Dream 07: Beeps and Calls over a Date

Dreams of Red Snow

The sunlight came in through the window, followed by a breeze that played around with the curtains. Two figures were lying in a bed, both covered by the blanket. The black coat that was previously in the bed was now resting at a nearby chair.

There were a few movements. With that, eyes opened and squinted, clearly taking note of the bright light. She took a deep breath and noticed the room. She wasn’t home. She knew it. She wasn’t surprised. She would never forget last night, when she was asked to stay.

Tiffany stared at the face of the girl beside her, still asleep. She smiled as she saw how serene and calm it was. There was no evidence of frowns or tears. This made Tiffany feel very warm. The fact that those tears left no mark at all because she was there; it showed her effect on the girl.

She looked at the clock. It was still early. Well, for the girl that is. She chuckled. Some things never change.

“Jessi…” She called. No answer. She started gently shaking the girl’s shoulders.

“Jessi.” She called again. Nothing. She sighed.

“Even after all these years…” She whispered. Her eyes noticed the girl’s slightly parted lips. Then, it switched to her neck. For a moment, Tiffany froze. She willed herself to close her eyes, having it hard to tear her gaze away. Ever so slowly, she got near, and nearer.

“Mi… young…” The mention of her name made her heart almost burst from her chest. She quickly realized what she was just about to do. She carefully sat up on the bed, now fully aware that Jessica had embraced her over the night. Jessica’s hold was still around her waist, restraining her from leaving. She was going to lose it.

She could feel her eyes changing color. She turned away. She covered them with her hand. While she fixed her senses, she didn’t notice the girl besides her awaking from her sleep.

“Tiffany?” The sleepy and soft voice called her. She turned to face Jessica with a smile.

“Good morning.” Tiffany lay back down so she was close to Jessica. She giggled at the blush that adorned the girl’s cheeks.

“Aish… you should stop doing that. This isn’t healthy for me, you know.”

“I’ll try my best to hold back.” Tiffany said before getting up.

“Where are you going?” Jessica asked. Tiffany heard worry in them.

“We have a date today. So I’m going to prepare. I’m going home first. Don’t worry. I’ll pick you up later.” Tiffany reassured, putting her forehead against Jessica’s for a bit before pulling away.

“I’m going now. Don’t forget to eat breakfast. I’m picking you up in two hours.” Tiffany said before heading out of the room. Jessica followed her to see her off. They noticed that the living room was empty.

“Where’s Krystal?” Tiffany asked.

“She’s probably in her room.” As if on cue, Krystal came out of her room with messy hair.

“Oh, Krystal, good morning. I’ll be back later to pick Jessica up, okay?”

“Oh, unnie? Okay. I’ll see you later.” Clearly still a bit sleepy, Krystal walked to the kitchen after nodding at Tiffany with her eyes closed. It was amazing how she didn’t hit anything once she got herself a glass of water and walked back to her room.

“See you later Jessi.” Tiffany said as she went out. Jessica closed the door and leaned on it for a while. She could feel her heart beat fast. She chuckled at herself. Here she was, leaning on a closed door, feeling adrenaline pump in her body and energize her. Last night was indeed a well-rested one.

She looked at the time, 7:11. It was still too early. She made her way back to her room but she didn’t go back to sleep. Instead, she went for a quick trip to her dresser to grab some undergarments before entering the bathroom.

 

Yuri stood before shelves of files. Despite Yoona’s assurance the night before, it didn’t fully settle the upsetting feeling. As her eyes read through one of the case binders, her apprehension just worsens. She picked one from the shelf. It was the last one the organization put together five years ago. In front of it, the words “Confidential” and “Closed” were stamped.

“Deohyeo Incident.” She read through them. It started 55 years ago when the first attack was sighted. It had the most fatalities compared from all the attacks. There was a disk, which she assumed was the one Taeyeon showed them before. Putting it in the pocket, she continued her investigation.

The next several pages were their profiles. She passed through them. There was nothing here. Disappointed, she placed it back. Something fell out. It was a white cloth folded inside a sealed plastic bag. She opened it up and a scent invaded her senses. Her vision became blurry and she felt dizzy. She felt a headache coming and the feeling in her stomach was unsettling too.

“Ugh…” Then, everything became black. For what seemed like a few seconds, everything finally brightened and she found herself down on the floor, her hand grabbing onto the shelf’s metal bar. She looked around and found the bag with the cloth on the ground. She picked it up and closed it right away, putting it back inside the binder.

