Chapter 8

In Blue Water

 

Baekhyun forced the swimming trunks he borrowed from Chanyeol off of his body and threw them onto the benches in front of the lockers.

 

I was just starting to like him and then he does this to me. Who does he think I am?! A toy he can play with?!

 

The water surrounding Chanyeol felt colder now. He didn’t think that Baekhyun would get angry over what he did. All he was trying to do was brighten up the mood since Baekhyun didn’t want to go into the deep end with him. Should he run after Baekhyun to make sure he’s alright? Or would that just make things worse? All these thoughts were travelling around his head, making him confused and upset.

 

I probably shouldn’t have done what I did…

 

Baekhyun started to head home after changing back into his clothes. He left Chanyeol’s swimming trunks just lying on the benches. He didn’t care anymore. He was angry…no, furious. Kai was still wandering around the building where their swim class took place and saw Baekhyun stomping out.

 

“Baek, are you okay? You look a bit pale.” said Kai, putting both hands onto Baekhyun’s shoulder to stop him from progressing any further.

 

Kai worried for his friend but wasn’t given any answer. He stood there waiting for Baekhyun to give him a sort of indication that he was okay but never got one.

 

“Baek, say something.”

 

Soon enough, Kai saw tears starting to roll down Baekhyun’s eyes. One by one. Even though it was awkward for Kai to let Baekhyun cry into his shoulder, he did it anyways. Baekhyun needed someone to cry on right now, more than ever. He didn’t know the reason why Baekhyun was crying but it didn’t matter to him. He only rarely saw the other cry and it was never this much either. Something happened which made Kai worried.

 

Who made Baek cry?

 

Kai ran his hand through Baekhyun’s hair, up and down. It helped to calm him down and made his crying soften.

 

“Do you want to tell me what happened?” asked Kai, patting Baekhyun’s back softly.

 

Baekhyun nodded into Kai’s shoulder, “L-l-let’s go to y-your house f-first.”

 

They headed over to Kai’s house and up to his room where they could talk privately. There was no one at home at that moment but he knew that someone was bound to come home soon. Baekhyun sat on Kai’s desk chair while Kai sat on his bed. Silence filled the room for a while. Baekhyun made many attempts to speak but his throat felt heavy and kept his words back. Kai noticed his many attempts and started the conversation first.

 

“Soooo, you didn’t come to swim class today…does that have something to do with it?”

 

“Y-yeah…a bit…”

 

“I know you might feel uncomfortable telling me about your problems since we usually don’t talk to each other about these things but talk to me Baek, I want to help.”

 

Baekhyun looked surprised that Kai was so worried about him; it made him feel better.

 

“W-w-well…our s-s-swim instructor is involved in this.”

 

“What?! What did he do to you?!”

 

“H-he was w-worried that I didn’t come to c-class today so he found me i-in the library. He a-a-asked me if I wanted to swim and I a-agreed. H-he ended up taking m-me into the d-d-deep end even though I didn’t want t-to a-a-a-a-and………”

 

Baekhyun stopped speaking and more tears started to form.

 

“Aah, I’m sorry Kai.” said Baekhyun, trying to wipe away his tears.

 

“Baek…You can tell me when you’re ready to alright? Just play some games for now…I’m sure your mom wouldn’t mind right now.”

 

He nodded in response and continued to wipe away his tears with his hands. Kai looked around for a box of tissues and handed it to him. Baekhyun took a few and blew his nose into it. Seeing Baekhyun cry because of something that Park Chanyeol did made him angry. He disliked his instructor before for flirting with Baekhyun, but now that he made him cry it was the end for him.

 

Baekhyun ended staying over that day. He had cried himself to sleep while playing games on his phone on Kai’s bed.

 

Kai decided to use Baekhyun’s phone to call his mom to tell him that he’ll be staying over today, “Yeah, he’s sleeping on my bed right now…okay…bye Mrs. Byun.”  

 

He hung up and put Baekhyun’s phone onto his night table. Baekhyun was sleeping soundly, his eyes were swollen and his nose was red. Kai couldn’t help but stare at his sleeping face.

 

Baek, I’ll protect you…don’t worry.

---------
T.T short chapter (wanted to add in some KaiBaek huhuhu~)
i'll try to write longer chapters for the next ones!
OH! Thank you for all the comments too! 
everyone is so kind TT^TT
i'm not worthy ;o
but really, thank you :D
and to those who subscribed as well ;D
<3