Walking Home

Scars

“Come on, you are going to be late,” I said, dragging her along.

“You don't have to go with me,” Amber insisted.

"I want to,” I pouted.

Amber and the basketball team were going to play the championship game. She was going to leave in a bus with her team from school, while Mom, Dad, Auntie Liu, and I were going later in our car.  The teams were supposed to be there four hours before the game.

It was the first time in seven years that our school made it to the finals, and, if we win the championship, it would be the first time in twenty years. The school principle gave permission to some students to not attend school and go to the game. Of course, being the team captain's girlfriend, I was one of them.

“Listen, you get to skip school because of the game; you don't have to go to the school just to drop me off.”

“Why are you so stubborn? Why can't I go with you?” I questioned while trying to drag Amber out the door.

“I don't want you to walk home alone,” she said. I rolled my eyes.

“Amber Josephine Liu, I've walked to school by myself a long time before we started dating, and I'm still capable of doing just that. Thank you.”

“I still don't like the idea of you walking home alone,” Amber said stubbornly.

“Stupid, stop being so possessive; nothing is going to happen in broad day light. Now let's go!” I grabbed her hand, she sighed, but finally gave up.

“Bye Mr. and Mrs. Jung! See you at the game,” Amber shouted.

“Bye Amber, and good luck," my parents yelled as they walked up to the doorway.

“Yup, and thank you for taking my mom along!”

“No problem kiddo, now just go get us the title,” Dad grinned. Amber grinned back.

“Aissh,” I said impatiently, “we are so going to be late. Bye Mom, bye Dad! I'll be back after the bus leaves!”

“Be careful on your way back, Princess,” Dad said. I rolled my eyes again. What was with these people? Even though I'm dating Amber, I'm still capable of doing things by myself.

“Krys, you mad?”

“I'm not,” I said while we walked hurriedly to the school. “I just don't see why walking alone is such a big deal. The school is, like, fifteen minutes from here and I used to walk to school alone all the time.”

“I know you can take care of yourself, Krys. I can't help being that possessive.” She said. I chuckled.

“Stupid. Now walk faster or you are going to be late, hot shot.”

I didn't know that a pair of eyes were watching my every move from a distance.

When we got to the bus, everybody was already there waiting.

“Hey, Amber, I was about to call you,” Amber's teammate, Jia, said.

“Sorry,” Amber scratched her head.

“We should get going,” the coach said. Amber nodded.

“You be careful on your way back, okay? Text me,” Amber my arms.

“Stop making a big deal out of this. Now go in that bus and go kick some butts.”

She laughed

“I love you,” she mouthed. There was loud howls and whistling from inside the bus.

“KISS! KISS! KISS!” Everybody chanted. Amber's face turned into a lobster.

“Don't mind them. They are crazy,” she said. I laughed.

“I'm going, okay?” Amber said.

“See you there,” I answered. “Hey Amber,” I called her, stood on my toes, and gave her a peck on the lips. “Go get them.”

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO,” the howls and the whistling got even louder. Amber's ears were so red.

Cute.

“I'm going to pretend I didn't see that. Now get in the bus, Liu,” the coach said while shaking his head. I waited until the bus started leave and blew Amber a kiss, making her grin from ear to ear.

I was literally skipping the whole way home; I couldn't wait to see my girlfriend in action.

I turned my head as someone called my name and saw someone walk out from behind a tree in the park near my house.

 

 

       ________

 

 

Who called Krystal? Hmm, I guess you'll have to wait and find out ^o^

Prepare for the double update