Dream 10: Separation

Dreams of Red Snow

It was the middle of the night. Yuri stirred and opened her eyes, slowly closing and opening them. Her eyelids felt heavy and she yawned. She looked at the time, 11:49pm. She tried turning her back to the clock but arms prevented her from moving. She looked behind her and smiled. Yoona had an arm around her torso and was lying right next to her.

She could feel the fatigue on the girl’s body. She felt bad that she caused the exhaustion but when she saw Yoona’s peaceful expressions, she just turned in the girl’s embrace and cuddled against her.

She didn’t know how long it was but she had awoken from her slumber once more. She got out of bed carefully and headed to the veranda covering her with a nightgown. She was face-to-face with a vampire. Before she could say a name, the vampire lifted a finger to its lips.

“Someone is looking for blood. Others will get hurt. Will you join me again?” The vampire said. Those words… Yuri hated them. She was about to reject it but her eyes drifted to Yoona’s sleeping form. She thought about it for a bit, weighing out the advantages and such. The vampire stretched out a hand for her to take. Yuri held the hand and kissed the red drop on it. She let go quickly.

“I’m not leaving Yoona. But let’s meet tomorrow.” Yuri disregarded the disappointed but knowing look the vampire gave her. But she knew it herself.

“Let’s meet tomorrow.” Yuri said with a final tone. With that, she turned her back to the vampire and settled to her place near Yoona. Without even a sound, she knew that the vampire was gone. If she wants to meet it again, she will have to wait tomorrow.

 

The Next Morning

The sun had not come up yet but you could see the bright orange lights behind the other buildings. A red-head stirred slightly and within a few seconds, opened her brown eyes fully. She sat up with a jolt, looking around to see where she was. Realizing that she was in her own room, her body relaxed.

‘What happened yesterday? …Oh, that’s right. I had a date with Jessi… and-!’ She sat up once again only to finally register that someone was holding her hand. She looked and her eyes widened.

“I can’t believe you’re still asleep…” She used her free hand, her finger tracing the sleeping girl’s cheek. There was warmth. It was comforting. She pulled away her hand when Jessica’s eyes fluttered slowly. Sleepy ones met smiling ones.

“Good morning, Jessi.” Tiffany greeted.

“Morning. Are you feeling better?” Jessica asked while rubbing the sleepiness off her eyes.

“I’m alright. How about you?” Suddenly, Tiffany remembered the reason she exploded yesterday.

“How is it? Did you get it checked?” Almost knowing what she was talking about, Jessica nodded as she raised her sleeve.

“I let Sunny bandage it.”

“Why didn’t you go to Sooyoung and had it checked?” Tiffany asked, more worried about the wound.

‘I didn’t want to go. I wanted to wait for you to wake up… Like I would say that!’ Jessica battled with herself on what to say. “I’m fine. It was just a scratch.”

“Not that I don’t trust Sunny’s skills but I would prefer that we go to Sooyoung and have it checked out.” Tiffany said as she got out of her bed. She guided Jessica to her bathroom.

“Is it okay if I check out the wound?”

“… I guess.” Jessica said before nodding. Tiffany tugged on Jessica’s shirt. The girl looked alarmed and suddenly became flustered.

“Do I have to…?”

“I won’t be able to see it if you don’t remove your shirt.”

“Can’t we just lift my sleeves?”

“No. If it needs attention, the sleeves will make it complicated.” Tiffany said with a firm voice. ‘She can’t be suggesting that I remove my shirt? This is way to intimate! But… I have a feeling… no. I should just do it.’ Jessica contemplated before removing her shirt with a little bit help from Tiffany. She watched as Tiffany inspected her wound after the bandages were removed.

Tiffany was focused at the inspection. She frowned. It was a long scar but judging from how it looks, it wasn’t deep. She didn’t like how it just broke Jessica’s skin. She could erase it but she wasn’t about to take a chance in something the girl would possibly reject to, especially in their current relationship status.

“Can you do something about it?”

“Honestly, I want to do something about it but I would rather not… I am not in the position to do so.” Tiffany had to hold herself back.

Jessica noticed it but she didn’t know what to do about it. ‘Do what?’

“Do what exactly?” She asked Tiffany. The girl looked down guiltily which caused Jessica to raise a brow.

“What is it?”

“It might hurt a little.”

“What might?” Jessica was nervous but she didn’t want to show it.

“I have to open the wound again and well… um… uh… How can I say this?” Tiffany turned from Jessica and covered her face with her hands. By this action, Jessica just became more confused.

“It’s already stinging a bit so you might as well do something.” Jessica said with a final tone. Tiffany was still a bit unsure but did turn to face her.

“Would you turn your back to me?”

“Why?”

