Dream 16: Revelation of the Truth

Dreams of Red Snow

Sunny sat just outside the infirmary with Jessica and Tiffany. She had managed to stop crying but she clutched at her chest, feeling it tighten more as the time goes by. Jessica sat next to her, squeezing her shoulders to show that she wasn’t alone. Sunny smiled at Jessica sadly, acknowledging the effort to give comfort.

“I’m sorry, Sunny…” Jessica said, her eyes downcast.

“Why are you saying sorry? It’s not your fault, Jessica.” Sunny said, looking at the door.

“No… I-” Before Jessica could say anything, footsteps alerted them. They turned to see Yuri followed by Hyoyeon and Seohyun.

“How’s Taeyeon?” She asked, face etched with worry.

“She’s still in there. Sooyoung is still checking for Taeyeon’s condition.” Tiffany said. Yuri faced Jessica.

“How can this happen? Did you tell them yet?” Yuri asked Jessica. The girl looked straight at her before looking at the others who had questioning looks.

“Tell us what?” Tiffany asked. Jessica stood from beside Sunny. She made her way next to Yuri and looked straightly at the two.

“I… remember everything. My memories came back to me yesterday. Everything.” The moment those very words escaped from Jessica’s mouth, there was silence.

“You… remember everything?” They turned to see Sooyoung looking at Jessica in shock. Jessica stared back at Sooyoung.

“Yes. I remember everything.” She paused, but then continued. “How is Taeyeon?” The question caused Sooyoung to look at the others.

“Ah, she’s stable now. You guys can enter.” She told them. They followed Sooyoung inside. Sunny entered first, followed by Yuri, then Jessica and Tiffany. Despite the thoughts that were running in their minds, they all felt their heart broke to see their leader lying weakly on the bed. As if she was really human, her complexion was pale because of the incident.

“Her vitals are okay. She didn’t get hit in any organs. But…” Sooyoung’s voice trailed off.

“But what?”

“There was no bullet.” Sooyoung said.                              

“What?”

“There was no bullet. There was an entry wound but there is no exit wound.” Sooyoung said as the others looked at her in wonder.

“Where is the gun?” Hyoyeon inquired intently. Sooyoung gestured to the tray at the foot of the bed. Hyoyeon and Jessica moved to look at it. While Hyoyeon checked the magazine, Jessica looked at the actual gun.

“There’s no bullet.”

“It’s just a .44 Magnum. It’s not that special.” Jessica said, though she looked at it with familiarity.

“But how is it that there is an entry wound and not an exit wound?” Sunny asked worriedly. They thought for it a bit before Jessica turned from them, facing the four now conscious Deohyeo at the other beds.

“Suho.” She called out. The boy looked up at the mention of his name but didn’t dare to look straight at Jessica.

“Tell me what happened.” She ordered. He nodded. “Was there an explosion?”

“Ne. We got a call once we got out of the building.”

“From who?”

“I don’t know. The voice seemed distorted. I don’t even know whether it was a female or male.” Suho said apologetically.

“Okay. But what else did they say?”

“They told us that there was a compartment near the door. And along with the gun, there was this letter.” Suho said as he took out a letter from his pocket. It read,

Target Jessica Jung. Shoot Kim Taeyeon with this gun.

“What does this mean?” Sunny asked.

“Judging from the order, they must’ve expected that Jessica would be coming to warn Taeyeon. But why would they want to shoot her?” Yuri wondered.

“It must be a warning.” Jessica said. The others looked at her with curiosity.

“What do you mean a warning?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I’ll have to confirm it first. I have to go.” Jessica said before leaving the room.

“What’s going on?” Tiffany asked, hoping that somebody can give an answer. Sadly, no one else seemed to know of anything.

“Unnies, I have to go. I’m sorry.” Seohyun apologized.

“Should I come with you?” Hyoyeon’s brow furrowed when Seohyun shook her head.

“I’m sorry, Unnie. But I have to go.” With that, she also left the room.

“Something is wrong…” Hyoyeon remarked.

“Everything is out of norm today, Hyo…” Sunny said her gaze still on Taeyeon. Hyoyeon’s eyes softened as she made her way to Sunny.

