Dream 09: Shi Dae Organization System

Dreams of Red Snow

Blood flowed from Jessica’s shoulder. A knife stained with the same substance was sticking from the ground. Brown eyes reveal an inexplicable expression as they stared at the still open wound.

The Deohyeo was on his knees, successful at his safe landing after the attack. With the sweet scent dispersing around the area, his dark eyes couldn’t darken any further. He was about to go near the wounded girl but, he stopped. He looked at his teacher, his opponent.

“How… dare… you…” His teacher spoke with anger. His eyes widened at the voice’s tone. His darkened eyes slowly turned lighter. He blinked his eyes as they returned back to their old brown.

“Ms. Hw-” He didn’t finish as a punch landed on his jaw. The force was so strong that he fell backwards a couple of yards. He winced at the pain, touching his jaw to soothe the pain only to find his blood staining his hand. He looked back at his teacher who was not looking at him, her eyes closed.

“How dare you…” She said once again with a tone that was even deadlier than the first one. It contained so much anger that it surprised him. Through his years of being taught by this person, he had never heard her speak like that.

“I- I’m sor- Ms. Hwang!” He couldn’t finish his words as he felt his bones dripping with fear. Finally, Tiffany raised her head at him, causing him to freeze. He watched as those one brown eyes turned blood red.

“Hurting me, disrespecting me… I would let it go… I would let it pass.” She paused as she raised her hand to the sky. Dark clouds cluster together along with a thunderous cry.

“But hurting her…” 

Cling! Cling! At the sounds, a familiar sword came flying over and resting itself on Tiffany’s hand. She gripped it tightly that her knuckles were white. Her blood red eyes fired up, a red aura wrapping around her hands, staining the sacred sword. She pointed her sword at him, adopting an offensive position.

“You’re asking for a death wish!” Tiffany shouted as she charged at him. Chanyeol was still frozen as he stared at those blood red eyes. He felt the blade pierce him at his abdomen. Tiffany ruthlessly raised the sword so it forced him to stand up.

“Agh!” He shouted at the pain as the blade continued digging deeper in his body. His blood dripped down on the sacred sword.

“Ms… Hw… an…g…” He tried speaking to her but the dull velvet in her eyes prevented her from understanding anything. She raised her feet to kick and slide him off the sword, letting his body drop on the ground. He coughed blood to the side as he felt his whole body ache.

Tiffany raised the sword again, thinking of ending his life with a slash. Her eyes flashed again before the sword turned cinnabar. Chanyeol looked up at her with pleading eyes. Her fangs bared themselves.

“You… you… you useless student!” Something clicked. He raised his hands to cover himself at the incoming attack that could end his breath.

None.

Nothing happened. Seconds continued to pass. He finally decided to see what happened. In front of him was the person who he had just attacked. His eyes widened before the fatigue washed over him and he lost consciousness.

The sacred sword had vanished from Tiffany’s hand, nowhere to be seen, leaving a trail of snow on the ground, slowly melting.

“Tiffany?” Jessica’s voice was weak and unsure as she called her. Tiffany was still not looking at her. It seems that her gaze was still fixed at the Deohyeo but her movements have halted.

“Tiffany?” Jessica called again, this time her voice was louder. She internally sighed in relief when Tiffany’s eyes focused on her. She raised her hands to caress Tiffany’s cheeks.

“Je…ssi…ca…” She heard Tiffany say her voice.

“I’m okay. It was just a scratch. Don’t kill him.” Her voice was soft and calming as she closed her eyes, trying to connect with Tiffany somehow.

“Jessi…” Tiffany called again.

“Don’t kill him. I… I…” Jessica paused trying to slowly gather her thoughts. A familiar voice rang in her mind. ‘There is no such a thing as something in this world that is useless.’

“There is no such a thing as something in this world that is useless… right?” She opened her eyes when she felt wetness on her hands only to find that Tiffany was crying, looking at her with her warm brown eyes. She was about to say something when she was pulled in a tight embrace. She was a bit surprised but she returned the embrace right away.

In a few minutes, she felt Tiffany lean onto her. Jessica managed to keep the girl up until she was able to position them in a sitting position.  Tiffany had fallen asleep.

“Jessica!” She looked up at the source upon the call of her name to find Taeyeon.

“What happened? Are you two alright?” Taeyeon landed next to her with a worried expression.

“Tiffany just fell asleep after fighting with those three.” Jessica said, pointing to the three unconscious and beaten up Deohyeo in the block.

“That’s Tiffany. How about you? Why are you bleeding?” Taeyeon asked, looking at Jessica’s shoulder.

“Ah, one of them threw a knife at me and well, here.” Jessica said as she allowed Taeyeon to look at it better. Suddenly, a van pulled up. Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun appeared from the car.

