Dream 03: Déjà vu

Dreams of Red Snow

Even if eyes hadn’t opened yet, which explained the darkness, it was still shadowy everywhere. Brown eyes opened with start. Hands felt cushioned walls around so near the body. Eyes narrowed and blue hue started overtaking the brown in them. A large force seemed to move the walls at a high direction and the walls rigorously shook but didn’t break. The front wall opened with a push of a finger, letting in moonlight. One step. Two steps. Three steps forward was made.

Black leather gleamed at the moon’s stare. The scene in front, with heavily armed beings, was recognized. A couple of words were exchanged before one being in front held such a frightened expression. Turning to the others, a voice trembled in an attempt to persuade but it wasn’t successful as all was left of it was dust. With one look to the being clad in black leather, the others all held similar expressions and were driven to panic. Heading straight for the rails to escape, blue light surrounded each and every single one and it somehow restricted any movement, Blue eyes glared and widened, releasing force of unbelievable measure. All that was left was dust which was carried by the wind.

 

“Jessica!” Jessica’s eyes opened again, meeting with familiar worried brown eyes. She sat up and looked around, trying to find where she was. It was the forest-like garden. The trees were still bare but there was noticeably no snow around them. She looked down and saw that where she was lying was a blanket over the soft earth pressed down.

“You were dreaming again, weren’t you?” Jessica turned to meet Tiffany’s worried gaze. She nodded her head. A sharp surge of pain coursed through her head once again. She held her head with one hand while the other tried to find something to grab on. She was a bit surprised to see a palm with a pill before her and her water bottle was there beside her. She took the pill and drank, closing her eyes in waiting for it to take effect. A hand was once again placed on her forehead and it cooled the pain down.

“You know, if you’re going to sleep often and have dreams, just sleep once at night.” Jessica didn’t answer Tiffany.

“But then, I won’t be there when you’re sleeping.” Jessica’s eyes opened and met with Tiffany’s eyes at those words. With just a smile to accompany her words, Jessica couldn’t help but blush but also wonder why Tiffany was always like this around her.

“These dreams have been happening more frequently. This is the third time since I got back, whenever I am sleeping.” Jessica explained vaguely. Tiffany nodded.

“Well, they might be your memories.” Jessica looked at her questioningly.

“I heard that you were in a coma before you left Seoul and I was told that you forgot some things.” Tiffany reassured.

“Oh.”

“But please. Don’t force yourself to remember. I can’t help but notice that it’s hurting you.” Tiffany said staring straight at Jessica, which made Jessica a bit conscious.

“I will try.” Jessica muttered. She wasn’t looking but she could feel that Tiffany was smiling at her again. Just then, Jessica felt a drop of water hit her head. She looked up and another drop.

“Eh? It’s raining?” She heard Tiffany say and when she looked at the girl, she saw that there was a pout on the girl’s face. She smiled but turned so the girl wouldn’t see her face. She looked up again and felt another drop of water on her face.

“Don’t you think we better go home?” Tiffany asked.

“You can go home if you want to.” At that, Jessica quickly covered . The reply came out very fast and it seemed so natural that it scared Jessica a bit. She looked at Tiffany who was looking at her with wide eyes, clearly shocked from the words as well. She was shocked when Tiffany suddenly giggled.

“What?” She asked, forgetting the whole incident momentarily.

“I don’t know if you felt it but I felt like Déjà vu.” Tiffany said between giggles. Jessica didn’t say anything but blushed. She internally grudged herself. She’s been blushing more often than ever.

“I’m staying until you want to go.” Tiffany said before standing up. She placed the black leather coat she was wearing on Jessica so the girl wouldn’t get sick. Jessica watched her make her way to a large tree whose trunk was equally wide as well. The girl sat on one side and patted the side next to her.

“Sit with me?” Tiffany asked. Jessica nodded reluctantly before standing up and taking a seat next to Tiffany under the three. Jessica sat next to her for a while before she noticed that she wasn’t getting wet at all. She looked over at Tiffany to see her shoulder getting a couple of drops. She was about to say something when she saw the serene look on Tiffany’s face.