“She’ll be fine.” She said comfortingly. Tiffany and Yuri walked out of the room.

“Any luck with Yoona?” Tiffany asked.

“You heard about that?”

“Yeah. So how is it?”

“I- I don’t want to lie to you, Tiffany.” Yuri suddenly said.

“Excuse me?” Tiffany asked, not understanding what’s going on.

“I was able to clear the misunderstanding with Yoona nights ago. Jessica was with me and I was drinking her blood when-”

“YOU WERE WHAT?!” Tiffany almost choked Yuri but Jessica appeared before her.

“Jessi! Don’t block my way- Wait… JUNG JESSICA! JUNG SOOYEON! How dare you?! How could you allow this kid to drink from you?!” To say that Tiffany was angry and upset was beyond an understatement.

“Kid?” Yuri asked incredulously behind Jessica. But when Tiffany was about to charge for her again and Jessica glared at her, she shrunk back.

“Now, calm down.”  Jessica said in a calm voice, hoping Tiffany will calm down. Luck was not at her side.

“Explain yourself!” Tiffany said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Before you think I did it on purpose, I just got my memories yesterday but my subconscious was acting on its own for the last few days. Every night I sleep, that part of me wakes up. It was that part of me that Yoona thought was Yuri’s other woman. It was also me that Yoona saw the night Daniel died.”

 

 “Tell me why Yuri had to drink your blood.” Tiffany demanded.

“Remember when Yuri collapsed? Yuri inhaled a chemical, which is the same chemical that spread in the explosions recorded. You could say that she got sick because of it. This chemical is like the one that was administered to the both of us. You died. I died.”

“Okay?” Tiffany gestured for her to continue, a bit calmer but was frowning.

“But my blood filtered Yuri’s and cured her. But it isn’t only my blood, Tiffany. I have your blood running in my veins as well as you have mine. Our blood is the only cure that I know. And whoever is behind this, they have to have a cure as well.”

“Then can’t we give Taeyeon our blood to cure her?”

“We can’t. Her body will reject it.”

“But how come Yuri was cured when she drank your blood?” Tiffany asked.

“Because what she got was just the scent of the chemical. That was quickly cleaned by the blood she drank from Yoona since her body acknowledges Yoona’s blood as a cure.”

“Then, can we give Sunny our blood and she can give it to Taeyeon?”

“If Taeyeon isn’t awake yet, it will be too risky. Her blood is being transformed. Soon, her vampire blood will die. If we administer it now, it won’t have any effect. Our blood serves as an awakening cure.” Jessica explained. “By the way, I heard that you used inject your blood to the Deohyeo as well.”

“… Are you mad?” Tiffany asked looking at Jessica almost too cutely. Jessica blushed then laughed it off softly.

“No. It was right of you to do so as a temporary cure. It did well to the Deohyeo you have taught but with the chemical going around, it will be meaningless. We have to get the real cure from whoever is responsible.”

“Do you know who it is?”

“No. But I have a clue. And I must confirm it alone. No one else can come with me. Not even you, Tiff.” Tiffany felt warm at the use of her nickname but a little upset since she is once again forbidden by Jessica to partake in a mission that is dangerous. Tiffany grabbed Jessica’s hand.

“… I missed you, you know…” She whispered. Jessica blushed at the gesture again. Even though her memories and powers were back, seeing Tiffany like this had an effect on her as if she was still human. Before she could answer, Yuri cleared . They looked at Yuri.

“Okay. As I mentioned before, I already managed to clear up our misunderstanding. When Yoona came in that night, she saw me drinking from Jessica. She was shocked to see Jessica’s blue eyes back. As Jessica explained to you just now, she also cleared things up.”

“So where is Yoona now?”

“Yoona has been going around looking for a missing sword. Your sword, Tiffany.” Yuri brought up.

“My sword? What are you talking about?”

“Tiffany, the Crimson sword. The one you got the day before you met me.” Jessica said, trying to make Tiffany recall it.

“Eh? But that sword is…”

“Where is it Tiffany?”

