Dream 14: Along with the Dreams

Dreams of Red Snow

A young kid walked about in a carefree manner, slightly ahead of another young girl who walked to the side quietly. She looked back at the other, offering a smile and a hand.

“Come on. Let’s go.” The joyful girl said. The quiet one seemed reluctant at first, but stretched out her hand to allow herself to be pulled by her friend. However, a voice called her out, stopping her.

“Sooyeon! Come now. Your father is waiting.” A man in a suit called out. One of the girls looked back while the other still had her hand outstretched. Sooyeon looked back at the other but brought her hand down to her side. They shared a look that frightened the other girl. Not scared for her life, but scared for the other’s.

‘…’ And Sooyeon went to the man. The other girl frowned, seeing the uncomfortable look on her friend’s as she went along with that man.

“Bad man…” She says as the two walked away.

 

Sooyoung sat quietly in her office. Her head was cradled by her hands as she looked down at her table. There were a couple of papers on it but it was unlikely that she was troubled by what was written on them.

Tok! Tok! Tok!  She looked up to see Seohyun walk in.

“What to do now, Unnie?”

“Don’t do anything… we can’t do anything for those two. Any news since last night?”

“She hasn’t come back to their house. Why don’t we look for her, Unnie? It’s bad enough with the things going on, and I don’t believe that Yuri unnie could’ve really done it.”

“She has to handle this on her own. We can’t take our eyes away from this company or more lives will be endangered.” Sooyoung ended with a sigh.

“I want you to ask Taeyeon if you can get the day off soon.”

“Eh? What for?”

“It’s your anniversary with Hyoyeon in a few days. So go out and lighten up. It would be a pity to have you two here on a special day.”

“Oh, that’s right. Her present is coming today too. I better get it before she notices it. I’ll take my leave now, Unnie.” Seohyun said before leaving the room. Sooyoung looked back to the papers on her table before gathering them and placing them in her top-right drawer. A person at the door caught her attention.

“Oh, Jessica? Hi, how have you been?”

“I’m not feeling that great, Sooyoung. I can’t find my pills and I am having a hard time controlling the headaches without it.” Jessica said, sitting down across from Sooyoung.

“They haven’t been aching for a while though. What made the headaches come back?”

“I may sound crazy but I think it started up again when Tiffany left…” Jessica said looking down, completely missing a look from Sooyoung. The doctor let out a chuckle.

“It’s completely normal. Tiffany has that touch okay? Though most Pure vampires are said to have that ability, she is deemed to have the healing touch, not needing much contact for it to take effect. That’s why when she was around you, your headaches weren’t bad.” Sooyoung said, looking through some files.

“It’s almost noon. Why haven’t I seen Yuri or Yoona today?”

“They fought yesterday. Yuri called me last night, telling me that Yoona ran out and didn’t come back to their apartment.”

“Did she say what they fought about?”

“Yuri said that Yoona must’ve thought she was cheating because she was having dinner with another woman. They discussed business and later on, dined in their apartment but it must’ve been really bad for Yoona to believe it that way.”

“So Yoona hasn’t returned?”

“No. Yoona has been out all night and Yuri has been looking for her ever since… Oh, here’s a refill. I would recommend sticking to once a day but I feel like you don’t need them anymore.”

“Thanks. I’ll go now.” As Jessica was about to leave the room, Sooyoung called her.

“Jessica.” The girl looked back at her.

“Things will be better, okay?” Sooyoung said. This confused Jessica for a bit but she gave Sooyoung a smile and left the room.

 

Two men begged before a man in a suit. He gave them a sinister smile.

“Sooyeon.” He called. A young girl appeared from the darkness, blue eyes wild and filled with hatred.

“No! Please! Don’t!” They begged once more but a second passed and their cries were silent. Blood stained the carpet, snapping the young girl back to consciousness.

“Haa… Haa…” The young girl was mortified at the sight of blood. The man in the suit snapped his fingers and two other men walked in and dragged the bodies out. The young girl collapsed on the ground and remained still as death.

“Sooyeon. Good job.” The man said, putting a hand on her head, patting it.

Her eyes snapped blue and she glared at the man.

“Still up for it, Sooyeon? Alright. Come at me.” The man said.

Wasting no time, the girl attacked the man, fangs bared at him. She swung her fists to wipe that smirk off his face but she was young. She was untrained. The man caught her hand with no effort and pushed her to the ground.

