Books, Protests, and Problems

This Everlasting Love

Kira's POV:

I lied on the couch, reading. Novels, this time, since Luhan read it.

Hime got into the room and gasped. "Kira, since when did you like reading this much? No wonder I dreamt of you reading last night," she asked, pointing to a stack of books on the table.

"Shh!" I shut her up and continued reading. She sighed and grabbed my book. "Hime-ah! I wanna read!" I took back the book. "You should've been proud of me, reading books like these," I pouted.

"Well, that only counts for the college studies. These novels are way to much," she flinched. "Whatever I like. It's my book, anyway," I fired back at her. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why are you reading all of a sudden?" she asked me. I smirked. "I'm telling you, Luhan really likes reading things like these. So I read one too so we could have a topic of conversation some other time," I told her. Her jaw dropped.

"Seriously? Oh my God, you read all these just for Luhan?" she assured me. "Well, this... is what I call... 'love'," she commented.

"Well, yeah, I think."

She sat own beside me. "Kira, I wanna ask you a favor. Can you take me to Eungbongsan Mountain tomorrow?" she asked. My jaw dropped. "W-What? E-Eungbongsan?" I asked in disbelief. "Oh, no. I have schedules, girl! College, band practice, so... sorry."

"Aw, come on, Kira! Please? I've never been on a mountain my whole life!" she pouted. "No."

"Please?" she pouted again, even doing aegyo. But I don't fall for aegyo that easy.

"Hime, you know me. I don't fall for aegyo that easily," I pinched her cheek. "Fine," she said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris' POV:

I lied on my bed, with the covers on me. A knock was heard.

"Kris, there's someone who'd like to see you," my mom said. "I'll leave you two here alone."

I heard my mom left as the figure sat on my bed. "Hey, Kris. Long time no see," a familiar voice greeted. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked her. She sighed. "Kris, I heard the story that Wangnyeo left you. I'm sorry."

"What are you doing in Seoul?" I asked her again. "Kris, I know you're still mad at me for what happened, like, 2 years ago. I came here to apologize. I wanna be your friend," she told me, sighing.

"You don't really need to, Sonya," I told her firmly. She grabbed my shoulder, I shrugged it off.

"I know it's really hard to forget Wangnyeo. But you have to accept the fact, Kris, that... she already left you. But I'm certain that one day you would see her again. As long as you're not stuck here. What if we start all over again? That way we can live our own lives. You have to look at the future of Kris. Don't ever remember your past," she advised me.

At the thought I'd see Wangnyeo again, I quickly got off my bed, sighing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Sonya's driver drove us to uni. At the carpark, we saw the rest of the boys and went out. The other members were pretty shocked seeing me with Sonya, but Xiumin was just as calm as always.

"Hey, Sonya. Thanks for bringing Duizhang back," Lay thanked her. I rolled my eyes.

"No problem, Lay ge," she replied. I rolled my eyes again and walked into the uni.

As I walked around the corridor, a voice interrupted me.

"Glad to see you back," Kira said, leaning against a wall.

"What do you want now?" I asked her, sighing. "I just wanna tell you that this ring still won't get off. I'm sorry," Kira apologized. I sighed and continued walking.

 

Kira's POV:

This guy is just so weird. I turned my back and accidentally bumped into someone. "Mianhamnida! Oh, it's you again!" she said. A familiar girl wearing a grey dress smiled at me.

"Oh, annyeong!" I replied, smiling. "By the way, does your hand still hurt?" she asked. "Oh, it's fine. It's just, my finger is swelling and the ring just won't let go," I showed her my finger.

"Is it yours, though?"

"Nah. I think this is Kris'. I just wanted to try it, though. It ended up being stuck in my hand," I explained.

"Oh. I gotta go now. Bye," she left. I furrowed my eyebrows. She's always like that when I said Kris' name.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan's POV:

We practiced the choreo for MAMA. I stared at Kris. He got every move wrong. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked forward, pausing the radio.

"Stop, stop, stop. Kris, can you get a little serious?" I told him.

"Me? I am being serious," he protested.

"This is what you call serious? You look like an amateur," I fired back at him.

"You called me an amateur? What was that supposed to mean?" he hissed.

"You're the Duizhang, Kris. You have to think about your group. Not just you," I scolded him. He raised his fist, the others held him back.

"Today's practice is a chaos. Just because you're in a bad mood doesn't mean then you're not professional!I remarked.

"It's still a luck I can be here today," he pushed me and left the dance room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lay's POV:

The next day came. We were so freaking worried because Kris was gone missing again.

"Ah, man! He's gone again," Tao commented. "Your fault, Luhan," Chen mumbled. Luhan glared at him.

"How is it supposed to be my fault? He's the one who was in a bad mood, not concentrating, and--" he protested.

"WHAT? HE'S NOT HOME?" Xiumin shouted on the phone. We asked him to call his house.

"Guys, guys. Kris's not home. His maid told me he already went for uni this morning," Xiumin informed. "See? He's gone missing again," Tao sighed. We saw Luhan walking away.

"There he goes again," I commented. "What's wrong with these guys, man?"

"Yah, Miss Sina's here," Chen told me. I looked back, he was right. She was a meter behind us. "It's an opportunity, hyung!" Chen teased me.

"Shut up," I hissed as she walked closer to us. We parted and stood in two lines.

"Annyeong, ma'am," we greeted. I ruffled the back of my hair and went up to her. "Uh, ma'am? I wanna apologize for what I did yesterday. Not that I'm insulting you, so... please don't be mad at me," I apologized. The others were probably laughing right now. She nodded at me.

"It's fine. I always have students like you," she replied, smiling.

"So, here's the thing. I am a big fan of yours. I watch all of your MVs, and... I really like your voice," I admitted.

"Thanks."

"So, I just thought... maybe we could talk about music, some other time? Just the two of us. You know, eat and talk together," I offered.

"Are you... asking me to a date?" she asked. Oh God. I'm doomed.

"Y-Yeah... sort of," I stuttered. She giggled for a while.

"I'm sorry. I can't go with my own student, moreover, a date. If you wanna talk about music, we could talk at the 'meet and greet'. I always talk with my fans there. And in the uni, I'd like my student to respect me as a teacher. So I don't want to talk about anything outside my subject. Are we clear?" she told me. I nodded.

"Yes, ma'am."

She left us. "Ha! Take that, YiXing ge!" Tao teased me. Xiumin grabbed my shoulder. "You did your best," he told me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kira's POV:

We practiced our song 'I'm A Loner'. It went pretty well. "That's more like it! If this continues, our band is SO gonna be on top!" I commented.

"Guys, tonight, our friend, Jung Yonghwa will be back," Jungshin announced. "And he wants us to pick him up in the airport," Minhyuk said with a sad face.

"Ah, man! That kid. Even though he's rich, he always ask us to do things for him," I protested.

"Actually, not us, but... you, Kira," Jonghyun remarked. I furrowed my eyebrows. "He wants to take you out, literally," Jungshin finished for him. "Oh, please. For the love of God--" I was about to say something when the door slammed open.

"Hey, guys!" Hime greeted us. "Hey, Hime-ssi!" Jonghyun greeted. "Uh.. Hime, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Kira-ah, let's go!" she grabbed my arm. "Go? Go where?" I asked her. "Come on! Keep me company!" she dragged me out of the room. "Whoa, wait! I gotta get my bag!" I ran back into the room and took my bag.

"Bye, guys. See ya later," I waved as Hime kept dragging me out of the room.


filler chapter... mianhamnida....