Sleepover

Scars

"Happy birthday to you...."

Amber was grinning the whole time we sang the song. My parents and I were invited by Auntie Liu to celebrate Amber's birthday together.

"Now make a wish,"Auntie Liu said.

 

Amber closed her eyes and blew out candles. Amber squealed for joy as she opened her birthday gift from my parents; they gave her VIP tickets for an international basketball tournament. Amber's mom gave her tickets to amusement park. I gave her a CD; I know it's lame, but it's not her actual present. I have to be alone with Amber to give her the real one. So, because it would be awkward if I didn't get her anything, I decided to buy the CD.

It was very crowded at the small apartment, but it was perfect. With Amber, her mom, my parents, and me, it felt like we are already a family. We stayed until late at night, and, as the clock pointed to eleven, my mom told Auntie Liu that we had to go home.

 

As they walked us to the car, Amber tightly held onto my hand. She refused to let go of my hand when I wanted to climb inside the car. I knew she wanted to hold me, but didn't want to do so in front of our parents.

Her voice sounded sad as she said, "Goodnight, Krys."

I bit my lower lip, my heart ached; I didn't want to say goodbye.

I went inside the car, opened the window immediately to be able to hold her hand again.

"Mrs. Jung, Mr. Jung," Auntie Liu said, "do you think it's okay if Krystal stays at our place for tonight? "

My jaw dropped. Did Amber's mom just ask my parents to allow me to sleep over with Amber?

My dad chuckled and said to Auntie Liu, "I think you just read my mind."

I got out of the car as Amber and I looked at each other and then we glanced at our parents, confused.

"That is, if you want to Princess. If you don't, we can just go home." My dad said.

"I DO!" I blushed because the grown ups were laughing at my abrupt answer.

"I'll take care of them, you don't have to worry," Auntie Liu said to my parents.

"We're not," my mom smiled at her. "Now, Soojung, don't be to hard on Mrs. Liu, okay?"

"You know I won't, Mom, and thank you. I love you guys," I ran back to the car and gave my parents a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll bring Krystal home for lunch tomorrow," Amber said. My dad nodded and started the car engine.

"Goodnight, and Amber, happy birthday again."

"Thank you," Amber grinned. My dad ruffled her hair before he stepped on the gas and left.

 

Amber and I couldn't stop grinning. After cleaning the apartment, we split up to go to sleep. Auntie Liu said goodnight to us and hugged me before she walked into her room.

I told her thank you for letting me stay over. She just smiled, nodded, and closed the door.

As Amber expanded the daybed, I excused myself to freshen up. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, changed into the pijamas Amber gave me, and tried not to squeal at the thought of spending the night with Amber.

When I got back, Amber had already changed her clothes.

 

"Which side do you want? " She asked me.

"Left please."

She chuckled. "Okay. I'll be right back, have to brush my teeth."

I nodded and climbed on the bed. I laid down and smiled when I smelled Amber's scent.

Her pillow, her blanket, her entire bed....

Her scent was everywhere and I loved it.

 

Amber came back from the bathroom, slid underneath the blankets, and faced me.

"Hi," she smiled.

"Hi," I said and grinned.

We both let out a laugh from the awkwardness.

"I'm sorry it's not as comfortable as your own bed."

"I like it better here."

Her lips formed a smile. Suddenly, I remembered something.

 

"Hey, Am? "

"Yeah?"

"Why were there two cakes?"

Amber chuckled. "My mom always made two cakes on my birthday. I kind of figured it that she made the other cake symbolically...you know, for my dad. I never got to know my dad, so I guess my mom made two cakes so I can get two wishes. One for my dad and one for me. The truth is, she's been doing that ever since I can remember; I don't find it odd anymore so I never actually asked her why. Besides, I don't mind another portion of cake."

I thought it was strange; if Auntie Lie even refused to tell Amber who her father is, why would she bother to make an extra cake for Amber to wish something from her dad? If Amber were still little, I would understand, but now....

I shook my head to get rid of the thought. I'm was going to enjoy my sleepover.

 

"Hey, Krys."

"Hmm?"

"Thanks for the gift."

I hesitated and took a deep breath before I said, "Actually...it's not the real present."

She frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Well, it's...I had something I want to give you, but I couldn't do it in front of your mom or my parents. But, if I didn't give you anything, it would've been weird, so I bought you the CD"

"So, where's my real present?"

"It's here... " I weakly answered.

"Here? " Amber jumped to a sitting position and looked around. "Where?"

"Keep your voice down," I hissed and pulled her back to lie down, "your mom is asleep!"

"Sorry," she whispered back. "Is it food?"

I laughed. "Unfortunately it's not. But, I hope you like it anyway."

 

I closed my eyes to encourage myself before I looked at her, took her hand, and put it on my heart.

"Feel that?"

She nodded. I looked into her eyes.

"Amber Josephine Liu, today I give you my heart for you to keep. Please take care of it "

Amber's lips trembled. "Krys...."

I could see she fought hard not to cry, but tears started to form in her eyes. She took my other hand and put it on her heart.

"You had mine since the first moment I saw you. I love you so much"

"I love you more," I whispered to her before I leaned closer and caught her lips with mine.

We exchanged a few more kisses, before I said to her, "I'm so tired. I'm going to turn around, okay?"

She nodded. When I had adjusted my position, my heart was about to explode when Amber wrapped her arms around me, kissed the top of my head, and said, "Sleep tight, Princess."

I held her hands and felt like nothing bad could ever happen as long as I was in her arms.

                                    ________

 

 

Hey it's fxluvforever. Sorry for the delay; ahjumma forced me to study for my exams. Cruel wasn't it? ;)

Well, my exams are over now so I'll be able to update more often.

(And to our reader who I promised last week that I'd update, sorry. I'll do another update tomorrow just for you. Deal? ^o^)

 

 

 

 

Yosh, here's flabby ahjumma ^^

 

 

Thank you for you guys who keep on commenting, please be free to tell us how you think if the story so far. I know you guys can't wait for trouble to come, some of you wonder if it's ever going to happen because everything seems to be perfect and fluffly. There are things about Amber you guys have to know before we bring trouble in. Just one more sweet chapter before the guy shows up in Kryber's life  ^^

 

 

 

 

See Ya *Give you all a big warm panda hug*