My Beautiful Girl

Scars

The boy had woken up early; he couldn't wait to see the girl he had been dreaming of the past year. He put on his best shirt and made his way to her house. He decided it was better wait in the park around the corner. Her dad was never happy to see him talking to her.

His heart leapt for joy when he heard her voice. She was talking to someone; he couldn't quite catch what they were talking about, but simply hearing her angelic voice made him happy.

He stepped out from behind the tree, wanting to greet the girl of his dreams, and frowned when he saw the girl walking with some guy. He gritted his teeth as the girl took the guy's hand and intertwined her fingers with his.

What was she doing, the boy by the tree thought. Was she cheating on him?

His blood started to boil. The boy didn't realize that Krystal was only seven when she had said she liked him. The boy gave Krystal his ice cream after the girl dropped the hers on the ground. A simple thank you from a seven-year-old girl was mistaken as a love declaration.

Anger overtook the  boy; he was about to destroy everything around him when he saw Krystal walking back to her house. He had to confront her; ask her why she was betraying him.

“Soojung,” the boy called her name. Krystal turned her head to look at him.

“Oppa,” she said in surprise. She remembered the boy in front of her; he was the one everybody told her to be careful of, but she didn't understand why. The boy always was polite to her, she didn't  have feelings for him, but she didn't despise him either.

Her dad told her once to stop talking to him, that the boy was strange. Krystal always believed that there was good in all people, that you shouldn't judge them. He had done her no harm, and Krystal never found a reason to stop talking to him.

What she didn't know was that her "friend" had been stalking her around and believed that they were in love; that they belonged to each other.

“Oppa,” the girl said again and smiled to him, “you're back! Are you on leave?”

He didn't answer, just looked at her in the eyes. It was the first time Krystal felt a little bit scared of him.

“Who's the boy?” His voice was fill with anger. Krystal frowned.

“What boy?”

“The one from before.”

Krystal thought for a moment then chuckled when she realized who he was talking about.

“The 'boy' I went to school with?”

He nodded.

“She's a girl, Oppa. Her name is Amber,” she laughed. "You're not the only one that has thought she was a boy."

“A girl?”

“Yes. My girlfriend.”

The boy didn't think Krystal meant "girlfriend" as in "girlfriend". He thought Krystal meant "friends", but knowing that the "boy" was actually a girl made him feel a lot better.

“Sorry” he said, smiling to Krystal.

I knew she wouldn't betray me, he said in his head. She loves me and only me.

“How are you, Soojung?”

“I'm fine, Oppa.”

“Where do you go to school now?”

“I got accepted in SKKU; can you believe that, Oppa?”

“Congrats,” he said sincerely. Krystal glanced at her watch.

“Oppa, I have to go. I'm going to watch the basketball game. Did you know we're in the championship game, Oppa?”

The boy shook his head.

“It's so exciting! If we win, this will be the first time in twenty years! It's going to broadcast it live on TV. You should go home and watch it, Oppa.”

He just nodded as Krystal ran back to her house after waving goodbye.

She got even more beautiful, the boy said to himself. My beautiful girl.

 

 

 

 

                        ______

 

 

 

Here's the update I promised; like?

 

Can you guess who Krystal's "friend" is? I know, but do you? ;)

 

 

Ahjumma has a present for y'all next chapter.

*cough* *cough*

Be prepared ^o^