Dream 06: The Deal

Dreams of Red Snow

A figure lied down the grass, away from all of the annoying society. There were no sounds heard but only the soft breathing. It was so peaceful. The clouds were high up in the sky and there was a cool breeze. The trees reached high towards the sky and provided a shade for the sleeping figure.

There was a step. Then, a scent was caught. It was followed by another step. Now the scent was practically coming from beside the figure. Brown with a hint of blue met with brown with a hint of cinnabar and they stared.

A couple of dialogues were exchanged but remained unheard. A smile from the intruder warmed ice. Two hearts, not beating for long, beat at the same time at that very moment.

“You found this place again?”

 

Jessica’s eyes opened and she was met by a figure on top of her, staring down. She saw cinnabar eyes looking down at her, deep in her eyes. Her sleepiness hadn’t worn off, probably. She blinked her eyes and saw that there were no cinnabar eyes. Only familiar eye smiles were staring at her.

She blinked her eyes again before they widened and blood rushed to her cheeks.

“Ya!” The embarrassed voice practically echoed in the whole room. The door opened in a flash.

“Unnie! What’s wrong?!” Krystal looked around the room to see if there was any danger. Seeing none, she found her eyes looking at her sister and a late visitor, with her sister under the visitor. There was an awkward silence.

“Is there something wrong, Krystal?” At the sound of Sulli’s voice, Krystal seemed to snap out of her stupor and turned to face Sulli.

“Nothing! Nothing’s wrong. Come on. Unnie is fine. Tiffany unnie is there. No need to worry. Come. Come.” Krystal hurriedly pushed Sulli out the room, saving the girl from embarrassment, and herself from awkwardness.

“Oh, okay.” Sulli allowed herself to be pushed by Krystal, mindful of where Krystal’s hands were placed. She didn’t see anything as she got distracted as soon as Krystal started pushing her out the room.

Krystal gave one glare to her sister before closing the door. There was silence in the room.

More silence. Then Jessica spoke up.

“Aren’t you getting off?” She asked, calmer this time. Tiffany shook her head.

“I don’t want to. I’m comfortable here.” Tiffany said, not moving an inch.

“If you don’t move, I’ll push you.” Jessica warned.

“Try me.” Tiffany challenged. Jessica couldn’t believe her ears. She did try though. She took hold of Tiffany’s shoulders and tried sitting up and to her surprise, the girl didn’t even move. She tried to sit up by moving herself up on the space between Tiffany’s body and the bed but found her head hitting the head board of the bed.

“Oww…” She held the crown of her head with her hand to soothe the pain. Tiffany was still on top of her. When the girl made a motion to move closer, Jessica blushed again.

“W-w-what are y-you doing?” Jessica stuttered. Tiffany’s face was getting nearer and she was panicking. She closed her eyes tightly, her body was tense. But she felt nothing bad in the next few minutes. Only lips on her head and a hand holding her temple. It was very comforting. She felt Tiffany’s arms around her, embracing her tightly.

“Does it still hurt?” Tiffany asked, not moving from her current position. Jessica could only see Tiffany’s neck.

“Not really…” Her voice came out as a whisper as she noticed a mark on Tiffany’s neck. She contemplated before reaching out and touching it.

“Ah…” Was it a whimper? Jessica didn’t know but the sound did surprise her. She tried to look up at Tiffany but the girl buried her face in Jessica’s hair, making sure that her face was totally unseen.

“Tiffany?” She called out. It was only did she notice that Tiffany’s chest seems to be moving rapidly, as if she was breathing, as if her breathing was ragged. She heard Tiffany let out a sigh.

“Yes, Jessi?” She answered back to Jessica’s call. She finally moved down and was now staring at Jessica’s eyes. For some reason, Jessica felt so exposed under that gaze. She turned her head to the side.

“Jessi?” Tiffany called, a bit worried.

“Don’t look at me like that…” Jessica said, a blush spread through her cheeks. Tiffany pulled away at the answer, not understand what her gaze caused Jessica to feel. She waited for Jessica to continue.

“You… Aish… I’m not telling you.” Jessica said, earning a smile from Tiffany.

“Tell me?” Tiffany tried.

“No.” It was firm and strong. Tiffany knew there was no way she was going to get the answer from Jessica.

“Tell me~” Tiffany said in English, staring at Jessica again with that expression.

“Ah… N-n-no. I don’t want to.” Jessica almost felt her resolve breaking down when she felt exposed under that gaze again but she managed to maintain it. Tiffany pouted.

“No, there’s no way.” Jessica tried to turn away but it wasn’t helping that Tiffany was too close. She was afraid to close her eyes; anything could happen if she does.

