Dream 01: Starting again

Dreams of Red Snow

A black leather coat danced on the wind’s breeze. The sun wasn’t awake yet, causing the cold to set in. The cold bit on skin even if it was wearing the coat. A view of the city was before glimmering blue eyes. Narrowed, eyes focused on another pair. A pair of cinnabar ones bore on to blue ones. Blue ones close and once they opened, there was none. Brows furrowed at the lack of red hue in the central vision. Turning to seek the same pair, disappointment set in when there was none. Eyes closed again.

Opening again, they revealed a city, broken. Cracks on every building did widen and broken windows did not mend. Streets bore their own wounds with their pavements full of craters and roads unnaturally elevated from the ground. Blue eyes bore confusion at the scene. Having a feeling, they turn once again to see what looked like groups of beings of brute force and spiteful anger. They came closer. And closer. And closer.

                                                                               

Eyes opened followed by ragged breathing. They scanned the area and found a familiar place. Hands went through locks of hair and the head rested on knees as the figure sat up.

“What was that?” A weak voice whispered in the dark. Ragged breathing had slowed down but anxiety was still in place. Brown eyes found a bottle on the night stand. The headache set in. Her hand slowly reached for the bottle, trembling they shook. Finally taking the bottle in her grasp, she opened it, took one pill, and placed it in . A bottle of water was set next to her and she drank it.

Her head throbbed. She can’t remember. She can’t remember anything. She can’t feel anything but the pain on her head and in her chest, her heart wrenched in confusion as well. Her eyes remained closed until pair of cinnabar eyes flashed before her mind, making her eyes open widely.

“Stop...” She whispered in the dark, still clutching her head. The burning emotions in those cinnabar eyes, they were too overwhelming. Her heart beat hastily at the memory of those eyes staring at her. She didn’t know how long did she revel at this but soon, the sun was up and her ears picked up a familiar sound of footsteps on their way to her room. She immediately lies down and tried to sleep again. As expected, the door opened, revealing an energetic adolescent.

“Unnie?” The girl called out silently as she walked in. The older one didn’t stir. The youth came in more calmly now.

“Unnie! Unnie! Wake up~” She started waking her sister up. Since the older one was still conscious, she answered right away.

“Uhh… Krystal? Haaa… What is it?” She stirred but didn’t make any motion to get up. Krystal had a very wide smile on her face for two reasons. One, her sister was surprisingly easier to wake up, and two…

“Sulli is coming back today! And I need to pick her up.” Krystal was now jumping up and down on her sister’s bed. The older groaned for Krystal’s jumping up and down was making her dizzy but it wasn’t something she couldn’t handle.

“Who made that decision?” Her voice came out rather slurred because of the constant jumping from the other. She could feel the other smiling still.

“I did! So can I borrow your car?” The jumping stopped and the older Jung sighed in relief. She could finally feel herself slipping to a restful slumber.

“…” Krystal waited for an answer. She realized that she was sleeping again.

“Unnie~” She tried.

“Haaa… Only if I go with you… I’m driving…” The older said, her voice trailing off.

“But Unnie, you’re not even up yet.” Krystal said, pouting at her sister.

“…” No answer.

“Unnie!” She called out again.

“…” Krystal was still pouting at her sister.

*Knock* *Knock*

At the sound, Krystal turned her attention to her sister’s bedroom door. Her advanced hearing could hear the door opening after a jingle of keys and a familiar scent was caught.

“Good Morning. Hello?” Krystal confirmed her guess when she heard the voice. She also couldn’t help but giggle at the confusion from the voice. She could only imagine their visitor coming in a room with no one present.

“Oh! Tiffany unnie!” Krystal called from her current location. In a few seconds, Tiffany appeared, peeking in the bedroom. Krystal saw her sister turn to look at the person on the door. Their eyes met.

“Good Morning, Jessi!” Tiffany loudly greeted the older Jung, her eyes forming into crescents. Jessica sat up.

“What are you doing here?” She asked a bit coldly. Tiffany just smiled at that. It irritated her.

“I came to pick up some papers Taeyeon gave you yesterday. I left early from the party remember. She told me that I could pick them up from here.” Jessica stared at her. Then she remembered.

“Jessica, can you keep this until morning? I forgot that I had to give this to Tiffany.” Taeyeon requested, handing her a large envelope.