“What was that?” She asked herself. One thing she knew for sure. It made her black out for about five minutes. Also, it made her feel worse as anxiety washed over her. She made her way steadily to the door out of the file room and didn’t stop until she was two rooms away from it. Her breathing was heavy but the father she got away from the room, the better she felt. She didn’t notice someone looking at her and entering the room. A couple of minutes later, leaving as well. A voice called to her.

“Yuri unnie? Are you okay?” Yuri turned to see Seohyun with a box of papers. Swallowing the bad feeling in , she let out a heavy breath before smiling at the young girl.

“Yeah, I’m okay. What is with the stack?” She asked. Seohyun looked at her worried before answering.

“These are the company proposals. When Taeyeon unnie gets here, she has to read through them and see if they are worth approving.”

“Ah, okay. See you later, Seo.” Yuri said before walking away from Seohyun.

“Ne.” Seohyun said as she watched Yuri go, not moving an inch until she was sure that the girl was going to be alright. When Yuri continued walking, she gave one last look before going on her way to the office.

Seohyun entered the main office, knocking first before entering. Taeyeon wasn’t there yet so she placed the stacks on the middle of the table.

Beep! Beep!

She looked at it before she pressed the beeper in her pocket. She made her way to her side table and pressed a button. Computers booted up and a password security came out. She sighed. With several taps, the home screen came up. She went in more password protected files, typing the different passwords. Finally, she pulled up a screen and it showed a man’s profile.

“Hm…” She whispered to herself. Before she could read anything about it, she heard the door open.

“Good morning, Seohyun.” Taeyeon greeted.

“Good morning, Taeyeon unnie.” Seohyun greeted back as she pressed a few buttons, exiting out of all the screens and pulling up company stocks.

“Are these the proposals?” Taeyeon asked as she settled behind her desk, looking at the stack of papers.

“Ne. Do you need help with reviewing them?” Seohyun asked.

“No, I can do it. Hyo is looking for you.”

“Hyoyeon unnie? Okay, if you will excuse me.” Seohyun said as she closed her computers and made her way to the door.

“Oh? Seo, have you seen Yoona this morning?”

“Ne. They just left. Sooyoung unnie went out with her and Daniel oppa. From last night’s interrogation, we found out that there was an explosion before the two from yesterday exhibited any strange behavior. Here.” Seohyun said, handing a file to Taeyeon. “They didn’t found any traces in his blood of the compound so they are going back to see if there are any problems.”

“I see. Thanks, Seo.”

“It’s nothing, unnie. Well, I’ll be going.” With that, Seohyun left the room. Taeyeon waited for a moment.

Beep! Beep!

She took the beeper from her pocket and turned it off. She picked up her phone and dialed a number. She waited for a couple of rings.

“Yeoboseyo? Yes, this is Shi Dae Organization Head, Kim Taeyeon. I need a report of every surveillance cameras around here, the Seocho District, and the Gangseo District. Any sightings of suspicious individuals in the areas, send me the CCTV tapes.” With a confirmation, she ended the call. Deciding for a bit, she dialed a number once again.

“Yeoboseyo? Yes, this is Shi Dae Organization Head, Kim Taeyeon. I called to request security around the district and in the Gangseo district. Any sightings of suspicious individuals, alert me immediately.” She ended the call and turned to the file Seohyun gave her.

“What is going on?” She asked no one. She set the file aside before turning to the proposals and reading through them. After finishing the first one, she shifted in her seat.

Ring~ Ring~

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Ah, Taeyeon. Good morning.”

“Good morning, Sang Doo. What can I do for you?”

“Have you seen Sooyoung?”

“Seohyun told me she left with Yoona and Daniel this morning. They were going to your old building to see if there are any traces of the explosion.”

“Explosion?”

“Yeah. I have the report right here with me. I’ll meet you down at the lab okay?” She ended the call and went to the door. Once she was out, she locked the door with her keys. Locating an empty elevator, it proceeded on taking her down to the basement area where the lab was. As the door to the lab opened, she was greeted by broken vials.

“Sang Doo, what happened here?!” Taeyeon asked.

“That is what I would like to know as well.” Sang Doo said as he examined the broken vials.

“Well?”

“They don’t have any chemicals. They were just probably placed on an unsteady surface, which caused them to slide and fall on the floor.”

“Is this why you’re looking for Sooyoung?”

“Yes. I came here just a few minutes ago and there was a crash. I didn’t saw anyone in here but these glasses were broken already.”

“We’re lucky they were empty. Any chemicals escaping through the vents would cause an immediate lockdown in the building. That would certainly cause attention we would have to do without.” Sang Doo nodded, agreeing.

“Well, I’ll clean up here. Can you read the report for me?”

