Chapter 2

In Blue Water

 

After getting dressed and ready, he made his way over to Sehun’s house and waited for him to answer the door. He could hear the game they were playing from outside the door. His body tingled at the excitement of being able to play his game…until he realized that he might not be able to play it because of the other two.

 

“Hurry up and open the door, Sehun!” shouted Baekhyun getting impatient as each second ticked by.

 

Sehun took his time and headed towards the front door to open the door for Baekhyun. He let Baekhyun step inside his house and locked the door behind them. Baekhyun headed for Sehun’s room where the others were. Luckily enough, Luhan was playing with his Rubik’s Cube rather than playing on the computer. He quickly rushed over to the computer before anyone else could and started to load the game.

 

“Luhan-hyung, you’re not playing?” Baekhyun asked.

 

The older male just sat on the ground next to Sehun and shook his head, “I’m trying to beat my record.” he mumbled as he continued to turn the cube.

 

Hours passed by and Baekhyun remembered that he forgot to tell Sehun why he was here. Since Sehun didn’t bug him at all about it, he left it alone and let his mind wander back into the game. They were all silent and only the game’s sound could be heard. Luhan stayed by Sehun’s side the whole time and Kai was surfing the net on the other computer. Soon enough, Baekhyun’s phone started to ring and the only one who bothered to notice was Kai.

 

“Baek, your phone is ringing.”

 

“Yeah…okay.”

 

Ignoring the phone call, he continued playing his game until the person kept calling again and again. He answered the call as he continued to play his game.

 

“Uhh, hello?”

 

“BYUN BAEKHYUN! YOU’RE AT SEHUN’S HOUSE PLAYING GAMES AREN’T YOU?!”

 

It was his mom and she was infuriated.

 

“Aaah, no mom…I’m at Sehun’s house watching a movie with Kai and Luhan-hyung.”

 

His lips trembled as he waited for his mom to speak. Every second that passed by made him feel like he was losing 10 years off his life.

 

“I can hear your game’s music through the phone. That’s it! Come home right this minute!”

 

The phone beeped as the call ended. Baekhyun dropped his head and pretended to smack his head against the computer desk. He logged off his game and said his goodbyes to the others as he left for home. The sunlight shone and the cool summer breeze blew. Sounds of little kids running around could be heard from a few feet away. Baekhyun listened to their shouts of happiness and envied them.

 

Playing outside is the same as playing inside isn’t it? They’re all the same…

 

The keys that were in his pocket jingled as he took them out to open the door. He had to prepare for the worst now. Knowing that his mom was behind the door in front of him sent shivers down his spine. The fear of having his mom yell at him kept him from opening the door, but he knew he had to face her soon enough. Slowly, his hand made his way to the door knob and he slowly made his way into the house. Before he even realized it, his mom had been waiting for him by the stairs to the second floor of their home.

 

“Follow me.” she said with an angry tone in her voice.

 

Baekhyun did as he was told and followed his mom into the kitchen. They both sat down by the table and sat in silence until his mom slammed a sheet of paper in front of him. His eyes ran over the sheet reading every word.

 

Swimming lessons? Whaaat?!

 

 “You’ll be taking swimming lessons starting next Saturday.”

 

“What?! Why?!” he responded.

“Instead of playing games you should go out and exercise your body. But since I know that you won’t do that, I’ve enrolled you into this swimming class.”

 

“But!”

 

“No buts. I warned you since last month. Today was the last straw. You will attend this class every Saturday until I can see that you have stopped playing your games as much as before.”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t seem to form any words. His mouth turned dry and his mind went blank. It’s true though. His mom did give him enough chances to change himself but he just decided not to listen to her warnings. Even though he knew his mom was just doing all this for him, he still felt angry inside. Leaving his mom at the table, he stormed up to his room and slammed the door. Though he could’ve thought of much more things, the only thing on his mind was…

 

Why swimming of all things?