“What happened?” Sunny asked, looking at an unconscious Tiffany, with Taeyeon and Jessica, and the other three Deohyeos in the area.

“It looks Tiffany got into a serious fight.” Taeyeon said as she helped Jessica carry Tiffany to the van. Once Tiffany was in the van, Jessica moved to get out but Tiffany held onto her.

“Just stay in there until we get her back home. We’ll be going in a bit.” Taeyeon said as Jessica sat near Tiffany inside the van. She closed the door and turned to the other members.

“What is with the system? It’s not supposed to be this late.” Hyoyeon asked the other members.

“I’m not sure. Once we get back, I’ll be sure to get in the database.” Taeyeon said as she looked at the three Deohyeos.

“We better bring them to Sooyoung. I think they are still alive.” Sunny said.

“Two are unconscious while one is severely wounded.” Seohyun explained while inspecting the three.

“Okay. There’s a free space in the back of the van.” Hyoyeon said as she brought them to the back. After about fifteen minutes, the three were loaded at the back seat. Taeyeon and Sunny got on the front seats. Hyoyeon was about to go in when she noticed Seohyun staring at the ground.

“Seo, hurry up.”

“Just a minute. There is a trail of ice here.”

“Where?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Where we found Jessica unnie.”

“It’s winter, Seo. There’s ice everywhere.” Hyoyeon said. Seohyun looked at it before moving to the van. As the van drove off, the trail of ice vanished, no longer leaving a trace.

 

They arrived in the Shi Dae Organization. Once they entered the parking lot, they separated. Hyoyeon and Seohyun called help from the staff to bring in an emergency cart for the wounded Deohyeo while some of them carried the two unconscious ones to the infirmary. Taeyeon hurried off to her office. Jessica and Tiffany, with Sunny’s help, were brought to Tiffany’s room.

 

 Jessica assisted Tiffany as she made her way around the room. After a couple of wrong rooms, she finally found the bedroom. She walked in with Tiffany and helped the girl on her bed. She removed the coat from the girl and her boots were also removed. She set them aside as she let the girl get comfortable.

“Jessica, come here so I can clean your wounds.” Sunny called from the living room. Jessica came out and sat next to Sunny.

“This will only be temporary. You might want to see Sooyoung later. She’ll do a better job at this. I’m only going to disinfect it.” Sunny explained as she took the first aid kit. As she addressed Jessica’s wounds, Jessica felt like she should ask Sunny.

“Sunny?”

“Hm?”

“Today, when Tiffany was fighting those three Deohyeos, she seemed very lenient. But when one of them wounded me, she suddenly became so distant.”

“… That’s completely natural for Tiffany, Jessica.”

“How is it natural?”

“Think of it this way. She was careful with them because she didn’t want to hurt her precious students. She believed that they had the same future everyone in society has if they are given the opportunity. But when you got hurt, she was angry, right?”

“Right.”

“Tiffany… she loves you very much. Just like how Taeyeon and I are with each other. And if it was me in her position… if Taeyeon got hurt, I might have killed them as well. But the good thing is that you stopped her before she could. And I know one thing. Taeyeon would do the same.”

“Why would she?”

“You didn’t want Tiffany to kill them. Have you ever thought of why?” Jessica thought about Sunny’s words for a bit.

“It was more of an impulse. I don’t really know why I did that.”

“Is there anything you remembered today?” Sunny asked.

“I heard a voice say something to me. There is no such a thing as something in this world that is useless… Do you know who said that?” Jessica became confused when Sunny stared at her before smiling brightly.

“Did she cry when you told her that?” Sunny asked to which Jessica nodded.

“Yes.”

“Tiffany said it herself. That was something she believed in.” When Sunny said that, Jessica tried searching for old memories. ‘Did she say that to me? When? Why did she say it to me?’

“Well, your wound is okay. Why don’t you go to Sooyoung now?”

“No, I’ll stay here until Tiffany wakes up.”

“Are you sure?”

“Hm. She might panic when she wakes up and I’m not there.” Jessica said as she looked back to Tiffany’s room. With a smile, Sunny stood up.

“I’ll be going then. If I see Krystal, I’ll tell her that you’re staying here for the time being.”

“Oh, thanks.” With that, Sunny exited the room, leaving Jessica.

She walked to Tiffany’s room and sat on the chair next to the bed. Jessica watched Tiffany sleep. Her eyes found Tiffany’s hand. She thought about it for a bit before reaching to hold it.

“It feels familiar…” Jessica held her hand. ‘This feeling of her hand against mine… where have I felt it before?’ She thought to herself. Finding no answer, she closed her eyes, never letting go of Tiffany’s hand.