Tiffany was right. It felt like Déjà vu.

 

Taeyeon was hurrying to catch up with Sunny. Since Sunny left the building, there was no way that she would go to Taeyeon’s apartment since it was in the organization building. Taeyeon knew that Sunny would go to the café to cool off. After all, it was her, no, their own little place. She got there quickly and saw that the SaJinSul café had indeed been opened, seeing as the door was letting in air. She stepped in and looked around. There was not much change but there were wet footprints on the floor. She knew immediately that Sunny was here.

A familiar feeling washed over her and this bothered her. This meant only one thing. She gripped the box in her pocket and walked towards the room upstairs behind the counter. She knocked on the door.

“Sunny?” She called out. When she heard no answer, she opened the door. When she saw the lights turned off and the curtains drew together, she remembered the same dark scene five years ago. She gulped nervously, her hand gripping the box in her pocket as she made mind that she was going to do it. No matter what Sunny does, she was going to do it right now. Before Sunny starts something that would cause Taeyeon to forget about it, she was going to do it. She will resist.

“I will resist. I will resist.”  She thought over and over in her head. She went in the room carefully.

“Close the door.” Sunny’s voice suddenly said, causing Taeyeon to flinch in surprise. She closed the door and she was engulfed in darkness.

“Sunny, please listen to me.” She said to no one in the room. Her eyes tried to find something that could give her clues as to where the girl was in the room but unfortunately, she couldn’t find anything. But she did catch a scent. It wasn’t deadly so it was safe but not even Taeyeon could deal with an angry Sunny, especially if she’s…

“Tae…” Taeyeon froze when a body clashed into her own, arms wounding around her waist tightly. The arms rested on her stomach and hands stayed in her sides. Taeyeon gulped as she kept her hold on the box in her pocket. She stayed standing while Sunny was back hugging her.

“Tae~” The voice became playful and Taeyeon was even more nervous now.

“Sunny, I can explain-” A hand slowly made its way to , silencing her for a moment.

“Don’t say anything right now, Tae~ I don’t want to think of too many things at once.”  Sunny said slowly while hands started caressing Taeyeon’s sides. Taeyeon didn’t know if she would laugh or gasp at the feeling.

“What’s wrong, Taeyeon?” Taeyeon felt Sunny move so she was facing her. Incandescent lights switched on and it revealed Sunny’s eyes, combination of amber like Taeyeon’s and red. Taeyeon couldn’t say anything. Sunny closed her eyes and pressed her lips on Taeyeon’s. Taeyeon’s eyes widened before they closed as she pressed back. Sunny pulled away before the kiss deepened.

“Did the bunny got your tongue?” Sunny said with a low voice, her red amber eyes shining. Taeyeon could feel her brown eyes becoming lighter.

‘This is not good. At this rate, I-! No. You can do this, Taeyeon.’

“Sunny. We have to talk.” Taeyeon started.

“Hm?” Sunny seemed to be listening but she was doing something else. Her hands reached in Taeyeon’s button up shirt as she left light kisses on Taeyeon’s neck. One hand caressed her stomach while the other went south.

‘This is going to be harder than I thought!’ Taeyeon thought. She gulped again, trying to not think of the hands on her body.

“Sunny, I’m serious. Stop this right now.” She used almost all of her willpower and one of her hands to stop the hand going south. Sunny stopped but continued leaning on Taeyeon’s neck. Taeyeon let out a deep breath and that was when she noticed that she was leaning back on the door, with Sunny leaning on her as well. The hand on her shirt went out and rested on her neck, caressing a familiar mark on her neck.

“I’m listening.” Sunny said, not moving from Taeyeon. Taeyeon let go of the box in her pocket momentarily before grasping it again.

‘This is it!’ Taeyeon thought.

“I know this isn’t the ideal situation nor is it what I planned. But I’m sure you’re going to figure out anyway. So I’m going to ask you.” This made Sunny look at her, her eyes still red amber. Taeyeon let out a deep breath. She opened the box in her pocket and held the object in her hand. She raised her hand to the one that was holding her neck.