“I don’t have it with me. If I am not mistaken, it should be in my mother’s grave.”

“Great! Where is it?” Yuri asked with excitement with her phone in hand.

“It’s in Los Angeles.”

“I’ll call Yoona right now.” Yuri said as she dialed a familiar number and walked away, leaving Jessica and Tiffany together. Though Yuri was a great distance, it was a warm sight to see her talking to her beloved deer. Jessica smiled as she watched Yuri. It’s been days since Yoona left to look for it and Yuri missed the girl so much. Her thoughts were disturbed when Tiffany held her hand.

“Tiff- What are you-”

“Yoong is on her way-” Yuri started but was cut off by Tiffany.

“Yuri, call us tomorrow, okay? If the others look for us, tell them to call us later.” Yuri could just watch as Tiffany pulled Jessica out of the building.

‘W-w-what just happened?’ Yuri thought to herself. ‘Ah, this means I have to handle the construction as well as the media.’ Yuri sighed as she looked in her phone to take care of the damages as well as possible media coverage. She stopped to gaze at Yoona’s picture in her phone. She smiled before looking for the number for their construction crew.

 

Tiffany opened the door to the apartment that she hasn’t walked in since she returned to the facility. She pulled Jessica in and shut the door. She didn’t move from her spot nor did she turn to face Jessica at all.

“Tiff?” Jessica’s voice was worried, but it also had a bit of nervousness. Tiffany heard light footsteps on the floor as the girl made her way near her. She didn’t realize that she was tense until she felt Jessica’s hand on her back.

“Hey…” Jessica called out softly. She felt Tiffany hold her hand again but was shocked when she was pushed with inhuman speed. She opened her eyes after the impact of the wall on her back and noticed that they were now at the other side of the room.

“Tiffany.” She called out a bit louder this time. A familiar feeling rose in her chest. It was as if she could feel blood running fiercely through her veins. She knew this feeling. She used her free hand to caress Tiffany’s cheek, hoping that the girl will look at her. When crimson eyes stared back at her with an almost frustrated look, her mind went blank.

“Ti-” She was cut off by lips pressed on hers. She managed to look at Tiffany’s face before closing her own eyes and kissing back.

The grip on her wrist loosened and she felt arms wrap around her body, bringing her closer to Tiffany than to the wall. Jessica gripped at Tiffany’s shoulders tightly. The kiss was desperate. The time they spend without each other built stress inside them that was waiting to be unleashed.

“Jessi…” Jessica opened her eyes at the mention of her name. Hot crimson eyes contrasted with her icy blue ones. Gazes so intense, they looked deeper than any black hole and felt hotter than any fire.

“Tiff…” She called out to reassure Tiffany that she was there, listening. She caressed the girl’s cheek while looking directly still at her eyes.

“I missed you so much…” Tiffany spoke with almost exhausted voice.

Jessica knew what she was feeling. She knew that both of them felt that exhaustion … unable to wait any longer for the return of their love. And now that it burned in their chests; now that an urge burned in their hearts; now that their desire for each other is once again laid out before them, why stop it?

“Tiff…” This time, Jessica moved closer to lay a kiss on the other’s lips. How she cradled Tiffany’s face in her hands as their lips came in contact together, it was such a gentle desire. It was a desire not hurried, stained, soiled by lust that is mainly based on physical attraction.

Gentleness fought well with want. Though their kisses were more passionate than when they had begun, their caresses remained gentle, full of warm love and trust.

Suddenly, all movements stopped. Jessica pulled away, looking down and breathing heavily. Tiffany didn’t tear her gaze away from Jessica. Their flushed cheeks made them look so human. She smiled in a way that shows so much gratefulness. She was thankful. She didn’t need to say it.

“Sorry, it’s just… it’s been so long.” Jessica apologized. Tiffany looked at her lovingly, letting out a soft laugh.

“We both feel so human right now. And everything, I…  I feel like I’m melting…” Jessica admitted, blushing.

“Haha. I guess I pushed a lot on you today.” Tiffany said, pulling Jessica in an innocent embrace.

