Chapter 19

In Blue Water

 

The next morning Chanyeol woke up with a good night’s sleep. He looked over at Baekhyun and saw that his eyes were red and wide open.

 

“Baekhyun, are you okay?” he asked.

 

Baekhyun turned over on his side to look at Chanyeol. He blinked a couple of times to water his eyes before answering Chanyeol.

 

“Y-yeah…”

 

Chanyeol moved in closer to examine Baekhyun’s face. “You look like you didn’t get any sleep. Sorry, is my bed too hard for you?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head. Chanyeol ran his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair and left a light peck on his cheek. “Try to get some sleep now.”

 

He left the room leaving Baekhyun lying on his bed, blushing. He started squirming underneath the blankets. “Ahhh, Byun Baekhyun, you really are stupid aren’t you?”

 

He closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep once again. That whole night he had been trying his best to sleep but having Chanyeol beside him didn’t help at all. Baekhyun wondered what he would look like in the morning. Would he look nice after that night or would he look like a monster that lived in the mountains? He got up from the bed and went over to the mirror in Chanyeol’s room. His reflection showed a red eyed monster. Baekhyun’s eyes were red from the lack of sleep, his eye bags were blacker than before, and his hair was sticking up from everywhere possible.

 

Did I really show this to Chanyeol?! HOW EMBARRASSING!!! I’VE NEVER EVER LOOKED SO BAD IN MY LIFE!

 

He quickly ran to the bathroom in the hallway to clean himself up only to see Jiyoon already there.

 

“Well look at what we have here. What crawled out from underneath Chanyeol-oppa’s bed?” laughed Jiyoon after seeing Baekhyun’s morning look.

 

She moved aside to let Baekhyun use the bathroom as well, letting him brush his teeth beside her.

 

“Not a good night? Were you afraid that Chanyeol-oppa was going to attack you at night?” she asked.

 

Baekhyun brushed his teeth, ignoring Jiyoon’s question. He wasn’t in the mood for that right now. He needed to get himself fixed up before Chanyeol would come back to check up on him. Jiyoon finished brushing her teeth and started to wash her face. She usually had some light make up on even though she was still in middle school. She wanted to look more mature and older for Chanyeol’s sake. Baekhyun admired her for that. He also wanted to look better for Chanyeol, but instead he woke up looking like this in front of him. Jiyoon’s face was bare and flawless. Baekhyun’s eyes ran over her wet face, envying her flawlessness. He looked in the mirror and saw that his face wasn’t too bad, but it wasn’t as baby soft looking as Jiyoon’s was. He couldn’t help himself and decided to ask her what products she used.

 

“What kind of products? Mmm, I use whatever I can find at The Face Shop. It’s nearby my school so I go there often. I could show you sometime if you would like.”

 

“Really? Thanks…I just saw that your skin was flawless so I was just wondering…” Baekhyun started to feel embarrassed after asking. He had just asked a girl what products she used. It was something that guys don’t do often.

 

Jiyoon moved her hands near Baekhyun’s face and cupped her hands with it. She ran her fingers up and down his cheeks. “Your skin is quite nice too. A little bit rough but no acne. Here feel mine.”

 

She took Baekhyun’s hands and put it against her face. Chanyeol was coming up the stairs when he saw Baekhyun’s hands on Jiyoon. He froze right there, watching everything. Jiyoon was smiling and Baekhyun was smiling as well. The scene hit Chanyeol’s heart with a sharp pain. It felt like he heart had just been stabbed by a thousand knives.

 

They’re…perfect together…

 

He could feel the jealousy form inside of him as he continued watching. His legs started to move down the steps of the stairs, doing their best to make Chanyeol stop viewing the scene before him.

 

“My skin is probably softer because I’m younger. We could go check it out later today if you want, and watch that movie too.”

 

“That sounds good.”

 

Jiyoon left with a smile and headed back to her room. Baekhyun stood in front of the mirror and let his hand run against his cheek.

 

Jiyoon doesn’t seem to mind me now. How nice of her.

 

Jiyoon closed her room door behind her and started laughing like a mad woman.

 

“Ahah! Chanyeol-oppa saw what happened~ He’s probably so jealous that the ugly walrus got to touch me and not him. Fufufu, oppa~ you’re slowly becoming mine!”

 

After getting ready, Baekhyun went back into Chanyeol’s room. He looked around for the water bottle that Chanyeol had given to him when he got there. He didn’t remember what the bottle had looked like so he searched around. He found a bottle with a clear looking liquid inside of it on Chanyeol’s desk. Thinking it was water, he gulped it down before heading downstairs to Chanyeol, seeing that he was making breakfast for them. He skipped over to his and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s waist. Chanyeol whipped his head back, surprised after the sudden movement.

 

“A-Ah, Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun wrapped his arms tighter around the taller male and rested his head on his back. Seconds after, he started to act as if he was drunk; doing things he never would’ve done if his mind was focused. Baekhyun started to move his face up closer towards Chanyeol’s neck, sniffing his scent along the way. Once his lips were near the taller male’s neck he let his skin brush against it, sending shivers of excitement down Chanyeol’s body. Chanyeol turned his head to look at Baekhyun only to meet a pair of baby soft lips. Baekhyun had pressed his lips against Chanyeol’s, pushing him into a deep kiss. Baekhyun pushed his body against the wall with all his strength, continuing their kiss while he was at it. Deepening their kiss more, Baekhyun stuck his tongue into the taller male’s mouth, exploring every inch of it. Chanyeol let their tongues touch and then tasted something that tasted like alcohol. Baekhyun was drunk and was losing his mind. Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun off of him and moved away from the drunk.

 

W-What d-d-did I just let him do? I-I just…

 

Baekhyun fell to the ground and hit his head onto the kitchen cupboards. He fell into a deep sleep while Chanyeol was confused and worried.

 

I-I…I can’t believe what I did…I joined in on it…I took advantage of him…

 

Chanyeol stepped back into the kitchen and saw Baekhyun sleeping against the cupboards. He lifted him up and brought him back to his room, laying him on his bed. Chanyeol sat next to the sleeping drunk and brushed his hair with his fingers. Jiyoon walked in to see what happened. All she saw was Chanyeol who was mouthing the words “I’m sorry” while running his fingers through the sleeping male’s hair.

 

“Oppa, what happened?” Jiyoon asked using a quiet voice, trying not to wake Baekhyun up.

 

Chanyeol turned to look at her and shook his head. Jiyoon noticed that there was pain in his eyes but she didn’t know why. She stepped into the room and threw her arms around Chanyeol’s neck, burying her face into her oppa’s back.

 

“It’s not your fault.” She whispered, not knowing what had happened between them.

 

What happened to Chanyeol-oppa? What happened with the ugly walrus? What happened between them to make Chanyeol-oppa like this? Ugh, ever since this ugly walrus came, nothings been going well. He needs to stay out of Chanyeol-oppa’s life. He needs to leave. If it were me, I would never leave a pained expression on oppa’s face. Chanyeol-oppa should be happy. He would be happy with me and not with this walrus.

 

Chanyeol took her arms off of him and motioned her to leave the room. He got up and left the room with her, wearing that same pained expression.

 

“Oppa, let’s go somewhere after we eat breakfast!” said Jiyoon, trying to make the atmosphere lighter.

 

Chanyeol shook his head and headed down the stairs towards the door. He slipped on his shoes and started heading out the door.

 

“I need some time alone right now.” He said, leaving a fake smile behind.