Lighthouse

Scars

Calm down, Krys.

Calm down.

 

You are civilized.

You are NOT going to slap that girl over there who's giggling with Amber.

You are NOT going to poke the other girl's eyes out for staring at Amber.

You are NOT going to put that girl in a head lock for drooling over Amber.

Calm down.

 

I told myself this as Amber and I walked around the bazaar, but I couldn't help but pout when Amber didn't react.

“Krys? Why are you pouting?” Amber put her hands on my cheeks.

“NOTHING,” I swatted her hands.

“Oh....” her eyes went wide.

“What?” I said.

“Yuri told me that if a girl said 'nothing' in that kind of tone that means there actually is something and that I should ask her what's really wrong otherwise she won't answer my calls afterward.”

I tried not to smile, but failed. She's such a dork.

 

“Is that a smile I see?” Amber grinned as I slapped her arm.

She walked in front of me, and stopped me from walking.

“Now, tell me, what made you pout? My princess shouldn't pout, you know.”

She cupped my cheek while she was talking to me. The stares from the girls around us could burn a hole through my head right now.

“It's nothing,” I said and tried to push her away.

“You aren't leaving before you tell me what's going on,” she grabbed my wrist.

Death stares from everywhere.

 

“How do you do this, Am?”

“Do what?”

“Don't their stares bother you? Don't you care?"

 

Amber blinked a couple times and started to laugh.

I pouted again and walked away from her.

“Hey, Krys...wait up! Please don't be mad.”

“I don't care anymore.”

“Hey,” She took my hand, “they don't bother me because I don't care. Why should I? I have you.”

I didn't want to blush, but I felt my face starting turn red and the fact that she pulled me to a hug in front all of these people really didn't help. She let go after a few minutes and took my hand, intertwined her fingers with mine, as we start to walk around the bazaar.

 

“It's cute though.” Amber said after a while.

“What?” I asked.

“You being all jealous.”

“Wh-WHAT? Wait, I'm so not jealous.” I argued.

She just chuckled and kissed my temple.

“I love you,” she told me.

 

Amber went to every food stand there was and I just laughed as she dragged me around. I looked up while we waited in line at one of the many food stands and was surprised to see how dark the sky was.

“Hey, Krys. Come here,” Amber dragged me inside a building and we walked up the stairs.

“Wait, what? Where are we going?” I asked, confused.

“You'll see in a minute. Come on, we have to be there before the fireworks start.”

As we reached the top, Amber pulled out a key from her pocket and opened the door to the roof. I couldn't believe my eyes. It's a roof garden. Flowers bloomed everywhere.

“Come here,” Amber took my hand and we sat on a swing. It's kind of small even though it was meant for two people. Amber put her arm around my shoulder.

“Like the view?” She asked. I nodded.

“How do you know about this place?”

“A friend of mine goes to this school; actually, she's the one in charge of all of this. I told her that I was going to bring my girlfriend today and she gave me the key to the roof. She said that we would have the best view from up here.”

“That was nice of her.”

Amber smiled.

 

Just a few seconds later, the sky was filled with light.

“Oh, look!” I said and pointed at the sky while I watched looking the fireworks explode into different shapes and color. Amber laughed as I clapped like a little kid when the finale started.

“It's so beautiful,” I said while I started at the now dark sky.

“Yes you are....”

I turned my head and looked at her and realized she didn't even glance at the fireworks; she was looking at me the whole time.

This girl made me blush more often in three months than I had ever had in my entire life.

“You are beautiful,” she said again, staring back at me. I avoided her eyes. “I still remember the day as I first laid my eyes on you.”

“When was it?” I said.

“In the auditorium.”

“The first day of school?”

Amber nodded.

“But there were, like, a hundred students there, why me?”

 

She didn't answer at first, but then she said,  “Have you ever seen a lighthouse?”

“Only in pictures and movies,” I answered.

“Did you know that ships are counting on the lighthouse to guide them home?  They always look for that light because, when they see it, they know that they are safe and that they are going to be home soon.”

I couldn't figure out where she was headed with this.

 

“I never knew my dad. My mom never talks about him. I asked, and asked, and asked, but she never told. One day, I just gave up trying to find out. I believe that the only reason my mom doesn't want me to find out about my dad is to protect me.  I'm proud of what I am; my mom raised me to believe in myself. I like being around people, especially around my friends. I've known most of them all my life, we grew up together. Then everybody started to fall in love; they started searching for their other half.” She stopped and looked at the sky. “I guess, even though I tried to suppress it, I never got rid that feeling that my dad probably didn't want me. When I realized he probably didn't love me, I felt lost somehow. I was like one of those lost ships out at sea looking for their way home...until that day.” Her lips formed a smile, her eyes showed she's replaying something in her head.

“That day, as I entered the auditorium, you were the only one I could see. It seemed like there was a light surrounding you,” Amber chuckled before she continued. “That sounded cheesy, didn't it?”

I just shook my head.

 

Amber pulled me to a hug. She whispered in my ear, “You're my lighthouse, Krys. You are the place I'm going to go home to for the rest of my life.”

There was not even the slightest bit of doubt in her voice.

She broke the hug, and caressed my cheek. Her lips parted slightly as leaned closer and closed the gap between us. We stayed lip locked for a while, then slowly pulled back and looked into each other eyes. Amber leaned closer again, this time her kiss was firmer, more demanding than the first one. I slowly wrapped my arms around her neck, kissing her back.

Amber held me tightly as we broke the kiss. She gently my hair as she said, “I love you, Krystal Jung. I won't stop loving you until my last breath.”

 

 

---------

 

 

 

 

Kryber is so adorable. Hope you liked it!

 

 

 

 

Yossh, we're back with the still so fluffy story ^^

 

Fxluvforever is actually on her exam *pushed her back to study*

 

We still have some more fluffy chaps on the way before trouble comes in. So like I said, enjoy while it lasts guys ^^

 

 

79alexandreia rolling around feeling bored at home.

 

 

 

See Ya