“That way it will be more comfortable for the both of us.” With that, Jessica turned her back to her. Tiffany moved closer to Jessica and placed both her hands on Jessica’s wounded arm, slightly far from the wound.

“This might sting a little.” Jessica waited patiently until she felt a warm breath over the wound. She felt her skin break slightly, she flinched.

“Sorry. I-” Before Tiffany could even start, a phone rang. Taking it as a cue, Tiffany moved from Jessica’s side and stood up.

“I’ll get it. I’ll apply the bandages again. I’m very sorry.” Tiffany apologizes before exiting the bathroom. Jessica pulled herself closer together and held her shirt with one arm over her front torso. ‘Did she just… tried to…’

“I understand. We’ll be there in half an hour or so. See you there, Taeyeon.” Jessica heard the phone call end.

Tiffany appeared back in the bathroom door and paused, seeing Jessica’s red cheeks. She didn’t smile. Her brows were slightly furrowed, her eyes almost downcast. She cleared to make Jessica know that she was there. The girl looked at her.

“I… I’ll just bandage it again. I’ll get the first aid kit.” Tiffany said before leaving Jessica in the bathroom.

Jessica looked at the floor as she held onto her right arm with her left hand. Her eyes expressed uncertainty. She transferred her gaze to the blood running down her arm. She sighed.

“Here.” She turned to see Tiffany with the kit. She waited as Tiffany bandaged her wound after disinfecting it, causing a bit of sting.

“I’m sorry.” Tiffany said.

‘What is she saying sorry for?’ Jessica thought. But she didn’t say anything.

 

Shi Dae Organization, Taeyeon’s office

Taeyeon’s brows were furrowed. Her forehead rested against her clasped hands. The computers in front of her were functional but once again, organization data are missing. Yesterday’s records were gone. They had been deleted again. Yesterday’s fight was recorded but only in the area where the fight was held and when the three Deohyeos left. She had accessed her profile to get the security footage from the Gangseo facility but there was nothing they could get a lead from.

Knock! Knock!

 Taeyeon looked up to see Yuri.

“Oh, Yuri. Good morning. How’s Yoona?”

“I told her to wait for Tiffany and Jessica. Taeyeon, I need to talk with you. The reason I fainted yesterday morning…”

“Yeah. Sooyoung said that it was due to dehydration.”

“That’s not it. You forget, Taeyeon, that I, as a Pure vampire, don’t need to drink blood from time to time. I can go on for a long time. I don’t even have to drink blood as long as I have Yoona. But something happened yesterday. In the file room-”

“Yuri, Taeyeon. Good morning. I have to talk to you about something.” Sooyoung said entering the office.

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yesterday, Seohyun mentioned that she found a trail of ice. I also examined the wounds on one of the Deohyeo. They are caused by the Ice Blade.” She paused and continued. “Tiffany called Jessica’s sword again.”

“Do you know where it is? When I asked Tiffany, she said it went back to its scabbard.”

“I don’t know. It had been missing. Even Jessica’s guns. They vanished ever since the end of the Deohyeo Incident.” Sooyoung said as Hyoyeon and Seohyun entered.

“By chance, is Tiffany using Jessica’s sword in place of her own?” Taeyeon asked. The four in the room looked at her and pondered.

“You mean Tiffany has her own sword?” Yuri asked.

“Yes. It’s a straight-edge whose blade is lined with a red mineral. I don’t know what it is but the sword has a dull blade. I doubt it can even cut my finger.”

“Well, if that’s the case, that’s a possibility. However, the Ice Blade only responds to the call of its master. I guess when Tiffany and Jessica were still together, their power became balanced. Now, it will also respond to Tiffany’s call.” Sooyoung explained.

“Okay. That’s one of the mysteries gone.” Taeyeon turned to Yuri. “So what was it you were going to say?”

“No. Never mind. It’s not important.” Yuri said it with an underlying tone, hoping Taeyeon would disregard their conversation.

“Okay, then. I would like to wait until Tiffany and Jessica get here. I already-”

Knock! Knock!

“Come in.” Taeyeon said with a smile, seeing as Sunny and Yoona brought in Jessica and Tiffany.

“Ah, okay. Now, we’re ready. Take a seat everyone.” When everyone was seated, Taeyeon began.

“I didn’t want to bring this up but it was important that you guys knew about it. And it is the reason that I will require your cooperation.” She paused before continuing.

“I’m afraid that system can’t be trusted right now. Though I won’t close off the system as it is important for the organization, I want you to be careful of the files that you run through the system. Sooyoung, the lab operations you executed in the system ever since the first group of Deohyeo appeared to present, I am requiring you to submit a written report.”

“What?!” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“It can’t be helped. Hyoyeon, when you’re going through the training room records, make sure that the team’s information are not updated. I also require it to be written.”

“Understood.” Hyoyeon said.

