Dream 05: Secrets

Dreams of Red Snow

“Explain everything now. N.O.W.” Jessica ordered as soon as she got in Taeyeon’s office. Taeyeon gestured her to sit and she complied, her arms crossing.

Everyone was with her in the room. Jessica was seated in one couch with Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, and Yoona. On another, Sunny, Sooyoung, and Yuri were seated together. Taeyeon went over to her desk and pressed a few buttons on her computers. The light dimmed in the room and the presentation began.

“We are a vampire hunter organization, Jessica. The Shi Dae Organization is not mainly a company that focuses and invests in commodities. It is an attempt to hide ourselves from the next generation of humans, who will never have vampire blood in them.” Taeyeon started.

“A long time ago, all kinds of vampires coexisted with humans. I am one of those early ones, Jessica. I am one of the pure bloods that have lived over the years. Then, there were also the half-bloods, who were children of both human and the vampires.” She paused for a bit and continued again.

“Then, fifty-five years ago, a new type of vampire appeared. They were called the Deohyeo. The ones you just saw earlier were the exact type. They were the scientific product of this man.” Taeyeon clicked a button and a picture of a familiar man came in view.

“That’s Sang Doo.” Jessica recognized him quickly. Taeyeon nodded.

“He trained them and held them under his control. Setting them free, they were led by three vampires that were under his wing. Those three, “Taeyeon pointed to Sunny, Sooyoung, and Yuri at one couch, “were those that led them. They helped him.”

“Why?” Taeyeon thought about it for a bit but then realized that she never did ask Sunny. She looked at the three who were seated together.

“I worked for him because he allowed me to be with Taeyeon again. He told me that after all that, I will be with Taeyeon. I wasn’t born a half-blood, Jessica. I was human. When I got into an accident, he turned me into one by injecting Taeyeon’s blood into me.” Sunny explained.

“For me, I was a friend. I just wanted to help.” Sooyoung answered.

“I didn’t want to leave those two.” Yuri simply said, pointing at Sunny and Sooyoung, who hit her shoulder lightly. She just shrugged. They had chosen their words very carefully.

“Okay, then-”                                                                

“You’re not telling me everything.” Jessica cut her off. Taeyeon turned her attention to Jessica. Suddenly, everyone thought that the temperature felt colder in the room.

“Alright, who turned the A/C on?” Taeyeon asked. Everyone looked around except for Jessica. Tiffany moved from her seat and she saw that the pillow she was leaning on had the remote.

“Sorry, Tae…” Tiffany apologized with the remote in her hand. She placed it on the table. Everyone except for Jessica let out a chuckle. Taeyeon shook her head.

“Those details, Jessica, are things that are not meant to be revealed yet. And I, even as the Head of the Organization, am not allowed to disclose.” Jessica frowned but she will wait patiently since there was a ‘yet’ in Taeyeon’s explanation.

“The Shi Dae Organization also followed his orders as well, for he was the missing founder of the organization, under his English name, Kim Thomas.”

“He gave you orders to kill those vampires?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon nodded.

“Sang Doo gave as assignments to kill the Deohyeo and the Shi Dae Organization became a valuable part of the Deohyeo Control Program in Seoul. In our defense, we didn’t know about this until five years ago, the Deohyeo Incident.” There was a picture of the broken bridge.

“This was the site of the last attack, the Dongho Bridge.” The next picture was the photo of the fully reconstructed bridge.

“The Shi Dae Organization helped fund the money needed for the repairing of the bridge. And after that, we cut ourselves from the world. We became a company who invests in power plants and energy, with other commodities. We are a board combined of hotels, airports, and other managements. And we have become a successful organization, indeed.” Taeyeon stopped. She looked at Jessica who was clearly listening intently.

“That is the organization’s history. Do you have anything you still want to know about?”

“The cameras from a while ago at the area…”

“Those are installed throughout the country. We traveled most of the time to keep check of the surroundings before.  Now, there are analyzers that transfer data and information to our computers, which notify us about any disturbances. If they are disturbances the police can handle, we keep at bay but if they are vampire-related, we are the people who go out there, dressed in our own special uniforms.”

“How about you guys?” Jessica asked.

“Being a vampire, most of the time, we have our own powers. Pures usually are born with elemental powers. Half-bloods have inhuman speed like we do, but they do not have elemental powers. You saw earlier how we fought in the cameras. We didn’t use our powers yet so you won’t know. But we will show you if we have the chance.”

