Dream 13: Betrayals

Dreams of Red Snow

Sunny and Sooyoung smiled at Tiffany due to her good mood.

“Well, I’m sure you did. Oh, those three are back. Are they getting back in class right away?” Sunny asked.

“I originally planned a three week detention but Suho convinced me to give them a week. I did it for him. He always worries about his friends. Also, those three, Chanyeol, Kris, and Lay, would be way behind in training if they miss three weeks.” Tiffany explained.

“Well, I just came to drop them off and say hi. Oh, by the way, Taeyeon wanted to know about the diploma you give to the graduates.” Sooyoung asked.

“That’s right… Suho is one of the graduates this year. Well, the diploma is basically synthesized blood. I inject it to them and I let them continue their life in society.”

“What’s in it?”

“… It’s my blood.” Tiffany looked up to see the expressions on Sunny and Sooyoung’s faces.

“It’s your what?!” Both exclaimed.

“You heard right. It’s my blood that I inject in the Deohyeo.” Sooyoung kept quiet but Sunny was confused.

“But, Tiffany isn’t your blood only for Jessica? Why are you giving it to them?” Sunny asked.

“It’s their cure.” Tiffany said but didn’t really explain.

“Well, I’ll deliver the answer to Taeyeon. Oh, and I gave Sunny some files that you can look at. It’s an update on the current events. Including Daniel’s death.” Sooyoung said as she pointed to the file.

“What?” Tiffany reached out for the file, which Sunny gave willingly. She read through it and she couldn’t help but sat back in her bed.

“How can this happen?”

“Yoona knows more of the actual event but the details in the file are what she told us this morning.” Sooyoung said as she head out for the door.

“I’ll come with you.” Sunny offered. Sooyoung shook her head.

“No worries. I’ll let myself out. See you guys in a day or two.” With that, Sooyoung left the room.

 

Yoona was currently in the SaJinSul café. Occasionally there were a few people coming in but she wasn’t overwhelmed by the work. After all, she’s done this even before she started working with Sunny.

In the past, there were times that Sunny didn’t come to work; instead she brought a camera with her and took pictures of the two of them together. She remembered the time when the Shi Dae members came together and the attacks just worsened. ‘The Deohyeo Incident…’ She thought to herself. She shook her head. ‘I should stop thinking about the past. It won’t help at all… Let’s see…’

She crouched down behind the counter. She paused in front of a drawer before taking a key from her pocket. She unlocked it and there inside was a leather pouch. She looked around before closing and locking it again. ‘I have to find out who it is.’ The door opened.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” ‘A new customer? Hm… A Deohyeo?!’ Yoona realized. She didn’t show any change in demeanor, making sure that the Deohyeo didn’t realize that he was known.

“Welcome to the SaJinSul café. May I take your order?”

“Um… I’ll take two orders of bubble tea.”

“What flavor do you want?”

“Umm… Ah! One chocolate and taro please.” The young Deohyeo said. He seemed very cheerful with the bubble tea, especially when he said the latter flavor.

“Okay, please wait a minute.” Yoona took the time to make the bubble tea and soon, it was ready. She gave the young man his order. She noticed that he was really tall and his eyes were not black. ‘He’s a graduate?’ She thought to herself.

“Thank you very much.” He said with a smile as he looked at the tea.

“You’re welcome. Please come again.” Yoona said, returning the politeness. The young man smiled once more before leaving. She sighed in relief, then the noticed a sheet of paper with the money on the counter. She picked it up to look at it. It read:

“I know Daniel hyung is gone. Here is his address. About that person you’re looking for… she’ll be at your house tonight. Here’s my number. Don’t give it to anyone until it’s safe. – OSH”

She was confused. She looked up and went outside the store right away. He was no longer there. She suddenly remembered Yuri. She took her phone out and was about to call Yuri when Tiffany’s number came on screen. She answered it.

“Unnie? What’s wrong?”

“Yoona. I need you to tell me what happened last night.” Tiffany’s voice was upset.

“I can’t leave the store today, unnie. You have to come over here.” Yoona said.

“Fine. I’ll be there in 5.” Yoona couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Five minutes is a short time. Travelling from Gangseo to Seocho isn’t exactly possible. The three Deohyeo took at least over half an hour to get to Seocho, Seoul. She placed her phone inside her pocket as well as the paper, awaiting Tiffany’s arrival.

In five minutes, sure enough, Tiffany came in through the doors. It was still very early to close so Yoona gestured behind her and Tiffany walked past the counter to the staff room. Yoona waited until the customers left to get back to their work. It was already past noon by this time. They both spent a lot of time. She flipped the sign and went to the back room.

“Sorry you had to wait for hours, unnie.”

“It’s okay. I’ll just start teaching tomorrow. But right now I need you to tell me what happened.”

“Unnie… I know it’s not easy for you to accept but the killings in the news from the nights before, it was all Daniel’s work.”

