Chapter 16

In Blue Water

 

Baekhyun and Jiyoon started to head back to Chanyeol’s place. Baekhyun held onto her arm to help comfort her.

 

“Are you feeling better now?” he asked.

 

Jiyoon turned to look at him. Many thoughts ran through her head.

 

Doesn’t he hate me? Why is he being so kind?

 

“Y-yeah…I’m better now. Thank you.”

 

Baekhyun gave her a small smile and continued holding her until they arrived at Chanyeol’s place.

 

“I’ll be fine now. You can go back.” said Jiyoon, entering the house.

 

Just when she was about to close the door, Baekhyun stuck his hand in between and held it open.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Jiyoon nodded, confused about why Baekhyun was doing all this for someone like her. Baekhyun finally believed her and started heading back. Jiyoon closed the door. Her head felt heavy after what just happened.

 

T-that ugly walrus…

 

There was only 20 minutes left of class. Chanyeol did his best to not let his mind wander, but it was hard to, knowing that Jiyoon and Baekhyun were together…alone. When Baekhyun made his way back into the pool, Chanyeol felt a huge weight lifted off of his chest. He should be worrying about Jiyoon, but instead he worried for Baekhyun.

 

“W-w-welcome back.” he murmured.

 

The class continued with them diving down to the bottom of the pool. Chanyeol still couldn’t get his mind off of what happened, even though much time passed.

 

“B-baekhyun…nothing happened with Jiyoon right?”

 

Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a confused look, “Let’s talk about it later. Class is still going on.”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t wait at all. What if something really did happen with Jiyoon. What if Baekhyun fell in love with Jiyoon! Chanyeol smacked his head a couple of times and put his mind back onto the swimming class. After a long 20 minutes, the class finally ended and Chanyeol was able to hear what Baekhyun had to say. He changed into his casual clothing quickly and waited for Baekhyun outside. Baekhyun came out with half wet hair, wearing a warm winter jacket to protect him from the cold. Chanyeol rushed over to him and stuck close to his side. “Sooo…nothing happened right?”

“I just took her back to your place. I asked her if she was okay, she said yes so I came back.”

 

It was hard for Chanyeol to believe what the other had said. For the time that they were gone, all he had in mind was that Jiyoon seduced Baekhyun with her cute charms and Baekhyun fell for her.

 

“Are you sure?” Chanyeol asked, trying to make his heart feel better.

 

“What, you don’t believe me?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head rapidly, “No! I believe you!”

 

Baekhyun took a hold of Chanyeol’s hand and held it in his. He sent him back a warm gaze and smiled, “I only like you.”

 

The two stopped walking and stared into each other’s eyes. On this cold winter day, the warmth coming from the both of them felt like the sun. Chanyeol’s heart was relieved after hearing the shorter male’s words. There was no more pain inside his heart. Chanyeol leaned in closer to Baekhyun’s face, aiming for his lips. Baekhyun stood there, wondering what the taller, but younger male was going to do. His lips were frozen in place, cold, but soft. Soon Baekhyun felt something soft press onto his lips gently. Chanyeol had given him another kiss that warmed his body. Baekhyun closed his eyes and let the kiss get to him. In this cold winter afternoon, two males stood in the middle of the road, sharing their warmth with each other.

 

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

“So how is it going with you and the instructor?” asked Kai with his eyes glued onto the computer screen.

 

Baekhyun took a quick glance at Kai and back to his screen, “No idea what you’re talking about.”

 

“Oh come on, we’ve been friends for years. I’m not dumb you know.”

 

“Yeah, we’ve been friends for a long time. Even I noticed it.” said Sehun, eyes glued to his screen as well.

 

“Nope, don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“We saw you guys being all lovey dovey in the middle of the road yesterday.” said Luhan, playing with his Rubik’s Cube like usual.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened. This could not get any more awkward for him right now. His friends had seen him holding hands and kissing with Chanyeol. He swallowed the saliva in his mouth and pursed his lips, “You guys………..”

 

They all stopped what they were doing and stood around Baekhyun.

 

“I’m sad that you didn’t tell us the good news.” said Kai.

 

“Yeah…I always thought we were the friends who would play games and tell each other secrets.” said Sehun.

 

Luhan gave Baekhyun a pat on his shoulder, “It’s okay, our little boy is finally growing up now.”

 

Kai wrapped his arms around Baekhyun and pretended to cry. “Don’t leave us!”

 

Baekhyun flicked Kai away and glared at everyone, “I’m not going anywhere. We’ve only been dating for a few months…nothing much.”

 

“Oh, doesn’t Chanyeol have a girl staying over at his house too? I saw some girl come out of the house with a guy, brother maybe?” said Kai, going back to his game.

 

Sehun took the Rubik’s Cube from Luhan’s hands and started playing with it while Luhan played on the computer, “Chanyeol’s not cheating on you right?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head, “No, they’re siblings. They’re having family problems so Chanyeol let them stay at their place.”

 

“Aren’t you afraid that she’s going to steal Chanyeol away from you?” Kai asked.

 

Baekhyun never felt this before. His friends were actually worrying for him for once and not burying themselves into their games. Even if they were still focused on their games, their ears were all Baekhyun’s.

 

“I don’t know…these days she’s been kinder to me so I don’t really mind.”

 

“YES! LAST LEVEL! We’re here for you if she does anything stupid, alright?” said Kai, still focusing on his game.

 

“Yeah, thanks…Kai…Sehun…Luhan-hyung…thank you.”