xxiii

Black Paradise

A/NJust a short chapter, to explain a few things! ^^

 

 

"There's only one explanation for all of this." Niel said, blowing into his mug of black coffee and staring intently at it, as if it had the answers to all his questions. 

 

Byunghun gulped, occasionally looking around the cafe, and even out the windows to make sure that he was gone. "Yeah? And what would that be?" 

 

"Chanhee's insane, of course. He's mental. Maybe he has a split-personality disorder or something. Because that guy looked and talked exactly like him--what other explanation is there?" 

 

Byunghun blinked, staring at Niel. Split personality disorder? He doubted that. Did people with split personality disorder have inhumane speed, as well? Before Niel and Byunghun left the house, Niel had checked that each person was fast asleep, and Chanhee was on that list. He was sleeping. So how did he suddenly appear in front of Byunghun so quickly, and where was it that he had to go?

 

Keep being y, beautiful.I'll be back.

 

Byunghun shuddered. 

 

"This isn't real life. It can't be real life. This kind of things only happens in the movies!" Niel nodded, as if he was satisfied with his explanation. Byunghun rolled his eyes. "Niel, you saw him. You saw him." 

 

"Was it the same guy that hurt you?" 

 

"Yes, we've already been over that." 

 

Suddenly, Byunghun's phone started ringing in his pocket. The boy frowned; it was early in the morning, who could be calling him at such a late hour? The ID just said that it was a long distance call. Reluctantly, he picked up. "Hello…?" 

 

"Miss me?" 

 

Byunghun felt all the colour drain from his face. He looked to Niel, his heart starting to beat furiously in his chest. "Is it him?" Niel mouthed. Byunghun nodded. "How did you get my number? What do you want?" 

 

"You sure like asking a lot of questions, don't you? I'll be there in ten. And please, get rid of your big-lipped friend. He's such a distraction." 

 

The phone beeped, signalling that the other had hung up. "He's coming here, in ten minutes. And he wants you done…" Byunghun trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck. Just the thought of being alone with that…monster was enough to make him so uneasy he was ready to throw up. Niel gave him a look. "I'm not leaving you alone in here with that psychopath." 

 

"Niel, there are other patrons here at the cafe…I'll be fine. Besides, you have to go home and make sure he doesn't try to pull anything on anyone. I don't want to make him angry, so please, just do what he says." Byunghun pleaded, genuine fear in his eyes. Niel couldn't believe it. Byunghun never succumbed to anyone's wishes, if he didn't want to. He was always a free spirit, independent. Chanhee used to be the only exception to that…

 

Byunghun had a point. There were a fair amount of people here, and it very brightly lit, so the chances of him doing anything were slim. Or at least, Niel hoped. He didn't know why Byunghun was so adamant in following instructions given to him by a crazy wack job, but judging by how shaken up he seemed, Niel doubted that the both of them could get away with lying and telling Chanhee that Niel had left. 

 

"You give me a call if anything happens. If anything happens, got it? Don't let him do anything to you, fight back. Anything can be used as a weapon, heck, even throw a chair at him if it's necessary. Be careful, I'm coming to check up on you in half an hour." Niel warned. Now he felt like he was the older one of the two. 

 

Byunghun nodded and just shooed him out, putting his hands on his lap and his jean material. His phone was in front of him, and he occasionally unlocked it just to see the time. 

 

With not a second to spare, the boy came into the cafe exactly ten minutes later. He was wearing an all black ensemble, his white hair clashing harshly with it. There was that signature smirk. The boy sat himself in front of Byunghun. "You did just as I said. Good boy." 

 

Byunghun shifted uncomfortably in his seat. To think of it, Byunghun wasn't sure how he got persuaded into being here. There was just…a tone to the boy's voice. A scary tone, a one that sounded threatening, even if the boy hadn't used any threats in the phone call. 

 

"I'm going to let you in, and tell you what's going on. Lee Byunghun, I know all about you, and your life. I also know that I happen to resemble your cute little boyfriend, Lee Chanhee. Well, truth be told, I'm his twin, Lee Chunji. When his mother was pregnant, she was pregnant with twins. Identical twins. She knew that too, of course. After labor, she fainted, and I got taken away. When she woke up, the doctor's told her that only one of the twins had survived, and that's how she ended up with Chanhee, and I'm, well, here." The boy explained, twirling a loop connecting some keys on his index finger, sounding bored as if he had already told this a million times. 

 

"How do I know that's not a lie?" 

 

Chunji stopped his twirling and gave Byunghun a hard stare. "You want proof, pretty boy?" He got up, signalling for the other to do the same. "I'll get you your proof." 

