xviii

Black Paradise

A/N: I want to thank all the people who commented and told me that they liked this story! thank you so much you guys don't even know TT_TT This is part 1 of the vacation thingie. All the action happens in part 2, I think. Also, as a request from a few of my lovely readers, it's time for Byunghun to feel some jealousy keke~ I hope you enjoy this so far!~ And if you have any requests, please don't hesitate to make them, I'll try my best to incorporate it into the story!! 

“Is he up yet?”

 

Chanhee shook his head, yawning as he dragged the zipper of his duffel bag closed.

 

“Well, wake up him. We have two hours to get to Incheon. I’ll go wake up Mir. If I come out alive, it’ll be a miracle.” Woohyun snickered, taking a deep breath and dramatically making his way to the room he shared with Mir when the boys were over.

 

Nodding, Chanhee walking into the room he shared with Byunghun. The first step—turn on the lights. As the bright fluorescent lights flickered on, he heard Byunghun groan. “Byung, it’s time to get up.”

 

“Go away.”

 

“Yes, we’re going to go away. We need to get on a plane to go away. You need to wake up so we can get on that plane so we can go away. Come on, get up.” Chanhee shuffled over to the side where Byunghun was lying down, towering over him. Byunghun smirked, wrapping his arms around Chanhee’s waist and pulling him onto the bed next to him. “Stay.”

 

“Woof.”

With a smile, Byunghun snuggled his face into Chanhee’s neck, sighing at the warmth. Chanhee chuckled, rubbing the younger’s back. “Woohyun hyung’s going to kill us.”

 

“With what? His grease? The only thing he’s going to kill is his manliness.”

 

Suddenly, all thoughts and excitement about going on the trip faded into nothingness. Chanhee would be satisfied spending the rest of eternity with his boyfriend, talking about meaningless pleasantries, meaningful pleasantries, or even nothing at all.

Then he immediately shuddered at the thought. Ew. Lee Chanhee, get yourself together.

 

****

“Can you check the bag for our tickets? I feel like I’m forgetting something.” Woohyun groaned in frustration, rubbing the back of his neck and staring down at the tile floor, as if the answers would be written loud and clear on there. Changhyun sighed, feeling a bit irritated. “Hyung, I already checked three times. The tickets and passports are in the bag.”

 

Woohyun looked up at the younger boy, eyeing him questionably. “Are you going to be okay going on this trip? With Chanhee and Byunghun, it being their first trip together and all that?”

 

Changhyun huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. “Don’t bring that up, hyung. It’s hard to forget about it if it’s continuously being brought up.”

 

Woohyun opened his mouth to reply, when Byunghun stirred next to Changhyun. Changhyun was sitting on the sofa, a collection of bags laid out on the table, and the floor. Each bag was open, possessions falling out into a disarray, clothes tangling with each other, the straps of the bags intertwining with the other. With a sound that resembled a whimper, Byunghun turned in his sleep, resting his head on Changhyun's shoulder.

 

Changhyun froze, holding his breath. Woohyun smirked, using his pen to gesture at the two of them. "I think it'll be hard to 'forget' if you're going to be seeing it everyday for the next week we're on vacation, and possibly even after that." Woohyun then leaned close to the sleeping Byunghun, snickering. "You know, he looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. Doesn't at all resemble the devil he's like when he's awake, am I right?" With a hearty laugh, Woohyun walked down the platform to once again check his bags. 

 

How could Woohyun just play it off like that? As if Byunghun and Chanhee together was natural? And how was Changhyun supposed to forget every romantic feeling he ever felt for Byunghun when said boy was snuggling into his shoulder like this? 

 

"Is he done packing, Changhyun-ah?" Chanhee's voice echoed from the room he was in. Changhyun averted his gaze to the mess of bags in front of him, looking for Byunghun's stuff to confirm that he had packed. "I finished packing." Byunghun's drowsy voice answered Chanhee. 

 

"Aw, my poor baby. Come here." Changhyun looked with no pleasure whatsoever at Chanhee opening his arms. How good would it feel if Byunghun declined, and wanted to stay like this with Changhyun instead? Judging by how sleepy Byunghun seemed to be, Changhyun smiled to himself. But contrary to his belief, Byunghun got up, his eyes half open and stumbled clumsily over into Chanhee's arms. Of course. How foolish of me to expect anything different. 