“No. Believe me, I would really want to, umm…” At this shy reluctance, Tiffany couldn’t help but giggle out loud. Jessica hit her arm lightly.

“Sorry. I can’t help it. You’re so cute, Jessi.” Tiffany said as she placed a light kiss on Jessica’s cheek. Jessica sat down on the couch next to them and Tiffany sat next to her, embracing her tightly. When Tiffany pulled away, she gazed at Jessica lovingly.

“I love you.” She merely said but it was worth more than it could seem.

“I love you too.” Jessica said, her eyes filled with happiness.

 

It was late at night. It was supposed to be peaceful but the conversation going on stated otherwise.

“How could you?! Why did you ask them to shoot Taeyeon?!” The stranger shouted over the phone.

“Now you can’t possibly be angry at me for doing that?”

“You promised that Jessica wouldn’t remember. She remembers everything! And Taeyeon got hurt… How could you?!”

“My niece is smart. She’ll figure out that it was me. I just needed to stir up a little trouble and she’ll come running back to me.”

“If you think that she will follow your orders again, then drop in your coffin! She won’t. There’s no way she will, not after you hurt Taeyeon!”

“Think again. Is that the only reason you called me?”

“I won’t take part in your plan anymore. All I wanted was for Jessica not to remember all those things she’s done. That’s why I had her make that garden! And that’s where she met someone who she loves even now! I will protect that happiness. If you try to approach them again, I will kill you!”

“Go ahead.  I care not whether you tell the truth. That doesn’t change the fact that my niece is back and your friend’s in a critical condition.”

“Critical? She’s stable.”

“ Haha… You can’t seriously believe that. The bullet used was a blood bullet. That’s why there was only an entry wound. Unlike the usual chemical that you set to explode in the facility, this is highly concentrated. I thought you would have figured that out by now. Well, I look forward to your visit.” With that, the call was dropped and the stranger hissed in frustration before throwing the phone on the ground, smashing it to pieces.

“You’ve really done it this time…” The stranger said to no one. After about an hour, the stranger stood up and walked elsewhere. They stopped before a room and entered.

The stranger stood next to the bed Taeyeon’s weak form was resting in the infirmary. Watching her friend’s body lying down unconscious was painful, but it felt even worse to know that she had let it happen. She reached out to touch Taeyeon’s hand.

“I didn’t know this would happen, Taeyeon…”

“Unnie.” Sooyoung didn’t turn at her accomplice’s voice.

“I didn’t know this would happen, Seo. If I did, I would have stopped it… If I knew that man’s plan from the start, I wouldn’t have gone through with all this.”

“Unnie. We have to tell Jessica unnie and the others. They deserve to know. That’s the only way we can all get through this.” Seohyun said.

“Fine. Where is Sunny?”

“She said she was going to their home to get Taeyeon unnie’s dukongs. She believes that when Taeyeon unnie wakes up, it will make her smile.” Seohyun said.

The two sat near Taeyeon’s bed for a long while. The door opened and soon, Sunny walked in.

“Oh, you guys are here. Thanks for looking out for Taeyeon while I was out.” Sunny said as she placed a bag down next to the bed.

“You don’t have to thank us for that.” Sooyoung said, moving to sit behind her desk. She sighed before looking at the clock.

“Sunny, I’m sorry.” Sooyoung suddenly said. Sunny looked at her.

“What for?” Sunny asked while holding onto Taeyeon’s hand.

“I’m the spy. I was responsible for the attacks. I’m responsible for getting Taeyeon shot. It’s my fault that Taeyeon is in a coma right now.”

 

A/N: Hey guys. Sorry about the delay. I’m having a hard time writing right now. It’s troubling me. I don’t have a major writer’s block but I feel like my writing is off. It’s like I don’t know how to write or what to write anymore. In addition, I am also writing another story and I don’t know how to write it as well. Even though I feel troubled with this chapter, I hope you guys enjoy it. As you might have guessed, it’s ending soon.

So, thank you for the subscribers and the readers that are together with me throughout story. Thank you very much for all the continuous support.

I don’t know when I can update again since I still have that feeling of uncertainty. You’ll know when I do though. See you guys next time. ^-^v