Chanhee had known Changhyun almost all his life, and never has he ever heard of these two girls. But then again, he hadn’t heard of Byunghun either. There’s a lot I don’t know about Changhyun, damn…

“It’s nice to meet you, Miyoung-ssi, Taeyeon-ssi.” Chanhee gave a slight bow with his head to both respective girls before his lips. He already hated them. He knew it was wrong to be so judgmental, he didn’t even know the two properly to explain why he hated them. Miyoung was too close to Byunghun. Couldn’t she see that Byungun was hating every moment of their embrace?

Chanhee bit his lower lip, eager for the moment when the two would just leave.

(Byunghun POV)

Put on a nice face.

Miyoung was three years older than he was. His parents and her parents knew each other from way back when, and decided four years ago that their children were ‘perfect for each other’. Miyoung and Byunghun had hung out more than a few times within their childhood; their parents were always together so in a way it was inevitable.

Byunghun never minded Miyoung. She was beautiful, nice and caring. Every night, she would text or call him goodnight, and throughout the day she would send him a series of messages, making sure that he was eating, that he was doing well. He tried doing similar things for her, but felt it was so unoriginal. There was an occasional time when Byunghun would send her roses, chocolates, the cliché presents a boyfriend gave to his girlfriend.

But Miyoung seemed to be content with whatever he gave her. She treasured his gifts, thanking him with a grateful eyesmile.

His feelings for her were more or less neutral. He wasn’t extremely happy with her, nor was he extremely sad. Of course he was happy that she cared for him so much, and was always sorry that he couldn’t show that same compassion. Byunghun appreciated her efforts, but something just wasn’t there. All he could do was see her as a friend, a friend that he took out on dates, a friend that he kissed.

Byunghun would often question why he bothered with his false relationship (as he called it), when he couldn’t show the same amount of feelings she showed. Was it because of his parents? Surely they would understand. They were laid back, and just wanted what was best for him. “Hwang Miyoung is a nice girl, Byunghun. She can keep you grounded. She’s studying medicine at the best university in Seoul. I have high hopes for her.” His father would always tell him. Yeah, he got it. Miyoung was smart. She had a bright future ahead of her. She was a good influence.

He chuckled half-heartedly as she ran up to him, hugging him tightly. It had been a while since they last saw each other—a week? She had told him that she had to study for her tests that were taking place at the end of the month, but promised a fun weekend after.

“I can’t believe I ran into you! I was planning on calling you later!” She exclaimed, slightly pulling away to beam a smile at him. He quickly smiled back at her, nodding. “I wish we could hang out, but I promised Taeyeon that I would go shopping with her,” Byungun apologetically stated.

 Miyoung pouted, furrowing her brows.

She likes affection and attention—give her that and you’ll have her wrapped around your finger.

He chuckled once again, poking at her pout before pecking her lips softly. “We’ll have plenty of time to spend time with each other, don’t worry noona. I have to go get food with Ricky and Chanhee, but I’ll call you later okay?”

Pulling out of her embrace, he sped up to where Ricky and Chanhee were standing. Taeyeon gave him a quick hug and a farewell before racing up to meet Miyoung.

“Byunghun, saranghae!” He heard Miyoung call it.

He bit his lower lip, a soft sigh escaping from his mouth.

“Saranghae.”