“Sure. But why me?” Jessica questioned, taking the envelope anyway. Taeyeon smiled.

“It’s to make both your days better.”

Jessica didn’t understand what Taeyeon meant by that until now. She smiled as she ran a hand through her air. She looked at Tiffany, then at Krystal.

“Since you two want me up, I’m up.” She said. Krystal squealed and jumped down slightly from Jessica’s bed.

“Why are you excited? Is anything happening today, Krystal?” Tiffany asked, while eyeing Jessica on the bed.

“Sulli is coming today. Yesterday, when we arrived here, she told me that she will come to Seoul as well. So I am going to pick her up with Unnie’s car.” Tiffany nodded, understanding why the younger Jung would be excited. When Krystal went out of Jessica’s room, Jessica noticed that Tiffany was still there, standing, watching her.

“The envelope is on the living room table. I’ll be out in a few.” Jessica said, hoping that Tiffany doesn’t plan on staying and watching her for the whole time. When Tiffany didn’t move, she got out of bed and walked behind the girl.

“Come on. Out. Out. Wait there with Krystal.” She led Tiffany out the room. The last thing she saw was Tiffany’s back before she shut the door. She paused for a moment before sighing.

“I know she’s hiding something from me… But how can she be so weird?” Jessica remembered their encounter and talk last night.

“I can wait.” Those words echoed in her mind.

“Why can’t she just tell me?” She said to herself as she walked towards the bathroom. She took a shower and got ready once she was finished. She was wearing beige pants with a blue sweater over a simple black shirt. She opened her bedroom door.

“Hi, Jessi!” Jessica’s heart nearly jumped out of her chest as she stood frozen, staring at Tiffany.

“What is wrong with you?” Luckily, she didn’t show that she was surprised, but on the inside, she felt like her knees were so weak that they might just give up on her. She made her way around Tiffany to the kitchen. Krystal was there, cooking.

“Oh, Unnie, breakfast will be finished soon. Just wait a bit.” Krystal said.

“Hm. What time are you picking Sulli up?” Jessica asked, opening the fridge and took out the milk carton. She poured the milk on a glass she was holding. She returned the carton back on the fridge and she drank her milk.

“In two hours. I still have time before I have to go.”

“Don’t you mean we? I’m coming with you too.” Jessica clarified.

“Eh? But I thought I could go alone.”

“It’s my car. So I’m coming with you.” Jessica said.

“But Unnie~ can’t I spent the day with Sulli today? You have Tiffany unnie to accompany you after all.”

“Mwo?” Jessica turned to Tiffany, who was by the living room, waving at her after sending her a smile.

“You’re leaving me with her?” Jessica didn’t want to sound mean but from the way Tiffany had been acting around her, its bothering her too much.

“Yeah. You won’t even notice that I’m gone. Don’t worry.” Jessica thought about it for a bit.

‘I guess it won’t hurt.’ She thought.

“Okay.” Krystal smiled.

“That’s settled then. Tiffany unnie, can you accompany Unnie today? While I’m gone?” Tiffany nodded with the same smile on her face.

“Sweet. Now, breakfast is ready.” Krystal prepared the table for tree. In the three plates were eggs and two pieces of bacon each. They had some orange juice on their glasses except for Jessica who was already drinking milk. Krystal also prepared some toast so it was like a typical breakfast.

“Thank you for the food.” They all said before eating.

 

Taeyeon was in the Shi Dae building as usual. She had some papers in her left hand while her right hand held her phone. She was checking her schedule, looking for things to do next. She was too busy looking into it that she didn’t notice a familiar person, sneaking up on her. The girl had been walking behind her for a while now and she didn’t even notice it. Finally, the girl seemed fed up of Taeyeon not noticing so she decided to handle it her own way. She stopped walking and when Taeyeon was at a good distance, she bolted towards the unsuspecting Taeyeon and jumped on her back.

“Oof!” Of course, Taeyeon didn’t expect it that she didn’t have enough time to react. She fell, face flat on the floor. The papers she had were still in her hand and her phone on the other. Taeyeon raised her head. There was only one person who would dare do this. Taeyeon stayed still, the person on her back was not getting up.

“Tae?” The voice asked. Taeyeon smiled playfully before swiftly turning, bringing her arms around the girl’s figure and standing up. The other girl yelped as she was carried by Taeyeon.