“Okay. Tell me next time.” Tiffany gave up but rested her chin on Jessica’s head. There was silence once again and Tiffany could feel Jessica’s stare on the mark on her neck.

“It’s a Pure thing. It’s there forever so staring at it won’t make it go away.” Tiffany joked.

“I-I wasn’t making it go away or anything. I was just looking at it.” Jessica was a bit surprised at Tiffany’s statement. There was silence again.

“Will you tell me the truth?” Jessica finally asked.

“The truth?” Tiffany asked, wondering what truth she was looking for.

“The others… they’re keeping something from me. And I know it has something to do with my memories. Why won’t they tell me?”

“Because… if we tell you all of it, you won’t remember anymore. And from the looks of it, your memories are coming back as dreams. Speaking of which, did you just dream?” Tiffany asked. Jessica nodded.

“No headaches?”

“Now that you mentioned it… no, there was none.” Jessica answered, staring at the ceiling.

“Can you remember what you dreamt about?” Tiffany tried.

“I… there were two people in… that garden near the park. But the garden seemed so young. There weren’t many plants unlike the garden I know. One was lying down on the grass while the other moved closer to the one lying down. I remember hearing a heartbeat.” Jessica marveled at the dream.

“Wow… this is the first dream I remembered. And my head didn’t ache. Do you think I should ask Sooyoung about it? She’s the nurse of the organization so…”

“You can try and ask her about the condition of your memories but I doubt she would tell you anything about your missing memories.” Tiffany explained. Jessica nodded, understanding. Her previous frustration was not entirely gone but it was not as bad as before.

“Those dreams that I don’t remember… do you think I’ll dream of them again?” Jessica asked Tiffany.

“Since they are dreams, you have to wait. They will help, I’m sure.” Tiffany assured. Jessica unconsciously held onto her.

“You… seem to have something to do with them… I know you knew me before we met that night.” Jessica tried. Tiffany sighed.

“I know you know, Tiffany. Please help me remember.” Jessica pleaded. Tiffany moved down to stare at her once again, silencing Jessica.

“I will help you. But you have to go on a date with me.” Tiffany said, a familiar smile on her face.

“Why a date?” Jessica asked.

“Because I want to. I’ll help you remember but you have to go on a date with me. Deal?” Tiffany playfully asked. With a sigh, Jessica nodded her head.

“Okay. Deal.” Jessica answered. Tiffany cheered silently and embraced Jessica tighter, earning a blush from Jessica again.

“Why is it that I’m blushing more often now?” Jessica wondered out loud. Tiffany knew it was a rhetorical question but couldn’t pass up the opportunity to tease.

“Because I’m irresistible and you can’t resist me.” Tiffany answered.

“Aish!” Jessica hit Tiffany’s arm playfully. Tiffany laughed.

“Thanks, Tiffany.” Jessica said. Tiffany nodded and hugged Jessica one more time before pulling away and sitting up on the bed.

“Where are you going?” Jessica asked.

“I have to get home. I just came to make sure you were alright. I don’t want you to cry again.” Tiffany said as she stood up from the bed. She was about to leave when she felt a tug on her shirt. She turned to Jessica.

“Jessi?” Tiffany called.

“Can… can you…” Tiffany stared at Jessica a bit confused and curious.

“Yes?”

“Can you sleep with me tonight?” The request made Tiffany’s heart almost burst. There was a shocked look on her face. Jessica noticed this and thought that Tiffany thought that they would sleep together like that.

“N-n-no. That’s not what I meant. I just… Aish… Can you stay with me tonight? And just hold me?” Jessica was blushing madly because of the request.

“Aish! You know what? Just go. If you’re going, just go.” Jessica lay back on her bed but she felt warmth against her right away. She didn’t turn as she was already embarrassed.

“Good night, Jessi. Sleep well.” Tiffany said as she wound her arms around Jessica. Jessica’s heart beat wildly but she felt very comfortable in the embrace. It was like this wasn’t the first time she had felt this kind of warmth.

 

Taeyeon was in her office still. It’s been several hours since Jessica left and the meeting ended. Sang Doo went back to the lab after a few hours. Yoona and Yuri went to the Sa Jin Sul Café to clean up to prepare for the opening the next day. Hyoyeon and Seohyun were currently with Sooyoung. The three were assigned to question Kang Daniel.

She massaged her forehead as she felt a headache coming up. She needed some rest but she had to make sure that there was nothing wrong. She had to make sure that nothing bad will happen.

Knock! Knock!

