xiii

Black Paradise

R/N: My Ljoe is so handsome -cries tears of blood- The pic isn't mine by the way I found it on tumblr but I don't remember who I got it from T_T 

At around seven, Changhyun and Byunghun walked together to Woohyun’s apartment. They talked about a variety of different topics—about the song, what Byunghun thought of the boys, the weather, school, and their classmates. Changhyun was happy to even be able to talk with Byunghun like this. Even simple, meaningless conversations contented Changhyun. When Byunghun playfully put an arm around Changhyun’s shoulders, he could feel himself blush.

Woohyun’s condo was in an expensive neighborhood of the town, towering high above all the other building scattered around the area. The windows were tinted, reflecting lights from the lamps that lit up the streets, as well as those from other condos and stores.

When the duo had arrived, Chanhee and Mir were already there. Chanhee was arguing with Mir over what movie the group should watch. With the sound of the door being opened, Chanhee looked relieved. “Byung, Mir wants to watch Insidious. How ridiculous is that. Yeah, a child being possessed is so interesting,” Chanhee glared at Mir.

“You’re just too chicken to watch it! Byunghun, you don’t have a problem with it, do you?”

Chanhee and Mir looked to Byunghun as a referee to their situation. Byunghun looked at Chanhee, noting how the older looked a bit pale, biting his lower lip. Then he looked towards Mir, a glint of determination in his eyes. “Scary movie it is.”

Shortly after, Woohyun came out from one of the rooms in the spacious condo, his hair damp with a towel slung around his neck. “D’you two losers decide what to watch?”

“Insidious,” Mir flashed an evil smile at Chanhee. Chanhee groaned, plopping down on the couch.

Woohyun’s TV area was on a separate platform from the rest of his apartment. A flight of five stairs had to be walked to get to the area. The area had white marble walls and a white marble floor. A white carpet had been placed underneath the large 3-person sofa and the two separate one seaters on either side of it, all facing the direction of the whooping flat screen TV mounted onto the wall.

High tech speakers rested on either side of the TV. Changhyun took one of the one seaters. Mir took the other. Woohyun and Chanhee were seated on the sides of the larger couch. The only place Byunghun was able to sit was between Woohyun and Chanhee.

While Mir began working the DVD player, Byunghun stood in front of Woohyun. “Hyung, can you move over?”

Woohyun looked up at him in a moment of confusion, before nodding, preparing to shift to the middle seat when Chanhee grabbed Byunghun’s hand and sat him down beside him. “You’re sitting here,” Chanhee stated, still gripping onto the younger’s hand.

Byunghun stared down at their hands. “The movie hasn’t even started, you scaredy cat.”

Chanhee just grumbled, watching the black screen.

Changhyun stared at the both of them in disgust. He wondered how long he could pretend to be blind about them two. Sighing, he got up and turned off all the lights in the apartment.

The movie was decent, even to Byunghun’s standards. Mir would laugh hysterically at the scenes that were supposed to be a bit scary, which freaked Chanhee out to no end. Byunghun was constantly being gripped at. Even when nothing was happening besides music, Chanhee would curse and cover his eyes. Byunghun stared at Chanhee, both hands covering his eyes as his lower lip quivered. He couldn’t help but smile a bit at how cute it was.

He looked at the other boys. Changhyun was staring at the screen with wide eyes, his jaw dropped. Woohyun looked expressionless. And of course, Mir was grinning like a crazy sadistic maniac at the screen.

Byunghun, without thinking twice about it, grabbed Chanhee’s wrists with his hands and removed them from the older’s eyes. Chanhee looked at Byunghun in shock, opening his mouth to protest. “It’s just a movie, Chanaegi,” He teased, looking with amusement at the older.

“Still, this is ing creepy! Why would they make a movie like this?!” Chanhee hissed, purposely keeping his eyes away from the screen.

Byunghun realized how genuinely afraid Chanhee seemed to be. Chanhee was wincing, unable to shield his eyes since Byunghun were holding his wrists.

“Come here.”

Chanhee slowly found Byunghun’s eyes with his, confused at his request.

“I said come here, Chanhee. Quickly, before I change my mind.”

Chanhee scooted over to Byunghun, so close that their shoulders touched. The younger let go of Chanhee’s wrists after pulling the older to him. Byunghun placed Chanhee’s head on his chest, putting an arm around him. “Now, stop freaking out over what’s just a stupid story.”

Chanhee could feel his heart pounding uncontrollably. What was going on?

But he considered himself lucky. Burying his face in Byunghun’s neck, he snuggled up to Byunghun, his hands placed on Byunghun’s chest.