“That guy from before… Kang Daniel…”

“He’s Tiffany’s student. He had graduated four years ago and was helping Tiffany with the Deohyeo that were not killed by the organization. When Tiffany left, then he assumed the position to take care of things while she was away. I’ll interrogate him later. He’s in the waiting room now.”

“Then… all of you… are vampires. The three of you are Pures and the four of you are Halfs.” Jessica sank in her seat. She closed her eyes and massaged her foreheads.

“Am I-” The door suddenly opened.

“Sorry I’m late. I was busy in the lab. What did I miss?” All eyes turned to Sang Doo who entered the room with his lab coat.

“What?” Then his eyes met with Jessica. He turned to Taeyeon immediately.

“Taeyeon, come with me. Outside.” He told her and all eyes followed the two as they exited the room. This time, the coldness everyone felt wasn’t from the never-really turned air conditioner.

 

“I told you that she shouldn’t know! Why did you include her in this presentation?” Sang Doo said.

“Who was I to hold back from her knowledge about her own past?” Taeyeon answered back.

“You know what type of person Jessica is. I bet she already asked a video of today’s fight. She will try to find out. If her memories don’t come back by the time she knows about it already, she will never remember.”

“What about Tiffany? She knew of the organization. She knew about Jessica’s identity. She even found out about Miyoung before she remembered!” Taeyeon was getting irritated.

“She didn’t know that she, as Hwang Tiffany, was Hwang Miyoung! She didn’t know that she, herself, had a past with Jessica until her memories returned. She didn’t know anything but the fact that she loves Jessica and that Jessica loved a girl whose name is Miyoung!” They were shouting at each other now. Taeyeon let out a deep breath to calm herself.

“Jja Jjang Myun…” Taeyeon whispered to herself.

“Are you hungry?” Sang Doo asked.

“Jja Jjang Myun…” Taeyeon whispered again before looking at Sang Doo.

“I didn’t tell her anything if it makes you sleep at night. But if she finds out on her own, it’s not my fault.” Taeyeon said as she turned her back to Sang Doo and approached the door. She held the door knob and frowned when it was cold.

“Not again…” Taeyeon said. She entered and found the Tiffany was the only one beside Jessica now. Hyoyeon and Seohyun were in the back of the couch where Sunny, Sooyoung, and Yuri were sitting. Yuri was embracing Yoona, in hopes that they won’t feel the coldness in the room.

“Jessica, do you have more questions?” Taeyeon asked, in hopes to finally bring the temperature back to normal.

“No. I’ll be going home. Sulli is with Krystal so I’m sleeping in until tomorrow morning. If you hadn’t noticed, I stayed out in the rain a while ago.” It was then that Taeyeon saw that Jessica was still holding on to the black leather coat that Tiffany placed on her a while ago. She was clutching it tightly. She stood up and started walking out the door. At the same time, Tiffany followed her.

“I’ll come with you.” Tiffany said as she followed Jessica. However, the girl was just upset.

“I want to be alone for a while. I’ll just see you tomorrow.” Jessica said before leaving. Her eyes met with Sang Doo for a moment and she only walked passed him. Tiffany and Sang Doo both held sad expressions.

“I’m sorry but if you guys want Jessica’s memories to come back again, then it would be better if she didn’t know anything. Even if it means that we have to keep things from her.” Sang Doo said as soon as Jessica was out of sight. Tiffany just stared at the door.

“How long do I still have to wait?” Tiffany whispered in frustration. She didn’t wait for anyone to answer as she just left the room.

“You guys can go now. I’ll be here if you guys need me.” Hyoyeon went out with Seohyun, followed by Sooyoung, after Yoona and Yuri. Sunny stayed behind for a bit.

“What was that?” Sunny asked the two who turned to look at her.

“What was what?” Sang Doo asked.

“We could hear you arguing from the outside. I’m not sure whether you guys were really loud or it’s just my hearing. And based on the temperature drop, I would doubt that she didn’t hear you.” Taeyeon and Sang Doo both massaged their foreheads.

 

Jessica was upset. Everyone was hiding things from her. From Taeyeon’s explanation a while ago, she was able to at least keep herself from bursting out since her friend did tell her off the history of the organization.