“You are so adorable, Sooyeon. Such a little monster.” He said, amusement in his eyes. He crouched before her and reached out to repeat his gesture earlier when the door busted open.

“Sir! Mr. Jung is coming.”

“Keep this a secret, okay, Little Sooyeon?”

 

 Taeyeon didn’t even bother to check her computer. She knew that if she performed a scan, more files will go missing. But since she didn’t get any call from either Sunny or Tiffany, she knew she didn’t have to worry as much.

‘Sunny…’ She thought to herself before smiling. Anyone who might have seen her would’ve thought that she was crazy, smiling out of the blue. Her eyes trailed to the picture on her table.

‘Maybe I should go and visit her…’ She thought to herself again. She would probably go against her word but it’s not like she said that she, herself, isn’t allowed to visit. Seeing where her thoughts are going, she shook her head.

‘Kim Taeyeon! What are you thinking? What kind of irresponsible person are you? You’re being very unfair.’ As soon as she realized that she was talking to herself, she slapped her forehead and looked at the files that were on her table.

‘Uhh… for centuries, this is probably the first time that I ever thought that paper works are killjoys.’ She thought to herself and way back. All those centuries that she worked herself hard for the company flashed before her. She let out a sigh but she realized something.

‘I have been working for a long time. I deserve a break. That’s right. This trip to Gangseo district will only be a break.’ She thought to herself. Seeing no fault in the idea, she immediately stood up from her table and took her coat. She was happily on her way to the door when it opened, revealing the person she had just thought of visiting.

“Tae! I- where are you going?” Sunny asked, seeing that Taeyeon was dressed with her coat and her car keys are in her hand.

“I was actually on my way to see you. Sunny~ I missed you so- Wait a minute. What are you doing here?”

“I came today to see you. Tiffany said that she’s busy teaching today so I came alone. But tomorrow, she will come and visit Jessica. It is the weekend, after all. The Deohyeo are allowed to relax until their classes at night.”

“Hm… Yeah…” Taeyeon seemed in thought. Sunny smiled knowing what she was feeling.

“Don’t worry, Tae. Those two will get together soon. I’m sure this will all wrap up soon.”

“I feel really bad for splitting them up like that. I feel like I’m in the way.” Taeyeon said, looking down on the ground. Sunny embraced her from behind.

“You’re just worried about them. They understand it for sure.” Sunny said, applying pressure on Taeyeon’s shoulders.

 

“It’s amazing how dense a Jung can be... My brother doesn’t even suspect a thing.” A man said as he sat in, presumably, his office.

“Mr. Oh, how’s your son?” He asked the man before him.

“The tests are doing well. No doubt that his blood is turning black alright. With a few more chemicals, he will perfectly be a tainted vampire.”

“Your loyalty to me is unending, Mr. Oh. For you to kill your son’s blood, to use him as a test for my drug, you have my respect.”

“It’s nothing, Sir.” The man answered.

“Now. Where’s my beautiful Sooyeon?” The man in suit asked. He looked around the room. The one known as Mr. Oh spoke with utmost care.

“Should I call for the little Jung then?” Mr. Oh asked.

“No. I’ll call for her. Fetch me the Crimson Blade.” The mystery man said as Mr. Oh walked over to the other side of the room and presented a sword. The mysterious man slid it out of a scabbard.

“Ah, the Crimson Blade, the lover of the Ice Blade.” He said, looking at it with interest.

“Sir, I don’t mean to pry but isn’t that too dull to be even called a sword? It’s not even a knife.”
“Mr. Oh. I had forgotten that throughout all these years, you haven’t even seen it.” The man said, swinging the sword.

“This is the Crimson Blade, lover of the Ice Blade. You can see the red ruby lining at the center of the sword. It is rumored to have been created by a forest spirit to protect her human lover. Throughout all the years since then, only the sword remained, not even its scabbard. It may look dull but it’s the only sword that can call on its counterpart’s master with power much stronger than its lover.” The man said. He held it before him and flicked the blade.

Shing! The blade sung as if in pain, crying out.

Lights died down and the man sat while Mr. Oh seemed afraid. Clouds gathered outside and thunder was heard. No sooner than a second did as if to answer, a Cling! The windows opened due to the strong gust and in came a vampire in a dark garb, a familiar black coat. A sword was strapped to its back.