“… I still can’t believe it… He was my best students. He became a student teacher on that December that Taeyeon held that party for Jessica. He taught them while I was gone… He was like a younger brother to me.” Tiffany said, her right hand supporting her forehead.

“Unnie. I know it’s hard to see what happened to Daniel-”

“Who killed him?”

“Huh?”

“He met with you right? And you said he’s dead now. Who killed him?”

“I don’t know unnie. But they were strong. They weren’t like you or any Pure I’ve met before. Something was off this time.”

“How so?”

“Not that I’m not thankful that I’m not I’m hurt but whoever it was, I think they knew me.”

“Because they didn’t hurt you? I don’t think you have to know someone to save them, Yoona.”

“I don’t know unnie. It’s just a feeling but I can always be wrong.” Yoona said. Tiffany sat there trying to process all the information. Yoona looked at her.

“Unnie?”

“What is it?” Tiffany asked, looking up at her.

“I can… never mind. You should get back to the facility. And next time, drive. We’re trying to leave our pasts buried. The people around us don’t have to be reminded of the Deohyeo Incident. Taeyeon unnie would be worried if she calls in to check on you.”

“Ah… She would.”

“Taeyeon unnie would check up on the status first. If everything is stable, you could visit back here more often.”

“… You’re right. I just have to wait for a day or two.” Tiffany said before nodding then standing up.

“Sooyoung gave me the full report but I wanted to hear it from you… Come to the facility when you have time. I would enjoy talking to you, Yoona.” Tiffany said with a smile though she was still upset in the inside. Yoona could see that but it’s not like she can do anything.

“I’m really sorry, unnie.”

“No worries.” Tiffany said before leaving. Yoona watched as she jumped up a top of a building and vanished. She could only watch sadly, thinking about how troubled their predicaments are at the moment. She looked at the clock. It was only past 1. ‘She’ll be there tonight. What was it that I was going to do?’ She asked herself. Nothing came to mind. With that, she went back inside and resumed her job, turning the sign back on.

 

Once the area was clear, a stranger emerged from behind a wall. They watched the SaJinSul café from afar. Fangs clenched and brown iris turned into dark indigo. The stranger took out a phone and dialed again.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“They won’t be happy to hear this. Especially him.”

“What do you need me to do?”

“Follow Yoona. Don’t let her out of your sight.”

“Where is she right now?”

“I don’t know what that guy told her but she’s in the SaJinSul café.”

“Okay.” The call was soon dropped. The stranger gave one last look before turning their back to the café.

 

Krystal flipped through the channels. By this time, it was already afternoon. After a few minutes, she turned the television off and lay down on the couch. She looked at the time. It was a quarter past noon. She closed her eyes before calling to the girl in the kitchen.

“Sul~”

“Ne? What is it?” Sulli looked at her.

“I’m bored. Do something.”

“Eh? What can I do?”

“I don’t know. Just do something.”

“But I’m fixing lunch just in case Unnie wants to eat. She skipped breakfast. If she doesn’t eat, she’ll get sick.” Sulli explained. “Hey, what happened anyway?”

“Tiffany unnie had to leave because the organization has been infiltrated. We have a spy lurking around and they don’t know if he or she is connected to the attacks lately. So unnie is sad. Sul, sit with me.” Krystal said.

“Just a minute. I’ll just finish lunch.”

“Sul~” Krystal said, pouting but Sulli didn’t see it because she was preoccupied.

“Hm?”

“Sul~ Sul~ Sul~” This time, Krystal was using aegyo. It made Sulli lose concentration. She tried making the eggs perfectly but the constant sweetness was making her shudder.

“Please, just wait a minute.” Sulli tried. However, Krystal was being entertained by her reactions so she just continued.

“Sul~ Sul~ Sul~ Sul~li~” That was the last time. Sulli turned off the stove and placed down the spatula near the pan. She exited the kitchen while still wearing an apron. She made her way to Krystal lying on the couch.

“Oh, good! You hea-”

“Soojung, did you see my-” Jessica stood silent as the scene play before her. Krystal was lying down on her back on the couch and Sulli was kissing her on the lips. Sulli pulled away quickly when she realized that Jessica had seen her.

“Ah! Eh, Un…nie?” Sulli tried but Jessica seems really surprised. She looked at Krystal and weird enough, they had the same blank look. Krystal came back to reality earlier so when she realized that Jessica was looking, she quickly went to her sister.

“Ah, Unnie, I- we-”

“… Oh, don’t mind me. I was just going to ask if you found my pills around. My heard has been aching since last night. But don’t worry. Continue with what you were doing. I’ll just look for them myself.” Jessica said before going back in her room but didn’t shut the door until she was able to give a deadly glare to the young Choi.

The two young vampires were left in the room alone, everything silent that it was possible to hear a pin drop.

“Er… Sul-”

“I- I have to go out for some air.” With that, Sulli ran out of the apartment with a red face.