“Yeah, sure.” Taeyeon started. “Daniel stated in the report that he was in the building as a substitute for Tiffany. The first day was alright since most of the Deohyeo are doing well with their training. Then, he spoke of an explosion. After the explosion, two of the Deohyeo who it had nearly exploded at started acting rather aggressive. He described them as “becoming the Deohyeo they were before.”

“Wait. You mean they turned back?”

“I don’t know. He said that they had black eyes once again. When we fought them yesterday, their eyes were indeed black. But I guess Tiffany was doing a good job because they did have manners and a sense of fairness yesterday.”

“Manners and a sense of fairness? How so?”

“Like, they separated so it was a one-on-one. Then before starting, with Hyoyeon and Tiffany, they did do something that can be likened that of a greeting before starting the fight. They didn’t do any underhanded tricks either.” Taeyeon explained. Sang Doo cleaned the broken glasses and properly placed the glass shards in a box and in a plastic. He moved to the bin and dropped it in.

“I guess she is doing well. Those Deohyeo, though suspicious, did have their morals.”

Ring~ Ring~

“Yeoboseyo?” Sang Doo asked.

“Sang Doo, it’s Sooyoung. We’re done here. Unfortunately, there are no traces at all. There is the mark of the explosion but no gas or powder remnants.”

“Thanks for telling me. Hey, did you leave some vials on the table?”

“No, why?”

“Well, when I came here earlier, I heard a crash. There was no one here but there were broken vials on the floor.”

“Did they have anything in them?”

“No, they were empty.”

“Hm… We’ll be back soon. I’ll look into it.”

“Okay. See you later.” With that, the phone call ended.

“So? Was it Sooyoung?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah. She said they are on their way back. They found no traces of any chemicals, gas, or powder. And when I asked her about the vials, she said she didn’t leave any out.” Taeyeon and Sang Doo looked around. There is something up.

 

At the sound of a car driving further away from a building in the Gangseo district, three Deohyeo students came down to the base and checked all the status of the pipes. One of them had a chart while the other two looked to each of the pressures to check the numbers.

“Okay, what’s the last one?” The one with the chart asked.

“This one needs to be at 25.”

“What’s the number?”

“It’s in a 50. It shouldn’t be this high.”

“Let’s hurry and call one of the guys. Can you turn it?” He asked the other. One of the students tried turning it but it didn’t budge.

“No. It’s stuck.”

“I’ll call Kai. He could fix this.”

“Wait, I have oil. Maybe I can try it.” Another one asked. After applying oil, he tried turning the wheel. When it turned, he smiled and watched as the pressure went back to 25.

“Okay, we’re done here.”

Clink! Clank!

“Huh? What’s that?” The three of them turned and looked at the source of the sound.

“I just turned it back! Why is it going up?!”

“Hurry, get out!” The three of them started running but it was too late.

Boom!

There was black smoke in the base, only at the area they were at. When it finally cleared up, dissipating in the air, leaving no trace, they sat up. They shook their heads and looked at each other before sharing a laugh.

“Good thing, we’re still alive.” One of them said. They got up and all of them went out of the base. Of course, they made sure the pressure was really back to 25. When they went up to the lobby to get to their classes, suddenly, they stopped.

“…” They didn’t say anything. The one they called Kai called to them.

“Hey, guys. How’s the base pressures?” When they didn’t answer, he became confused.

“Guys? You okay?” He asked once again.

“… Tell the others we’re going out. Don’t wait up.”

“Okay, but… where are you going?”

“That’s none of your concern.” Kai was taken back. Before he could object, the three already exited the building.

“What’s their problem?” He shrugged it off and went to class. He didn’t notice the eyes of the three. They were black.

 

The car stopped in front of the Shi Dae Organization building.

“Yoona, you have to get to the café right? You can go now. Daniel and I will park the car.”

“Thanks, Sooyoung unnie. I’ll see you later. Call me or Yuri if you need us.” Yoona said as she exited the car and ran towards a familiar café. She looked at her watch. It was 8:07.

“Waa… that took longer than I thought.” She entered the café and saw Sunny.

“Oh, Yoong, welcome. Ready?”

“Ne, unnie. I’ll just get changed.” Yoona said as she made her way to the dressing room. When she was done, she went up front to change the closed sign to open.

“Yoona, is Yuri coming?” Sunny asked, wondering where Yuri is.

“Eh? She was at the organization when I left with Sooyoung unnie and Daniel. She should be here any moment.” As if on cue, Yuri walked in the café leisurely.

“Oh, Yuri, you’re here.” Sunny welcomed.

“Good morning. Sorry I’m late. I had to take care of something.”