“Seohyun, when you are going through the files, check everything for any changes. If there are changes, look for patterns. Passwords can no longer protect the files. It’s okay if it’s just the stocks. The company could do well without them. It’s better to handle an outsider from a competing company than in the vampire business.”

“Okay, Unnie.”

“Wait! What is going on with the system? What’s with all the written reports?” Sooyoung asked.

“The system has been hacked. Even when I changed the passwords, this morning, when I checked again, the files are missing. More files are missing. Our profiles and the employee ones are untouched so I guess the spy isn’t from a competing company but it is never wrong to be sure.”

“Is there anything we could do about it?”

“I am not sure what I can do. The system has been hacked so much and expertly that even the alarms and the notifications are not registering. Right now, our system is no different from computers at internet cafes.”

“What do I have to do, Unnie?” Yoona asked.

“I want you to help Sooyoung or Seohyun. I need the files as soon as they are filled out. I will help you with the file ro-”

“Taeyeon!” Yuri suddenly called. Taeyeon looked at her.

“Let me do the chores in the file room. Yoona can help Seohyun instead.”

“Yul?” Yoona looked at Yuri but Yuri didn’t look back at her, instead stared straight at Taeyeon.

“Okay. Sunny, if it won’t cause you any trouble, I want you to take trips to the Gangseo district as often as you can. I can trust you that you’ll catch anyone who approaches the Deohyeo facility. Call me right away when someone comes.” With that, Sunny nodded. Tiffany looked confused for a bit. She was about to raise her hand to ask but Jessica just asked.

“Taeyeon. What’s the reason Tiffany and I are here?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon looked at her and from just that, apprehension built in Jessica’s stomach. She suddenly stood up and turned her back from the others.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked, clearly not picking up on the situation yet.

“Tiffany.” Taeyeon called. Tiffany looked at her. “I’m assigning you back in the Deohyeo facility. It will be safer if you continue teaching back there. Make sure that the rest of the Deohyeo are well and safe. I heard that the Deohyeo at the infirmary won’t have any problems once they wake up. When they do, I will send them back safely to the facility.” The others, except Sooyoung and Taeyeon, looked at each other then back to Taeyeon. Tiffany stared at Taeyeon, expressing unbelief. Silence engulfed the room. The others looked at Jessica who had her back turned to them still. Finally, Tiffany spoke.

“Do I have a choice?” Tiffany asked.

“I’m afraid that’s what I need you to do. That’s your main priority right now.” Taeyeon said with a sad look on her face, completely understanding.

“I can still come back from time to time right?” Tiffany asked. When Taeyeon became silent, she understood right away.

“That would depend on the situation. If another attack doesn’t persist, then yes. You can come back to the organization. However, if one more attack happens and our system is hacked once more… if the alarms are once again late, then I require you to stay there until all the Deohyeo are graduated.”

“… I understand.” Tiffany said as she stood up. She walked next to Jessica.

“Jessi?” She called. Jessica didn’t turn to her but dropped her hands to her side. Tiffany felt Jessica’s hand envelop her own. When Jessica walked towards the door, still holding her hand, Tiffany followed. When the two exited the room, there was silence still in the group. Sunny touched Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Are you sure that was the best decision?”

“Tiffany is the only one that can make sure the Deohyeos are safe. She has been teaching them for five years ever since the last event from the Deohyeo Incident. She knows them better.”

“How about Jessica?”

“Right now, Jessica should know better. There are more important things other than for her to remember.” Taeyeon said as a final.

She turned back to her computers while Seohyun went to the next table and opened her computers, checking for the systems. Yuri went to the file room while Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Yoona went out the room. The three were cautious. When they didn’t see Jessica and Tiffany outside, they headed for the elevator. Yoona went to the base lab with Sooyoung while Hyoyeon went straight to the training room.

Sunny stayed in the room for a few minutes looking at Taeyeon before she looked down on the floor. She headed out of the room but not before sparing a look at Taeyeon. Her eyes were sad but she didn’t want to bother Taeyeon. At the closing of the door, typing sounds from Taeyeon stopped. She sighed heavily.

“Unnie… isn’t there any other way?” Seohyun asked.  “It’s been a while since Jessica unnie and Tiffany unnie got to spend time together.”

“I know it’s been hard on them, Seohyun. If it was me being stationed away from Sunny, I wouldn’t be happy about it as well, especially if we were in those two’s place. But I’m afraid that this is necessary for now. I will try to lessen the time Tiffany spends away from Jessica. As much as I don’t like to admit it that even as an immortal, not everything is in my range of control.”

“Unnie…”

“It’s okay, Seohyun. Just do your job and hopefully, in just a few days this will be over.” Taeyeon said before starting to type again. Seohyun looked at her and back at the computer screen. She turned to look at Taeyeon again and was about to open . However, she decided against it. She turned back to her computer screen and opened the profiles to check any activity.