 

Hyoyeon entered the infirmary.

“Soo, are the three okay?”

“Well, those two are okay. They only have a few bruises and a bump on their heads. No concussions so they will be okay for questioning once they wake up. That one, however, I am more concerned about.”

“Was he beaten that badly?”

“If you consider a wound through his abdomen and lacerations and bruises all over his arms and jaw, then yes. The wound on his abdomen is very deep. I was able to treat all the others but this wound really could’ve been his end.”

“You mean-”

“Yes. The sword that was used here was Jess-” Sooyoung looked around before continuing. “Jessica’s sword, the Ice Blade.”

“He must have made Tiffany really angry. Then there was that trail of ice Seohyun found earlier.” Hyoyeon concluded. Sooyoung nodded.

“No doubt, this was the Ice Blade.”

“It’s amazing that, that thing follows Tiffany.”

“Hm. Wait, you said there was a trail of ice?”

“Yeah. Seo found it earlier.”

“I think the sword just acknowledged that its master was there. That’s why it came.”

“Even during the first time?”

“Like Jessica’s handguns, the Ice Blade will only appear if its master is around. But since Jessica’s vampire blood is dormant, it will respond to whoever has the power that is alike its master. And that person could only be Tiffany who shared Jessica’s blood before the incident.”

“I see… Oh, what happened to Yuri earlier this morning? I heard she was brought here.”

“Yuri collapsed due to dehydration. That’s what the test suggests. When I asked Yoona, she told me that Yuri hasn’t drunk from her.”

“Never?” Hyoyeon asked unbelievingly.

“Never, which is unusual for Yuri.”

“How so?” Hyoyeon asked. Before Sooyoung could answer, Seohyun came in.

“Unnie, the results from their tests came through.” Seohyun held out the files to Sooyoung.

“The results came in as a negative. No foreign chemicals or even elements. No residue or remnants of powder. They have stabilized so when they wake up, there shouldn’t be any problems with their eyes.”

“How are their heads? Is there any trauma?”

“There’s nothing in their brain, unnie.”

“Does this mean no evidence again?” Hyoyeon asked, to which Seohyun and Sooyoung nodded. “This was the same with Daniel. How are we going to start an investigation if this continues on?”

“We can’t. It’s against protocol. We have to do some field work and run a system scan on everyone’s files here in the organization.”

“Are you saying we might have a spy?”

“I would rather be proven wrong. If we perform the scan and no suspicions arise, then we just have to be ready for the things to come. We should perform some patrols around the Seocho district.”

“How about the Gangseo district too? The facility is located there.”

“Tiffany unnie would have to return to the Deohyeos to ensure their safety.”

“We can’t decide this on our own. I’ll request Taeyeon to hold a meeting tomorrow so we can assign who guards which area. We can’t send the Shi Dae staff. It’ll be too big of a risk.”

“So it will only be us and the other members…”

“Hopefully no more problems arise.” Sooyoung said as she left the infirmary. Hyoyeon and Seohyun stayed in the infirmary to check on the three Deohyeos.

 

Sunny knocked at the door. She turned the handle to find Taeyeon behind her desk with computers screens around her. Some of them were interactive windows that closed as soon as she was done looking at them.

“Tae…”

“Huh? Oh, Sunny, you’re here. Come.” Taeyeon said before looking back to the screens. Sunny slowly made her way to Taeyeon.

“Hey, Tae… I’m sorry.” Taeyeon looked up from her computers to Sunny.

“What are you saying sorry for?”

“It’s my fault. I didn’t get there quick enough. If I had, Jessica and Tiffany would be fine.” Sunny said with a sad smile on her face. Taeyeon frowned and stood up. She cradled Sunny’s cheeks in her hand and peppered the girl’s face with kisses.

“Ack! Taeyeon!” Sunny exclaimed at the kisses but couldn’t help but let out a laugh.

“It was not your fault. Don’t ever think that. The system malfunctioned and they were flying under the radar. It’s not your fault.” Taeyeon finalized. “Promise you won’t think about it anymore.”

“I can’t promise but I’ll try.” Sunny reassured.

“Good.” With that, Taeyeon moved back to her desk to look into the system while Sunny looked from behind her.

“What are you looking at?”

“It’s the system’s history. Any action in the system is stored in here by hour. What time did they come?”  Taeyeon asked.

“About 10. Right about the time Jessica and Tiffany went out of the café.” With a few clicks and few passwords pop-ups, they found the folder but…

“It’s not here.”

“What do you mean it’s not there?” Sunny asked.

“There’s no record. Are you sure it was at 10?”

“I’m positive. They came past 9 and left at 10.”

“But it’s impossible for someone, other than me, to be able to delete the history. It’s only me that knows the passwords.”