 

“Frankly, that’s his own fault. That kid never sleeps.” Mir chipped in, looking up and cheerful, despite it being six in the morning. Getting Mir up was a chore on its own. A hurricane could be brewing around the city, and that wouldn’t even hinder him. How Woohyun got him up this early, and looking like he had just walked the rainbow, was a mystery.

 

Chanhee frowned, looking down at Byunghun. Judging by the even breaths, he assumed he had fallen back asleep. “Yeah. He’s in one of his phases again. I wonder how long it’ll be this time.” Changhyun added. Chanhee looked to him, confused. What phase? Was he bipolar or something—

 

“I caught a glimpse of what he was doing, yesterday night. When he was in the bathroom, I sneaked into his room and took a look at his computer. He’s got some sick beats laid out so far, even some lyrics. Maybe we should hook him up with a SM Entertainment representative or something. His work is damn good, better than anything those producers can pull outta their .” Mir nodded, a firm look on his face. He was being serious. Chanhee remembered Byunghun and Woohyun talking for hours on end about the song that they were producing a couple weeks ago. But what he didn’t know was that he actually took composing and writing seriously. So that was why he got no sleep, he stayed up all night producing something.

 

“Can we take some time to realize that we’re late, and if we don’t go now, we’ll miss our flight? Then we’ll have to book another, or, worse, road trip. Let’s go.”

 

****

The airplane seating arrangements were made last minute. In fact, they weren’t even really arranged. The boys took the seats as they walked down the aisle. Woohyun and Chanhee were seated together, Changhyun and Byunghun diagonally behind them, and Mir behind them. Chanhee had the window seat, which gave Woohyun plenty of opportunity to look Changhyun dead in the eye with a look of amusement. This wasn’t how Changhyun wanted the seating arrangements. How could he go 14 hours on a plane beside Byunghun,  this wasn’t helping his situation at all!

 

Changhyun had an aisle seat, and after making sure that Byunghun was still sleeping, whined helplessly to the elder. “Woohyun hyung, please, change seats with me. I can’t sit next to him!” Changhyun hissed, leaning his body forward to converse with Woohyun. Woohyun shrugged nonchalantly, a smirk on his lips. “This is going to be an interesting 14 hours. You’re lucky we’re first class, or you’d really be squished next to him.” Woohyun whispered in response.

 

Gulping, Changhyun leaned back against his seat, feeling his heart doing odd jumps. Byunghun has Chanhee now, I shouldn’t be feeling this way. I can’t. What’s the point? There is none. Just 14 hours. Wait, that’s not including the three hour stop at Finland. Then that’s at least 17 hours with him! Oh god. Oh my God.

 

“Changhyun, you okay? I can feel your distress all the way from here.” Byunghun mumbled, shifting in his seat. He adjusted his arm on the arm rest, his hand brushing against Changhyun’s accidentally. Changhyun widened his eyes, looking up at his hyung to expect some sort of reaction. But Byunghun was back to sleeping. This was wrong of him. He didn’t want to intrude on their relationship. These damn feelings just needed to go away. He was doing fine with them, until Byunghun left his four-year term girlfriend for Chanhee. It made it worse that Byunghun was executing skinship like this, which probably meant nothing for the boy, but stirred something in Changhyun that he would rather keep to himself. Besides, someday, he would be over all of this nonsense. Byunghun was taken, so why couldn’t he just move on, like any normal person would?!

 

Clearing his throat, he dragged his arms back to his side. He blinked rapidly, shifting back onto his seat so that he was staring straight ahead, at the huge screen on the wall. It was showing a movie, some American film. He tried real hard to focus on the pictures of screen, trying to forget about what had happened, what had been happening, so he could have just one moment of peace and tranquility for once.

 

But of course, that couldn’t happen. “This is driving me crazy. Changhyun, can you get rid of the arm rests?” Byunghun suddenly demanded, four hours into the flight. Changhyun had been watching the second film since takeoff, and was startled by Byunghun’s sudden request. “U-uh, yeah, sure, hyung.” Changhyun lifted both Byunghun’s and his own armrest. He was unsure how this would be any more comfortable, when he felt the other shift closer to Changhyun. Freezing, Changhyun remained in his spot, begging to any god up there that would listen for Byunghun not to do something that would drive Changhyun to the edge of insanity and back.