“No, we just opened up.” Sunny said with a smile. She stared at Yuri for a bit as she made her way to the dressing room.

“Yoona, can you take care of the customers for a bit?” Luckily for Sunny, Yoona didn’t question it and nodded, welcoming the first customers of the day. Sunny went to the dressing room and found Yuri sitting on a bench, her hand on her head.

“I know you’re not okay. What’s the matter? Are you feeling sick?” Sunny asked, taking a seat next to Yuri.

“I’m okay. I just felt dizzy earlier. It’s probably just because I haven’t been able to sleep well. I have a bad feeling, Sunny. The attack from yesterday is surely not the last one.” Yuri said. Sunny wasn’t sure what to make of it.

“Maybe you need a day off. Do you want to take Yoona with you? I can handle things here just fine.” Sunny suggested.

“No. It’s not that… maybe it’s just my imagination. Maybe I’m just worrying too much.” Yuri said, sounding as if she was convincing herself.

“Well, I would suggest that if you don’t feel well, go to Sooyoung. Or rest home. Tell me okay?” Yuri nodded. Sunny got up and went back to her place in the café.

 

Sooyoung entered the lab and was met with Taeyeon and Sang Doo.

“So what happened?” Taeyeon asked.

“Well, we got there and we asked around. No one heard any explosions. It seems like the base of the building is at the very bottom of it, preventing any of the sound to be heard. Also, there was no trace of any powder or liquid. None at all. It wasn’t cleaned up either since there was no trace of water or soap.” Sooyoung reported. “So, what happened here?”

“When I came to work, as I was about to enter, I heard a crash. I entered the room but there was nobody here. There were only the broken vials on the floor.”

“Where?”

“There.” Sang Doo pointed near a wooden table. Sooyoung walked closer and inspected the table. It was a bit unstable. For an experiment, she took a pen from her station and placed it on the table. When it rolled, it did fall down but she caught it.

“Well, that explains why it fell and broke. According to your story, there’s no one here so that’s about it. Don’t worry. I’ll stay here more often if I have to. Why don’t you take my place in the infirmary for a while?” Sooyoung asked to which Sang Doo nodded.

“Okay. I’ll go up right away.” Sang Doo left the room. Taeyeon turned to Sooyoung.

“I’ll be leaving too. I have a lot of proposals on my desk. I still have to look through them.”

“Okay. I’ll call you if I need any help.”

“See you later.” With that Taeyeon left. Sooyoung was now left in the room. She let out a sigh before looking at the unbroken vials in the lab.

 

Even though she tried to fight it, Jessica had a smile on her face. Saying that she was excited was probably an understatement. Her heart was beating so fast as she stood before her mirror. She had a green long-sleeved blouse that she paired with some blue jeans. She looked in her closet for a warm coat. After all, there was still the winter breeze going about. Then, she remembered the black coat on a chair near her bed. She took it into her arms and decided to weak it. She took a scarf so her neck wouldn’t be exposed to the cold and a pair of gloves.

“Unnie, Tiffany unnie is here!” Krystal suddenly said.

“She’s right on time.” Jessica said to herself. She went out of her room and found Tiffany, the usual smile on her face. Tiffany was wearing a plaid button up that she also paired with some skinny jeans. In her arms were a white coat and her neck wrapped by a familiar pink scarf.

“Ready?”

“Stay out of trouble!” Krystal said jokingly as the two left. Sulli came out of Krystal’s bedroom.

“You’re finally awake?” Sulli nodded, her eyes still closed. Krystal smiled at Sulli’s cuteness and walked near her. She held Sulli’s face gently and pressed her lips on the girl’s cheek. Sulli’s eyes opened widely before a blush adorned her face.

“I’ll fix you breakfast.” With that, Krystal walked to the kitchen to prepare while Sulli sat on the couch, hugging a pillow, blinking her eyes. She touched the cheek Krystal kissed before blushing more. Lucky for her, Krystal was now focused on making breakfast. She didn’t notice a thing.

 

A/N: Hi guys! It’s been a long while since I last updated this. Aren’t you glad I did today? If you didn’t know, I finished one of my stories first which is the reason why I didn’t update for a long while. I’m starting school on Monday. I’m kind of excited and anxious.

I just got good drama ideas for this story.  But the date idea is still scaring me. I have no idea what to do for the date. Any ideas?

For those who are still with me and the new subscribers and upvoters, thank you and welcome to this story. I appreciate you guys reading and well, look forward for more weekly updates.

After this, I have two good story ideas. I’m wondering when I can start them. My idea notebook got ruined. -_-;

Well, thank you once again. I’ll update when I can. ^-^v