 

Byunghun hesitantly got up and was immediately dragged out of the cafe, fingers digging into his arm. 

 

*****

 

The duo were at Woohyun's apartment. Chunji made Byunghun unlock and open the door. Byunghun made sure to cover up while he was punching in the keys. He was a bit worried; everyone was sleeping and the front door always made a horrible dinging sound when someone unlocked it. What if someone woke up and saw this? Whatever this was? 

 

Byunghun still had a hard time believing it. Chanhee had never mentioned a twin before. And for all he knew, this could be a giant lie. Chunji hurried past him, his footsteps making little to no sound on the hardwood floor. It seemed as if he already knew the apartment inside out, even though Byunghun never remembered him being here. Byunghun followed, discreetly shoving a filed pocket knife that was in a little basket on the kitchen table, along with some keys and coins. Chunji abruptly stopped in front of Chanhee's room. He gestured inside. "And there's the proof. Go check, if you wish. Your boy toy is still there, sleeping." 

 

Byunghun, with disbelief, walked over to the bed and peered above it. Like Chunji had said, Chanhee was there, sleeping. It was his Chanhee. Byunghun studied Chanhee's face, and then looked up at the doorway to Chunji's face. He stopped breathing for about two minutes, as he registered what was going on. Chanhee had a twin. Chanhee had a ing evil twin that looked exactly like him. Chanhee didn't hurt him. Chanhee never intended to hurt him. That night, at Changhyun's house, that had been Chanhee. Chanhee wasn't trying to hurt him. All that time Byunghun ignored Chanhee, purposely avoided him and refused to be near him…

 

Byunghun looked up again to see Chunji gone. Panic filled him as he rushed out of Chanhee's room. 

 

"Relax, y. I'm right over here." Chunji smirked, waving at Byunghun at the front entrance. Byunghun sighed in relief and walked on over, with a slight frown. "Okay, so you're a twin and you're evil. What do you want from me?" 

 

Chunji walked out the door, and Byunghun followed, gulping. There was no one in the hallways at this time, Chunji could pull anything and no one would know. Byunghun had developed a fear of being in enclosed or empty space alone, after being attacked by Chunji, and the fact that he was continuously being put in these situations didn't help. 

 

"What I want from you is my business, baby. You'll do exactly what I say. You'll do what I want, when I want it. You're going to be my personal slave. Should you chose not to, your boyfriend there will get killed by me. Slowly, painfully. And I'm gonna make you watch." Chunji plainly stated, as if it was that simple. "In other terms, do what I want and your boyfriend doesn't get hurt. And one more thing. This is supposed to be a secret, between the two of us. I mean, I guess you can tell other people, but I'll have to kill them after, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that." Chunji shrugged, biting his lower lip and brushing the hair out of Byunghun's eyes. Byunghun flinched and jerked back. His touch was so…cold. And menacing. He could feel it. 

 

"I know you brought your fish friend the other day we ran by each other in the alley. I also know that he knows something about this, more than your other pathetic friends. I should have killed him right then, but I was late for a meeting my boss, and you know how temperamental bosses can be, right?" Chunji asked, with a dry laugh. "So I'll keep him alive, for now." Then, Chunji sighed, shaking his head as he looked at Byunghun with feigned sadness.

 

"Another thing I know? You're going to disobey me and tell fishy everything. You think he's an exception, eh? Because I said I wouldn't kill him? Fine, do what you will. If he won't keep his mouth shut, I'll stitch it shut myself." Chunji warned, a smile on his face. "He won't be able to do anything about it, anyways. You're in my game now, Lee Byunghun, and I control you."

 

*****

 

Byunghun walked back inside the apartment, a blank look on his face. 

 

Everything was happening so fast. He had to do whatever Chunji told him too, or else Chanhee would get hurt…He couldn't tell anyone anything or else Chunji would kill them…And Niel had to keep the burden of this secret or else Chunji would kill him too…

 

Byunghun found himself wandering to Chanhee's room. It had been too long since he felt that warmth he adored so much. I'm going to forget what happened today for a little while. Just a little while, so I can keep myself sane.

 

Byunghun slid next to Chanhee on the bed, sighing contently at how familiar and safe it felt. He wrapped his arms around Chanhee's middle, burying his face in the crook of the other boy's neck. It felt too good, and almost helped him brush away all the memories of what just happened. He felt Chanhee stir a bit. "B-Byung?" Chanhee's voice was groggy and laced thickly with sleep. 

 

"Just hold me, please."