She turned her attention to the door. It slightly opened and a circular object dropped on the floor. Instantly recognizing it, Taeyeon hurried toward the green object.

“A dukong?! What are you doing here?” She playfully asked the plush pea.

In the corner of her eyes, she saw another out the door. She opened the door and saw another followed by another and another. She smiled wildly as excitement coursed through her body. She picked every single one, not caring where it led. She didn’t even notice herself board an elevator when she found a basket to place all the plushies she picked up. She arranged them and when the elevator doors opened, another dukong was sitting on the shiny floor. She got out of the elevator and followed more of the dukongs.  She didn’t notice that she entered her room in the Shi Dae Organization suites. She closed the door, thinking there were more inside the room. When she flicked the light switch, the lights didn’t go on and thus she was still in the dark.

She was calm since she recognized that it was her room. She placed the basket of dukongs on the table. She was about to take them out and play with them when her vision was blocked by familiar hands. She caught the scent and smiled at the discovery of the person behind her.

“Sunny~” She called out sweetly before turning and smiling at Sunny.

“Hi, Tae.” Sunny returned the smile before kissing Taeyeon’s cheek.

“What’s with all the dukongs?” Taeyeon asked.

 “To lure you here. I knew you had to rest so I made sure that you left that office of yours.”

“Using dukongs? How did you know?” Taeyeon playfully asked, fully knowing that Sunny knows.

“Because I know everything about you. Hungry?” Sunny asked before moving towards the kitchen to fix something up. Taeyeon didn’t want to eat thought. She was hungry alright but not for kimbaps or anything. She approached Sunny and wound her arms around her, resting her head on the girl’s shoulder.

“Feels just like old times, doesn’t it?” Taeyeon asked. Sunny chuckled and nodded her head. This was a familiar scene. It often happened during the time when Sunny was still a human. She would fix dinner and she and Taeyeon would eat it.

Taeyeon felt her eyes turn amber. When she felt Sunny froze momentarily, she knew the girl felt it too. She didn’t say anything but let her right hand slip to hold Sunny’s wrist and the other rested on her stomach. Her chin was resting on Sunny’s left shoulder.

“Tae…” Sunny whispered, turning her head so she would at least see Taeyeon’s face. She felt Taeyeon place kisses on her neck, slowly yet it wasn’t teasing. Sunny raised her right hand, burying them on Taeyeon’s short locks, black with blonde layers, pushing her head so she could see her. Taeyeon pulled away from her neck and they kissed.

“Tae…” Sunny whispered again, after pulling away from the kiss as Taeyeon placed kisses near her jaw. She closed her eyes to focus on Taeyeon. She felt Taeyeon’s right arm wrap once again around her torso and her left hand was on her neck. Sunny tried to turn so she was facing Taeyeon but Taeyeon’s hold prevented her from doing so.

“Tae… let me move…” She requested. Taeyeon loosened the grip she had on Sunny, allowing the girl to face her fully. Even though she really liked their position a while ago, she didn’t want to disappoint Sunny.  She let go of Sunny and raised her hands to Sunny’s cheek and gave her another kiss. Sunny held onto her wrists as they kissed. Taeyeon would move her head so she could deepen the kiss and the both of them just focused on the feeling. They continued to kiss until they both pulled away, their breathings ragged. They stared at each other, Sunny’s brown eyes against Taeyeon’s amber ones.

“ByunTaeng…” Sunny teasingly called. Taeyeon’s eyes returned to brown and she smiled before leaning once more for another kiss.

“We haven’t done it before… Even when you were still human…. Will you let me tonight?” Taeyeon asked, looking into Sunny’s eyes. Sunny stared at her for a bit.

“Can we wait for a little more? Maybe on our wedding night?” Sunny asked back. Taeyeon looked at her before smiling and nodding. She placed her forehead against Sunny’s.

“For you.” Taeyeon answered before placing a light kiss on Sunny’s forehead.  Sunny smiled before Taeyeon pulled away.

“Let’s go to bed. I want to snuggle with you.” Taeyeon said as she pulled Sunny to their bedroom, the basket of dukongs forgotten on the table.

 

Sooyoung was in an interrogation room with Daniel. Hyoyeon watched from the outside while Seohyun made sure that everything was recorded.

“Let’s start with the minute Tiffany left.” Sooyoung suggested. Daniel thought about it for a bit before nodding and starting.

“Well, Tiffany noona told us that she was going to be gone for a while. She didn’t say how long but she wanted us to continue studying. We all knew that she wanted us to become civilized vampires. We knew that we wanted a new life where people weren’t afraid of us so every single day, we tried our best. I helped Tiffany noona teach them since I graduated four years ago. I was one of the first ones.” Daniel said proudly. Sooyoung smiled.