“Sunny~” Taeyeon called sweetly before giving a kiss on the girl’s cheek. Sunny was blushing and Taeyeon didn’t notice it yet.

“Tae! Put me down.” Sunny said, protesting a bit in Taeyeon’s hold. Taeyeon innocently looked at Sunny.

“Why?” She asked.

“This position… it’s…” Sunny’s voice trailed off. Taeyeon just smiled.

“What about this position? I find it very comfortable.” Taeyeon whispered to Sunny, putting her forehead against the girl’s.

“Ya! ByunTaeng, stop destroying our staff’s mind.” Taeyeon turned her head at the voice to see a raging Hyoyeon, followed by a nervous Seohyun. She reluctantly let Sunny down but still wrapped her arms around Sunny.

“There. Happy?” Taeyeon gave a merong to Hyoyeon.

“Why you?” Hyoyeon almost lunged at the girl if it wasn’t for Seohyun.

“Unnie, calm down.” Seohyun said nervously but it still made Hyoyeon stay still.

“But Seo, aren’t you irritated that this midget is spreading her byun thoughts all over?” Hyoyeon tried while pointing at Taeyeon who still had the merong and her arms around Sunny.

“Ya! You’re short too.” Taeyeon retorted.

“Unnie, it is pretty troublesome at times…” Seohyun started.

“Ha! Told you.” Hyoyeon voiced out.

“But in Taeyeon unnie’s defense, she’s still the head and she does keep her actions to a minimum.” Taeyeon smiled at Seohyun.

“Thanks, Seo. We’ll be in my office, okay?” Taeyeon said, dragging Sunny with her. Hyoyeon just glared at Taeyeon until the two danshins vanished.

“Seo~” She whined. Seohyun blushed at Hyoyeon’s antics.

“Why did you take her side as well?”

“It’s just that I am not one to take sides, unnie.” Seohyun tried to say with a straight face but failed miserably. Hyoyeon smiled and came closer to Seohyun to give her a kiss on her cheek.

“I know. That’s my Seo.” Seohyun smiled and they continued with work.

 

Doe eyes opened at the sun’s rays. It peeked from the room’s window, which was opened. The breeze came in and played with the curtains, causing them to sway at its gentle push.  

The owner of those doe eyes tried to stretch but finds herself failing. Brows furrowed at this restraint. She tried moving again but she simply couldn’t break free. She turned her head, only to meet something she would rather have not. She gulped. She immediately found out what was it that was restraining her movements.

“Yuri~” She called. Yuri didn’t stir but held her tighter, bringing her face closer to… She made sure that there was still some distance between them before trying again.

“Yuri.” This time, she tried, a little louder.

“Hm?” Yuri answered. She sighed lightly, hoping that any action from her won’t invite any embarrassing outcome. Unfortunately, it did.

“Yoong…” Yuri let out her name rather out of breath.

‘Oh no…’ Yoona thought. She still tried to escape though.

“Yuri, can you move a bit?” Yoona tried but failed again. Yuri pulled her closer once again. This time, her face was buried on… Yoona couldn’t speak. If she dared to speak or move, she’ll only arouse something on the other girl. But this wouldn’t even happen if the girl wasn’t here.  She tried pushing herself out of the grasp, careful so that her whole face would not move. She took hold of the girl’s hips and tried to push herself out.

“Yoong…” There came another breathy call.

‘Oh, heck with this!’  Yoona thought. Clearly, being careful is not working, not with Yuri around. She held onto the girl’s sides and started tickling her. Yuri started laughing.

“Hahaha~ Yoong, stop~ Hahaha~” Yuri finally let go of Yoona and lay on her back.  Yoona sat up on the bed, finally free from the presently laughing girl next to her.

“Yuri, what are you doing here?” Yoona asked. Yuri looked up at her and moved closer so she was lying on her stomach but hugging the sitting Yoona’s waist.

“I wanted to wake up next to you. That’s all.” Yuri said, snuggling into Yoona.

“Aish… Then what is with that?” Yoona gestured to the daring, black night gown that graced the older’s body. It showed a lot skin yet still covered the right places.

‘She really has good taste.’ Yoona thought.