She thought back to the time she first woke. She didn’t remember anyone. Only her sister was familiar and she was even shocked to see that the younger Jung was grown up. Everyone seemed to know her and she thought that she had been asleep for two years, the time she met everyone. But she knew there was more to it. There was something missing.

When Sunny was telling her reason, she knew that it was true. She saw it in Sunny’s eyes. But from Sooyoung and Yuri’s answers, she knew that it wasn’t a lie but it wasn’t the full truth either. Why was everyone hiding things from her? Why couldn’t they just say it to her?

Jessica sighed as she got to her room. She reached in her pocket, only to realize that she was still wearing Tiffany’s black coat. She walked in.

“I’m home.” She was greeted by Krystal and Sulli on the couch, watching some movie that she didn’t bother finding out about.

“Are you okay, Unnie? How was the date?” Krystal tried to tease.

“It wasn’t a date, Soojung. I’m tired so I’m sleeping in.” Jessica’s tone was cold.

Krystal was a bit shocked from the coldness but she knew that her sister wasn’t in a good mood. She watched as Jessica hurried in her room. She stared at her sister’s door before a pressure on her shoulders brought her back.

“It’s all right. She must be upset about something.” Krystal said, trying to reassure Sulli that she wasn’t hurt.

 

Jessica leaned on the door. Tears escaped her eyes. She was so frustrated. She hated herself for crying whenever she is frustrated. She didn’t utter a sound but her tears kept flowing.

She walked to her bed and laid there for a bit. She noticed that the black coat was still draped over her form. She sat up and removed it and set it on her lap. She stared at it and Tiffany’s smiling face appeared in her mind.

“You wouldn’t lie to me right?” Jessica whispered to no one. She held the jacket to her chest and hugged it, tears shedding once again. Soon, her eyes felt heavy and she fell asleep.

 

Tiffany was in the garden once again. It was the garden where everything started; it was where she can remember everything. It had only been one day since she got back. It’s been five years. She shook her head.

“It’s only been five years… How many years did she wait for me?” She asked no one.

She could see two figures in the garden in front of her. One was lying down on the green grass and one was sitting beside the other. The other would pout while the one lying down would smile at the childish face. Then, they would vanish just as fast as they had appeared.

Then, another one would appear again and she still blushes at the scenes. It’s been a long time. Two figures, one on top of the other, trapped in their own world, with only the plants around them. Both are focused on nothing but on each other’s existence.

Tiffany sadly watched at the scene before the scene vanished. She closed her eyes and opened them again. Nothing was there. They were all just memories. They had happened a long time ago.

Jessica has the right to know. But I don’t want to make it as if I can’t wait for her. If it’s not time for her to remember yet, then it’s not my choice to make her remember. She waited for me. I can wait for her.” Tiffany turned to go out of the garden.

If she doesn’t remember then, I’ll just have to make new memories with her.” Tiffany thought to herself as she went to a familiar room. She ran and soon she was in front of a familiar door. The door opened without her knocking, earning a surprised look from her.

“Unnie? What’s wrong?” Krystal asked.

“I wanted to see Jessica.” Tiffany said with a smile.

“She was in her room. Did something happen a while ago?” Krystal asked as she let Tiffany in.

“Hi, Sulli.” Tiffany greeted.

“Hi, Unnie.” Sulli greeted back.

“We were walking when there was a Deohyeo attack. We handled it well but there were some problems. Jessica kind of found out that we are a vampire hunter organization and when we explained things back in the organization, Sang Doo came in. He called Taeyeon out and they argued outside. Jessica didn’t hear but I’m sure she was upset that we were hiding things from her.” Tiffany explained before she stopped in front of Jessica’s bedroom door.

“You can go in, Unnie. But she’s still sleeping. Try not to wake her up.” Krystal said before sitting back on the couch. Tiffany nodded before turning the knob slowly.

 

A/N: That’s it for this week. For some reason, my mood is down. I was happy earlier this week but I guess happiness it short-lived. How’s this chapter?

Thank you for the new subscribers and the comments you guys left. I’m really thankful for that and for the upvotes as well. I think I got three, right? Thank you very much KalakiMae, snsdforeverandmore, and Fritter_Away.

Sorry for the long wait, guys. But you all know the drill. If I don’t have school, then it’s either every two days or every day. If I have school, it’s once a week. It applies for all the stories that I write. I still have two more months of school. Hahaha. Well, see you guys around. ^-^v