“Tiffany noona asked me to help the others since she’ll be going back to the organization. So for a few hours, I helped everyone study. Things were going fine since most of them are already well-taught. But there was an explosion from the base of the building. Two of our students got exposed to the explosion. Mostly enough, it was just air. Nothing very bad at all, but then those two started acting weird. It seems that they became more irritable.”

“Irritable? How so?” Sooyoung asked.

“They became kind of aggressive. It was as if, dare I say it, they were becoming the Deohyeo they were before. Then, they came to me. They said they wanted to go to Seoul and have some fun. I didn’t want them to go alone so I came with them. Before I left, I made sure that everything was alright and there was no explosion bound to happen. When I met with them, I saw their eyes were black. It was unsettling. So I took some black contact lenses to make it look like I have the same as them.”

“Don’t your eyes turn black on its own?”

“They stopped doing that when I graduated, for some reason.” Sooyoung nodded and waited for him to continue.

“I heard them say something about someone. But I don’t know who they were talking about. All I know is that they talked about a girl.” Daniel said, contemplating as he told what he knew.

“Okay. Do you know if the gas spread? Did you inhale any?” Sooyoung asked.

“Well, I might have since I was the one who helped them during the explosion. But I don’t think the gas spread anywhere. I made sure of that.” Sooyoung nodded to Seohyun and Hyoyeon before she went to the door.

“Come with me. I hope you don’t mind but I need some blood samples. Just in case, it might still be in your system.”

“Sure.” With that, Sooyoung left with Daniel following. Hyoyeon and Seohyun stayed in the audio room. Seohyun made sure to save the interrogation in a disk and in the system, protecting it with codes.

“Seo.” Hyoyeon called.

“Ne, Unnie?”

“Do you think the gas did it to them?” Seohyun thought about it.

“That is a reasonable conclusion but without any evidence, I can’t deduce to it.” Seohyun said to which Hyoyeon nodded.

“We need Yoona and Yuri here.” Hyoyeon said before taking out her phone and dialing Yoona’s phone. She waited for someone to pick up. After a couple of rings, Yoona answered.

“What’s the matter, Hyoyeon unnie?” Yoona’s sleepy voice came through. Hyoyeon looked at the time and realized that it was late.

“Oh, sorry, Yoona. I lost track of time. I didn’t know it was this late.” Hyoyeon apologized.

“It’s okay, unnie. What’s wrong?”

“Can the two of you report tomorrow here? We need help. I have a feeling that there will be more trouble than we just encountered today. I will make sure you two will have time to go to the café so…” Hyoyeon said.

“We’ll be there tomorrow morning, unnie. What time?” Yoona asked.

“Around 7. Then by 8, you can go and open up the café.”

“Okay. Good night, unnie.” Yoona said.

 

“Night, Yoona.” The call ended. Yoona lay back on her bed. Yuri stirred.

“Who called?” Yuri asked, still a bit sleepy.

“Hyoyeon unnie told us to be there by 7. They need help with the case.” Yoona answered.

“Case? Do you think they are going to open it again?” Yuri asked.

“I don’t know, Yuri.”

“It’s been five years. We can’t let something like that happen again. Jessica suffered enough already. Who will be next?” Yuri said, worrying. Yoona embraced her.

“I don’t think something like that will happen again, Yul. It won’t happen again.” Yoona assured her.

“What makes you so sure?” Yuri asked.

“I can feel it. Something like that won’t happen again.” Yuri closed her eyes and soon, she fell asleep. Yoona watched Yuri’s sleeping face for a long while and giggled to herself when she saw Yuri’s tongue out again. She raised her finger and touched it. Yuri stirred but didn’t wake. She did keep her tongue back in though. Yoona smiled once more before she kissed Yuri’s forehead and slept.

 

A/N: Hey guys. Here’s the next chapter in DoRS. How was it? I hope everyone is pleased. I know I am. Hehe. ^^ Thank you for being patient, guys. I appreciate it very much. Ten days is a long time.

Thank you for the comments and the new subscribers, guys. I really appreciate them. I think I got a few upvotes as well. Thank you very much Adorkable Girl, unitha, ramy24, and DokuBunny. I hope I didn’t disappoint you. ^^

I just noticed. You guys really like vampire spin-offs. Haha. It’s such a trend nowadays. I think this story will be more popular than my other ones and the original RSoF. Haha. ^^

Well, see you guys again on the next update. See you around. ^-^v