“Ah, my beloved Sooyeon. I need you to go forth. Some worthless humans are trying to kill our own. Finish them off.” He said, turning his back on her and his attention back to the Crimson Blade.

 

Jessica frowned in her sleep. Her hand made its way to her forehead.

“Ugh… Arh…” She groaned in her sleep. She tossed to the right, then to the left, then laid on her back. Her eyes suddenly opened, revealing cold, ice blue irises.

 

Everything was red. There was blood everywhere. Black and red blood was everywhere. Bodies lie dead for some time now. The scent of blood was disturbingly very addicting. A black leather-clad being was standing in the middle. Covered in blood as well, a sword in hand was thirsting for it. There were creatures attacking the being but they all fell dead.

 

“Unnie! Unnie!” Krystal was bagging in her door. She felt that something was wrong with Jessica. She tried opening the door but it wouldn’t budge. She raised her foot to kick it open but a force pushed her back to the living room, crashing on the small table.

“Krystal!” Sulli came to her side.

“What was that?”

“I don’t know. But whatever it was, we must keep it inside this room.” They both turned to Jessica’s bedroom door. There was something in front of it. And it was blocking them.

“Unnie!”

 

With each swing, more bodies laid dead. After some time, bodies were dissipating into air in forms of dust and ashes. More blood flew at every direction. The black leather coat glistened with the red fluid. The skies were stained with blood and as much as it wanted to cry, it couldn’t. The moon was stained with the same deadly color that it.

“Sooyeon!”

 

The force vanished and Krystal wasted no time kicking through her sister’s door. She found Jessica sitting up, drenched in sweat, breathing heavily.

 

The Ice Blade dropped to the drunk-with-red snow. Sooyeon stared at her father.

“Sooyeon… you can rest now…” He said, his voice calming the young girl. The older Jung rushed forward to catch his daughter’s falling figure in his arms. Another girl stood beside him.

“Apprehend my brother. Take the sword.” With a nod, the girl vanished.

 

“Unnie?” She called. Krystal gasp as her eyes met blue ones.

“Unnie?”

 

“You have betrayed me. How dare you use my daughter? Since you are my brother, I cannot let you die but you are banished to forever roam the earth until your ashes touch the ground, which will reject it as well as the winds and waters.” The Jung walked up and slashed his brother The man laughed maniacally before his brother.

“So be it.” Then he vanished. The Jung sighed in disappointment and a little bit of fear.

“I got both blades.” The girl handed it to the Jung. The Jung gazed at the sword.

“What are you going to do with the blades, Jung-ssi?” The girl asked with concern, her indigo irises filled with worry.

“Help Sooyeon recover. It would be a pity for little Soojung to be born with her sister so out of shape. I will keep both swords until she is ready.”

“And the Crimson Blade?”

“It will appear before its new owner.”

Sooyeon walked with the same girl who has always been there for her.

“Don’t worry. Believe it or not but gardening is very therapeutical.”

“I don’t know… Are you sure?”

“Here. This is one of your properties. Why don’t you try to make something out of it?” The girl said, gesturing to an empty plot.

Sooyeon was reluctant at first, but soon, she did work with the garden. One night, the Crimson sword vanished from its stand, appearing next to an eye-smiling girl. A few days later, she decided to laze around the garden, and that’s where and when she met a certain crimson-eyed Pure.

 

“Unnie!” Krystal called out louder. Blue irises changed back to brown and Jessica’s eyes focused on her sister.

“Unnie, are you-” Jessica covered her sister’s mouth to prevent her from speaking. She looked at Sulli. A silence hung above them. Seemingly understanding, Sulli nodded.

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait guys, with such a short chapter too. I’m afraid more details and questions with no answers yet, unless you can see through the story and me. And I am sad to say that this has no update about YoonYul’s relationship.

I have been very busy. But I did have a good Thanksgiving, thanks to a family friend. Did you guys have a good one too?

I am thankful for you guys, my old and new subscribers. Every one of you read by story, I am very thankful to. The upvotes from OnFany_KeyFany07, imhyorin, and forevergorJESS9, I am very thankful for as well.

I don’t know when I will have a smoother week but when I do, I will update. Thank you very much. See you guys next time. ^-^v