 

But of course, that couldn’t happen, either. Byunghun rested his head in the crook of Changhyun’s neck, his hands resting on his sides. Changhyun gulped again. He didn’t hate this skinship. The problem was that he liked it too much. Within seconds, Byunghun had fell back asleep, in this position. There was no way Changhyun could stay sane for another 5 hours like this. He sent a “psst” in Woohyun’s direction, but attracted the attention of both Chanhee and Woohyun, much to his dismay. He wasn’t sure why he was calling Woohyun, nor was he sure what he was going to tell him. Maybe it was because he didn’t want to seem like he was enjoying this as much as he was. But it wasn’t like the two would have known if he was.

 

“What am I going to do about this?!” Changhyun hissed, jabbing his thumb at Byunghun. Chanhee snickered, sticking his tongue out. “He’s a great cuddler. Nice and squishy too. If you try to move, he’ll reel you back to him like a Venus Fly trap, so just stay still until he wakes up; let my baby get his sleep.” Chanhee then turned away, which gave a chance for Woohyun to respond. “Yeah, let Chanhee’s baby sleep. Don’t try anything funky, Changhyun, I’ve got my eye on you.” He whispered to Changhyun, laughing quietly. Changhyun shot a glare. “I bet you’re enjoying that real good back there.” Woohyun said extra loudly.

 

With a mock look of anger, Chanhee whipped around, and eyed Changhyun. “You better watch it, Changhyun. Touch him and you die.” Then, he broke his expression with a laugh, turning back around. Woohyun raised an eyebrow, giving Changhyun a nod that screamed “That’s right, you heard him”.

 

This left Changhyun conflicted. He turned his head, and dared himself to look at Byunghun. Byunghun looked so peaceful, completely unaware of anything else around him. He was kinda cute. Changhyun’s eyes caressed Byunghun’s features, the way his brown hair naturally brushed the bottom of his eyebrows, the way he softly bit his lower lip, the way his shoulders would rise with each intake of air, and relax with each exhale. He found himself helplessly attracted to Byunghun’s lips, and the lip biting definitely didn’t help his situation. Subconsciously, he felt himself leaning forward, before he felt a hand on his shoulder. He shrieked, partly in guilt and partly in actual surprise, to see Woohyun standing next to him. Woohyun laughed, as Changhyun flushed red. Changhyun’s shriek had awoken Byunghun, leaving him fluttering his eyelids open and observing his surroundings in surprise.

 

“I think we need to change seats, Changhyun. You obviously have some difficulty in this seat.” Woohyun stated, force-ably lifting Changhyun off his seat and pushed him into the aisle, and sitting in his place. Changhyun gulped for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. He felt too guilty to sit next to Chanhee, and sitting next to Mir would be even more torture since Mir was seated right behind Byunghun. He picked the seat furthest from Byunghun, and settled himself there.

 

****

The plane stopped at Helsinki, Finland after nine hours of travelling. There, there would be three to four hours of stop, before boarding onto the plane once again and going seven hours to Pearson Airport in Toronto. From there, it was a seven to eight hour car ride to New York, their final destination.

 

Byunghun had slept for the entire plane ride, minus the shriek from Changhyun that woke him. Now that he got his much needed nine hours of sleep, he wondered what he was going to do for the seven hours to Pearson, and another seven hours to New York. 

 

Woohyun had spent the nine hours a tad bit worried. Changhyun had almost kissed Byunghun on the plane. It was sheer luck that Chanhee was in the lavatory at that time, or else all hell would have broken loose. He decided that he needed to have a stern talking to with the boy. There was no way anything would ruin this vacation--too much planning and anticipation was involved in it to be ruined. It was one week in the heart of New York, a chance for the boys to bond, have some fun, relax, and get their mind off of things. Woohyun was determined to keep it that way. 

 

Mir did indeed sleep for a majority of the ride. Near the end, the last three hours of the first half of the flight, he had resorted to watching Werewolf Boy on his screen. Completely oblivious to what had happened with Changhyun and Byunghun, despite being right behind them, he was excited for this trip. He had never been out of Korea before, more or less New York. And the fact that he was going with all of his friends added to his excitement. This was going to be the best trip of his life, he was sure of it. 

