Blessings

Scars

 

 

Soojung, hurry up! Breakfast is ready.” my mom yelled from the kitchen.

Coming, Mom!” I finished putting on my uniform and ran downstairs.

Hi, Mom; hey, Dad.” I kissed them both on the cheek before I sat down and poured myself a bowl of cereal.

 

I frowned as I heard the doorbell ring. It's too early for the postman.

I'll get it.” I said and opened the door.

 

My jaw dropped as I looked at the person that stood in my doorway.

A-Amber?”

Hey, Krys. M-Morning.”

What are you doing here?” I said, wanting to know why she was at my house so early in the morning.

I-I want to pick you up to school and I, uh, I wanted to see your, um, your p-parents.”

Why would you want to do that?” I said in shock.

I, uh, well…”

 

Soojung, who is it?” Dad was walking to the door and saw Amber wearing the same uniform. “Oh, your school friend. Come on in, boy.”

Amber's face turned red.

I'm a girl, sir. My name is Amber.”

My dad turned around, went in silence and looked at Amber carefully.

Sorry.” Dad said.

It's alright, sir. I get that a lot.”

Have you eaten yet? Do you want to join us for breakfast?”

I’ve eaten already, sir, but thank you anyways.”

Oh, come on. Just one pancake? Soojung's mom makes the best pancakes in the world.” Dad winked.

Amber laughed and said “Yes, sir. I'd love to. Thank you.”

Honey, this is Soojung's school mate, Amber.”

Hi, Amber.” Mom said and glanced at my dad. “My husband is forcing you to try my pancakes isn’t he?”

It's an honor to try the best pancake in the world, mam.”

I could tell that my parents like her already. That's Amber for you; she has this charm that makes people like her in an instant.

 

So Amber, are you in the same class as our Princess?”

Dad!”

What?”

Don't call me that in front of my friends.” I begged.

Amber chuckled. “It suits you.”

I sighed in frustration. “Not you too!”

I'm Krystal's senior, sir.” Amber said. “The pancakes are great, Mrs. Jung.”

Thank you, would you like some more?”

I would, if it's okay with you. I could use some energy before training.” Amber flashed her smile.

You play any sports, Amber?”

Yes, sir.”

What do you play?”

Oh, this and that...”

Stop being so modest.” I told her, rolling my eyes. “Amber is either the captain or vice-captain of practically every sport in the school.

Wow, impressive.” Dad nodded in approval. “I used to do boxing in my younger days.”

Oh no, hurry Amber, eat up. Dad is about to tell you every little detail about his last match.”

Dad laughed out loud.

I would like to hear that” Amber said.

I’m sure you would. Oh, look at that, it’s time to go!” I grabbed Amber’s hand and dragging her to the door. “Bye Mom! Bye Dad!”

Wait, Krys! Wait,” Amber pulled back her hand, “I need to ask your parents something.”

 

I saw her take a deep breath and then turn around to face my mom and dad.

Mrs. Jung, Mr. Jung. I-I like your daughter.”

What?! Did she say what I think she said?

I asked her to go out with me and she said yes.”

 

Goodbye allowance (~_~;)

 

I want to ask for your permission, to date your daughter.”

 

Hello house arrest (>_<)  

 

Soojung.” I looked up as I heard my Dad's voice.

I bit my lower lip before I replied. “Yes Dad?”

Is this true?”

I was saying goodbye to my youth as I answered, “Yes it is.”

How long have you two been together?”

She asked me yesterday.” my voice was barely audible.

This girl just had to show up on my door step a day after she asked me out and tell my parents about us as if she wants permission to marry me.

 

So Amber, you’ve been with my daughter for less than one day and you came today to ask for our permission?”

Y-Yes, that’s right sir. I know that I'm a girl and that might be hard for you to understand, but I will take care of her, sir. I promise.”

 

There was awkward silence, but then my Dad said, “You promise to take care of my Princess?”

Amber was flabbergasted “Y-Yes, sir. I promise.”

Then you better not make her late to school.”

Mom was smiling. I couldn't help grinning in response. My parents are always open minded, and, right now, that fact is causing me to happier than I’ve ever been in my entire life.

 

Amber was dumfounded and continued looking back and forth from my mom to my dad.

Go to school, kids. Don't be late; be careful on your way.”

Amber was still confused as they were shoving us out the door.

Bye, Mom! Bye, Dad!” I waved to them.

Bye, Soojung. Bye, Amber.”

Amber nodded awkwardly.

Hey, Amber,” Dad called to her, “see you tomorrow.” Then my mom and he went inside the house.

 

Amber froze at the gate. “Hey Krys...”

Yeah?”

What did he mean? Did he...?”

Yes.”

Does that mean…”

Yes.”

Another silence “So we are officially dating?”

I guess so. By the way, my Dad won't like it if you come late to pick me up for school.”

Her eyes lit up and a grin spread across her face. “I won't let him down. I'll take care of you, Krys. Promise.”

I laughed out loud. “Don't talk like that. It sounds like we are going to get married tomorrow.”

Well, I could propose.”

What?!”

She let out a big laugh. “I’m just kidding Krys.”

I rolled my eyes. “Dork.”

She chuckled as we walked side by side to school.

 

 

 

 

 

------------- 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have I told you that I'm in love with that dork?