Parents and Mountains

This Everlasting Love

Luhan's POV:

"Lulu, I'm home," my stepmom called me. I rolled my eyes and continud reading my comic.

"Luhan, I am going to a gathering this evening. I want to ask your opinion which bag matches more to my clothes," she showed me two bags.

"Neither," I answered shortly, without even looking. She sighed. "Luhan, why are you like this? I asked you nicely for your opinion," she told me again.

"You ask for my opinion, and I gave you the answer. You don't match wearing either both bags. Because the money you use for shopping... is my mother's," I told her firmly, without using formalities. She scoffed.

"Heh. Luhan, did you forget who I am? I am the lawful wife of your father! And as long as we live here, the one who makes money is your father, no one else. So I have the right to use all the money I want. Your mother? All her life spent sitting on a wheelchair," she teased me. When she said about my mom, I was pissed off.

I slammed my book to the table and glared at my own stepmom, tightening my fist. "Don't ever insult my mother after all you did to her. You're not worthy to use that money," I hissed.

"You still think I killed your mother? Use your brain, Luhan! Your mother died because of her own carelessness, not because of anyone else. Moreover, because of me! What is the proof that I killed her? Nothing! Anyway, dear, you should thank your mother's death if your mother already doesn't exist. Rather than also if your mother is still alive only can hurt everyone," she fired back at me. I was mad now.

I raised my fist, but my dad came and held me back. "Dad, she's not my mom," I commented. "Luhan, what do you mean? She is my wife, that means she is your mother," he scolded me. I rolled my eyes.

I turned to glare at them. "I don't have a mother anymore..." they gasped, "and it's all because of you." I stormed off the house.

----------------------------------------------------------

I went to the cemetery to cool myself down. I put flowers on top of my mom's grave. I looked down, trying to forget what happened just now.

"Hey!" a female voice interrupted me. I turned to see the Japanese girl... Hime, I guess. "Who is that?"

I looked at the grave, trying to hold back my tears. "My mom," I replied. "Why did... she... die?" she asked nervously. I kept silent, not sure to tell her or not.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm sorry for your mother, though," she said, concerned. She was about to leave when I stopped her.

"Why do you like to lie to me?" I asked. "What do you mean? Lie to you? When?" she asked. I rolled my eyes. "You said the man who 'kidnapped' you is a stranger. He's your own father, anyway," I reminded her. She bursted out laughing.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why are you laughing?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Because you're funny! You suddenly talked to me using English. I tricked you, and you fell for it," she teased.

"Why do you escape from him?"

"Uh... B-Because... I'm upset of my dad. I'm a big girl. Why am I supposed to be treated like a little kid?" she stuttered.

"Then, what are you doing here? Oh, and I kinda saw you bringing flowers and putting it on a grave once."

"Oh, that's just for fun. I like it here, peaceful and quiet. Fresh air everytime. It fits pretty well to find some inspiration."

"You find inspiration... in the cemetery?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Y-Yeah... It's rare that Seoul have places like this. If there were mountains, I'd already gone there."

"The Eungbongsan Mountain is not bad. You didn't know?" I asked her. She shook her head. Really? She didn't know?

"N-No. I was born here, but I moved to Japan when I graduated elementary school. So, I didn't have the chance to look around," she told me. Suddenly, I felt sympathy for her. She looked at her watch and turned to me.

"Uh, I'm sorry. I gotta go now. See you!" she left in a flash.