 

Chanhee didn't sleep much on the plane ride. He and Woohyun had talked through half of the first flight, until Chanhee had left to go to the bathroom and found Woohyun sitting in Changhyun's seat. "Changhyun needs some sleep, and Byunghun is to busy snuggling him to death." Woohyun explained to Chanhee, the lie rolling off his tongue. As if he would tell Chanhee what had really happened. For the rest of the first half of the flight, Chanhee played movies and games from his personal screen.

 

The ride was the worst for Changhyun, by far. The nine hours was just filled with soul consuming guilt. How could he even--How could he even do that, or think of doing that! Changhyun pinched his arm, trying to get himself together. He couldn't kiss him. He had promised himself that he would put aside this silly crush for this trip, convincing himself that a week of efforts to kill all feelings in his heart would amount to him being 100% over Byunghun. So far, it wasn't going too well. He thought of what would have happened if he had kissed Byunghun. How could he ever face Chanhee if he did? Or Byunghun, for that matter? Chanhee was his friend. Changhyun couldn't do that to him. I have to be more careful...I can't just lose myself like that. 

 

****

"You hungry, Chanhee?" Byunghun asked his boyfriend, scarfing down spaghetti from one of the restaurants at the airport. The boys were seated at a booth overlooking the runway for the planes. It was about four in the afternoon, the afternoon sunlight adding an orange glow to everything it touched. Byunghun was sitting in a position that directly hit him with the sunlight seeping through the windows. Changhyun couldn't help but stare at how...angelic the boy looked. So much for not losing himself. 

 

"Baby, everyone ate on the plane except you." Chanhee chuckled, slinging his arm around the younger boy. "Yah, slow down, you're going to throw that all up on the plane." Chanhee scolded, putting his hand on the wrist of the arm Byunghun was using to shove the noodles into his mouth. Chanhee took the fork from the younger, laying it back on the plate. With a napkin, he brushed it over the corners of Byunghun's mouth, picking up some red sauce that had stained it. "Use a napkin too, will you?" 

 

Byunghun snorted, grabbing the napkin and wiping his mouth clean, before leaning in and giving Chanhee a sweet kiss. 

 

Changhyun felt another wave of disappointment, and what he assumed to be jealousy, wash over him. With a sigh, he took out his phone and fiddled with it. 

 

"You two are cute together, I have to admit. I've taught you children well, mhhm." Woohyun commented. "I wonder how long it'll be until I get into a relationship, man. You and Chanhee got me jealous." Mir huffed, pouting. He looked with fake hopefulness at Woohyun. Woohyun, picking up this look, cackled. "In your dreams, village idiot."

 

"Will you visit me there? How romantic!" 

 

Chanhee laughed, his elbows on the table and his chin resting in the V-shaped hold created by his knuckles. "Hey, when are Niel and Jonghyun getting here? Didn't they say they would meet us at Helsinki?" Chanhee asked Woohyun. With a nod, Woohyun responded. "They're on their way. They have to pick up their transfer tickets." 

 

As Woohyun spoke of the two, they had just arrived at the Food Court. Mir waved at them like a madman, earning weird stares from the others occupying the area. All the boys greeted each other happily. The excitement quickly replaced the exhaust from the previous flight. "Byeongari and Grape! I see you two are attached at the hip--that's cute!" Niel clapped happily, taking a seat beside Changhyun who tried to force a laugh. 

 

Chanhee gave a sort of shy laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. "Isn't he adorable?" Byunghun asked no one in particular, tilting Chanhee's face toward his with his index finger and planting a kiss on his lips. Jonghyun groaned. "We didn't come 12 hours from Japan to see you two make out!" 

 

Byunghun pulled away with a grin, lightly pecking the tip of Chanhee's nose before looking to Jonghyun. After receiving eye contact, he looked to Changhyun, then back to Jonghyun, a smirk spreading across his lips. Jonghyun just shook his head, trying to contain a smile.

 

A/N: I KEEP ON TORTURING CHANGHYUN OH GOD. CHANGHYUN YOU NAUGHT BOY KEEP YOUR LIPS AWAY FROM BYUNGHUN >.< Guys, part 2 of this vacation is going to be epic beyond belief, I already have the plot line somewhat planned out. Jealousy, , fluff it's going to be something, so look forward to it! Thank you all for viewing, for liking the story, for commenting and subscribing it really means a lot to me T_T I HOPE YOU ENJOY. This chapter is a bit longer than my usual ones...do you guys like short chapters or long chapters???? I don't want to bombard you with stuff ^^;;;