 

Jessica was upset. Tiffany didn’t need Jessica to tell her that. She knew. The way Jessica was holding her hand right now, it was very nostalgic. When they were both living as Sooyeon and Miyoung, Jessica always held her hand like this. It was as if she was going to vanish and Jessica was trying to make sure that she wasn’t going to vanish.

“Let’s go back to your house.” Jessica said. It was the first sentence Jessica said ever since they heard the relocation. Tiffany remembered something.

“Wait. Don’t we have to see if Sooyoung can look at your wound?”

“Right now, I don’t want to be anywhere near anything but you. So let me be selfish.” Jessica said it with such a tone that Tiffany remembered Sooyeon. When she was Tiffany and Jessica was still Sooyeon…

‘You’re not being selfish… I have been selfish ever since I met you again five years ago…’ Tiffany wanted to say that. She wanted to tell Jessica everything she had been keeping inside herself. She didn’t know what would happen or how Jessica would react.

“Jessica. I-” It was then did she realize that they were back in her room. She looked around and it was no mistake. She was back in her house, her room right now. She found the bathroom door open again and Jessica was back on where she was earlier.

“Jessi?” She asked, not quite wanting to be right at what Jessica might be proposing.

“It’s hurting again. Continue what you were about to do earlier. Whatever it is, do it.”

“Jessi… I…”

“I’m telling you. Do it now.” Jessica said. Tiffany knew what she was thinking. Even if their bond was blurred when Jessica became human, she still knew Jessica. She still knew Sooyeon and right now, Jessica was acting like Sooyeon. She knew what Sooyeon was thinking.

‘I want to spend as much time with you as possible. You’re going away, aren’t you? Then spend the last moments with me… So when you come back…’ Tiffany could almost hear Sooyeon’s thoughts.

“Alright.” Tiffany said. She went over next to Jessica and removed her blouse.

“I’m going to open it again.” Tiffany warned.

“…” Jessica didn’t say anything.

With a blow on the wound, it opened and blood flowed once more. It was stinging and Jessica could feel her blood flowing down her arm. She opened her eyes and turned to Tiffany. Her eyes widened.

“Tiff-” Before she could completely call Tiffany, cinnabar eyes turned to her and back to the blood. Starting from where the blood was flowing down, Tiffany kissed the drop, before going up slowly, on the skin lightly to make sure there was no blood left.

Jessica blushed deeply and clenched her teeth. There was a familiar feeling inside of her and she had an urge to stop herself from expressing it. Something told her that she had to keep it in for the mean time.

Finally, now, Tiffany’s mouth was just above her cut and she felt lips close on it. She closed her eyes tightly at the sensation.

“Ah…”

Jessica didn’t know who made the sound. She didn’t even know they were standing up. She could see herself in the mirror. She didn’t notice that Tiffany’s hold on her was ardently amorous. Tiffany had her left hand on Jessica’s waist, pulling her close, and her right hand holding Jessica’s left wrist. Jessica didn’t even realize her right hand was about to bury themselves in red locks. She closed her eyes and let the feeling wash over her. It wasn’t only that the feeling was beautiful, it was the familiarity that drawn her to it. She opened her eyes again and she saw her eyes.

They were blue.

Her eyes widened and she stopped Tiffany by nudging at her. Thankfully, Tiffany looked at her, her eyes still cinnabar.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked Jessica. But Jessica’s eyes were brown. Jessica quickly dismissed the thought.

“Never mind… are you…”

“Yeah. I just finished.” Tiffany said, her eyes slowly turning back to brown. She pulled away from Jessica so the girl could inspect the wound. Sure enough, the wound was no longer there.

“Wow… how did you do that?” Jessica asked.

“It’s one of my powers.” Tiffany said while Jessica looked at it, very amused.

“… you’re not allowed to do it for anyone.” Jessica whispered. She meant it as a really low and quiet whisper but for some reason, Tiffany still understood it. But Tiffany pretended that she didn’t hear it.

‘It only works for you, Jessica… Only a Pure can do it…’  Tiffany thought with a smile.

 

A/N: Hi, guys. I know this is late but I still hope you enjoy it. I got busy and progress reports for grades were handed out last week. I feel like I'm failing English. Ha… I thought it was my best subject but I guess I was wrong.

Thank you once again for the new subscribers and those who are still with me. I do hope you still read and don’t forget about the story. Again I’m really sorry if I don’t update as consistent as possible. I’ll try to but I can’t promise. I haven’t checked who gave the upvotes but I am grateful. Thank you very much.

I’ll try to update. I promise, especially at this time of the story. I am excited at the ones I’m thinking about and I can’t wait to share them to you after DoRS. See guys on the next update. ^-^v