“Sunny, will you spend the rest of your life with me?” Taeyeon showed the ring to Sunny while the girl was still leaning on her. She watched as Sunny’s red amber eyes produced tears. Each tear that fell seemed to have carried their color as Sunny’s red amber irises turned brown.

Unable to speak, Sunny just nodded. Taeyeon smiled and slipped the ring in Sunny’s finger. She kissed the tears that came from Sunny’s eyes. Sunny embraced her right away, arms around her neck while she put her arms around Sunny’s body.

“I thought you’d never ask.” Sunny whispered between the tears before they stared at each other. They seemed to drown in each other’s eyes before they slowly leaned in until their lips met.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

They broke away and Taeyeon gritted her teeth at the broken moment. Sunny giggled at her as she smiled at the ring that now graced her finger. Taeyeon stared at the beeper. Sunny, confused as to why Taeyeon seems worried, looked in the beeper as well.

“What?” Sunny whispered incredulously. Both of them stared at the word that kept on flashing in the beeper.

[Warning!]

 

After a couple of hours staying out of the rain, it was already around three in the afternoon and the rain stopped. It was still bright but considering the previous weather, it delivered a rather bleak atmosphere. Jessica and Tiffany were still sitting on the same place beside each other.

“Let’s go home now. You need to dry up.” Tiffany said as she helped Jessica stand up. She managed to refrain Jessica from sleeping through the rain so there were no headaches.

“Let’s go to my place. It’s near here.” Tiffany suggested with a smile. Jessica only nodded as they walked together on the pavement. Suddenly, Tiffany stopped walking and held her wrist.

“Hm? Tiffany?” Jessica watched as Tiffany looked rather cautious. She looked around, hoping to find the source Tiffany’s actions but found none.

“What’s going on?” She asked, holding onto Tiffany’s sleeves.

“Please stand back.” Tiffany said, beckoning for Jessica to go behind her back. Jessica followed and watched as Tiffany took out a phone.

“Come on. Come on.” She heard the girl say. Tiffany looked at her and buttoned the black coat. Then someone answered.

“Taeyeon! What’s going on? I can smell them.” Jessica listened in the conversation.

“I don’t know but I’m sure the group got the message. Where are you?”

 “I’m near the garden. Quickly, and bring some of that.” Jessica was so lost when she heard the conversation. She does not understand anything.

“Tiffany, what’s wrong?” She grasps the girl’s forearm again. Tiffany removed her arm out of Jessica’s hold and slipped her hand so she’s holding Jessica’s hand. She kissed Jessica’s hand.

“I’ll protect you.” Tiffany said. Jessica blushed and was about to say something when a black van screeched and stopped in front of them. Taeyeon came out.

“How many are there?” Tiffany asked while Hyoyeon followed after Taeyeon.

“It’s odd. The beepers are going crazy, Tiffany unnie, but there are only three in sight.” Seohyun informed, showing a computer screen map of the area. Jessica saw Taeyeon next to Tiffany, folding down the turtleneck.

“What are you doing?” Jessica asked, a bit bothered about what Taeyeon was doing.

“Don’t worry. This will help a bit. Stay still, Tiffany.” Taeyeon said before injecting something Jessica didn’t know on Tiffany. Tiffany let out a deep breath.

“Alright, Jessica, please stay in here.” Hyoyeon gestured for her to enter the van.

“What’s going on?”

“I’ll explain later. Right now, I want you safe.” Jessica didn’t say anything in response to Tiffany’s statement but still went in the van. She watched as Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Hyoyeon disappear.

“You can watch here, Unnie.” Seohyun pointed to the monitors in the van. Jessica stared at the computer, showing a nearby area where she saw the three who just disappeared, standing.

“What’s going on?” Jessica asked Seohyun.

“Unnie, this is the Shi Dae Organization’s true affiliation. We are a vampire hunter organization.”

 

A/N: Hey guys. Here’s the next chapter. I answered the questions subtly. Don’t hesitate to tell me if it’s still not clear. I’ll do better on explaining at the next update.

Thank you for the new subscribers and for leaving your comments, guys. I appreciate it very much. And thank you for the upvote as well, from wynstelle.

Well, see you again on the next chapter. ^-^v