Acceptance

Scars

I took a deep breath before I walked inside the school gate.

Raging fan girls.

Oh no.

Have to be ready for them.

“Hey Krys, you okay?” Amber asked.

“What? Yeah, I’m fine.” trying to convince myself as well.

Amber smiled. “It's gonna be alright.”

Yeah, sure. You're not the one who's going to face the wrath of the fan girls.

I can feel eyes on my back of my head as we walked to my locker.

“See you after school, okay? I’ll walk you home.”

“Don't you have training?”

“Nope, not today.”

“Okay, see you after school Amber.” I told her with a smile.

I waved goodbye as she walked away.

“Hey, lover girl.” someone growled.

I jumped at the voice behind me and cursed under my breath when I saw who stood there.

“You're giving me heart attack, Ssul!” I yelled, smacking her on the arm.

“Yah! That hurt!”

The girls laughed.

“So, where is your y lover?” Jiyoung asked, still laughing.

“Would you stop teasing me?” I hit her on the hand while we walk to the class.

“Hmm let's see; how ‘bout: no. You're cute when you're shy, you know, Soojungie?” pinching me on the cheek.

“Yah!”

“Kekekekke, this is too cute.” Sulli said, giggling.

I rolled my eyes; she's definitely not going to stop teasing me.

Okay, I’m certain that the rest of the class is talking about me; call me paranoid, but I know they are.

At least I haven't been dumped in a trash can or gotten my head stuck in a toilet from a raging fan girl.

They were talking behind my back, but that's it.

I was cleaning up my locker while I waited for Amber when I heard someone called my name.

“Hey, Soojung.”

“Yuri unnie.” I bowed a little to her. She's one of Amber’s best friends.

“You okay?”

I nodded hesitantly.

“You sure?”

“It, it’s just that I thought the girls would be going on a rampage after they found out that I'm dating Amber.”

Yuri Unnie chuckled. “Well, there are quite a lot of people who envy you right now.”

I forced a smile.

“You know Soojung, Amber is the nicest person I've ever met. I won’t lie to you, I had a crush on her; I even confessed to her. She always tried to make people happy and didn’t think much about herself. Did you know she liked you the minute she saw you?”

I shook my head.

“It makes me happy seeing her like this. Her eyes light up every time she talks about you and I think every girl who has a crush on her likes her enough to let go. To let her be happy, and she’s happy when she is with you. You take good care of her okay, Soojung?”

I weakly nodded.

“I'm going to go. Amber is going to be finished soon. Bye Soojung.”

“Bye, unnie.”

A few minutes later Amber showed up and we walked back home.

Why is this going so fast?

I mean, she asked me out yesterday. Then she showed up at my door today and asked for my parents’ permission to date me. Now everybody at school has giving their blessing.

It's been just a little bit more than twenty-four hours since we started dating and with this speed, I feel like we are going to get married in a month.

“You okay?” Amber said as we stopped in front of my house.

“Yes. Well, no. Not really.”

“What's wrong?”

“Why did you show up today at my house?”

“Huh? I told you, I wanted to ask your parents for permission.”

“But we had only been together a couple hours.”

She looked at me. “Am I going too fast for you?”

I hesitated before answering, but eventually I just nodded.

“I'm sorry.”

“Don't get me wrong, I think it's sweet that you did that. But we've only known each other for a couple days.”

“Okay, I promise you to slow down. I guess I can propose to you tomorrow huh?”

“WHAT?”

“Kidding.”

“Stupid.”

She laughed.

I looked in her eyes and said, “Give us some time to get to know each other.”

She nodded. “I just want to spend as much time with you as I can.”

“Silly. You're nineteen not eighty. We have all the time in the world.”

She laughed. “Yeah, I guess you're right. Don't get bored of me. I'm going to be sticking to you for a very long time.”

I smiled at her, and closed the door.

 

 

 

 

I didn't know.

 

 

I didn't know how little time we would have.


 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                       

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

 

Heyo, this is fxluvforever,79alexandria’s lovely partner. How are YOU?

Can you believe how fluffy ahjumma is being? I wonder how long that will last… ^o^