Krystal saw her red cheeks. After a couple of seconds, her fingers touched her lips, still tingling. She immediately went to her room, straight to her bathroom sink. She splashed her face with cold water but when she looked at the mirror, she just looked more flushed. Her hands were lightly shaking and it felt like her heart was going to burst. She closed her eyes, not noticing the smile that had graced her face.

 

Taeyeon had a frown on her face. ‘Who is it? How come they’ve deleted another set of files again? There can only be one person but, how can she?’

Knock! Taeyeon looked up to see Sooyoung entering the room.

“Oh, so how was the trip?”

“It was long but no worries. They got there safely.”

“Good. How was Sunny?”

“She’s doing really well. When I arrived, she dashed from the top floor to the entrance. She’s good on guarding the facility, you know.”

“She can always be trusted.” Taeyeon said with a smile, her eyes trailing to the picture on her desk. Sooyoung watched her and for only a second, something was wrong. But it was gone the second it appeared.

“I found out about the diploma. Turns out, the blood Tiffany uses for the diplomas is her own.”

“Why?”

“The only thing she said is that it’s a cure. Taeyeon, how long will this last?”

“This? Until we find out who is behind all these explosions and hacks, it won’t end.” Taeyeon didn’t see that same thing flash before Sooyoung’s eyes.

“It’s- never mind. I’ll take my leave now.”

“Hm? Ah, okay. See you later.”

 

The same stranger watching the SaJinSul café earlier that day went to the rooftop of the Shi Dae Organization building. The night’s darkness made the city lights shine like the stars but not as beautiful. The stranger’s brown eyes turned indigo as they raised their hand and waved it across the air. A familiar person’s smiling face appears as if from memory. The stranger sighed. Reaching in their pocket, the stranger took out a phone and dialed a number.

“…Yeoboseyo?”

“Sir. I don’t want to do this.”

“This is very important. You don’t want Jessica to remember right?”

“Yes, but-”

“Just do what I say and she will never remember. Did you plant another bomb yet?”

“Yes. I put the timer to explode soon.”

“Good. Now, don’t forget the reason you are doing this.”

“Yes, sir… Sir, Mr. Oh’s son betrayed us.”

“What? How did he get out?”

“I don’t know but I will let her take care of it.”

“Good. So how’s the kid anyway?”

“Before she could look for your information in the system, I plan on framing her for the incidents. I can plant her fingerprints in the scene and she’s the only one who is capable of the hackings.”

“Good. I expect good results. Don’t forget to look for the blade. Call me after the next attack.” With that, the call ended. The stranger’s indigo irises shined and tears escaped, trailing down smooth cheeks.

“Jessica… I hope you can forgive me…” The stranger was about to go back in the building but the phone rang again.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“We have a problem.”

“What is it?”

“Yoona…”

“What?!”

 

Yoona was on her way home. She rode the elevator to her floor. She suddenly remembered what she planned to do before Tiffany had called. She took out her phone to call Yuri.

“Ring… Ring… Ring… Hi, this is Kwon Yuri. I can’t get to your call right now. I’m busy with my Yoong. Leave a message and I’ll try to call you when I can. Beep.” Yoona smiled but dropped the call. Yuri was probably still in the building. ‘Well, better get this over with tonight. That guy said that he’ll be waiting in my house.’

She reached her floor. She unlocked her door and went in the house. She found Yuri’s shoes in the rack.

‘Oh? Yul’s home already?’

“Yul! I’m home.” She said. There was only silence. She suddenly became cautious at the silence. Usually, Yuri would meet her at the doorway if she was home.

“Yul?” She whispered it this time. No reply still. She made her way to the living room but no one was there. She found familiar clothing on the couch. Her eyes widened. She immediately went to their room but didn’t enter. There was a gap through the door but she didn’t want to look. Not when she heard a voice that did not belong to Yuri.

“Ah, really… Hurry up…”

Yoona didn’t want to believe what she was hearing. She leaned back on the wall as she tried to suppress any of her cries and tears. She slowly fell down on the floor, not uttering any sound.

“Yuri, hurry…”

Tears finally escaped and ran down her tears. She stood up and immediate pushed the door open.

“Yul… How could you?!” She said, tears streaming down her face as she saw Yuri turning to look at her, and another woman.

 

A/N: Hi guys. I’m sorry I didn’t update for two weeks and this one is kind of short. And you know, I am actually busier now but I promised an update so here it is. I hope you do enjoy this chapter. I’m going to write the next chapter right away but I might not post it until next Sunday. But I might still post it. Who knows? And I’m getting new story ideas. If only I had time to write every single one of them…

I would like to thank my current subscribers, new and old. I am very happy with your support for this story. Thank you very much for the upvotes as well. Thank you, icelover22, greensocks, and YoonYul-SNSD.

Oh, yesterday, I went to this karaoke party with my mom and my mom’s acquaintances from the office. We sang songs in English and in our native tongue. It was the only time in four years that I felt like I was back in my home country. And there were also some of them who know Big Bang, 2Ne1, and wait for it… SNSD! Aren’t you happy? Well, I know I am. See you guys soon. ^-^v