Chapter 17

In Blue Water

 

Jiyoon sat in her room in Chanyeol’s house. She smiled to herself as she stared at the picture she and Chanyeol took with each other recently.

 

“Oppa~ You’re mine now.”

 

She thought of what she should do next to make Chanyeol even more jealous.

 

“Ah! I should invite that ugly walrus to hang out and not invite him! Perfect! He’s going to be so jealous that the walrus gets to be with me while he doesn’t!”

 

She waited for Chanyeol to come back home. It took him a while though.

 

“Ugh, where is Chanyeol-oppa?!”

 

Her eyes peered out of the window, searching high and low for the male. There was no sign of him arriving anytime soon. Jiyoon took out her phone and dialed Chanyeol’s phone number. She waited for him to answer the call and after a few rings, the other picked up.

 

“Chanyeol-oppa, where are you?” asked Jiyoon.

 

Jiyoon could hear the wind blowing on the other end. Chanyeol was outside. She also heard laughter from another person.

 

“Sorry Jiyoon, I’m out with Baekhyun right now. I’ll be coming home later.” said Chanyeol, continuing to laugh on the other end with Baekhyun.

 

Jiyoon couldn’t believe it. That ugly walrus managed to spend time with Chanyeol even though she was the one who got hurt this afternoon.

 

“Oppa, I’m really hungry right now. Let’s eat dinner together.”

 

“Sorry, I already ate. Maybe some other time.”

 

Jiyoon was starting to get annoyed now but held back her urge to yell at Chanyeol. She had to keep her cute and innocent face on or else Chanyeol wouldn’t like her.

 

“Oppa, I think one of the students from swim class is stalking me. I saw a shadow pass by the window a couple of times already…”

 

 

She threw out a lie, desperate to make Chanyeol come back home and spend time with her.

 

“What?! We’re coming home now!”

 

Jiyoon hung up and rested her back against the wall, “I win this time, ugly walrus.”

 

Not long later, the doorbell rung and Chanyeol was on the other side. Jiyoon opened the door only to see Chanyeol and the ugly walrus standing in front of her. She did not expect the walrus to be there as well. Then she recalled what Chanyeol had said, “We’re coming home now.” She was too overjoyed that Chanyeol was coming back for her that she misheard the words and overlooked them.

 

Ugh, this stupid walrus ruins everything!

 

They stepped into the house and closed the door behind them. Chanyeol took off his coat and spoke up, “We didn’t see anything outside, maybe they left.”

 

Jiyoon threw herself into Chanyeol’s arms and pretended to cry into his chest. “Chanyeol-oppa! I was so scared!”

 

Chanyeol placed an arm onto her back and patted it, trying to comfort her, “Baekhyun’s going to stay over in case anything happens at night. Don’t worry now.”

 

Baekhyun removed his coat and placed it over his arm, “You said you were hungry right? I’ll make something for you to eat.”

 

No one would want to eat the food you make! UGLY WALRUS!

 

Jiyoon wanted to say that but if she wanted her plan to play out right, she had to hold it in. She swallowed the words and forced out a smile, “Thank you Baekhyun-oppa.”

 

Once Baekhyun left to the kitchen, she rolled her eyes at his back and gave Chanyeol a warming smile, “I’m going to take a shower first then!”

 

Chanyeol nodded and watched her as she headed into the bathroom. After she entered, he made his way into the kitchen where Baekhyun was.

 

“What are you going to make?” he asked, looking at all the ingredients Baekhyun took out from the fridge.

 

Baekhyun took out some lettuce and started chopping it with a large knife, “Hamburger steak.”

 

Chanyeol pretended to drool, “I want to eat too.”

 

Baekhyun turned around and pinched the taller male’s nose, “You’ll be fat.”

 

The taller one laughed and rested his head onto Baekhyun’s shoulder, “I’m excited, you’re staying over for the night.”

 

Baekhyun blushed at the thought of spending the night at Chanyeol’s house. Even though they weren’t completely alone in the house, they were for sure going to be alone in his room together. Dirty thoughts started to fly through his head.

 

He’s excited….excited……………………

 

His mind was filled with dirty thoughts.

 

Chanyeol…and me…inside…his room…alone…and he’s…excited…………………………………

 

Baekhyun glanced down at Chanyeol’s little friend. Chanyeol had bent down so that his friend was just behind Baekhyun’s buttocks. Viewing this scene made Baekhyun even more embarrassed.

 

What if he’s planning on doing that tonight!

 

His head felt heavy.

 

I’m not ready!

 

Chanyeol saw that Baekhyun was spacing out and placed a hand over his hand that was holding onto the knife. Baekhyun was shocked by Chanyeol’s movement that he whipped the knife up in front of his face and held it near the other’s.

Chanyeol stepped back, eyes widened, staring at the knife that was inches away from his face. “Baekhyun…”

 

Baekhyun noticed what he did and dropped the knife onto the kitchen counter. He placed his hands onto Chanyeol’s cheeks, checking if there were any cuts from the knife.

 

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to!”

 

Being the calm person Chanyeol was, he didn’t mind it and kissed Baekhyun’s forehead, “I’m fine. I’ll let you focus on cooking now.”

 

Baekhyun watched Chanyeol’s back as he left the room.

 

What did I do…I was being stupid…thinking too much…and almost hurt Chanyeol…I’m so stupid!

 

He continued on cooking, feeling depressed with the event that had just previously happened replaying in his head. After he finished cooking Jiyoon’s meal, he called her down and sat at the table with her. Chanyeol was upstairs doing his own thing in his room while they sat down, awkwardly with each other. The room was silent. Neither of them spoke a word. Baekhyun opened and closed the applications on his phone, glancing at Jiyoon once in a while. Jiyoon kept her eyes glued onto the meal in front of her, poking it and placing bits into .

 

I’m surprised this actually tastes good. Ugly walrus sure knows how to cook…

 

She kept poking her at her food until she remembered her plan.

 

“U-umm…” she mumbled, catching Baekhyun’s attention.

 

Baekhyun looked up at her, eyes focused. Jiyoon swallowed. She was nervous even if she was just using him.

 

“U-u-um…so, after our swimming class next week…d-do y-y-you…um…do you want to watch a movie with me?”

 

She could feel sweat droplets form on her forehead. It was never this hard when she asked Chanyeol out. Baekhyun was startled by her sudden invitation. “U-uh…sure.”

 

Jiyoon sent him a smile, “We’ll talk more about it when the day arrives. You don’t have my number right?” She took a hold of Baekhyun’s phone and entered her number into it. She messaged herself so she could receive Baekhyun’s number, “I’ll text you then, okay?” Baekhyun nodded and stared at the number.

 

She’s not too bad after all.

 

Jiyoon stared at her phone, eyes scanning the new number in her contacts.

 

Stupid walrus.