“How about past 10? That’s when Yuri collapsed. There should be something there.” Taeyeon tried again but there is none. The folder is there but there is no history.

“Did we get hacked? But there should be a notification…”

“How about before 9?”

“Did you see something?”

“Let’s just look if it’s also deleted. If it is, then we have to hold a meeting. I’m sure the others won’t mind.”

“Okay. Here we go.” After another series of clicks and passwords, Sunny was right. From 8-11am, there was no record.

“There is no record from even before I came in the office. What is going on?” Taeyeon asked Sunny who was as clueless as she was.

“This is not good.” Sunny said.

“I have to reset the passwords as soon as possible. If more files are deleted, the culprit could be right in front of us and we won’t even know.” Taeyeon entered in the security window and started resetting every single password of the files and the documents. Even the websites have new passwords in order to access.

“How about the staff? What if they need to access the documents?”

“These password protected area of the system cannot be accessed by any of the staff. These are far too dangerous for them to know. If they know, they might endanger their lives.” Taeyeon said as she activated codes in the system.

“From now on, every single fail attempts in the passwords will be noted. Any windows that are in here will be in the history. Any files are now protected with passwords and codes. There should be no way for anyone but me to access them now.” Taeyeon finished with the enter key.

 

Somewhere, a beeper went off. The person looked into the beeper, finding a notification on it.

“Password Reset. Confirm change?”

The ‘Yes’ button was pressed.

“Password Required for Action. (____)” The person thought for a bit before plugging in a cord connected to a device.

“Hacking Processing…” With a few seconds, series of asterisks appeared in the beeper.

“Hacking Process Completed.” It was done.

“08.05.2007. Password Confirmed.” The person removed the cord and hid the device.

“Changing the passwords for caution, ne, Taeyeon?” The person said before turning the beeper off. The person opened their phone and called someone.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Taeyeon changed the passwords. I already removed it from the system files and that from the file room. Make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

“Understood.”  With that, the call ended.

 

Yoona was now at home with Yuri. Yuri had woken up a few after Sunny left to gather the team. She was happy that the girl was back to her old self but she still felt worried. Once they are home, Yoona immediately started a conversation with Yuri.

“Yul, why haven’t you drunk blood from me?” She asked in a straightforward manner. Yuri blinked her eyes, clearly surprised at the bluntness.

“What brought this up?” Yuri asked.

“You collapsed today in the café. I brought you to the infirmary and had Sooyoung unnie do a check up on you. She told me that you were dehydrated. She even asked me if you have been drinking from me and I told her that you haven’t. She said you collapsed due to dehydration.”

“Ah, that… I just thought that, well, you needed my blood that I need yours. And for the last five years we’re together, you haven’t been sick. I’m afraid that if I drank blood from you, you would be sick again.” At Yuri’s explanation, Yoona didn’t know whether to be touched or angry at the girl for not caring about herself.

“Yul…” She called so Yuri would look at her.

“We’re in a relationship aren’t we?” She asked. Yuri nodded.

“It’s okay to care for each other but if we didn’t care for ourselves at some point, we will worry each other. So if you’re thirsty, ask me and I’ll let you drink.” Yuri looked at her and Yoona just smiled.

Immediately, Yuri’s brown eyes switched to lavender. She pushed Yoona to the wall, not enough to hurt her.

“Yul?” For whatever reason, Yoona felt nervous.

“I’ve held back for so long. You better prepare yourself, Yoona.”

“Eh? But aren’t you just going to drink?” Yoona asked nervously with a hint of confusion. Yuri smiled brightly.

“Like when you drink from me, I need to get you in a rush, Yoong. The blood I get during then is sweeter and more in quantity without hurting you.” Yuri explained as her hands started wandering.

“Eh? Ah?! Wait! Sooyoung unnie said that I should give you little first, to see if you’ll reject it.” Yoona was panicking now. Yuri hooked her fingers in the loops in Yoona’s pants.

“Mmn… I don’t think I’ll be able to take little. Not when I’m dehydrated like this.” Yuri said playfully before pulling Yoona into a kiss.

 

A/N: This was not the best chapter, I know. I am experiencing a bit trouble in school so I’m in stressed mode. I was hoping on writing a byun scene for you guys but I wasn’t in the mood for it and well, there are underage readers here right? Maybe next time. I’ll warn you guys about it.

Thank you for the comments guys. I can feel your passion towards the past chapter. I also want to thank the new subscribers and the subscribers that are still here. Now DoRS have more subscribers than RSoF. Isn’t that something?  

Well, I’m going to rest up. I still have a lot in my agenda, more work to do and stuff. I’ll try to see you guys next week if I have time. See you at the next update. ^-^v