“Because…” Yoona listened for Yuri’s answer. She was a bit surprised when Yuri sat up and leans towards her, the night gown taking effect. Yoona was blushing madly.

“I was expecting we could do something together… Just the two of us… Alone… Right here…” Yuri’s voice was quiet and inviting, implying things that were running on the blushing Yoona’s mind. And the dress wasn’t helping. Yoona tried to look away but Yuri just leaned in closer.

“Right now…” Yuri was near her neck now. Yoona could feel something in herself and it wasn’t a bad feeling, but she was nervous knowing that she can feel it and the other is surely b with it. She could feel Yuri pushing her down the bed gently, the girl lying on top of her. Yuri’s lips started planting light kisses on her neck.

“Y-Y-Yuri…” Her voice came out rather breathlessly. Her mind was starting to spin. Yuri left her neck to meet with her eyes. Yuri stared at her, her eyes still closed. At the interval, Yoona opened her eyes, revealing her unnatural green ones. Yuri’s unnatural lavender ones stared and closed. Yoona could feel Yuri’s lips on hers. Her eyes were still open as she watched Yuri’s face, a blush adorning their cheeks. Yoona was about to close her eyes, starting something that she won’t even imagine when…

Ring~ Ring~ Ring~

The two froze at their actions. Yuri’s eyes were wide but have now returned to their usual brown. On the other hand, Yoona’s eyes were half-opened, half- closed, and was still their green shade. Yuri didn’t notice Yoona’s eyes as she turned her attention to her phone on the night stand.  She moved away to the still dazed Yoona who followed her movements with dark green eyes.

“Yeoboseyo?” Yuri answered the phone.

“Good Morning, Yuri. It’s Sooyoung.”  The voice on the other line informed.

“Oh, Sooyoung, Good Morning.” Yuri greeted, not noticing Yoona’s look on her as the girl moved closer to her.

“Can I help you with something?” Yuri asked.

“Taeyeon asked me to inform you that Sunny was with her right now. So we don’t have to work in the café today. You guys can visit the organization today and help out if you want.” Sooyoung explained.

“Oh, okay. Yoona and I will- eek!” Yuri didn’t finish her answer. Her phone dropped on the floor as she found herself staring up at green doe eyes.

“Yuri?” Sooyoung was still on the other end. She was worried that something bad happened until…

Another high pitched “Eek!” followed by low, breathy “Yul…” came from the other end.

Sooyoung immediately dropped the call. Her face was with so much mixed emotions. She looked at the chemical equipment around her, trying to calm herself. She shook her head and took a vial that had just finished mixing from the centrifuge. She stared at it. Then, she remembered the ended phone call.

“Huuu!” She let out cringing yelp.

“Sooyoung?” A voice came from behind her, making her turn right away. She was glad to find a familiar face.

“Oh, Sang Doo, it’s just you… You scared me.” Sooyoung said. Sang Doo laughed.

“What’s wrong? You seem jumpy.” He observed. Sooyoung smiled and shook her head.

“It’s nothing. I just called Yuri to inform her something Taeyeon wanted to tell her and I guess I walked in on something I shouldn’t have.” Sooyoung vaguely explained. Sang Doo creased his eyebrows.

“Were Yoona and Yuri fighting?” He asked curiously. Sooyoung chuckled nervously.

“You could say that.” She said before making her way to the door.

“I’m going back to my office.” Sooyoung said, leaving a confused Sang Doo in the lab.

 

A/N: Hi, everyone. Here’s the first chapter of the Dreams of Red Snow on the beginning of April. We’re just starting so I had a bit of trouble but this came out. How is this starter?

Thank you very much. I don’t think I can thank you all enough. I guess Red Snow of Fate was really a success. I got 51 of you subscribing right away, it’s overwhelmingly good. ^^ And I got six upvotes right away. It’s such an honor. Thank you very much VLdandyu07, sone_is_love, DandyuJjang, 3xXAnnaXx3, eyelovegg, and yyyuile. I hope I don’t disappoint you. And thank you for leaving comments as well.

I tried to change my writing style. Did you notice? I hope to improve my writing style better so please help me with it. I’m doing sessions with my English teacher but he won’t be back until a week after break because he’s in France. ^~^

Anyway, if you guys have any ideas, please tell me. I’ll be writing all week so look forward to some updates from both DP: KTA and DoRS. See you guys around. ^-^v