Taken

Scars

I looked at him in disbelief. 

"Oppa...“

"Kill her."

I shook my head vigorously.

"I said, kill her," he screamed. 

"No...." I whispered. 

His gun erupted once, loud screams filled the air and a girl fell, dead. A pool of blood start forming around her head.

"Now," he shouted again.

"I won't." I turned to face him, trying to appear strong. 

More gun shots ripped through the silence and three more of our classmates fell. My resolve weakend. 

"Keep being stubborn, and you'll be responsible for the deaths of a lot of people, Soojung."

I was shaking for fear, my eyes blurry from my tears; the knife in my hand was slippery from my sweat.

"No, please no," I begged, pleaded to him. Not this; please, anything but this. 

"Kill her now or I'll start to shoot again."

I froze. The only I saw was Amber, slowly stepping towards me. I was crying.

She looked at me and showed a smile.

"It's okay, Krys. Do it. Please. We can't be responsible for anymore death."

"Stop the bull! Now," he shouted at Amber, cocking his gun, ready to kill again. I just stood there, fear preventing me from moving. 

Amber took my hand, and pulled me close as if she wanted a hug. She grunted as the knife went to her stomach and my hand was warm from her blood.

Amber pulled back, covering the spot where the knife went in with her hands.

"Am....“ I whispered. My hands started to shake as I dropped the knife. 

"I'm okay....“ Amber said weakly, her blood starting to creep through her fingers. 

Eunhyuk oppa bent down to get the knife and handed it to me.

"Stab her again!"

I shook my head and he killed another boy.

"Do it, Krys. I'm okay," Amber said.

"No...I won't...no!“ 

How could she ask me to do this to her?!

I don't want to live without her. I pointed the knife towards me, preparing to go with her, but Amber was faster. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into her.

She fell to the ground and started coughing blood after the knife punctured her stomach a second time.

"No! Am, please...no,“ I screamed. I dropped the blood-covered knife again and knelt beside her, placing her head on my lap.

I couldn't think straight anymore. Why was this happening to us, to her?!

"It's okay, Princess. I'm okay. Don't cry.“

Amber wiped my tears with her bloody hand.

"Don't leave me. Take me with you," I sobbed. 

"Silly...what would I say to your parents if you got hurt, Princess? I promised to take care of you,“ Amber my cheek again. "Don't cry. You know I don't like it when you're sad.“

"Get you dirty hands off her!“ Eunhyuk oppa's voice went up an octave as he shot Amber's leg in rage. 

"No!“ I was screaming, tears streaming down my face like a waterfall. "Please Oppa, let her go. I'll do whatever you want. I'll leave with you; I'll be with you forever. Just please help Amber. Help me take her to the hospital.“

He looked deep into my eyes.

"Say it...tell me you love me.“

My eyes were blurred from my tears. I didn't care if I had to lie; I had to save Amber.

"I love y....“

My false confession was cut short as Amber put her fingers on my lips; I could taste her blood. She shook her head.

"Please, don't lie for me."

At that moment, a boy sprinted towards the exit, distracting Eunhyuk oppa. It took him three shots before the boy fell lifeless on the ground only a few meters away from the door. Screaming and loud crying filled the auditorium. Eunyhuk oppa released a few more shots to the air, trying to regain control back of the situation, allowing Amber and me to talk. 

I had Amber's head on my lap. Her eyes started to close, but she kept struggling to stay awake.

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise,“ she said, her beautiful voice now a strained whisper. 

"No, Am, don't scare me like this,“ my tears dropped on her face, I her face with my hand, "I can't live without you."

"It's gonna be alright, Krys. I promise. Please live for me, for us,“ her lips formed a weak smile before she continued, "please take care of my mom. Tell her I love her."

She started to lose conciousness

"No, Am, baby, don't fall asleep. Look at me, please? Please....“

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?“ she lifted her hand and my cheek.

"No,“ I screamed as I felt a cold, wet item forced into my hand, and next thing I knew, something warm splashed on my face. I let go of the knife which now buried deep inside Amber's chest. The guy next to me smirked and wiped his face that was covered with Amber's blood.

My body grew numb as I watched the light in Amber's eyes fade, her lips trembled, mouthing "I love you" before her hand fell limp beside her lifeless body.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win" --- Stephen King

 

 

 

 

-------

 

So, in honor of f(x)'s comeback, I present to you a very, very sad chapter. 

 

Great gift huh? ;)

 

Anyways, if you read ahjumma's Entangled In (which I highly recommend if you don't), you know that we'll be going on a hiatus until the end of f(x)'s CB. 

Let's hope for more KryBer moments, shall we?

 

See ya soon!